/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

An actual thread edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Shitpost:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0amMNr6RM_c
youtube.com/watch?v=sP3nXmnHVcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying sitting on top of a nergi with cluster bombs and boosters or doing rocksteady memes is "learning how to play the game"
absolute LMAO

DALAMADUR WHEN?

I am hungry

I bought a PS4 pro and slapped in a 500GB SSD so I could play this game. Thinking about what kind of TV to buy for this since I'm playing on my desktop monitor, which isn't too ideal.

Rolls are for roars!
unless you use hammer

Reminder to learn to roll through attacks, like you do in every game where you are able to roll through attacks

Does evade window + work for foresight slash ls?

Man I like dalamadur. And as far as "giant thing" fight he's probably the best the series has had. But that said, I still didn't like dalamadur. Just wasn't that interesting a fight because you only respected a quarter of it's entire kit.

never

i recognize that village!

Reminder to blacklist eyepatch fags

Roll through THIS, fuccbois.

How do we fix the damage MHW caused to these threads?

You shouldn't be including World info in the OP, it'll attract more outsiders into the general and gives a false impression that mhg actually accepts westernized turd.

Blast gunlance best funlance build

The discussion was about rolling roars instead of using earplugs, until your autistic ass came in and argued you don't need either because you can cheese monsters with traps/flashes etc. You're a shitter, don't bother replying to me.

Remember to train your felynes!

Even in P3rd the logic behind roaring vs not roaring came down to preference as a player unless you were TAing.

Why when I can just foresight slash it and level up my gauge?

>they don't bring earplugs with SA
>they deal suboptimal damage because they interrupt their combos to dodge roars
>they never land a single full ZSD
>they cart if they fuck up a single time, or lag happens, or the mob insta-roars, or if some LS user trips them
Look at them and laugh!

Hopefully never. It's dogshit along with all of the other giant monsters.
The only good giant monster we have is the one that's technically not a giant monster.

But the eye patch is useful
What is this meme

He's already in the game

you don't
just wait until PC and then you can finally leave because you know damn well it will only get worse

>according to user posts on /mhg/ everyone here is so pro they never get caught by any roar whatsoever
>play with /mhg/
>people get caught by them all the time
>out of the thousands of people who claim to never get caught not a single one can produce a single video as evidence of them doing it
hmm...

Can I pet your pussy?

Huntress butt

Just one guy forcing it probably a waifu fuck from the looks of it too. Pay him no mind.

>I can't roll through roars
>better call someone else a shitter
back to /v/

Hammer and Swaxe are probably the two weapons that benefit the most from Earplugs.
GS might as well but you can tackle through a lot of the telegraphed roars.

can I mix diablos armor with blackblos armor to get the set bonuses?

>/mhg/
?????????

I want to BE Meowstress!

>this entire thread

No it wasn't. It was about IF you can roll through attacks. Which then lead to "I don't need to with earplugs (aka you can roll through them but
I can't)," which then went to "why waste a slot on earplugs when you can use it on something better? Just learn to roll right."

user you should already know that of our 140+ unique posters, probably 4 of them are good enough to consistently roll a roar. The rest, including myself, are shitters who say they can but can't.

Do they still have the thing where they meditate until they start levitating in World?

yes

I would post one but your retarded ass would probably just go "hurr it was too telegraphed, show me one of x monster" or some stupid shit like that
And that's just too much effort

Hosting some tempered elder runs again. 4PLj2r7Bh2Aw 1 slot open.

/mhg/ are a bunch of elitist shitters that pretend they're actually any good and only use meta sets.

>Is in a thread.
>Says everyone in a thread is autistic.
user...

Go on, record a video of you rolling every single anjanath roar with base iframes, that shit is basically instant.

Our boy Glavenus is coming back soon.

No.

Why aren't you playing IG?

youtu.be/0amMNr6RM_c
>tfw we'll be able to replace every single battle theme with this on the PC version.

i like women

Alright. How often do you lurk this general? I can't play it now so I'll have to post it tomorrow.

I don't like its weird hit stop effects when doing the powered up ground spinny combo

I hated this theme. You seem to like it, that's fine, but you should see somebody to address how much you hate yourself.

>no damage in the air

***REMINDER***

>T2
Fast deco farming
>T3
Streamstone farming + decos

*Prioritize as necessary*

I like being useful in a fight

i've been reading a VN called Kokoro Rista, first time reading anything seriously in japanese. it's good practice, i'm about 3500 words in anki as well

IG is about as shit as the quality of your webm.

I'll be here.

At least post the good deviant theme you falseflagger

youtube.com/watch?v=sP3nXmnHVcI

So are there any good builds for status bowguners?

This.
Hammer and Swagaxe are the only 2 weapons where earplugs are acceptable.

>I link my to a microsoft vid of me foresight slashing through a roar and then rolling through another in the same minute (I have two recorded)
>I post it
>I get blacklisted and reported by a bunch of angry faggots
Yeah no, just get better at the game, shitter. It's like arguing with someone saying that you can't roll through attacks on Dark Souls, it's just a retarded argument. Just google "rolling through roars monster hunter world." Just simple enough for you retards to handle it

Damage is too low.

I've always thought the first like 30 seconds of this song was weak.
but after that its memorable.

Based t2 poster

>T2
>fast deco farming
>when /mhg/ bros slap Kush's shit sub-4
yeh nah

>he spends all day rolling through roars instead of building relationships and acquiring currency

And hate every iteration of the game except the first one they played.

How are the threads here gayer than the discord. You niggas are about to get me to go back to disco.

You know what, someone link that shit.

People overrate it's awfulness when World's OST exists. Same goes for the Verdant Hills theme, it's awful but not to the point of mediocrity like, god forbid, the Elder's Recess theme.

>T2
no

every time i do t2 and see slots with the lowest jewel i die inside

this isnt jplearningthread

>decide to host some runs
>post room id here
>2 people join, actual armor and decent skills. no copy pasted meme shit.
>1 guy joins, voice chat on
>cool
>"what's up my brothers gonna make those monster my biiitchessss amirite? wubalubadubdub"
>wat
>see he's wearing meme patch and the same armor than 90% of mhg
>lmao
>earplugs
>i'm just laughing at this point
>he sorts items
>goes to eat and yells "Szechuan sauce, where's my Szechuan sauce you bitch"
>runs around
>ugh
>start quests
>can hear a "james! are you still playing? you'll dad will get mad" coming from his side
>"shut up biaaaaaatch"
>he laughs and says "BING BING BING WOOOOHOOOOO"
>spams jumps
>can't even mount
>can't into extracts
>trips everybody else
>just uses the glaive as a stick
>at the end it goes "y'll know i've been playing this since 2002! i hate m3ubabies! i can solo all the monsters and i'm pretty good at call of duty too!"

>When World's OST theme exists.
I hated it then, I still hate it. Just because World has some shit themes doesn't lessen how bad it's theme is, user.

>he's scared of elder dragons and/or can't sub 4 nerg

Here's your (You) anyway

I just love mysterious feystones so much

Why is xx so shit bros?

Haha
What a story Mark

Rolling in DS is nothing like rolling in MH at all
Stop pretending

Because it doesn't have Nerscylla.

>mail doesn't follow the contours of the body

Because it attempted to cover up the fact that it's 80% reused assets with anime.

It cut nerscylla from the roster.

See, this is exactly what I meant when I made the fat people analogy.
Only a shitter completely ignorant of how TAs work would even suggest that they have any relation to normal play.

You probably don't even know what flinch points are, how TAs are built, or what the fuck the runner is even doing.
You just stare at the pretty lights until it's over, and you're convinced that what you saw was some godly show of reflexes that would always work, instead of a well rehearsed play.

its the usual stupid meme where people only parrot what the highest of skill can do and anything else is suboptimal/unviable, and they forget what normal play is like.

earplugs is amazing quality of life skill.

>do a hunt 2 minutes faster
>get two charms of the lowest tier
You tricked me good.

I can't believe I bought a ps4 for this game...

Weebs

Even if it did, it still would be an inferior version compared to 4U

Reused assets are still assets. At least MHX/XX _HAD_ monsters that weren't generic wyverns. MHW pretty much doesn't and the few new monsters it has are hardly "new" anyway. If you think Jyuratodus, Yaku or Radobaan count as new you're a moron.

Dunno where you are that you always have access to Nerg but here's a (You) anyway.

Maybe if your fingers werent fucking sausages youd be able to roll through a roar too.

Because it's Frontier if it was actually good.

Anyone else get the ice house reward for catching all endemic life?

Having all food fresh opens up a new layer of customization I tell you

*rolls through your shitpost*

>sub 4

I just had a realization. It makes absolutely no sense for gunners to have to stock up on ammo just to do the same DPS as melee weapons.
Dropping LBG.

Which monster hunter should I re-play on the go (still playing world at home)?
Have both ps vita/psp and 3ds.
Been thinking about trying out XX, only played X.
What do you guys say?

I hope this never dies.

>palicoes no longer have any skills other than the gadgets
>they could have had skills tied to armor pieces
>no reason to not use the ugly xeno set, especially when using a gadget other than heal
why bros

>charms

im too lazy, ill just eat a max potion each time i dont get 50+ health for eating
might even just jem in 3x vitality desu

>throw flashpod at monster before they aggro
>hit them until the stars in their head wears off
>throw another flashpod
>do this the entire fight and not only will it never roar it will also not even attack you
??

>just to do the same DPS as melee weapons
if only