/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Best girls edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Shitpost:

>sniff 7 vaal footprints
>none gives vaal investigations
>break uragaan parts
>nerg investigations with 2 silver and 1 gold
What in the fuck?

So which is the best LS? pls don't tell me that it's negro's I hate this mary sue and its shit looking weapons

Is XX a fine starting point if I've never played MonHun? The language barrier won't be that bad, right?

Don't forget to take breaks every now and then, Nyanons!

the arena one

beep boop hooray

investigations are random. tempered elders give random tempered elder investigations.
Ive sniffed some pukei pukei prints and gotten radobaan investigations.

>all these soulskid twitch streamers saying hun mons

Non tempered investigations are completely random. Tempered investigations are completely random within the same threat level. It feels bogus, but at the same time it does help with variety a bit. I've run Vaal so many times I've gotten both gold crowns for him. I'll fight 20 Kushes before I'll fight another Vaal by choice.

XX is literally nothing like any other monster hunter.

It would be bad. Play at least two other MH games to get used to the items and the way they are structured.

why are most monhun games on handhelds? It definitely seems like a game that benefits from a larger screen

just get PPSSPP and play MHFU

People seem divided over the endgames of 4U and XX. What are the pros and cons of each?

So i just got the game and i know there were some limited events with outfits and skins. Will they ever come back?

Nerg or vaal set?

Hey guys the Redditcord said there's a leaked DLC roadmap, does anyone have it?

Talk me out of triple augmenting for health regen

Is this for the capture reward bonus or something?

Use Death Stench legs if your weapon will get White Sharpness with two Handicraft. Dober legs and Nergigante waist give Attack Boost, which is always welcome. Maybe Bazel waist if you want to use the Earplugs charm.

>Actually recommending MHFU in the year 2018
Jesus user that's sadistic.

The art style better fits the lower poly limit of handheld hardware or so thats how I see it

Because Japan likes handhelds and that's how the series blew up.

What pants and boots should I use if I'm using Kirin everything else? For a DB.

>inb4 don't bother using that, use this other thing
I want to use this thing

>new 5 monster hunt
also there's a tempered pink rathian+tempered legiana event that gives bonus HR

This

I like how Vaal set looks but i think Nerg has better skills.

>mount monster
>get kicked

Who do you consider the easiest Elder? For me it's Vaal by far, mainly because his entire body is a fucking weak spot so I can just go apeshit with DB, most of the time I'll stagger or KO him before he can even hit me. My first kill on him only took 9 minutes (half of the other Elders) and now I can even do tempered Vaal in less time.

Death stench for +2 handicraft. Handicraft charm to bump it up to +5

Can't play PS4 on the train.

typing this as im holding r2 on the dual blos arena waiting for them to kill each other.

truly the highest IQ weapon.

if I can find my PSP charger im about to hop back on to MHFU till we get some more MHW content

Huh?
Did you have to unlock something for there to be that many gold rewards?

Did the events finally cycle? Shit, I guess I'll eat dinner and then make a room.

Someone create a gold crown farming room

wow I didn't think this existed
such easy reqs too

Do those drop crowns like the last event?

>bonus HR
Is that a thing?

>cant decide between function and fashion
>Ingot B set is not color friendly
>bazel A can change hair color but B can't
Im on the fence about transmog but this is infuriating.

you mean world

Grinding S. Nerscylla in 4U, if anyone would like to join hall ID is 49-0828-8923-4575

The arena one with elementless shits out damage

>mount monster
>it takes off
>3 flashes go off

Oh shit. They cycle thursday? God damn it. I thought I had today to get the rest of my crowns. Fucking fuck.

>Ingot B set is not color friendly
>Can recolor the metal to whatever
??

Beat xeno if you want more color options

I have no idea why it has such easy reqs. Im going to save it untill the time is right i guess. Maybe ill make that arena armor and throw on a voucher for extra fun.

I can't get it to look as good as the LR version. It just all comes out blegh for some reason. Pukie pukie

That makes sense. What should I use as the coil?

the down time is about the same anyway, fuck waiting for that dude to finish his 30s flying rodeo while everyone else can't do shit

The Arena one.

>pls don't tell me that it's negro's I hate this mary sue and its shit looking weapons

Nerg's Tree is not the best for any weapon. They are just very good and a good choice until you have more specialized weapons.

only for that quest apparently

See

Why would it be bad?

There is nothing more sexually attractive than female Hunters with Lances.

For DB, Nergigante Waist Alpha.

Because you will be more easier lost

fighting ratholos is not fun

>women shoving their big rods in everyone's faces
>attractive
Sure, if you're into futa.

F L A S H B O M B

The old event will come back around, don't worry. But yeah, events cycle on 12AM Friday according to Tokyo time.

Post them crown hunt rooms!!!

Gamma session ID: f4DQjz7x6BZ
Sending invites while taking care of quests as usual.
Don't be afraid any investigations you want to share with the rest of the thread.

I literally cut off any raths tail the first time they down

Not him but I am.

Huntresses are fucking hideous though so a huntress using a lance doesn't excite me.

>When you do something stupid but it works out alright

Nergigante more like Nerd Gigante

How do i improve my GS game? I have the attack patterns down and I'm getting pretty good at shoulder bashing, but I notice that I whiff a lot on my true charge.
Should I stop at strong charge and move on to something else, or maybe I'm focusing too hard on charging all together?
I'm fairly sure my positioning is off too. I'm used to lance, so I'm usually right up the monsters ass, and this has mostly carried over into GS. What should I change there?

Tell me how to git gud with sns without backhop spam or i'll just start using CB

Crown room. PS4

4RHwk2MtX3YT

Join. I'll be back in a second. I'm going to go throw up and shit a little.

>play XX on 3ds and get my ass kicked
>decide to download the Switch version because why the hell not
>it becomes 10x easier now that I can actually see shit and my hands aren't cramping constantly
No wonder people think 4U was hard

t2 tempered lobbies where??

Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't catch it. I'm using the Kirin armor because of the skills. The capture bonus is extra. I probably don't need Divine Blessing, but it's nice to have. Thunder Attack is necessary for the Kirin DBs. And I asked before and nobody could answer, but it seems like Marathon Runner should work with DB's edge mode, so I can hopefully be twice as edgy.

Thanks

i still dont understand why people think nergigante is in any way difficult. i was really let down by how easy his fight is.

Why would you do T2's instead of T3's? Are you stupid?

I think it's a pretty good fight. When it's in its robot, it's a flashy spectacle fight like Gog or Jhen / Dahren, with lots of weapons and items and stuff to mine. When it's not in the robot, it's a pretty interesting and unique enemy with a cool theme and fun attacks. Not exactly hard, but you wouldn't have been disappointed if it were the LR flagship for another game.

Why did I laugh so hard

>he doesn't know

oh.

Kirin or Tobi for lightning duals?

I'm just tryin to make a funny joke, man

>that hair
>Attratice
Can someone please tell me what anyone finds appealing about a half finished hair style? It looks like they wanted Crownrows but just got to lazy they gave up half way through.

For all that normiecore appeal in World, they never dropped a joke similar to this(which predates the Arrow in the Knee).

Oh man, I want those crowns but.
>Diablos

The hardest part about the 3DS games for me was battery life management. The way I hold my 3DS, my index finger rests over top of the battery warning light, so I can't see it when it starts blinking. Can't tell you how many 40-minute hunts I lost due to that.

Why is Legiana so fucking easy compared to other monsters of similar "level"?

BASED t2 poster

3/16

Why exactly is this only a thing I've seen happen in World? Is it just because you can carry 13 flash bombs now?

wew is that really a tempered quest you can repeat infinitely?

I think you might be focusing on charging all together. Unless it's an assured thing throug prediction/knock down, getting any charge off or hit will be better. If it's something like Los or Legi being knocked down then it's much easier to keep them toppled by exploiting true charge on their feet.

>Why is Legiana so fucking easy
What weapon are you using? I like using GS and GL and I fucking dread Legianas enraged state where he just flys around like a retard throwing ice every where

Doubt the rewards are t2 but who knows

>no uragaan protection jewel

F L A S H B O M B

GS. It's even easier with Hammer because >slope

Someone come kill nerg for me 4 times

>the down time is about the same anyway
3rd flash vs 1st mount isn't the same at all

>he doesn't just bring 13 Flash Bombs against Legiana/Rathalos/Blue Raspberry Rathalos