mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg
Big Paz edition

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fi63FpHCi_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HIDEO KONAMI IS BEST

Has anyone figured out where fabric spawns?

That youtube video is just kneejerk reactions + He supported Konami anyways.

Is there a second base size upgrade? If so, how do you get it?

How do you beat Seth?

It's a shame this game is getting a lot of hate. Majority of those hating it haven't even played it. It's not a great perfect 10/10 masterpiece but it isn't horrible. For me it's 8/10. It's a lot of fun and I can see myself putting a lot into this

Inb4 I get called a shill

does the AI ever shut the fuck up about being hungry/thirsty/oxygen as you continue in the game? It consistently overrides audio logs, both subtitles and audio, and never tells me anything useful.

this is seriously triggering me

Go into the coop staging area to listen to tapes. Your stats don't go down while you're there.

How to tell if you've gotten everything from the salvage missions in coop?

So far only broken spear and recurve bow, but I only have 2 missions unlocked

I noticed you can build a Broadcast Facility which allows you to make your own playlists. Can we put our own music in there like in MGS5?

You haven't scratched the surface. Everything worthwhile you'll be getting from normal and hard.

mfw

that's not what I asked. I mean there is no way of knowing once you've gotten all the blueprints from S tier in a mission?

Cause I've gotten 5 spears to 1 bow but they are the same rarity

wait what? you can only listen to the music tracks at base? is there a portable player I can find?

Was right where you said it would be boss, thanks.
Man once you get the radio and a decent selection of music the game becomes maximum comfymode.
It's such a slow burn, but once you start getting an assortment of gear it really does come alive in a great way.

AS I BECOME MORE PRESENT NOW

Why the FUCK did no one warn me about the spiders? Thankfully i brought molotovs, but there isn't enough napalm in the world for all of that NOPE.

And I'm saying it doesn't matter on easy.

Yeah for 40$ i feel like i more than got my moneys worth with just the launch content. And it seems like they will be regularly updating it, so who knows it might become something special.

WHEN ALL HOPE BLEEDS OUT, WHAT REMAINS IS DOUBT

Majority of hate comes from Konami VS Kojima Debacle.
The secondary hate comes from its a Zombie Game.
The third hate is the Survival Mechanics.
And the final hate, is you have to beat Chapter 7 for Cooking Pot.
Honestly, if people played this more of a stealth/tacitcal game as opposed to running and gunning, you'd die less and have more resources in your base.
I'm glad that the barrier for entry to this game is very high, like Darksouls-like difficulty.
Once you're past that, it becomes one of the best experiences to start the year. After all MHW is not on PC, so we have this.

welp anons. I 100% explored the map. and i got nothing. holy shit. i'm so fucking tired now.

I'll admit, seeing the crawlers for the first time really unnerved me. No build up, no cutscene, no music beyond the normal ambient orchestra... And theres suddenly a whole crowd of them just scurrying around in the deepest, darkest part of the medical strut ruins.

Repostan Lunar Knights nameplate.

>creature lunged after me but it tripped on s rock and fell
>got my leg and broke it
>couldn't barely move
>go to get pistol
>get smacked by another creature and fall down
>can barely crawl away
>over encumbered too
>take out silenced 45 to shoot them both
>miss the head a few times because hunger and thirst are fucking with my aim
>have to whip out revolver
>get him
>swing camera around
>two more coming. Heard gun
shots
>can't really use melee in prone
>only have my assault rifle and 7 rounds left

A-adapt, overcome, s-survive.

In co-op, what how do you use the rewards that you get from the blue side missions? (Like MG turrets, mines, barbed fences etc.)
They're not in my inventory and I can't find them in the shared stash either unless somebody takes it all the time which I doubt.

You get the materials to make the item, not the item itself.

And make sure to use up whatever mats you can during co-op since they don't transfer after the match. Only the ones you get via the boxes at the end matter

when you guys say radio tower do you mean the broadcast facility?

What/where are the most important things I should scavenge for on the first map?

Gunpowder, stainless steel, screw's, gears, iron and TNT and bottles.

Look for those tiny outposts. Chances are you'll come up on a building and it'll have a bunch of useful stuff inside.

Oh and lead and copper. Those are in abundance at the Fallen Village.

Its less of a mouthful.

What about for containers/supply boxes, and whatever those black boxes on those weird stick hand/claw things are called? Any recipes I ought to know about?

You gotta find the BURKOV, Survival Bow, and base building recipes in the first map. Explore every nook and cranny.
There's also some BGM Easter Eggs, and Color Easter eggs you can hit to unlock.

The boxes on the crystal claws are optional. They unlock music tapes/nameplates/outfit colors.

I didn't keep track of which containers I opened, but once you got a free moment, take a look around the dust as much as you can. You'll find extremely valuable blueprints in them.

The only container I can accurately recall is the one right next to the Singularity 02 digger spot, which holds the BP's for the assault rifle and 5.56 rounds.

So doing digs at base camp can get me upgrades for the base right? I need to expand it

Ok guys, memes aside and all that. Is this survive game good?
I loved the gameplay mechanics of MGSV and didn't care about the story. Will I like this one?

>Normal mode salvage gives you legendary items at s rank
Jesus. Just how much was the difficulty ramped up?

The story is better than MGSV by a long shot. Its a bit more outlandish and out there, but far more believeable AND EXTREMELY LESS PRETENTIOUS than skully bones and autist snakes dick measuring contest feat. Ocelot and Kaz. Normally I hate time travel stories, but MGShurfife ties up a few things and even explains how and why Diamond Doge's got wormhole tech as a bonus.
I also like Reeve. It's nice to see an outlandishly ebil special forces group like XOF get a little characterization.

As for the gameplay: its difficult. And I mean Dark souls 1 graveyard first time hard. But Konami didn't keep things formulaic. Its hell at first, but surviving and scavenging and hunting all feel like s natural process. People complain about being "forced" to do stuff, but you're playing a specific narrative. You need to play smart and tough. It helps they added back in health and stamina and the CURE system, something MGSV sorely lacked. More substance. Even base customizing, as well as gear and weapons.

(It should be noted that Kojamma never wanted that gun customizing feature in TPP-- or need I remind you that kojipro was responsible for the almost unplayable shitshow that was mgo3 before konami picked it up)

By mid game, it gets more cushy, since you'll feel like a full fledged survivor and know what to look for and how and when to approach other situations.

Its very much a casual filter. CodBabbies and action gamers need not apply.

And by god, everything feels significantly less preachy. That's one thing I never liked about Kojumbles writing. His tendency to go off the fucking rails on whatever he was doing. (Its partly why konamo fired him.) And after this game? I'm beginning to believe Konami wasn't SO bad (certainly dumb in some cases, but it seems they're learning).

If you want a game that's about pure survival and mystery with that classic metal gear flair and design, don't shy away. Pick it up and see how you feel.

Cute. Who is she and does she like anal

Are there any early game leveling up recommendations and likewise skills to avoid?

So far I've only grabbed the fast pickup perk, the sidestep/dodge and the dash attack for spear-types.

I seem to recall during the beta the stomp attack is worthless, but don't know much beyond that

She's my character and you he play around with the buses after a salvage mission without it zooming for some reason

Haha, true, the begnning of the game is a fucking wall to anyone that things gunning things is the proper way to survive.
Darksouls-chan is still hammering away in postgame.
Still, my favourite is Virgil-chan. There's no better character than her.
Nice solo.

the heavy attack for spear is godlike for fence abuse

Cool, I'll grab that.

In other games I think I'd pile on health and stamina, but is it at all a good idea to go attack strength and dexterity earlier since they're never hunger/thirst gimped?

The stomp doesn't outright kill anything unless they're below half health if they happened to get knocked down. Then it takes two stomps from a full enemy health bar. Get the Foot Press and the CQC Counter skills. You can ignore the Dive attack for now, as well as the Leg Sweep.
Foot Press let's you kick away an enemy to make room. If they hit a wall or an object, they'll fall down, allowing for quick kill. You can also shove one into a crowd to make a bunch others back up, or into spike barricades or right off ledges.

I feel like the stats should be leveled after you figure out which weapon types you want to use.
Priority should be dodge as it makes playing melee less suicidal/fastpickup then slam/dive attack which can be used after vaulting fences by holding Weapon Ready and forward
Then putting points in the stats. Not sure how meaningful they all are but enough points in str is the difference between killing something in 2 hits rather than 3 at one point for me, so I prioritized that

>you can dive attack after vaulting a fence
I'm actually kind of angry I never thought of that

So, how is MG Survive?
It is really cheap here, around 30 bucks.
Will I have fun, if I clocked 250h in MGS 5?
How is multiplayer on PS4?

It's okay for what it is
MG controls with new melee system and survival mechanics
coop is kind of barebones right now but supposedly being expanded next month

Please respond, Please respond

Does it make you farm a lot and grind?

if playing the coop is a chore/grind to you then yeah. Endgame will be hunting for the perfect set of perks on the gear you want, all of which can be got by just playing the coop.

Please someone tell me the fastest method of getting distress signals at the end game I keep doing side missions but none of my people give me distress signals.

singleplayer is story progressed, the only grind is how grindy you choose to make it by wasting resources or skipping over things you pro

>probably will need later on such as materials

Would you recommend it to someone who plays mostly single?

the singleplayer is the biggest portion of the game right now and the classes/alternate skill tree dont open up till you beat the game. Just prepare to slog through the long tutorial segments

Where the heck is the LMG turret recipes? Cant find them anywhere. Or a good farming sport for ammo ingredients

building your base in singleplayer for the drill defense is grindy

>When that good shit comes on
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi63FpHCi_s

What's the deal with the 11 day time limit? Can you actually run out of time if you spend too long doing side missions or is it just part of the story?

Well said

Real nigga shit

I cant find corn even in that area. Is it in the broken looking town?

Are the orange blueprints you get from SP base defense even worth it? The first stage has a fucking 12 hour delay between the first and second wave, I can't imagine how insane it becomes in later stages.

Man the only thing that's really thrown me so far is the enemies in Easy being Level 20 and it crippling your damage against them until you reach that level yourself

I hate that it kills your backstab strength the most

If you head straight in a line south from Transporter 10 you should see a couple rows of corn in a field on the edge of the town. Up against the cliff.

>New Recipie learned: Steamed Hams

Just found them. How about the tomatoes, open easy spot or somewhere in the depths of the ruins?

Unless you are level 1, backstabs should do like 90% damage and while they are on the ground beat them with a melee weapon.

you can skip it

tomatoes are behind codetalker's house

I am not that far, so it means I cant visit early and get it?

so with what the dread dust originated as how is any water in this game able to cause infection? harmful microbes would be extinct

Not a solo I was Carried by 3 lvl 20+

I'm not buying it any time soon, but if it looks good in 6 months I'll pick up. How bad is the microshilling?

With RMT.

All the microtransactions are unnecessary cruft. You never even have to think about them.

so if you don't get the sub classes until you beat the game, is it still worth leveling up? or should I wait until I unlock the classes?

need to be level 30 survivor to start leveling their minor skills, 35 to get the active

>How bad is the microshilling?
Character slots (one character can do everything and all appearance options can be changed at any time except for gender)
Loadout slots (default with 5, up to 10 with MT)
Gestures
Storage space (you have 1000 by default, the only way you'd ever need to expand that is if you're hoarding every consumable blueprint the game gives you. Also, the game doesn't tell you how much you get when you're buying it which is kinda fucked up)
Exploration team slots
Instantly finish exploration
Consumable dude that boosts exploration results and will take damage in place of the exploration team
2% boosts
Start the next wave of base defense immediately

The only ones that are particularly impactful are the base defense and exploration ones, and only if you want to go for the plat because they have unique items that you'll need for trophies.

You need survivor at 35 for subclass abilities.

I'm level 33 right now, should I keep lvling survivor even though I don't want the skills or should I wait.

you automatically get them at 35? I thought you had to beat the game and do a mission before they unlock.

What I'm finding is because it's only a 90% hit, in the long ass animation time to do it I'm swarmed with other shit meaning I have to bail out or die

In the beta I'd try to make myself useful by hitting Bombers etc first, that's currently not even viable because if I try to land finishing hits I'm killed by it's swarm catching up and surrounding me, and if I back off I still can't finish off the Bomber because it now has too many enemies around it to go for a second stab

I mean it's ultimately fine, I'll be leveled up soon enough, but it's just an early game kick in the shins that makes me feel like a dick for being carried

So what exactly do you do at the strong kuban energy sidemissions?

Can I get a picture of ruin 3 map location?

So I've just done the first extractor wormhole defense on your first base. I only have Reeve and nurseperson.

Do you find more staff randomly out in the field or are they in static places? I've been doing exploring more than progressing and haven't found any other staff.

Find Kuban Crystal nodes on the ground. When you break all or almost all of them in a small area, it counts as completed.

best network region to select to get a match at this time?

In Metal Gear Survive, why are so many spots of my map still not filled in even though I've gone there heaps of times? What am I doing wrong?

I'm playing the daily in north america, been having ok luck.

I suppose my survive moment came when after progressing a shit ton in the fog, and doing that mission to get hot wheels his wheels, but especially getting my waifu name plate, I ran out of oxygen refills and had to resort to using all 6 of my heal sprays till I could find a teleported. Got out with a sliver of health left.

anyone know a good place to farm bottles? I've got about 20 clean water waiting to be collected but I use shit loads of bottles on molotovs

BEst thing is to teleport to each teleporter and loot everything. Once you get full go back to base then hop to the next spot.

waifu nameplate?

Set a marker on the blank spot, specifically go to it, come back to home base and your data will upload onto map. If still not filled you'll see that your dots (showing where you walked) didn't actually go through the black area.

So has anyone figured out why the game won't let you craft option parts on some pieces of gear? Is it just a bug?

I'm not sure if network region even does anything.. I'm in NA and I still get Euros and Japanese in my games, but that might just be the game expanding its search when it can't fill from the selected region.