/xgg/ - Xenogames General #112

Unforgettable Edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/hbD8EEKQ

>OP (For new threads)
pastebin.com/pEC894BK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any Xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rmnZ0R8quWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=rmnZ0R8quWM

brighid's unknown tornan driver, and possibly amalthus/cole

sub or dub?

is there some single resource I can read that lists all the best chips/aux cores/accessories and shit and who they're good on (and where to get them)?
after 100+ hours I still can't wrap my head around all this shit

Pyra/Mythra for smash when?.

Big crit = Ken chip
Big block songs about not getting fucked = ophion chest
Big bad original look = megalizord chip
Everything else is meh. Besides gold chips for drop rate.

with the next smash duh

I rolled dub.

>inb4 another massive argument over shit that doesn't matter

why

Smash 5, with Rex.

>shit that doesn't matter

>another modeswitch swordsman
zzz. too bad it's already confirmed because sakurai likes XB2 and is too controlling to ever let anyone else touch Smash

Where the fuck is the key to open the door on the top of the Argentum Trade Guild? I've done every quest there I could and have explored every corner for all possible chests and still haven't gotten the key. Where the fuck is it?

Whys she so perfect bros

It would be fine if they just removed some of the Fire Emblem swordsmen.

fuck off forced meme, even Monolith hated that shit

>I don't like it so it's forced

So we all agree Nia was sold to be a slave right?

Both

It's shitty but it's not actually forced

>forced meme

learn what that means please

What was the deal with the scene with that mecha aion before Pneuma came out? Why was that part of their existence?

Aion simply embodied Pyra and Mythra's greatest fear that their ultimate purpose was to destroy the world. For reasons never explained, Klaus decided that Pneuma needed to have access to an Artifice that had the power to destroy the world.

The whole reason they wanted to go to Elysium was to find out if they have another purpose in the world besides destruction. If they do not, then they would ask Klaus to erase their existence so they won't have to hurt anyone else.

They actually never told Rex what Aion can do during that scene, but I think Rex can figure it out himself. That's why he asked them if they love this world, since he knows they should have nothing to fear if they love it because they could never do such a thing.

Maybe a domestic house maid like slave.
Nothing lewd though.
Although it seems more likely she was purchased as a slave due to having good healing abilities so her 'dad' could use her to heal his daughter.

Wait, so, that transformation's power is the conduits power, but mythra's power is also from the conduit. What can she do that mythra can't?

Both of their powers come from the Conduit, but how they use that power is different. That fusion's power can apparently make what they imagine real. Think of it as rewriting reality. It wasn't explained well and the only thing you can do in game with it is switch between element combos.

>how they use that power is different
I don't fully get it. Can you explain?

Banana xD

I just got her and how do you even use her?
Don't you have to have the party all in a single element to take advantage of her buff?
But then aren't you screwing yourself over with orb building?
Also aren't you screwed if the weakness changes?

I'm assuming you have finished the game.

Think of it like this. Pyra's powers come from Mythra, but apparently her powers are affected by Ether. So we can conclude Pyra doesn't really draw power from the Conduit or her powers are so weak she needs ether to supplement.

Mythra draws from the Conduit, we know this since Obrona's powers don't affect her. But I'm pretty sure Mythra draws from the Conduit more akin to her drawing power from a battery since it's implied that what the Conduit was originally thought of as given it was powering Elysium and all the Artifices and Sirens in space.

The fusion's powers bypass all of these. That form lets them tap into the true purpose of the Conduit, as a gateway into other universes. They can use the power leaking into this universe from others because of the Conduit, and it's from there she gets the power that lets her rewrite reality.

There's something I forgot to add.
Klaus implied that he never intended for them to have the fusion's power. It wasn't an original form or anything since she doesn't have a name, and all blades are hardwired to know their names. It wasn't a person. But something about the bond between Rex and the two of them reawoken the Conduit that lets them tap into it.

It would make sense for the Conduit to be first conceived as a power source since it was what was powering Elysium and all the artifices. They also implied Aion's powers come from the Conduit as well in that flashback. Klaus mentioned that the war that ravaged the old universe was a war over resources, so it would make sense that the war started because the people in Elysium refused to share the Conduit if it was an inexhaustible power source.

Klaus, however, was the only person to see what the Conduit is. A gate into other universes. So he did the experiment that crashed Earth with no survivors. But it's interesting to note that he mentioned at the Conduit fell asleep after he destroyed the world. However, even if it's asleep, it can still supply power given that Elysium didn't collapse and Sirens still work. Mythra can still use her power in the Aegis War, where it was definitely not awake.

So when Klaus turned Logos and Pneuma into Core Crystals, he made Pneuma's powers originate from the Conduit. But he couldn't make her powers originate from it's true purpose since he couldn't reawaken it.

Klaus did say that the Conduit reawoken at some point during Rex's journey, and that was probably at the very end of chapter 7. But he said it was because he reforged their bonds in a way not thought possible. So Rex getting that power was beyond Klaus's calculations. That form and the power she uses was never meant to be. She was never the original Aegis or whatever.

Would you prefer for the challenge mode to be a hard mode for the base game or something like arena fights?

Technically a background-transposed character similar to Pokemon Trainer, with Rex doing all the fighting, and all she does in there is change form depending on the situation. Of course, she might usually pop out in the battlefield executing the Nexus Blade Final Smash, and returning to the background as Pneuma for a short time before returning to the last form used.

This was also really confusing to me. Are the only elemental attacks specials from a Blade of that element?

Rex is gonna spend the rest of his life with those literal goddess.
Lucky bastard.

Finally fucking beat Armored Fuckhead.
Jesus he was annoying.
Now all that's left is Monkey Trouble 2, General Grievous, BigDino, Relentless MooCow, and Spartacus, then I'll have nothing left to accomplish and I'll be forced to continue the story! Yay!
And I'll still probably not have the last four Rare Blades I'm missing

He COULD have been with the lifeh4x healing girl who could probably have slowed is aging, as well as kept his cock erect indefinitely during sex.

In my mind he's with all three of them now.

What did Pyra say to Rex in the end? Mythra would have said it if I picked her, right?

It seems to be "Tadaima" in the Japanese version. It's probably "I'm home" in the English one.
It would make sense since the last thing Pyra said to him was that Rex will be fine all alone now.

Interestingly enough, this was the only scene in the entire game where the lip movements were different across the versions.

Yes, if you had chosen Mythra, she would have been the one that says what Pyra says.

is Mythra's lip movement the same as Pyra's?

So why doesn't Rex look happy? He finally got Pyra back after losing her but his expression feels weird.

He realized he was in a shitty story ending.

I think he was supposed to be overwhelmed with emotion.

>implying he cares for such mortal desires

I'm pretty sure it is. There's no reason they would be different.

I don't think it's that Rex looks unhappy. I think it's just that he finally realized he can't run away from his feelings anymore. On the bridge, Zeke got it out of him he fell in love with her, and Rex didn't deny it. Everyone was just waiting for Rex to approach her. Whatever she said probably implies she returns his feelings as well.

>she returns his feelings as well.
As if its something new to anyone and he/we didn't know it from the fucking beginning.
She just says she's back.

Do rare blade heart-to-hearts have different dialog depending on who the driver is?

I honestly don't get why they put Mythra as a choice at all. She and rex never felt as though they had that kind of relationship.

Could you please not start this again.

Because it's just the green one's name. I mean it could've been Pythra and everything would play out exactly the same.

I don't think it's unreasonable to add a choice given that the Aegis is two girls after all. The player can decide who Rex fell in love with. But yeah, picking Mythra doesn't really fit the tone of the story.

I honestly have bigger problems that it got slotted in at a really weird point in the story, and it was left annoyingly vague. I know quite a few people that picked Mythra simply because it was her standing in front of Rex during that scene, not really knowing what this was about. I understand it was meant to encourage you to think which one was the more important person to Rex but it could be done better.

They only got suspicious when they realized they can't change it, and when the ending rolled by they realized they screwed over Pyra by accident.

They really could have done a better job with what we got. Mythra being there when she never felt like a love interest probably added to the confusion.

>The player can decide who Rex fell in love with.
But why do you think this? The entire rest of the story builds up the romance between Rex and Pyra. The only thing the choice affects is what you call their combined form, and who says "I'm home" in the ending.

The ending still doesn't feel satisfying or conclusive. He doesn't hug her or anything and he's just walking towards her. We don't know anything about what's going to become of them in the future.

I think it does feel conclusive. Conceptually I'm okay with it, but yeah, I wanted something more visceral. Is a kiss really too much to ask for?

The ending feels fine to me. I don't think being inconclusive is really a problem here because of the title of the chapter.
>And thus, Boy met Girl
Rex knows his feelings for her now even though he's had his head up his own ass for 99% of the game until Zeke forced it out of him.

This is really just the start of his love story with her. How he and her life goes on from this point on is probably just up to what you imagine. I don't really need a hug or a kiss just because of the chapter title. This is just the beginning of another story.

>and who says "I'm home" in the ending.
This is the main problem.

I still think blade human relationships might not work out in the long term future. Strange they never talk about it like Shulk and Fiora did. Would Rex or Pyra really want that?

It's part of a different quest
Talk to a guy in Mor Ardain, sneak him into Uraya, examine some walls

But why? That's not a confession of love.

Honestly, I think I agree with you here. Let's assume Rex picked Pyra, it's quite annoying something like this wasn't gone into further besides Corrine's comment
>well, Blades and Drivers fuck each other all the time!

But really, this maybe less important given the bond they share. If Pyra's time in the world is unlimited, then she should try to treasure the limited time she has with the people she cares about. If she fell in love with Rex, then Pyra too needs to accept the fact she will outlive him and say goodbye. That's what the whole conversation between them and that they won't try to extend their lives was about.

Jin lost sight of this bond between drivers and blades, and this was what drove him to do what he did. Rex helped him find it again with the passing down a legacy business. Rex has a dream too. He doesn't want this new Elysium to be ruined by humans again. After Rex passes on, she can carry on that legacy for him.

And remember, Mythra will be beside her this time. Not as a person stuck in her head, but as a real tangible sibling.

Isn't it fine to just live in the moment? To have lived and loved rather than to have never loved at all?

Fun fact. The voice of Bridgette is also the voice of Boreas and Finch in the Eng dub.

She doesnt say that.

Because he has a mental illness and genuinely believes his headcanon is a fact.

Can we come up with a timeline for Elysium? My interpretation (please fill in the holes) is:

-Elysium was a space station paradise above Earth and actually housed many humans.
-Klaus event happens, and universe is created. Elysium makes the jump to the new universe, but humans living there died.
-Klaus creates new life, which would eventually grow into titans
-Many years pass for titans and new humans to civilize. (Hundreds? Thousands? Millions?)
-Mythra is summoned via Addam.
-Mythra destroys titans. She then creates Pyra and goes to sleep.
-500 years later, Rex awakens Pyra and Mythra
-Elysium is old and in ruins

My question now is how did Pyra and Mythra ever see Elysium in the state it once was? They are only 500 years old, and if the universe is actually thousands of years old, Elysium would already be long gone by the time she was born. Mythra is awakened on a titan not the world tree, so she never physically went to Elysium during the Addam arc. Did Klaus implant the vision in her mind? If so how come she doesn't have any data on Klaus being Klaus himself? Did she collect data from someone?

She said she's never been to Elysium. Klaus just programmed something into her when she turned into a core crystal. Pyra did say she remember things she don't think she should.

I see now. It's all so clear to me.

nobody cares

>mental illness
>it's so clear to me
Finch?

The name Rex uses during scenes, and the ending where she talks to Rex.
Was there anything else the name changed, such as dialogue or scenes?

I figured it was some sort of memory from when she was a part of the trinity processor.

Probably because her actress is one of the few in the cast who has any prior voice acting experience at all.

There actually is, her stance during cutscenes actually changes slightly depending on the name you picked. Not really sure why.

But she definitely feels a bit more Pyra or Mythra depending on who you picked back there.

>Not really sure why.

No, she was still a computer back then. She shouldn't have any memories. The Trinity Processor was responsible for the Conduit, but probably not Elysium.

Really? Are there examples?

This is her if you picked Pyra.

And this is her if you picked Mythra. Make what of it as you will. I'm a bit confused by this as well.
Nothing in the dialogue changes as far as I know.

Alvis was a computer too, and was not only able to remember what happened to create XB1's universe, but also show it to Shulk.

So it wasn't just a name. Looks like someone in this thread was just btfo'd.

Nia is super cute

You need to remember that Alvis fucked off before Klaus turned him into a Core Crystal, it's likely he had much more powers than Pneuma or Logos.

What would sex with Homura be like?

canon

Like making the same post over and over again.

I want to slap that teacup out of her hand.

Would you let her cook for you?

How do you create an alter ego that has skills that you don't have?

Maybe Pyra simply learnt to cook herself while Mythra never had the patience?

Why does nearly everyone in these threads call them the dub names? Did you all play the dub?

Considering that most of the people in this thread seem to be speaking English, I'd imagine that yes, they either used the dub or the English subtitles with Japanese voices.

Of course, it's like 25% of the fun for me.

These are their official English names which are used pretty much everywhere. There is like one or two anons who knows spoken Japanese in this thread anyway.

Do you watch dubbed anime too?

If you use the Jap names, all the dubfags meme at you. Just keeping the peace. But no, I do prefer to consume my media in its original language. Especially when the alternative is something as meme-tier as a eurotrash dub.

Why the fuck you assume that we played with the dub you fagget?

this.