/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

I'M STILL SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF THESE JAPS DYING TO NERGIGANTE

How are those crown hunts going, user?

I had someone who didn't know how to get rid of bleed. He tried antidoting and everything before warping back to camp

Who the FUCK is PARD????

Post em

qt:3c

Getting to rank 100 is fucking exhausting.

>five fingers

I was that guy except I ran around until it killed me

>Gunlace turned to shit because
user
Anon
I'm regret to inform you, but gunlance was never "good"

What's the point? Just a shiny sticker on your guild card?

>"""""support""""" build

Terrible. Not even at 10 of either yet, and I'm pretty sure I flopped a giant vaal and nergigante crown.

Wasn't expecting that, good show.

partner

Oh the monsters actually change sizes this game?

Someone last thread said the exploit of jewel duping is still possible
is it?

Yeah I was wondering this, is Pard the idiot who gets knocked out?

hunt more and pay attention to your size compared to the monsters. They absolutely change size

>x2 lifesteal aug royal burst gunlance with Vaal hazak set bonus and peak performance

Is this the pinnacle of meme builds?

>he doesn't have a squad session to join to run tempered elders in 5 minutes

kek

I want to sniff, lick and worship the Handler's feets while I fiddle with her clitoris and fondle her puffy breasts!

What mods are good for Odogaron LBG?
I like the fact that Reload Speed and Recoil Down are now basically free, but I hate the fact that you can't have both at the same time in any significant way.

Pretty sure this one also has five fingers.

>hit HR 100 before I reached 500 large monster hunts

Is this normal?

Does non elemental boost work on blast/sleep/para/poison weapons? Since they don't actually deal elemental damage.

rapid fire is unaffected by recoil as usual, go 2x reload assist 1x close range up

In the past games they didn't, so I must have just been ignoring it because of that.

Please take care of the monster eggs!

is the xeno bow any good?

I do but a lot of times they don't have elder investigations.

I usually join random lobbys but those niggers do normal investigations instead of tempered ones.

Artist?

I'm gonna make them into a breakfast burrito!

>black diablos
>sub-species
WOW when did this game get so racist

>In the past games they didn't
i hope this is bait.

>In the past games they didn't

user...

use the PS4's Trim function first so you don't have to wait 30 minutes for the clip to copy to USB, then use ffmpeg or something to convert to vp8 webm.

I literally just tried a hunt where a jap joined towards the end, he ran in, died. Respawned, ran in, died. Respawned, and ran in and died all within maybe MAYBE three minutes. I hate this fucking game sometimes

>people using their bit finisher moves when the monster is still hopping around like mad
>eaither miss or get hit out of it
Why the fuck can't these people wait for the knock down?

>"Hey guys I'm playing HH, I'll keep your buffs up ;)"
>Runs around across the zone from the monster playing def up (S), health recovery (xs), and negate environmental damage for whatever reason
>Runs like a bitch every time the monster aggroes him, and oh yeah, the other three hunters need to go chase it across a zone now

Are ranged players lower skill/IQ?

It is a Japanese game

A question out of curiosity, if I were to delete the game and then reinstall it, would I lose my save data?

no

Since 2006

Could have sworn I read somewhere they were just arbitrary numbers at the end and didn't really change the sizes.

No. Save data is never deleted unless you delete it.

PS+ can manage save games via cloud storage

user, what programs did you use to cut up the footage and convert to webm?

>not running a wide-range speed eating mushroomancer with affinity booster

>complete all assigned quests
>complete all optional quests
>complete all arena quests
>see people doing 9-star quests that I've never seen before

How do I unlock these quests?

What if I don't have PS+?

ffmpeg, done entirely from the command line

then is it possible to just delete the game, reinstall it, and not update it?

higher iq

t. gunner

thanks bud

What's a good HBG to build and what is a good armor set to build towards?

Legiana and Xeno Set

Use a flash drive.

>yfw King Gajalaka

I refuse to believe attack jewels can actually drop
I have yet to see anyone show proof they got one from a tempered quest, only from melding

So is Jagras Hacker the best GS only due to having 3 Augment slots and 2x L3 Jewel Slots?

The Great Wyvern Jawblade has 48 more Raw to begin with, one L3 slot and 1 Augment slot with +20 Def on top, meaning if you'd use your augments on Def, it would still count as a 3-augment weapon, kinda, maybe.
But with 20Def and 48 more Raw, wouldn't it be better than 2 more Augment slots and one L3 jewel slot if you're just going for damage anyway?
Sure that one L3 slot might become useful but the damage augments afaik are rather weak upgrades to the damage (correct me if I'm wrong here).

I just want a good actual greatsword and not a fucking horrible abomination Jagraxe ;_;

research or HR, usually

Save files are tied to updates. A game won't let a game load an updated save from a new version.

Is the entire step back animation of the foresight slash the active "parry" frames?

Is the Diablos bow fine if I'm not a TA autist? I just want a ranged weapon to use when I'm bored of melee.

>double diablos arena
>pick lance, go guard in a corner and occasionally hit triangle

HH player back from Vaal, not as bad as Teostra or Kushala. If you had imminity to the gas She'd be ezpz. Fun overall though.

>So is Jagras Hacker the best GS only due to having 3 Augment slots and 2x L3 Jewel Slots?

Yes, it marginally works out better than Vaal.

The difference in damage will not be noticeable unless you're trying to get world record speed kills. It's literally damage in the tens you're stressing over.

>Do a filtered lobby search
>Oh that room looks promising
>Try to join
>Error 50382-MW1
>Ok.jpg
>Try another five
>ERROR
>Jeez ok
>Refresh
>Try a random room
>Error
What the shit man, I just wanna join a lobby but it doesn't let me.
Are the servers just shit or what?

I'm not, though. I main GS and don't know a fucking thing about the ranged weapons.

>attacking at all
>not just holding guard and fapping to huntresses with the other hand

You're obviously looking for tempered rooms, you need to insta join those the moment they pop up or they'll be filled before your request completes.

Thanks m8, I'll give that a try.

That means the room has already been filled.

I got 2 from the wyvern ritual

I just want a goddamn pure raw GS. Fucking hell I had every single GS maxed in gen, what was it 110+ swords? I had some retarded builds that were fun as fuck, only facilitated by the subtle variations of all the different swords. Now I've got what, a dozen? Sad.

>mfw I found out you can break the dam with wyvernfire
Almost wish I still needed Rath shit just so I could go flush him again.

HH player about to do Xeno, how doable is his massive hp bar?

Don't post that picture, it gives me the willies.

if you have physical, that's entirely possible. you won't be able to play on your current save file though.

Literally impossible just give up

>reach double tempered bazel quest

Do this, more than any other part of the game, is the "STOP RIGHT FUCKING NOW AND GEAR UP YOU FUCKING SCRUB" part, isn't it?

I kept feeling like I was at that part, like Anjanath was supposed to be that, then Pink Rathian, then Nergigante, etc. But not really, because with the exception of Nigel all those monsters are completely doable whatever your shitty armor build is like.

This shit though, this is the roadblock I need to fucking prepare for. Time to get to work on that fucking clownsuit, I guess.

I still blame the trailer calling it a support weapon. Now every fucking person and their mother thinks they are helping by just standing in a corner and horning it.

>Just got 5th Heroics Jewel from Vaal
The time has come, to meld these fucking things ayyy

>twice in a row my teammates quad cart to Xeno
what the FUCK

Jfc, is there anyway to faster up tracking those tracks and speed up the investigations?

That doesn't SEEM quite right. I've got like 1k hour in MH total, I know giving up isn't an option.

The game keeps going until you reach HR 100. So GL.

whats the cat armor name on xx?

Bring dung or a farcaster to grab stones at camp. Xeno is way faster if you blitz his first phase by dunking him with all 4 breakable crystals on the ceiling.

Bazel isn't hard.
Double monster quests make monsters have less health.
Bazel will attack Bazel.
Honestly a single tempered Bazel would be a harder quest.

>HH
Your country and your fellow men thanks you for your services but just don't. Pick up another weapon.

I got one legit, somewhere. I don't know where, and seeing as they seem scarce as fuck, I wish I was paying more attention. I say this as I haven't melded anything yet except a couple of gems with gold tickets.