/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics and more!

/sthg/ #1219 - buenos dias Blaze Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

I fucking hate you all.

I hope Sonadow is in the IDW comics!

I fucking hate you all.

Everything is canon!

I hate me too

WHICH ONE IS THE REAL BREADNIC???

You should get some rest, /sthg/. You're awfully cranky tonight.

More Sonic Reborn sketches, showing the characters using their unique abilities.

Sonic is really fast!

Don't be sad, Amy. I like you.

Reminder that I want to be in contact with this man by the end of tomorrow. Holy shit that spline system.

Uhhh well technically EVERY Sonic character was an OC

The Dark Adventures of Sliver and Blaze?

I want to kiss Amy!!!

I wish that the comics started off simple though.

>junior year highschool
>give gf VMU to do shit for chao while she's in study hall
>all goes well, little fucker gets super OP and has the badass spikes and is transparent ghost chao fuck yeah
>leave VMU with her during funeral, as she has her own chao+VMU so I know she knows whats up
>puts VMU in her backpack and goes home
>gets into a fight with her drunk-ass mom
>her mom picks up her backpack and smashes that shit into the wall for some fucking reason
>the VMU, all my saves, and my badass transparent spiky head chao are gone forever
>this was in 2012

I'M STILL FUCKING UPSET

Blah blah blah, reee about OCs, Sonic comics, shitposts for 700+ posts, etc.

Let's have a discussion on Sonic, /sthg/: What was the first piece of media you've ever seen of the franchise? Game, comic, cartoon, commercial, etc.

We heard you the first time, Slashy.

IDW comics > Archie comics
Prove me wrong.
Protip: You can't.

sonic's entire existence is pointless now
him being fast was only to showcase the power of the sega genesis, which he excelled at. but after that, everything has mostly been a massive failure

sonic has overstayed his welcome
he needs to be put down

>meme faces

this user is right you know

Have fun with your dead comic, Archiefag.

That's Hesse for ya!

Don't use other anons posts to start this tired nonsense.

One thing I'm always a fan of in Sonic comics is how smug Sonic can look sometimes. I really, really wanna see more of this in IDW.

I like watching Zero Punctuation too.

Are these intestinal worms?

Tell me one good thing about your least favorite Sonic character and one bad thing about your most favorite.

yes though she seems kind of happy about them

oh no

>Infinite was a great parody of shitty OCs
>Sonic was upstaged by Sega's shitty OCs for years

Fucking destroyed more than Metal in the OVA

>Good thing about my least favorite
He's got a cool theme song. It's kinda gay like him but whatever.

>Bad thing about my favorite
Guns are stupid. So are motorcycles.

>He's got a cool theme song. It's kinda gay like him but whatever.
Tails?

oh shit, they're out? how are they? no meme replies please

no clue what that is, but please try to stay on subject, thanks

I guess it could go for him too, but no. Silver.

Not yet.

Sticks has a really cute design.
Sonic is getting lamer with every game.

Tails' and Cream's body proportions shouldn't allow them to do this.

is he right, /sthg/?

Blaze played decently enough as an alternate version of Sonic in the Rush games.
Omega's new voice is inferior to his old one. He was also pretty shit in Forces outside of trying to shoot infinite at the end.

Yes.

No, we all know who will.

I hope so but I'm pretty sure Shadow is going to win. Maybe Omega will get the next one

>Discord
You have to go back

>/sthg/ discord
*barf*
Get your christmas gifts from someone else.

Are you hating on Sonic fan artists again?

And this is somehow better?
Opposite

>one good thing about your least favorite Sonic character
Chris getting smacked around was pretty enjoyable. Seriously tho, he was alright for some of Season 1 in X.

>bad thing about your most favorite.
Eggman was a complete fucking disappointment in Forces.

Out of all the things that annoyed me about that game, the lack of effort they put in showing the world controlled by Eggman did me in the most.

No grandiose, no big speech, no cutscenes showing him enjoying himself as ruler of the planet, nowhere near enough areas actually looking like they've changed with him in charge (City Heights looking the exact same pre & post-Eggman conquest being an example) & them showing Eggman taking over the world being nothing more than fucking white text on a black screen. He didn't even have a scene where he mocked Sonic for failing to stop him, or anything.

I've defended Forces in this general before & I still wouldn't rank it anywhere near the bottom of all time worst Sonic games, but god damn it if it isn't a disappointment. The one plot they haven't beaten to death, the one plot that was actually fresh & they blew it. The one gameplay style Sonic Team likely thought they could rely on for decent reviews & they fucked it up. The one game gimmick outside of bringing back Sonic friends as playable characters they haven't done yet & it was just okay.

Just disappointing all around.

Like the general discord is a new thing.

Nope, it just looks off to see a grown man fly with Tails that size.

Tail's proportions in Sonic X are better Slashy. Stop being so unintelligent.

Prove it.

what the fuck happened to eggman land

They couldn't possibly have a returning stage from a game that wasn't Sonic 1 or Sonic 2

>He didn't even have a scene where he mocked Sonic for failing to stop him
It should've been him in that scene on the Death Egg and then he should have sent Zavok at Sonic to initiate that fight.

Apparently after beating Sonic, taking over the world & having most of the planet under his control with his own fucking army, Eggman couldn't be assed to actually make the one thing he wanted to make after taking over the world. Just like how Sonic Team couldn't be bothered to not sonic rush their big title because they spent 3 years on a lighting engine.

I tend to not get mad or rant over Sonic related shit (as that's pretty autistic) but damn, the more I think about Forces missed opportunities, the more annoyed I get with how the game turned out. It could & should have been so much better.

You're a real comedian, user.

Death Egg had S&K elements to it.

Sticks' design is cute as all hell.

Honey is "non-canon", I have to rely on dead comics for her characterization, and her design by nature is very oddball for a Sonic character.

oops I meant they couldn't possibly have a returning stage from a Modern Sonic game

Did you make sure to fill out your pre-order form guys? Don't forget to have your parent's permission!

ñ

I want some of those variant covers, tbqh. The issue 2 & 4 ones look pretty damn sweet.

Tails in Sonic X is smaller. Proportionally, his Tails are rather large compared to his body, ultimately, he has an overall much lower mass than Tails in Sonic Reborn. I find it more believable that a Tails with a smaller mass would be able to easily sustain flight compared to the greater mass of Reborn Tails. Similarly, the size of the rotor blades on helicopters is preferably large compared to the helicopter itself. Due to this, the Sonic X Tails is more likely to sustain flight as his tails are large compared to his body, especially when compared to the size of Reborn Tails' tails and his body size.

I know nothing about Unity, just curiousity, what will happens if you try do this instead the other user?

To Tailsey user

credits for ColourAnon from /trash for having coloured it

I would subscribe if there was a comic book store within driving distance of me.

I'm not experienced with making spline-based components. I'd just end up making an inferior version.

We'll just make the tails bigger then.

>No commentary on the echidna that can glide

How to beat anxiety?

You don't have to do something just to appease shitposters.

Neither Sonic nor his fans are well known for their attention to logic.

A good run always solves my problems!
No time to worry, Let's go BUDDY!

destroy the iblis trigger

Tails is a shit character that only slows Sonic down. In fact, most characters are just that. Extra weight to an overall simple story and concept. It would be nice if Sonic Team just told everything else to go fuck itself and stuck to basics with Sonic VS Eggman. Maybe even Sonic use quick speed and disguise under enemy territory. Using brief parkour to evade gunfire and get to another part of the level. Or the boost mechanic happening only when it's absolutely needed. Like if Eggman were to create a giant death beam coming towards Sonic at full speed. The sound of it blasting as it got closer and the image of it shredding apart everything in its path. While at the same time using 3D platforming, climbing, tunneling, and launching into the air. With the core of the game being a race against time.

Alright

DO
NOT
BULLY
SONIC

Knuckles glides due to his dreadlocks trapping air during his descent. It functions similar to a hang glider or a paper plane. This is the canon explanation.

this

start bullying others until they respect you and you will no longer feel anxious about your situation

best character

Throw it all away

Distract yourself with something you like to do.
Meditate

Honestly not a bad idea, this user gets it.

Is it possible to S rank a boost stage (any game) without boosting?

OH DARK THE DARKNESS THAT DOZES IN THE DUSK

THROW IT ALL AWAY~!

NO ONE CAN BREAK YOU, NOBODY CAN TEAR YOU
YOU LIVE AN ENDLESS LIFE FOREVER

OH DARK THE DARKNESS THAT DOZES IN THE DARK

THROW IT..ALL AWAYY!

Not sure, make a video on JewTube about it.

Sumo Digital's Sonic Racing 3 (only Sonic)

What do you hope to see in the game?
What do you fear will be in the game?

>Sonic movie set to release November 15th 2019
>Sonic 06 was released on November 14th 2006

Keep in mind this is 13 years apart, 13 being considered unlucky, and only one day off.

Why didn't Sonic just break the capsule when it landed on the ground in the beginning of Sonic Lost World?

>What do you hope to see in the game?
Old forgotten characters like Fang returning and music like Sonic R
>What do you fear will be in the game?
Dumbed down gameplay compared to Racing Transformed

Don't destroy my last hope for the franchise you fucking piece of shit.

I like this big red guy desu

he's an oldfag
like a really oldfag
But yeah he seems to know what he's saying.

You must be new to this franchise. "Hope" doesn't exist in this realm, newfriend.

>What do you hope to see in the game?
Tons of stages from sonics past, remixes by Richard Jacques, Playable Blaz, Sticks, Fang, etc

>What do you fear will be in the game?
a bunch of forces stages because they have to reuse the assets, the 6 koopalings from lost world take up 6 spots, seeing green hill and chemical plant zone again

IBLIS WILL DESTROY US ALL! IBLIS WILL DESTROY US ALL! IBLIS WILL DESTROY US ALL! IBLIS WILL DESTROY US ALL! IBLIS WILL DEST--

shut up, 3rd hog

Fitting post, given the OP.

What if Richard Horvitz voiced Infinite?