Is Veeky Forums even moderated anymore? Half the threads on this board are quasi /pol/ bait threads in disguise

Is Veeky Forums even moderated anymore? Half the threads on this board are quasi /pol/ bait threads in disguise.

The janny used to be super aggressive, he seems to have given up, you'd think after this recent hiring of jannies we'd get a new batch overzealously trying to clean up the board, but they're not here (yet). Idk

>hitler did literally nothing wrong
versus
>fascism is better than communism here is why, communism sucks by the way
i bet you'd ban the second poster you filthy commie

Veeky Forums hasn't been moderated for ages. Once every so often I make ridiculously off-topic and offensive threads just to test the waters, and I only got a 1 day ban in the last few months.

This

I made a thread about how America of today will be viewed in the future and captain hot pockets deleted.

Pretty disappointing I thought it was a good idea for s thread

That sounds a lot better than the OVER 9000 threads with pathetic /pol/ b8 they leave up instead.

FIRE CAPTAIN HOT POCKETS

GIVE US NEW MODS

I'd ban both because fuck your soapbox

The userbase keeps encouraging them so it's hard for mods to follow

The problem with Veeky Forums has always been and ALWAYS will be the fact the mods don't stick to the rules outlined in the Sticky and the Global/Board rules.

LITERALLY every problem Veeky Forums has is due to the mods not following the Sticky/Site rules.

Every board would be fixed by the end of the month if mods banned on site all one sentence shitpost threads that can be answered via google and all threads which break the ALREADY ESTABLISHED RULES.

Also the age old adage, lurk moar.

I am convinced the mods are 90% newfags and redditors who don't want to delete threads because they are the kinds of thread they themselves would probably put up.

If a mod is reading this, fuck you. You are killing this site, start doing your job or quit, retard!

>be mod
>actually do your job
>get shatted on by the userbase for "attacking their culture"
>"does it for free lol"

mods will never enforce the rules if they don't know if it is a good idea to do so.

thiiiis

You forget that you have probably 1 janitor/mod for 100 shitposters. They probably can't keep up.
Also shitposter think that posting shit thread is freedom of speech and if you delete them systematically they will shitpost even harder because "muh freedom nazimod is trying to censor me"
The best way to deal with shitpost thread is to not answer, hide and report.

Those retards will stop after a week and be driven out or adapt.

Literally everyone on Veeky Forums admits the site is shit but lets it continue, some form of fucking stockholm syndrome is going on

rulesfags kill boards just as much as those who intentionally turn boards into constant shitposting feats imho

a healthy balance is needed

let's be honest if you want a well researched answer by an expert to a question you have about history you're going to go to [spoiler]/r/askhistorians[/spoiler]

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH ALL THESE FUCKING /POL/ RESPONSES ON EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON Veeky Forums. YOU FAGGOTS HAVE A CONTAINTMENT BOARD FOR A REASON. FUCKING USE IT. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wrong.

Every board should have a sticky, and all retards who shitpost should be instantaneously banned and directed to the sticky.

By instituting a culture of elitism, it shall fix things.

Except back when the mods actually enforced rules and every retard was told to lurk moar, Veeky Forums was at its peak.

Now that rules aren't enforced and retards are allowed to debate one another, the site is at its lowest.

07-09 will never not be the lowest point of the site's history

>fall of /b/ and /b/ migrants
>invasion of camwhores and furries
>rise of Anonymous

Not everything was /b/ in 2007-9

yeah but the other boards had to make sure that was the case

nice strawman ya hack

You know what would make a lot of threads much better? Public bans. I can't remember the last time I saw a USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST

make a sticky with historical resources to cite

If someone tries to challenge these historical sources he will do it with his own sources or be banned.

definitely never saw them on Veeky Forums

should be on it to set examples