For Honor General - /fhg/

Phone posted edition
Last thread >Test your metal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=oO8qCCu4mHY [Open]

>Season 5 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318091-16/season-five-announced-dedicated-servers-and-hero-updates-coming

>For Honor v1.19 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides (outdated, ask your fellow anons)
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Max Punish Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK-38XMvSakPMEk2rx8KjAzQFF5MJt_c7XMxNidYVfc/htmlview

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
>forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864166443

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The new players pastebin is fucked now, thanks to the parry changes. There's no more untechable guardbreak off parry.

Muslim warriors when? Europe and Japan are minuscule by comparison to the Muslim world, and is destined to one day convert to Islam as well, its just a fact of numbers. Why haven't the devs put in some coll historical Muslim warriors in be it as a new faction or as part of the Knights faction. They aren't christfags anymore anyway since Centurion and Gladiator are in.

Banner Wife when?

I won't say no to a Persian.

Have you even made it to rep-1 yet?

I think I'm rep 2. Only played him just to checklist off his event gear. Though I may start playing him or Valk soon, till Rep 8/9 anyway.

I'll repost this shit because it was the end of last thread.
Okay lads, I played FH when it was released and stopped after about 2 weeks. Trying to get back into it and I have some questions, would appreciate any help.
1) Is Nobushi still pretty good? She seemed very strong on release and I think I saw that they nerfed her some. I don't care if she's not broken but I don't want to waste my time on a useless hero.
2) Is Lawbringer any better? I really liked him (if I'm being honest it's 70% because of how badass he looks) but on release he seemed pretty bad.
3) Seems like Warden was really strong on release, is he still a good go-to? I'm probably going to focus on like 2 heroes at most for now so it's either Lawbringer or Warden as my backup.
4) Am I just going to get completely fucked online because I'm basically new? Or is there decent matchmaking?
5) Anyone got a good youtube channel or blog or whatever to learn about playstyles and meta shit or something? Just looking to understand what heroes I'll be up against most often, what movesets to focus on, stuff like that.

Someone please teach me how to HL. Do you just never attack and turtle until someone throws out a heavy for you to parry with your lights? I was doing fine with him until it started matching me against people that can parry his celtic curse cancels and OF heavies 100% of the time.

When Roman stop having boners over Roman

I really hope this year has some new heroes

>just can't get any good cinematic shots with mom
at least I've rebound screenshot+noUI to adjacent numpad keys.
No more hunting for f10/12 whateverthefuck

user plays for Honor (2018 colorized)

Nobushi still plays to her role and has much the same tools she did when you left. She was tuned this last patch so her Kick comes out much faster, and she has more dash cancels.

The parry standardization this patch was very good to Lawbringer, as it solidified him as the king of parries. He has the best parry punishes in the game now, and even before that, he's in a much better place than he was at launch.

Warden is on hard times right now. They made his shoulderbash-guard cancel shenanigans not as oppressive, and now that guard breaks are no longer guaranteed off a parry, he lost some bullshit max punishes. He still has his zone and his core gameplay, but with all the shiny new tools other characters recently got, Warden looks a little rusty by comparison.

From the last thread:
>There's a lot of new and returning players coming in for season 5. If you want to get back into the game, now is the best time.
Matchmaking is pretty reliable unless you're playing a mode with low population.

Things are too new in season 5 for there to be any one consistent source of new information to stabilize, to say nothing of the meta. Let that shake out for a while.

>nobushi
pretty good, recently had her zone attack nerfed but other parts of her kit buffed
>LB
he was buffed in season 2, could stand to be changed a bit more imo but not bad by any means. recent parry changes mean he has the strongest parry punishes in the game
>warden
they gutted his bash, he's pretty mediocre these days but you can make him work

What does it mean to soft-feint? How do I do it?

And in the .webm why doesn't the conq just interrupt the kick? Every single time I go for a kick or grab like that they just hit me with 1 light and shut my OF down.

"Soft feint" is just Reddit's word for a cancel. The game itself uses the word "cancel," even.

>May I hear the word used in a sentence?
Kensei can CANCEL his opener top heavy into a side heavy, a side light, a dodge, or his new Pommel Strike unblockable.

Post YFW, Week 3 Apollyon uses pre-nerf warden's moveset.
She will 100% read you all the time and spam the bash. If you try to roll out the bash she does nature's wrath.

So what that user is saying in that post you linked is that instead of letting the Celtic Curse rip, hold the heavy button instead to cancel into Offensive Stance via fast flow.

Ah. I've been trying that but it often gets parried too. Guess I'll keep at it.

Out of all the shit hero ideas I think middle eastern warrior would be the best addition. They'd be perfect

No, I mean hold the heavy button during the Celtic Curse. Instead of swinging the claymore, Highlander stops and fast flows into Offensive Stance instead. The attack doesn't come out.

What was added is the following
>Chip damage increased to 18% across all modes
>When OOS[out of stamina] you can no longer stop light chains. Meaning you can finally eat an Orochi light combo that isn’t a top light and it won’t be bounced off when blocked in OOS
>rolling now costs 50% stamina, and no longer gurantees a block animation after it. Meaning you can no longer spam rolls and get a free block after the iframes of animation are done
>health no longer regens on any character at critical health situations(feats and healing zones still apply dummies)
>all unblockable attacks and unblockable bashes feed revenge in modes that allow revenge(yes shoulder-bash, kicks and unblockable attacks feed revenge.)
>unlock “tech” [gltich] is no longer easily performed or simply no longer is viable for most heroes
>zone flicker is patched and no longer appears
>zone of raider on GB[guard break], crushing counter for warden are no longer parry-able by assassins
>revenge builds no longer exist (meaning this isn’t season 1 tier damage since gear doesn’t amplify revenge strength)
>Parrying no longer guarantees a GB on a hero PERIOD! it can be counter broken after a parry.
>Parrying now has a indicator to tell which type of attack you parried. Lights [flash that’s not too bright, appears on screen. Along with a thunder sounding audio cue], Heavy[reddish sparks]
>Parrying a light allows for a 900ms window of attack(heavies or special combos apply for a punish)
>Parrying a heavy allows for a 600ms window of attack (a light attack for all classes)

Gear rarity as follows
Levels 1-20 - common
Rep 1-2 - common and uncommon
Rep 3- 4 uncommon with a chance of rare
Rep 5-6 rare with a chance epic
Rep 6-7 epic with a chance of Legendary
Rep 8+ and beyond - Legendary gear only
Rep 9 -11+ Refined Legendary Gear
Color code
Uncommon - white/gray
Common - blue
Rare - purple
Epic - yellow
LEGENDARY - Teal
Refined LEGENDARY gear - Teal with a Diamond shape in its icon

What's to stop them from just throwing out a light and ending OF before you can throw/finish your balor/caber/kick etc? Even with fast flowing I feel like I always get interrupted before I can pull anything off unless I fast flow from a light parry.

On a related note I thought someone last thread said that they've made recovery times universal across heroes in the year I didn't play the game. So how did an Orochi I just caber tossed parry my unblockable when the rest of the cast just has to eat it?

Which is the most violent character?

>he can't into the difference between a soft-feint & hard-feinting with the cancel button
Sure we COULD just call them all cancels, but why should we lose that granularity?
Soft-feints are faster and are built into characters as quirks in their moveset.
Hard-feinting is a universal tool anyone can do. except conk lol

>1 pool tournament

What is the fucking point of Qualifiers if the entire pool goes later into the playoffs anyway? Waste of fucking time holy shit. Might as well just afk through the whole shit.

That's where player knowledge comes into play. If you know that the enemy will throw a light if you try to Celtic Curse, then
a) he's gonna keep eating those CCs because it has super armor, but
b) fast flow won't work there because he'll just bop you out of it.
But if you know they dodge in response to your Celtic Curse, then you know you can take advantage of that by fast flowing and YA BLABing them in the head for their troubles.

Built-in cancels are just cancels.
"Hard feints" are just feints.
Don't make things harder than they need to be by using vaguely similar terms with the same root word if they're two different concepts.

Apollyons legacy event!!!
This event allows for the looting of both weapons and armor
What you get is
>one weapon set
>one armor set
>black stone legion elite color
>iron legion color scheme (think Conqs colors on the games front cover)
>Apollyon emote I AM WAR
>Apollyon embossing
>Apollyon Embem for faction shield
>Age of wolves battle outift with the color scheme called “war”
All available until March 8th
All items can be looted in any playlist except duel vs AI and
Play in “Test your metal” mode every week to unlock a prize.

>someone else is posting jeannu in my absence.

Not once does the game itself use the phrase "soft feint." It uses "cancel."

Stop playing Monhun

Is Test Your Metal II out? Is it any different?

...they're all pretty violent user.

Though..
>shugoki has head-crushing
>conk rips off limbs lmao
>warlord is a wwe wrestler and beats people with his shield
>lawbringer can strangle a bitch or send them flying

>Play in “Test your metal” mode every week to unlock a prize.
What the prize? How many games do I have to play?

Nope. Thursday.

Emblem Outline and Symbols.

I want to but I can't, been playing FH nonstop everyday since it came out pretty much.

MHW is too refreshing and cozy. At the same time i really want to play the reworked conq and get the event stuff. Did i see rose pedals?

Help me out here, lads. I've been eyeing this apollyon mask for almost a week but I can't for the life of me figure out if this thing is clipping this bad (which would be a deal breaker for me) or if they actually went through the effort of making this special model just for warlord.

Nice Jeannu. Can't wait for PC release

Rose petals were for Valentine day only bruh.

You can atleast try out Test Your Mettle event and get reward for week 1. Week one is ending this thursday, just play a single game and leave.

Name my band

How to defeat shamans as warden?

>One Roman Remembered His Shield

in 4v4, make sure you take the no bleed feat

Julius, Maximullius, and the Borghese twins.

What about in tourneys?

Die

Three studs and the dog

Aramusha reminds me of the AC4 protagonist

honestly how the fuck has peacekeeper remained largely unchanged since launch?

it's pollice, user

Pronounced poll-ee-che

Which headpiece is that? And I see you use the creepy hand/claw Nergi lance as well.

Bazel.

what does season pass do in this game? Is it like R6S where you get new characters instantly/cheaper?

How's Lawbringer, bruvs

Yeah, it gives you every DLC character for free. It also gives you a free outfit on those characters, and it would have given you a week of early access with the DLC heroes when they were added, but that's in the past.

Huh, thats's a drastic difference from the lionheaded Roman armor thing for males.

Season pass gives you all year 1 DLC characters to own immediately. You also get an extra outfit, exclusive effects, armor patterns and a month's worth of champion's status.

The season pass entitles you to six new heroes without the grind to get them.
The grind would have taken you about a week and a half for one hero out of the six. Without the pass it would have cost 15k steel for one hero, with the pass it’s nothing. The pass also gives you six elite outfits for the new heroes, some special shield outline for your emblem, some champion status(boosts XP gain) and 5 crates and a sun emote.
I got mine at 24$ so find a cheap place to get it

Eh, not really. Same material and same shape, it's just a waifu face frame instead of a full helmet. It's different, sure, but I don't think any more drastically than other sets are.

Also, >>/mhg/

When?

I think it was the Deluxe or Gold version of the base game that included not only the season pass, but also all vanilla characters to own immediately.

inshaallah brother.

Why cant we ever have a thread without this autistic image.

I don't want to go too off topic, but when i saw the pre-order Origin headpiece that looks sorta jeannu i was happy. Then i saw bazels which is 98% jeannu headpiece. Even gives her a braid.

Ah hell.

Warden, raider and kensei are free

a bit like siege then.
I can get the game plus season pass for 33€ right now or just the game for 20€. I haven't played it before so I'll probably get the cheaper version in case I don't like it

why cant I change my guard from left to right fast enough to block AI lights

Holy shit, nu-conq is aids. Actually more frustrating to fight than Shaman.

DUNMAGLASS

Because no one told the autist no when we were a comfy general full of like 24+ anons. He even admitted himself one time that no one told him no and he just kept spamming it each thread. Doesn’t help that the devs liked his pushing in there face idea of it on Twitter, which further fueled his psyche t keep spamming

pls respond

Except in-practice those words are synonyms- you're doing both 'canceling' and 'feinting' whenever you soft OR hard feint.
Calling one soft & the other hard adds in the distinction where otherwise there is MORE ambiguity.

*lights*

HOW IS MERCY FUCKING FAIR

Got buffed and is still shit for 1v1s. Good pick for 4v4.
But since you don’t care about other modes, just play duel as a turtle and fish for parry punishes. All you can do in your ebin mode

Hopefully they introduce someone with a dope realistic hammer (aka not a 2500kg thick one)

stfu Jeanne is the ultimate waifu

b-but the bash

Throw heavy -> feint ->parry the dodge heavy
Wow so hard. And don’t even bullshit me that she zones you (she doesn’t zone)

she will almost everytime dash attack if you feint your attack just like the orochi that isnt tozen
Naked Tozen with Kagebunshin no Jutsu soon

>one slice, one throat cut, done
>violent
Nigga no Cent is quick & efficient, not brutal/thuggish/violent.
You want messy, angry kills, not clean ones.

SCOTLAND

fuck you id rather literally kill myself than feint

Wow a bash that confirms a light if your oppoenet doesn’t dodge the light(they can dodge it) and feeds revenge in brawl and 4v4. Such a good move user, surely the ability to stop chains is good yes?
>here’s the fact. It isn’t
I’ll say again, fish for parries
Heavy parry? - impale to wall for heavy light (there’s always a wall)
Light parry? Ad mortem(it’s confirmed since it’s 900ms)

It's clipping.
You can see the bottom of his nose-plate- they just included some alpha space in the model between that and the beard which is overriding the mask and making it look like a cut-away.

Not like anyone can tell in-battle though.

console player I assume

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Doubt it. Console players (myself) just press B (feint) and it works just fine

Is there a link or anything to all the TYM armor? Alfalis don have

IT IS GROWING MORE POWERFUL

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM

>try to play berserker
>360 controller
>cannot change stance to left and right without slipping to top and ruining the chain
It fucking sucks man

twitch
(dot)
tv
(slash)
forhonorgame

Any opinions?

>ever feinting for roach/tozen
>not waiting 0.05s for him to initiate his next 'light' attack

I'm speaking out of my ass here, but since Lawbringer can bash after a block then wouldn't this mixup work:

>bash into nothing, GB their dodge
>bash into light if they dont dodge
Would it work?

Thanks for responding man