/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics and more!

/sthg/ #1217 - Eggman Dab Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationlifestyle.net/2018/02/07/sega-says-sonic-forces-sales-performed-strongly/
youtube.com/watch?v=6hF7as5x-f4
youtube.com/watch?v=E4xppqJZs4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking hate you all.

Nice new thread Sonicbabs.

Will Mario be Switch-exclusive DLC for Sonic Drift 3?

New Thread post best plant

destinyu

nice """"polished"""" game, plumberboy mustache man

It's a brand new thread

Try to make this thread a little better than the last one, Sonicbabs.

playstationlifestyle.net/2018/02/07/sega-says-sonic-forces-sales-performed-strongly/

>SEGA just released their third quarter financial results presentation, and it’s our first good look at Sonic Forces sales. While no exact numbers were given, SEGA did make note to mention that Sonic‘s latest 3D adventure “performed strongly.” That shows that a mixed critical reception doesn’t always mean much in terms of sales.

>people still think internet sounding chambers are accurate sales representations

Who would you main in a Sonic fightan /sthg/?

best plant is chemical plant

>strongly
I'll wait till they release some numbers

shadow or knux

Mina Milestone Maybe?

Shadow.

Where are the numbers user?

Nice ships sonicbabs

>I'll wait till they release some numbers

Wait all you want, it's not going to under-perform Rise of Lyric which still sold over 700,000 copies as a half-finished broken-ass mess.

Sonic or whoever is top tier

To be fair, it shouldn't come as a surprise that a Sonic game with an OC creator will sell well. Not that I'm trying to take anything away from Forces strong performance, but it was pretty much guaranteed to do fine.

Also, have a sneezing Sonic

Cream, she'd have rad gimmicks.

>bing bing wahoo

>Silvaze
Not canon

Mighty Milestone Maybe?

No, stop asking about your dead, shitty waifu.

>more bing bing wahoo
>gotta catch em all

Black Bull milestone maybe?

>Recolor

Will all Sonic games from now on have a character creator?
Will Sega expand it with more animals?

Nice catchphrase Sonicbaboons

Time for storytime!

God I hope they won't and instead let us dress up Sonic and friends.

Black bull is kawaii! She is mai waifu!

It depends on which Mighty you think is superior.

Amy: "Sonic, please! Let's just go home!"
Sonic: "Somebody toucha my spaghet"

Fuck off. You're going to waste the image limit. Take a hint like the faggot that was storytiming other m and stop spamming this awful shit.

>memes

Original is better. Archie's shitty redesign was way too busy.

how RoL got that many sales I'll never understand. For Forces, "strongly" is too vague to take at face value when everyone and their mother's companies announce when they pass the 1 million sales or copies shipped. I'm not saying Forces flopped but I want concrete numbers, not feel-good cover-up words

I want to see the left mighty with classic gloves but with the black on the boots changed to white

This is the only correct answer.

Actually, I believe RoL did 500K. Lost World did 700,000 in sales. And SEGA for some reason, hasn't really given away sales numbers on the most recent Sonic games. Even Mania, they only said that it was "the best performing Sonic games since SA2," but never announced a concrete number.

>Mobian

Sonic had a weird gooby nose in the early comics.

>"the best performing Sonic games since SA2,"
Can you really compare sales of something from 1998~2001 to now though? The market for video games has completely changed. The amount of people who played video games has exploded. Not only do more people play games and its more socially acceptable for adults, but the amount of people generally alive has dramatically increased. 6.1 Billion in 2000, 7.6 billion today. That's a whole 1.5 Billion more people that didn't exist to pay for games

Also, i kinda enjoy how Sally in the early days of Archie had her beta SatAM design.

Yeah, Sonic's design was kinda odd in the early eras of the comic. Granted, the art would get far worse later on, but still.

I agree, but that's how SEGA's been promoting it. I really wish they'd release sales numbers for the game so people can know how good or bad they did, but they seem to have no intention of doing that.

sonic 06 is literally sonic adventure, right down to the graphics and play styles. u cannot and will not prove me wrong on this

damn he already won

>Can you really compare sales of something from 1998~2001 to now though?

Sonic games sold substantially more copies in the Genesis era than they do today, and the Dreamcast era sold about as many copies as today.

SA 2.5 million, SA2 1.75 million, Sonic Unleashed 2.45 million, Sonic Colors 2.18 million to mention some of the peaks.

For the statement about Mania to be literally true it would have had to sell in excess of 3.41 million copies, which was the record number and achieved by Sonic Heroes in 2003.

But I suspect they're not quite that literal.

honestly, not releasing sales numbers can only be seen negatively

I've tried user, you can't trick it.
>Is your character dead
>yes

Maybe, but I like to hope that Mania & Forces at least did fine.

>the physics
You just did, homie

Cute sailors!

>While no exact numbers were given
kek that means it flopped. theres no money to be made with 3d sonic games
dude memes
>That's a whole 1.5 Billion more people that didn't exist to pay for games
that explains all the newfags
the physics are the same in sa1 and sa2 and 06 aka sa3

kek

i won a couple of times, but they made him harder to beat since then, he couldnt guess fiona until i gave him a second chance

>that explains all the newfags
yeah like you.
youre one of those 1.5 billion that shouldnt be on this planet, cancer

I wonder if it can guess Iizuka.

>He doesn't even know Cucky.
What a loser.

but can he guess Honey in Diapers

>Sonic's face in the first panel
>Blue arms in the second

I imagine when they're talking about Mania's performance, I have a feeling that they're also talking about critical performance. It's stupid, but if the game really did beat every post-SA2 game in sales, they shouldn't have a problem giving numbers.

From what I can tell, the only way it won't guess it correctly is if you yourself put in the wrong info

>that explains all the newfags

>is underage
>talks about newfags

cucky?

>I imagine when they're talking about Mania's performance, I have a feeling that they're also talking about critical performance. It's stupid, but if the game really did beat every post-SA2 game in sales, they shouldn't have a problem giving numbers.

When the last internal Sega census was done in early winter Forces had been out for a short while and Mania had been out for about 2 months. Companies almost never go out and give solid number on the performance of a title when they still think it has a few months left of sales in it. We'll see numbers eventually, it's just a question of time.

Worth of note is that Sega had one of its strongest financial year of the last 2 decades in 2017, other than it's panchiko machine arm in Japan which is basically dying. But in terms of software,they are raking in the dosh.

True. So I guess we'll see some numbers around this year. And it's good that SEGA's done amazingly well in game sales last year. Hopefully now they can get their shit together with Sonic Team.

am i a bad person for finding this cute?
youtube.com/watch?v=6hF7as5x-f4

I tried hard to make it guess Bump but i guess she's too obscure

No one's submitted it in yet, I suppose. Tiara likely would've been a shit, desu.

>Something outside of /sthg/ has no idea who your waifu OC is
Wow! What a shocking revelation! How could this have possibly happened!?

Where are the numbers, SEGA? You better tell us at SXSW.

That's probably the case

It actually went through 3 or 4 Sonic fan characters I never heard of

>used to think UnWiished came before HDeashed
>could not for the life of me understand why the game had 3 graphical styles
Ah, to be young again...

Wasn't it said that SEGA was gonna talk about Forces & Mania's performance at SXSW? If so, we may get sales numbers then.

Honestly, the post you replied to just reminded me of when some dude tried to claim that Bump & Sage were just one user's OCs

>He hasn't heard of Becky the Hedgehog
Underage pls go and stay go. That shitty slut OC was retardedly popular back during the early 2000s.

To be fair, if you stayed away from anything involving Sonic OCs or fansites, or places like Deviantart in the 2000s, you'd likely never heard of Becky. Once her popularity died, it fucking died & you rarely hear about her these days.

I wanna fuck Mina but that's about it

im not new tho im the oldest one here
she looks so innocent and non sexualized here. old archie > new archie
kek nice one u underage newfag
>Sega had one of its strongest financial year of the last 2 decades in 2017
pso2
good
bump and sage are ocs
dont defend new

I don't know, the redesign isn't that busy. All they did was give him boots and fingerless gloves. Isn't he supposed to be like a traveler with super strength in the comics or some shit? I think those choices make sense.

Woah gramps you forgot to take your meds today?

couldnt guess sage ! horray i won !

>t. Ian Flynn

>Admitting to being underage
Sad

>Akinator can't guess a shitty OC from Veeky Forums
Who could have predicted this outcome?

you can only win if you think of an obscure character nobody knows about, anything else is already databased

Tu puedes saber todo lo que voy a hacer.
¡Pero eso no va a ayudarte, porque yo se todo lo que tu vas a hacer!
¿EXTRAÑO, NO?

You have to go back

Congrats!

I like Mighty's reboot design, honestly. Gives him something that looks different from Sonic outside of being an armadillo.

10/10

What do you think the Sonic movie's soundtrack? There will undoubtedly be a couple of pop songs in it but do you think there will be any songs recorded just for the movie?

ñ

Back to the past

Arin Hanson will sing the credits theme. It will be a rap with beat boxing.

To play the shitty games that suck ass, like Sonic Adventure 1 and Sonic Adventure 2, as well as Sonic Adventure 1 for PS3 and Xbox 360 (Also known as Sonic 06).

> There will undoubtedly be a couple of pop songs
Well at least the Mario movie's guaranteed to have some too to balance things out

>gohan blanco speak
talk in american
the less sonic a sonic character looks, the worse they look. the archie design is trash just like ur opinion
no crush 40, only meme songs from at least 2 years ago

people complain over a pair of gloves and boots?

Samurai Jack?

Part of me hopes Crush 40 does at least one song for the movie OST, but that's highly unlikely.

wachigga

SAMURAI JACK
youtube.com/watch?v=E4xppqJZs4M