/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Chi Chi for DLC edition

Previously on /dbfzg/: >DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3uE-ygMB7KY
twitch
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518763617725.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=3uE-ygMB7KY

honestly I think it's all shit, it's fun to watch but in terms of being objectively "good" i think it's almost all pretty bad, except original dragon ball probably.

I can't get any games at all unless I allow 2 bars for matchmaking.

Team Tournament happening at Winter Brawl
Nakkiel team vs. Sonic Fox team live now

twitch
.tv/funkyp

How the fuck are base Goku and base Vegeta so popular in Japan? They're just less powerful versions of other characters.

That Trunks was nice

Yeah that's where I am as well. I was more saying it's strange to me that people legitimately enjoy past vegeta.

what episode was this from?

Sounds like you have a shitty connection.

>Sonic Fox
no thanks

>tfw love Blue Vegeta's moveset and aesthetic
>tfw have to constantly hear "OOP OOF DOOT DOOP OOF OOP"

I was going to say Nakkiel was going to his ass kicked. Turned out it was more like raped.

how can Sonic Fox be this good at so many different fighting games? is he a legit prodigy?

>"OOP OOF DOOT DOOP OOF OOP"
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518763617725.webm

Sonic Fox's black is terrifying

He's a gay furry. He's got some sort of mental illness that gives him superuman focus. Probably high-functioning autism.

That's a little racist isn't it?

I really want to get rid of Vegeta from my team but that damn assist opens up so many options.

He's really good at setplay games like this, and he's also good at figuring out effective tech and abusing it

actually i think it's the fact that hes a furry thats more terrifying

Can anyone really stop him?

i suspect he wouldnt be this bad ass if every japanese and american was gunning for a million dollar prize like they do in sfv. thats why i hope dbfz gets huge because all of them would play it it from every single community and it would be huge to see them all go at each other.

better then constant "DOUDA"?

Probably ChrisG, considering that chris absolutely demolished tatsu in that tourney a couple days ago

Chris G

That autism though

I'm honestly more scared of the hit.

I think the biggest issue here is that japs legit don't think DBFZ is a fun game, Dogura even said on stream he has no desire to touch the game again. I don't think it's because DBFZ is bad, it's just too simple compared to GG so it would look casualized to a GG player.

>that burning attack into Goku Black level 3
Jesus what a terrifying combo.

SonicFox absolutely bodies Nakkiel with a OCV

Why did people think Nakkiel so good?

Also, I don't think this game got an arcade release (correct me if I'm wrong though) which is a huge factor in Japan

I guess. I'm super anxious in general and i spent more time in practice than playing against real people.

>and i spent more time in practice than playing against real people
Then you keep fighting real people. There will be a point where everything just clicks and you can pull off the things you've trained consistently against anyone.

is GG bigger in japan?

what's an easy bnb for cell? I don't like learning combos that much, so i need something that works everywhere, corners and such, so i can focus on improving on more important aspects and let advanced combos for later

I mean it's not out of the question, it might get an arcade release down the road, they might be waiting for all DLC characters to be out.

Dogura plays and enjoys SFV and has since launch

IIRC it's the second biggest fg in Japan, only loses to SF.

he literally plays it every day, i watch him stream it and i suspect he will one of the top contenders at tournaments if the sfv players stay out of it like they usually do with anime games

Why does no one have faith in goobers and boobers

is it wise to swap my trunks/cell/vegeta with trunks/cell/black?
I'm still a beginner so i don't use vegeta assists as an extender that much and i absolutely hate how short his normals are

So /dbfzg/, are you rooting for the savior of earth himself to make it into the game?

I'd rather have his daughter. She's stronger than him anyway.

Mr Satan is the hero we need

absolutely

i'm still bafffled that they are seriouslly adding base goku and vegeta instead of people like satan and roshi

how would you make him sd and vanish? Jetpack and smoke&mirrors?

I'd also rather fuck his daughter. The Z version, not the lame Super version.

he probably is still playing because he expects some money to be in it, he's a sponsored player after all and needs something show since his performance in SFV hasn't been the best, but he did say on stream he doesn't think the game is fun

theres zero money and zero commitment to paid tournaments or anything from the publisher. they give out zenni to the winners of their little sponsored tournaments lol

yeah, or like a stunt double type thing. but yeah jetpack for sure, or maybe have videl carry him.

it's honestly too early to say that, wait until Evo at least, Tekken tournaments are super popular despite always being the same people winning

West Coast 1
Lobby 3
Ps4
Blue Baseball Yamcha
Pass is 7450

Is Blue Goku flat out better than SS Goku? Because I don't think SS Goku is a bad character at all.

the tournaments are already ultra popular im just saying there is officially no money to be made from them. hopefully that changes though.

If you're that new follow your heart bimmy. Black's assist is a beam, which are quite strong. Honestly just start randomly mashing your assist button. It'll occasionally snag someone and you'll start getting used to picking up stray assist hits over time.

>DBFZ is too simple for JP players

WHAT A FUCKING SURPRISE

>DBFZ is too simple for GG players

ftfy

Who cares?

I thought it is illegal to give out prize money in Japan.

Everything that isn't gg is too simple for gg players

>Android 18
>Vegeta
>Goku Black

Thoughts on this team? I have 2 great assists with my point character having good oki/setplay. Memeing with barrier too as well of course. Also Android 5L being low is lol because it catches bad players off guard

>>Goku Black

I think you should kill yourself desu

i've never played a figher before besides smash

if i buy this tomorrow and play every day would i be able to win evo

i'd be able to play like 12 hours a day for four months until evo

It is more meta to put black on point and 18 mid

Nah, Blue is just more offense-oriented. SS is more well rounded and has a better assist

Black isn't a very good anchor, his mixups are weak without assists.

If you play every day and actually focus on improving instead of fucking around, then you will improve and could possibly become a great player.

So who /dunk/ here?

Nappa/16/Bluegeta

Nicomaki's Trunks is so sick

no
Maybe if you live in SoCal or NY

>would i be able to win evo

no, you're already 20 years too late

who works best with frieza?

Which one of you fags is this?

It wasn't me but what is wrong with this?

people who play Black only do because they want an easy character, if they wanted a good character they would pick Cell instead

>implying Cell isn't easy mode

I have lost all but 1 of over 50 casual matches I've played this week.

nothing gets easier than this my man

Bluegeta doesn't really seem like a good fit for that team. Having 2 decent assists makes 16 so much scarier it's absurd.

Is Goku the most honest character?

16 point is degenerate and I love it

No, 21 is.

SS Goku, yes. He's the Ryu of the game

16 is unironically the most fun S+ tier character in a mainstream fighting game. Dunking people will never get old.

You're absolutely right. I only play team dunk in casual right now. I'm looking to make them my main team, but I'm going to switch out Bluegeta for either SSJ Vegeta or Black.

Nappa is super fun.

16 is fun as fuck, I don't care if he's top tier, if get gets nerfed I'll still play him.

>start round
>air command grab

If you use SSJ Vegeta with 16, you can use the assist to finish combos with 16's grounded qcf+L which gives you a flat-out 50/50 oki situation. Without SSJ Vegeta (or a corner + beam assist) you seemingly need to spend meter for a vanish to finish a combo with grounded qcf+L.

What is it that makes Trunks so cool? His voice is so gay.

Literally 1/4th the size of the Earth.

the jacket, the sword and the shoes

I always do assist LL MMM. Does the M autocombo not give a hard knockdown?

but black's biggest strength is being a good mid sometimes anchor for his assist and sparking teleport pressure. cell is always best on point.

And with SSJ Vegeta's assist, you can get 2x level 1s from Nappa in one combo.

>team dunk

I want to play this but I'd feel dirty playing 16.

I love baiting retards into spending all their meter on vanish.

God Tier
Themed Teams

High Tier
Favorite character teams

Mid Tier
Tierwhoring teams

Shit Tier
Pretending your tierwhoring team is your favorite character team and you aren't just tierwhoring

as a noob there is one thing i don't understand. Should i memorize as many combos as possible or just learn a few and basically set my game around them? Like it's ok if i only know a couple combos per character?

Or just pick both like everyone already does

just mash autocombo

I've never even payed attention to Trunks' shoes. Don't even know what they look like.