/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ Gene

Like father like son edition.

Previously on /dbfzg/: >DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/c38yu
streamable.com/11023
streamable.com/zmr30
streamable.com/mshd7
streamable.com/q4vs0
streamable.com/dvj01
streamable.com/fvei4
streamable.com/hlszt
sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/home?authuser=0
youtube.com/watch?v=fBJO5_9R4Wk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I need more Frieza combos.

>Gene

This combo only works on scrubs who dont know how to use air recovery. Drop the 2S from this and its GOLDEN. But seriously thats about it for Freeza. He doesnt combo much, hes better at shitting out damage for minimal effort.

Got u covered senpai

Best super in the game because of this alone

Not him, but you can't air recover out of that.

The stun from the laser is long enough for the 2H to land before they can recover though. You have to have good timing to do it consistently though, but you get a lot more damage if you pull it off.

The training dummy is set to recover as soon as the stun's over by the way.

Really? Because I tried it and the dummy would SOMETIMES air recover after 2S. Which made me think the AI is being retarded and a good player will 99% of the time recover rather than eat the 2H. I still think dropping the 2S is a safer way to go and wont lose you too much damage.

I am considering dropping Blue Vegimite for Tokusentai. Mostly because I like the captain more, but I don't think I'm smart enough to play him effectively.

The AI is set to always air-reocver as soon as the stun ends, unless you turn it off or set it to random. In the webm, the 2H is also counted as a fifth hit because it's still a part of the combo.

Im not shitposting when I ask this, but are there any better combos for Freeza? Because this is pretty much all I did with him minus exoiting his sparking jank. Kinda got bored of him amd switched to another guy.

isnt optimal

5M > 2M(2) > 1S > 5M > 3S > Super Dash > j.M(2)L > jc > j.LL(2) > j.[S] > j.236S > super? you get 5345 with it compared to yours and more meter.

Ginyu is pretty decent because he creates his own traps. However he must be paired with someone who needs meter, because he can't make use of it at all beyond utility reasons.

Krillin is his own kettle of fish. Most people see Ginyu as mid-tier at worst and he will only get better as time goes on. I think Krillin will too, however due to his short reach and unusual fighting style it will take him a lot of time to get out of bottom tier.
Definitely. He generates a lot of meter for your other two characters, and benefits a lot from the extra coverage the assists provide.

He has no place as an anchor. However you can totally use him as a mid if you prefer instead, as his assist is pretty damn solid.

Ginyu is a lot easier to understand than you think. He's one of the characters where generic BnB works perfectly, and most rules of movement, engaging, ect apply to him as well. He's only complex if you focus on trying to combo off of or with the ginyu force too much.
>Ginyu, no:
>"nobodies faster than my Burter!"
>So charismatic even Goku doesn't understand why Ginyu works for Frieza
>Strong leader who don't need no meter
>Is so cool he left an impression on the protagonists son to pose later in life

I think that he has many different tools that he confirm off of to get a decent damaging combo,, but I haven't found more actual air combos myself beyond ending it with 236S into a super, or a hard knockdown instead of 236S. There's of course sparking combos, but those are kind of gimmicky. He can do some resets with certain assists of course too.

with assists, he can start adding 214S and 22S teleports to his combos for big midscreen dmg.

I have a kid buu/Black/Goku team. Should I switch kid buu to mid and run black at point? Kid buu's assist with IT mixups sounds like cancer

kid buu is better starter with 2 beam assists backing him up. black would have just goku assist since buus only works when you have a blockstring already going. bring in black as soon as you land a hit (any air hard knockdown is free swap or any H smash immediately tag and continue combo with black). once you are in and on them, black is much better with the kid buu assist now being 'active' and able to use and kid buu has way better neutral than black, but black much better once hes in and with the 2 assists backing him up.

>j.M(2)L
I think I like just using j.LL and then repeating that with a jump cancel better. Easier to do consistently and only 40 damage less.

>when you're new at fighters and trash but people spend time trying to teach you neutral without voice chat

Heart: warmed

Not mine, but someone shared these with me and I really like them, have a look.
streamable.com/c38yu
midscreen non-golden sparking
streamable.com/11023
golden+spark activation
streamable.com/zmr30
streamable.com/mshd7 superdash quick change extension
streamable.com/q4vs0
zoning confirms
streamable.com/dvj01
corner bnb
streamable.com/fvei4
midscreen bnb
streamable.com/hlszt
pre-activated sparking Golden Combo

Ahh okay. I'll try to get that in mind when I'm playing. I remember nakkiel talking about how that is how his team is set up. His Adult Gohan is the real point but he uses kid buu's better neutral to get him in level 1.

Actually I just tested it and it turns out doing j.LL(2) both times does more damage than doing j.M(2)L > jc > j.LL(2)

I don't ever see a reason to do j.M(2)L over just the auto-combo. Maybe unless you're not confident in the j.L landing first hit.

I should have made it more readable, description is below the combo.

>sit around doing nothing
>wait 5 minutes in queue
>try getting something down in practice
>instant match

Every fucking time.

I've never seen a game die off so quickly in terms of hype.

It didn't.

Is that why nlbc had 10k viewers yesterday and it's still the most played fg on steam?
It's pretty normal for a fighting game to lose a lot of the casual player base very quickly.

Literally every game does. The hype is only leading up to the release. Then you play the game.

fags

you should retry it as you cannot get more dmg from j.ll over j.ml.

that webm shows him doing the j.ll and then it doing 5349 tho

I was so concerned with how I had no idea what to put for Ginyu, I missed out on something so important. Thank you.

>Tell myself I'm going to commit to 3 characters
>But now I want to play Ginyu
WHAT DO I DOOOO

I only started playing the other day, is there any central place to find decent combos for characters?

And is there a DBFZ equivalent of keeponrock.in?

I don't have a ton of time to play per week. When I play people, what should I try to do to make sure I improve, especially when learning the fundamentals?

Drop the character that appears the most online and use body change to play as them.

>Rewatching Battle of the Gods because of this game
It would have been so easy for Beerus to be a really cringy mary sue OC and he's pretty borderline as it is but he just managed to save himself by just being really funny and entertaining throughout the movie.

There's some good stuff here that someone in the general put together.

sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/home?authuser=0

they were saving the Mary Sue shit for Andriod 21

How is she a Mary Sue when she has tons of faults and isn't even that powerful compared to other characters?

I know that people really say Tien should be mid, but I'm considering switching him to either point or anchor. My point has really bad neutral, so I think I want them to be mid.

How do I get in on this

>Mary Sue
>loses repeatedly

???

love it, thank you

The pastebin the guy linked has some good stuff, but usually you'll have to scavenge around on discords for the characters to find info. That or you can practice and find some stuff with your own team.

Does team order even matter?

I've seen people say it's because everyone likes and is nice to her
Which is retarded because Goku and friends get along with everyone

>is literally stronger than everyone short of Beerus in the story
>entire scenes dedicated to her effortlessly defeating the previous major villains
>has the same powers as Majin Buu and Cell combined, can learn Instant Transmission from seeing it a single time
>in her storyline everyone unanimously loves her and wants to help her, even though she's the reason everything bad is happening
>casually collects the dragon balls to revive literally everyone like it's no big deal
>singlehandedly builds a machine that neuters the entire cast, meaning for all intents and purposes she should have killed everyone
>the only reason they can fight back is because she also singlehandedly perfected a machine even Dr Gero couldn't to link souls
>everyone needs to team up to beat her, and even then it's close
>naturally her evil half is ONLY defeated because her good half sacrificed herself
>fucking Goku implies that just talking to King Yemma is enough to get her revived, no dragon balls needed
>has huge tits and perfect hair and is a genius scientist and is also a world-class martial artist and is also the perfect android and was Dr Gero's wife and also 16 was her dead son and

And they still don't really explain why she's a majin.

Didn't they say it's because she was given Majin cells when she was created?

>Drop the character that appears the most between Gotenks, Piccolo, and Teen Gohan
uhh

They do but it's an offhand line. Does Buu's cells even work like that?

>is literally stronger than everyone short of Beerus in the story
Stopped reading there. Literally means nothing considering every character in the story mode has their power leveled down significantly

who do I play if DBFZ is my first fighting game and I wanna get into this genre of video games

I don't know, I usually try not to delve deep into DB lore because half the time it's retconned eventually or never makes sense

And why do they have their power leveled down significantly, Mozart? Because 21 is a brilliant genius that, by herself, built a machine that sapped the energy out of literally everyone other than the literal god Beerus. Even Golden Frieza and SSGSS Goku were no match for 21's machine.

the characters you like

Start with SS Goku to learn basics and then try everyone and pick who you like most.

everything just seems way too fuckin fast for me lol

Just play your favorite characters. If you force yourself to play someone you don't give a shit about, you won't be as motivated to get better with them

favorite characters except the advanced ones like Hit or Ginyu

Would you have rather had her just be straight up stronger then Blue Goku and Frieza? They needed some way for the insanely powerful characters to have to work together to defeat the villain. People would've bitched even more if the OC character naturally dwarfed everyone in strength

Take your time and focus. The more you learn the less fast it feels.

Oh...

Anyone PC NA want to play? 300k+ BP skill level.

There are better and more tactful ways they could have approached it, even if they wanted to run with the everyone-is-weaker-now trope. If it weren't for the what-if link interactions, the story mode would have been unbearable.
I mean, it's just a non-canon one-shot story in a fighting game so it doesn't matter, but it's disappointing to see this come out of the same team that put together Blazblue's anime bullshit and all of Guilty Gear.

>1-1
>both down to last character
>sparking up
>mid combo
>you have left the lobby
aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaa

I have played two ranked matches so far. What lobby?

Don't mash buttons and you'll eventually realize the game's not all that fast. When you're in masher mode with the blood rushing through your head, it seems too fast.

>aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaa
Sven please calm down.

Yes. The character you have on point will always start at neutral, if you try to swap in another character at the beginning, that puts them at risk. The same goes for whoever is brought out when you lose another character (It will always prioritize point/mid/anchor in that order).

So even if things get completely out of your control, these factors are guaranteed.

Do you have to port forward or something to host a ring match? I've never had anyone join mine, and was just watching someone walking around my ring for a bit before opening their own instead.

I agree the story was pretty bad, but they're working with a well established property. They couldn't get too wild with it like they could with their own original series

No, it's just that nobody likes you.

>go on a win streak
>stopped by an orange
>they make me yellow because I lost two to a orange for some reason
>now everyone is taking my matches and I blew threw SS2 rank into supreme kai rank
I'm feel like a smurf.

The only team I use online is goku blue/goku/goku black and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't
@ me.

What are some good post-hard knockdown beerus setups for midscreen? I know 236S in the corner, but, midscreen when you get a knockdown, what works for him?

blue goku is cancer to fight with lag. For some reason I can never block his ki blasts or instant transmissions. One time I was literally killed only by him spamming instant transmissions because the lag was so bad that I couldn't turn in time for mixups.

>fighting people below 3 bars

It was actually the match that made me change my filter to green bars and above only. Was really early after release.

Is anyone down with beating up on a tard who can't properly function while playing this game?

What the fuck did they mean by this!? there's nothing wrong with my internet, why does this keep happening? I don't even get to play this game i paid for

It's ArcSys

it will be fixed later this month tm

just join a lobby with 0-10 people in it. I literally have never been dc'd since I started doing this.

>Director talks about patching plans
>nothing about 16 nerfs
DROPPED

youtube.com/watch?v=fBJO5_9R4Wk

>Playing Hit and 21
>Already neglecting team comp
>Really want to play Ginyu too

I can't bring myself to put Vegeta on my team, it's the contrarian in me coming out

Hit and 21 don't work well together? I was going to make a team with them soon

>like Vegeta as a character
>SS Vegeta is boring to play and only good for his assist
>SSB Vegeta has stubby limbs like SS Vegeta
I mean, I know Vegeta was a manlet, but they overdid it a little.

While I'm happy about the dramatic finishes we have, does anyone kinda wish we had more. More What-if ones like Yamcha countering the Saibaman and more special interactions?
I mean we do have a lot of stuff in the game already but I just feel like you could do more.

I don't like that there are like 3 with goku and most other characters have none

Welcome to ArcSys 10/10 quality games. Enjoy your stay and be happy the game isn't crashing.

Each character should have one.

I don't care much about dramatic finishers, but I wish there were more unique character dialogue for intros/outros. And also for the score screen. Hearing Gotenks' shitty line with Kid Buu is annoying.

That's because Dragon Ball is the Goku show and most memorable moments involve Goku

I'm so sick of getting caught by super dashes in the air. I'm holding back and I still eat it. I'm about to start 2H in the air

Surely there has to be a memorable moment with one of the characters like Piccolo or Tien