/rsg/ Runescape general

DXP HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,772,65989959
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/bank-rework-taster--gameblast--double-xp-weekend?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>February's Month Ahead
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-february-18
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15138505
twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/963826441447198728
reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/7zvb3y/i_aint_payin_get_rid_of_infinity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did... Did Port Sarim get an update?

Where else were there updates? I have been gone for so long I don't know what...

Is there any reason to save my protean bars? Are they changing them with the smithing rework?

catherby, port sarim, void knight outpost, possibly canifis depending on how long you've been away

>Where else were there updates?
taverley, catherby, white wolf mountain.

Anything post Invention. I stopped since it was too confusing for me and most of the stuff on it wasn't mine to touch as I gave the account to my brother when I went to play WoW.

yeah then probably just catherby and void knights outpost

No, use them asap.

you know what really fucking bugs me? how the wiki still has gigantic sections comparing every weapon above t70 even though combat was almost totally homogenized by EoC

like it made since before EoC when staff of light, chaotic staff, polypore staff, master wand, and zuriel's staff all existed and had different use cases but they kept them for some stupid reason and now every weapon page is overflowing in tons of garbage

From personal experience it makes it very confusing for new/returning players. These generals were 100% more helpful than some of the gear guides on the wiki

Yeah, they should at least put all of the similar stat weapons on the same row.

Best Protean, go:

strawpoll.me/15138505

During Dxp? Cog.

cogs

whatever you need more xp in

rewatching A Friend's Darkscape series is relaxing.

Do you ever feel like making a new account and starting from scratch? Possibly with bonds bought by your main account.

yes then I remember that I would have to do all quests again and the feeling goes away

Can someone examine the ghost for the ward task? I lit the torch and killed him before reading his examine description.

I felt like that, so I made a old school runescape ironman

pretty fun if i'm going to be honest

Yes, but then I remember ports, auras, and dung and quickly lose that feeling.

>ogres and goblins are there but no vampyres
come on

>quest point unlock shop that high
Get fucked questlets

The Amlodds have been activated.

>tfw u forgot to include spirit shards in your calculations

n-no!

rookie mistake, user

>the brunt of the cost
>forgot

Do you also forget planks for con?

I "prepared" right after last dxp and in my mind I had everything. Turns out I only had 60k shards

Well then I hope you're only going for 99 because otherwise there goes a chunk of your bank.

So what level should I aim for invention for leveling other stats?

And once again, no DK pet. Least I got 2 d axes, but honestly who does these for money anyway? 2nd threshold soon.

?

I am just joining after 2 year hiatus. Leveling my Invention at the moment. Wondering if there is a safe place to stop to try other stuff

Bars are great if you're 85 smithing or more, give about 60k xp every 5 minutes and super afkable

60k during dxp, with ava and a few pieces of blacksmith**
Forgot to mention

I HAVE 20 TREASURE HUNTER KEYS THAT I HAVE BEEN SAVING SHOULD I USE THEM NOW OR NO

you level invention while leveling other stuff, like combat, fishing, mining, etc

Yes!

Yeah, only 99. I was 96 so I didn't lose that much but I'm going to have to adjust some of my other goals

the fuck happened that made nightmare gauntlets go from 2m to 10m in 2 months?

drop rate reduced to 1/2000 on task, 1/10000 off-task
twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/963826441447198728
on release it was 1/256 and 1/1024

drop rates for t85s are pretty low

>talking about Trump, religion, veganism, and Bitcoin while skilling
DXPW is nice.

there's something about a girl in full bandos and a slayer helm that excites me.

what2do

how do I get gameblast tunic?

Whatever skill you hate most. Get thieving to priff levels because it's aids until that.

Is combining spirit dragonstones into an only worth it? I'd be using exclusively blue charms for the first one and crimson from there on.

Buy RuneCoins goy.

id say combine lower than dragon but stop at that

How old is this game by this point

Old. I turn 29 this year.

whey

g'morning anons
just completed a hitmanTM elusive target
already got my DXP goals
easter egg for breakfast
today is going well

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/7zvb3y/i_aint_payin_get_rid_of_infinity/

This is going to blow up

>i_aint_payin_get_rid_of_infinity/
i dont get it
and i aint visiting reddit
2/10 post
see me after class

some goy outbid everyone for a charity auction just to say they don't like some jmod being employed by jimmy

well at least it was for a good cause :^)

they have no intention of paying :^)

Why infinity though? He's far from the most damaging employee

I have no intention of dying, but that's gonna happen anyway innit?

no but ur mom will lol

>innit

do you happen to be from Flint

Maybe

>Page 8
post your current dxp wearings

fag

would it help if i told you i was training fletching,
by catching guthixian butterflies?

what's this about a survey

the annual big vote
just pop into the community tab and start clicking on whatever things you like

page teen
page doctor teen
we need his steady hands to administer the doings

5k pots left. Pet ain't happening

>looking for world with portable fletcher next to the lumbridge chest
>go to world 105 because it has a lot of people
>get bombarded by finns
i thought everyone just spoike english on every world
fastest hop of my life

I would recommend RC but Abyss with skull doesn't work with DXP and may be faster than x2 Runespan anyway,

>going to reddit
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

/v/ and Veeky Forums have been literally plebbit for years

are you new? going to reddit is pretty much obligatory if you want to know anything about rs3 these days since jagex posts and reads that site more than their own fucking forums which they don't give a rat's ass about, that includes requests to change something in the game as well as bug fixes which jmods tend to respond quickly. I don't like reddit either but it's the truth, Jagex likes that site more than anything and it's where all the ninja updates come from pretty much. Cut your childish, hivemind, treehouse mentality of "eww cooties!".

It's still no excuse for "huhh hurr wow look at reddit they said something dumb" posts.

I bet you think /osg/ vs /rsg/ threadwars are so much better right?

I don't like either of them but somehow both are going to exist no matter the prevalence of other your quadruple nigger.

those literally do not happen unlike redditors invading so by virtue of not existing, yes they are better

>those do not happen
>ignoring the last week of osrs fags coming in to bait responses

>ignoring the fact that if you want any relevant information you go to reddit
>all guides and useful help in rsg have been dead for a long ime
>ignoring the fact that most of the inner circle have known reddit accounts

This truly is the worst timeline.

raids aren't wars. only /osg/ is at fault.

I'm sure this is some form of logical fallacy. 'You say X is bad so you must think Y is so much better' as though it's impossible to dislike both retarded things.

We only raid you fags when you raid us.

reminder that any boil that appears on your skin might be staphylococcus aureus and lead to necrotizing fasciitis, so don't sit around too much and walk from time to time!

People on the /v/ boards say such retarded things so frequently that we've found fallacies that they don't even have a name for yet.

(You)

i'm hunting grenwalls for the first time, at the spot south of the elf camp. is it me or are there not that many grenwalls here? feel like i'm catching a lot more pawyas than what i expected.

So cute. I've seen this before but could never get a source. Do you have more similar things?

Also make sure to stretch. Stretching can be more helpful than walking in some cases. Even just simple hamstring stretches you can still do while sitting down.

best place to capture them is in the private area you can access with those chinchompa minigame tickets

Oh shit it actually happened.

Should have pressed B. Venusaur isn't nearly as cute.

Were you the 30k pots dude? Grats.

Yeah, thats me. 2,4k pots left.

now go for RC pet

I have it. I was thinking about crafting next

desu that, the RC one, and your new Herb tortle are the only good looking ones. The rest are eh.

Don't you talk bad about my Ghostly.