/osg/ /rs07g/ oldschool runescape general

Dog tricks edition

Latest update
ttp://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=161/pvm-qol-updates--wilderness-rejuvenation-improvements?oldschool=1

>Website
oldschool.runescape.com/oldschool_index

>Clan Chat

Drunk Nation
OSG
>Prices & money making
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

>Twitter
twitter.com/OldSchoolRS - twitter.com/JagexMatK - twitter.com/JagexAsh
twitter.com/JagexJohnC - twitter.com/JagexArchie - twitter.com/Jagex_Ghost
twitter.com/JagexWeath - twitter.com/JagexMaz - twitter.com/JagexKieren
twitter.com/JagexJed - twitter.com/JagexWest - twitter.com/JagexRoq
twitter.com/JagexWolf - twitter.com/JagexRy - twitter.com/JagexStone
twitter.com/JagexEd - twitter.com/JagexTomH - twitter.com/JagexSween
twitter.com/JagexAyiza - twitter.com/JagexCurse

>previous thread

can you provide the latest news you faggots

be nice frends :^)

120 tier 6s to go zzz

hamiltonfanxiss stinky :333

Browse through your selection of top-quality waifus in Cozyzone CC!!!!!!!

frens?

did someone just say frens???

Why is magic damage shit in pvp?
And why does every PvP magic weapon have to have high attack so it can be used?

it's not

Can you give a reason why?
Probably not.

It really depends if were looking at anything goes vs a specific scenario
basically with overhead prayers the threat of a magic attack's damage without the relevant protection prayer is still more than enough to warrant needing or defending against

Should I get back into the game or is it too late?

It is never too late unless you only want to do something that was only available at the start. Like rank 1 in skills

>Why is magic damage shit in pvp?
It's not (universally, anyway). Vs high def gear when using good magic attack bonus (think rsb) magic is actually the highest dps because it's consistently accurate. There's a reason why you generally tank in mixed mage/range def with mage pray and why team comps over 10-man frontload mages, although melee and the risk of clumping also has to do with it.
Similarly, go watch some focusing. While KOs tend to be melee/ranged, much of the overall damage is from barrage.

The only type of magic pures viable are staff of the dead pures, they are poor kids who do not skull but want to tb you, I also spec tab them onsight along with everyone else that's why none come into wild anymore lmfao

why do u have an alt for house lol

0-Runecrafting
1- Agility
2- Thieving
3- Crafting
4- Hunter
5- Mining
6- Smithing
7-Fishing
8- Cooking
9- Firemaking
0- Woodcutting

because it just isn't? magic is very good dps in pvp

What should I be doing right now?
I always feel overwhelmed with things to do and never know where to start.

don't fancy risking perma botting con on that acc

>How come?
>BECAUSE

holy shit dude are you on the harvard debate team wtf

get bgloves, you'll want them eventually and it's a concrete goal with easy to organize discrete subgoals

can someone edit in Torv's gear

Please refrain from posting pictures of my wife without my permission.

So jagex doesn't ban their paying customers for botting?
Lel you really are a high test tranny.

botting noob

You just need a reasonable sized bank to get away with botting

Absolutely disgusting. Jagex should be ashamed

Is pking really about changing equipment unless you're a pure?
Because being one combat style you always get rekt if you're up against someone with the counter to you. Is proper combat about changing equipment? There has to be a complexity to this other than eating food and right-clicking. Can some pk guy tell me?
Since I can't find a clan to pk with, I'm doing it alone.

>how come the sky is green?
>uh it's not
>YEAH NICE COUNTER ARGUMENT RETARD

Basically you can find whatever type of fight you want in different places
there is a huge culture of "honorable" 1v1 fights
in those fights you typically only use magic for vengence (although sotd/fire surge accounts have shown up recently)
People do things like takeoff gear for vengence, one tick switches from melee to range (or vice versa) since they both have good accuracy def and ko potential
People do things like all three styles with over head prayers. Its pretty popular to use magic and melee only and no overhead prayers, using ranged armor to give you the option to deflect magic.

In the deeper wilderness and team v team scenarios its anything goes all the time.

Yeah, pretty much. Pures aside, even clanning is about that to a large degree, even if you're only switching crossbow/godsword and prayers. The interesting sorts of main 1v1s are exactly that; switching gear/prayers to respond to the other guy's switches. Because of that, you get an environment where anticipating and mindgaming matter more than rng (to a certain extent, of course), and it's why rs hybrid pvp has some conceptual similarities to fighting game stuff.
If you're just starting out, do something like f2p edge for a while just to get used to a little bit of switching at the right times. Getting into actual hybriding is harder and and a bit of a fraught issue, but you can use the tournament worlds that are here until the end of the month to practice without risk.

false equivalence and actually that isn't a very good argument for why it is blue

you've presented a point that magic is low damage in PVP without providing any numbers

Can I realistically go for vorkath or zulrah as a money maker at these trash stats? If so will I need to grind out void or will blessed d'hide/barrows do?

>you
that wasn't me I'm just calling you out on your bullshit

you made a bad argument as a retort

dhide and ahrims is better anyways
you should get void out of the way when you get the highest combat boat though you'll want it all eventually for raids and vorkath

dhides are better than void if you dont reduce their defences

well yeah why would I put any effort into some retard spouting garbage

Anyone wanna do some BA in like 2 hours? All my BA friends are trialing for bas so i don't have anyone to play with

twitch tv/afriendrs

When did Dovydas start streaming

when jewtube dollars started drying up

>all these edgy Ice Poseidon fags donating money so they can say nigger

I hate reddit so much

I didn't really want it that bad but it's cool I guess.

Nice!
As in nice fucking helm and karils, champ!

Hey buddy give me your username and tell that to my face huh?!!?!?

Are you on world 27? I will show up and allow you to observe my setup

shit pet, kys

I wish people traded me 10m for no reason.

what have you guys achieved today?

gz cakey wakey you fucking nerd

I don't got no money for ancestral hat buddy boy. I'm just trying make a few mil and then I'm gonna go champ zone melee until I'm satisfied and welfare some raids.

You should not use a serp at zulrah. Even taking it off and not bringing a replacement would be better.

more than you in your entire life, you dumb nigger

new char starting with nothing, all alts have RS3 items but cant bond from rs3.

mith armor pls

>cant bond from rs3
yes you can, buy a bond on rs3, use it on your acc, and it'll apply to both osrs and rs3.

ment i got nothing worth selling to get a bond from rs3

First things first. Once you do get membership, pick a female character and mainly focus on training farming.

swap gold to rs3 and buy bonds there, its cheaper.

i am poor i have no options but to bug for mith armor
proof: me trying to get blue wiz robes to grind hill giants with fire strike

jesus fucking christ it literally says not for charity and people are just giving him metric fucktons of cash.

kill me

jesus fuck thats an ugly avatar.
atleast its not bob....right?

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could teach a dog to stop barking

Has anyone ever paid for a fire cape and get b&?

uh you can, just hit them and they will learn eventually

no lol

a friend has finally sold out. hes going to real world trade it all and disappear from runescape forever. jew

real money > pixels

drems come true even for the ugliest of scapians

People buy infernal capes nowadays and don't get banned, fire capes are like 5 bucks and some smaller streamers will legit just do jad for free if you get them to him

lemme see evidence

I jokingly asked for 1m in the GE once and someone gave 1m

it was cool

do I just need 75 ranging to be able to kill jad?

Does anyone actually enjoy farming? It's enjoyable to get herbs because it means money, but the actual gameplay of farming is boring as fuck.

I like farm runs as long as I don't force myself to do them

>the state of oldschool runescape general

Player population is growing

freak

Enjoy your ban

You don’t just stand next to the crops until they grow. You do other stuff between runs.

Should I get void before going into NMZ to train ranged? Currently 79 range and I can borrow my friends blow pipe for it

mod was so impressed he didnt ban me

Just went from 3m - 75m staking and have shit-tier gear.

What do I buy?

whatever you need to do stuff you want

post the gear you already have

I run with barebones shit, still using d boots/legs and a torso. my range is blessed and my mage was mystics.

I planned on just grinding vorkath with void for money until I could afford max gear, but then I got lucky with this streak.

Buy tassets, ahrims, toxic staff and blowpipe and charge those, SGS. All those are great. 75m should be enough.

115 more tier 6s to go zzz

is blue dragons at taverly dungeon a good money maker if i have the 70 agility shortcut?

no

do you thing jagex would turn a blind eye to someone like sparc mac if he rwted?

meh not really

blast furnace is better

ofc they only gave emily a 2 week ban for rwt, when everyone else gets perma

Hit up my girl Wonder GP on sythe if you are low on gold bro. She used to do 0.19/m back in the day. A lil cutie to boot too.

Pretty sure she also scammed Alfie of a couple hundred mil or some shit too.

Jagex's favourite streamers are invulnerable on this game.

can someone lend me their abby dagger

yeah pm me my ign is Grand Exchange

He should prioritize torture over tassets and then just use veracs or obsidian for legs