Out of the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and the Jehova Witnesses...

Out of the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and the Jehova Witnesses, Which branch makes the most sense and is the least cultish?

Other urls found in this thread:

adventist.org/en/beliefs/god/trinity/
cultorchristian.com/
trinitytruth.org/whoistheholyspiritellenwhite.html
remnantofgod.org/trinity.htm#sda
blog.lifeassuranceministries.org/2012/07/08/going-deeper-into-the-sda-trinity-doctrine/
rationalwiki.org/wiki/National_Sunday_law
leavingsda.com/seventh-day-adventist-cult/
youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU
youtube.com/watch?v=QzSwBsgHHXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Seventh Day Adventists
>Cultish

What?

Mormons actually make a lot of sense, relative to other Christian sects (inb4 the obvious) it's very consistent more in tune with modern ideas about cosmology and philosophy. Not to mention there's about as much evidence for the exodus or whatever as there is for Native American Israelites.

The organization of it is cult as fuck though.

They don't believe in the trinity, and their founder claimed to have been another prophet, thus putting them at odds with most Christian sects.

tbqh the trinity is more cultish than a lack of it.

How so?

>t. Harold Bloom.
I'd still highly recommend Bloom's The American Religion OP. He approaches the theology and histories of these sects like a Veeky Forums Catholic, focusing on how aesthetic they are.

Mysteries in general are kind of cultish. It's literally the theological way of saying "Just turn off your brain and don't think about it".

>Seventh Day Adventists

there's your answer

>bagging out mysteries

Lutherans must really dislike you

They do believe in the trinity, and she isn't considered as a prophet, just a "inspired messenger".

> (You)
>They don't believe in the trinity

adventist.org/en/beliefs/god/trinity/

Okay, thanks for correcting my inaccurate assumption.

>extreme adherence to young earth creationism
>extreme fear of ''evolutionism''
>extreme anti-Catholicism
>think the papacy is the antichrist
>sunday worshipers are worshiping the sun god
>extreme autism about sabbath observance, regarding is as a binding obligation on christians
>'WE WUZ' only true christians
>no salvation outside the church
>extra prophet who banned all kinds of things and encouraged vegetarianism, card games, sports
>her writings are held by most devout members to be on par with scripture
>all job, schools etcs run through the church
>you should not talk to members of other religions
>born out of failed doomsday prophecies
>extreme apolocalyptic focus similar to JWs
>branch davidians were an offshoot
>''WE WUZ" remnant church (founded in 1860s)
>members of told they are ' God's chosen people''

hmmm

>Mysteries in general are kind of cultish
No they're not.

Actually many of their founders did not believe in the trinity. Also some of them do not, there are also non-trinitarian branches

cultorchristian.com/
trinitytruth.org/whoistheholyspiritellenwhite.html
remnantofgod.org/trinity.htm#sda
blog.lifeassuranceministries.org/2012/07/08/going-deeper-into-the-sda-trinity-doctrine/

I never got the disdain some Christians have for Mormons, at least they're not fedoras.

>The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church
and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority

From the 28 beliefs of the SDA.
They do all kinds of mental gymnastics to try accommodate and reconcile her writings with sola scriptura (though there's still the issue of having an extra prophet).
Also many of them claim to be ''restorationist'' in line with ''remnant.''
They also believe in soul sleep, a doctrine only shared with JWs.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/National_Sunday_law

It's the other way around desu. Christians view Mormons the way Atheists view Christians.

none fuck all of them they are all jew cucks.
don't be a slave to yhwh arise and kill god with me.

euphoric

Yes, they founders. In modern days they all believe in the trinity, and its their official position. I'm not even adventist, my gf is, and I don't even believe 100% in god, but I know pretty well they doctrine. A lot of websites give bad information. If you really have questions just go to the church and talk to them, you'll see its quite diferent to the things you see online, that happened to me.

I work with some and have SDA friends (who believe in the trinity, though they said they know some who do not and whom regard it as catholic paganism) but granted there are unorthodox factions in any denomination (there are also SJW LGBT liberal Adventist split sect). There are old 'traditional' non-mainline Adventists in the US who are nontrinitarian and claim to represent the original sect.
However some have interpreted the SDA trinity as being slightly different from conventional, which does probably not reflect the position of modern church which has taken actions to appear more orthodox.

They're all kinda cultish. Don't know much about SDA, but from what I understand about Mormons and JWs, they practice a strict excommunication (for lack of a better word) of people who stray from dogma or church practices.

I find JWs practices to be the weirdest. Don't celebrate birthdays or holidays, believe Christ "returned invisibly" in the like 20s and only those alive then are among "the elect"...

The more esoteric beliefs of Mormons are also bizarre though. Like that God was once a man. That alone I can't get past

leavingsda.com/seventh-day-adventist-cult/

youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU
youtube.com/watch?v=QzSwBsgHHXI

Heretics the lot of them.

Well, I can only speak about the churchs of my town... They are pretty orthodox, believing in the conventional trinity. I even remember the first time I went, they mentioned Ellen White A LOT less that I was thinking they were going to. I go to the church every saturday and I only listen her being mentioned one or two times, but again, it may just be the church I go.

Yes they are.

See: Mystery religions. And Christianity is a mystery religion.

*tips crown of thorns*