/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 4.1.0 for eventual kernel (3.0.0 for Homebrew)
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481
[Feb 4] If you want to get into Switch hacking, this PoC exploit might be of interest to you. github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/commit/196e5b45961737b8b85854cf8412627e3ccfcddc

>PS4
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX/
youtube.com/watch?v=_kPRrm9PB2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Retroarch should be getting filesystem support tomorrow

>TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing
wtf

Suck his dick boi.

For RGUI or the entire thing or?

Reposting since new thread:

Switch CFW development's happening completely in the open, you can watch it progress here: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX/

Past few days I implemented Package2 (FIRM/Built-In sysmodule) loading, and wrote the firmware that initiates sleep mode. Sleep mode firmware is tested and confirmed working on hardware.

Right now, I'm working on interrupt management code.

Probably just making it so retroarch can save/load games and load roms from sd. This guy is just working on file system support for lib transistor. Gui will probably need to wait till the retroarch team releases it.

Thanks, sorry it didn't get added this time, but it will. And thanks again for hanging out with /hbg/. Would you say there's little reason to stay on 3.x now?

If you're on 3.0.0, stay there. Otherwise if you're on 3.0.1/3.0.2, there's not much reason to stay. But if you do update, *stay on 4.1.0*.

Good, thanks. Does 3.0.0 have more than Homebrew to hold on for? I'm on 2.x, so trying to decide if I need Pokken for anything.

2.0.0-3.0.0 are all the same as far as cfw availability's concerned. Only reason to update to 3.0.0 is if you want to play with HBL immediately, since you won't get CFW any later.

Guess Plailect was semi-accurate on the timeline in that case. Perhaps our safe firmware line should reflect cfw is coming to 2.0.0-3.0.0 sooner than 4.1.0.

stay on 3.0.0

It looks like you're getting work done fast. I would have no idea how to go about writing stuff like this.
It should also reflect that 1.0.0 is the best

Alright, the next OP should probably read

Switch: 1.0.0 soon, 2.0.0-3.0.0 upcoming, 4.1.0 eventually (3.0.0 for Homebrew)

How long til I can hack my SCHP-3000 PS3?

What's latest switch fw anyway. Could I go and buy a retail switch from wherever and get < 4.10?

For a very? limited time, you can update directly to 4.1.0. After that we may need a game cartridge or something. No clue if you will get a 3.0.0 switch, probably not.

iirc 4.0.1 is the highest on the market currently

There's a 2.0.0 up on ebay for $310 right now, want the link?

>Wii USB Helper
>"Viewtiful Joe"
>Only VJ2
Well that's a bummer

Turns out the switch bootrom exploit works on the Ouya.

RIP Ouya, 2013-2018.

What works better for GC on Wii U, injected games or Nintendont?

injected gc games IS nintendont its just a forwarder

Oh okay, thanks

Which one will be released first, PS3 3xxx/4xxx, Vita 3.67 or PS4 5.xx?

Or a better question, which one of these will be released at all?

I was going to get one of those but they don't know what an exchange rate is, just swapped out the currency symbols and called it a day.
I could have a single unit imported from the US for less than it retails here.

Who here has all the main systems including a Switch but don't have a PS4? Literally only 2 games on it.

Whats the deal with freeshop now?

Xbox One is in the same spot.
I only bought a PS4 for Monster Hunter, kinda regret it now.

This gen Sony and MS are just shit.

Now if only anybody had ever bought an Ouya, a single person might care.

don't have xbox one, literally no reason to buy one

PS4 at least has a few exclusive games

I forgot the xbone existed, yeah I don't have one.

Whoopee. I mean considering the Ouya is Android-based, how's it much of a big deal?

think about all the ouya exclusives you will be able to pirate

Someone please update vita pastebin

You already can pirate any Ouya game, you don't even need to play it on an actual Ouya...

Who is this jail bait?

this deserves a (you)

I was gonna shitpost about it getting emulation but doesn't it already support most android emulators

With the way things are going for the switch, "Install Gentoo" is going to be a viable option soon.

What kind of hombrew is available for the Switch right now?

retroarch
youtube.com/watch?v=_kPRrm9PB2g

Retroarch, Tic Tac Toe, and a port of vgmoose's Space Game for the Wii U
More interesting stuff is bound to come soon

Anyone willing to test whether it works on the Drive PX?

Are they still selling 2DS that are at a low enough firmware that I don’t have to do any soldering bullshit? I believe someone said that the Mario packages were good, but that was like a year ago.

You don't have to do any soldering regardless if you aren't a retard, but looks like the jury's already out on that one.

new library

WiiMednafen vs Retroarch on Wii?

SUPER SLIM WHENNNNNNNN

>PS4 5.xx?

5.X will never be able to run backups, 4.05 - and some 4.07 games will be the limit, not even firmware spoofing can fix this. I have no clue about Vita shit, and PS3 3xxx and Super Slims will eventually get CFW but who the fuck knows when.

>I have no clue about Vita shit
3.67 is getting released next year at vita end of life.

>5.X will never be able to run backups, 4.05 - and some 4.07 games will be the limit, not even firmware spoofing can fix this.
Print screened and saved for later this year.

Does this Tegra exploit have any real world security concerns for my Shield TV? It’s basically only used for playing local content in Kodi.

With physical access they could use your device, how horrifying, Also it won't be released so they'd have to find it themselves.

Are there any emulators in NRO format?

If I have b9s updating is safe regardless of luma version right?

Yes.

Nope local content. Just dont use it for webbrowsing

Just got my splatoon bundle with 3.0 time for retroarch.

i recently pirated my PS3 after making the mistake years ago of updating pass 3.60
i kinda remember some of the methods and stuff but there are a LOT of new things from what i've seen so just a couple of question
i downloaded DeS, RDR, Dante's Inferno and Ni no Kuni on a 64gb Flashdrive, i run them from there just fine with multiman, but is there a way to install them and stay in the XMB like a psn downloaded game?
also what are some exclusive PS3 titles i should play does anybody have that pic with all the ps3 exclusives in categories?

MOMMY I WANT MY 3.67 ENSO AND MAIDUMP NOWWWWWWWWWWW

>pirated my PS3

I read over that writeup someone posted last night. Felt like a retard trying to understand it. All I could gather was they glitched it to get the bootrom and keys? Currently can also run custom bootrom code?

Someone add this to the OP next time.

Not really. His wording almost sounds like years, but ScriesM says probably a few months after 3.0.0

Its verry similar to the xbox rgh. I just wish i knew where they soldered to the jetson board

They glitched it so they could dump the bootrom binaries which can then be put through a disassembler to figure out how it works. They used that information to find an exploit. If I'm understanding correctly.

?

Im betting on it being a power line trace. But where would that be. Also what chipwisperer version did they use im in the market for one.

You might be able to get that out of one of them on Twitter or in the discord.

I have some experience with fpgas and microsoldering. But im building my tool set slowly. Logic anilzer / o scope , fpga, chip wisperer ect. Shits expensive as fuck so i plan on grabing tools when econimicly viaible.

Is there a way for me to transfer/inject DSiWare save files?
Checkpoint doesn't show the DSiWare title I wanna backup.

So where is this compile retroarch shit with libtransistor

How do i put retroarch on my 3.0 switch? I did the install and run thing. I wanna test a ps1 and n64 cores on it. Is this possible yet?

I want to do that too but n64 and ps1 no go. I want snes and nes and shit. I can not find a lot info on it right now.

I found my old MicroSD that I used when I was using Emunand, I want to salvage it, what should I use to format the emunand partition?

I'm pretty sure those 2 don't work yet.

Man im losing my patience with the fucking 3.65 wait. Dont even get me started with the 3.67. Flow stop being a fucking faggot and release the damn 3.65 that you're holding as hostage for epen strocking

If I install a forwarder to play GC games, can the GC games be on my regular Wii U hard drive, or do they still need to be on a specific Wii hard drive

A Nintendont forwarder would need the vWii hard drive. A VC inject would use the Wii U hard drive.

Thanks

>but is there a way to install them and stay in the XMB like a psn downloaded game?

No, not unless they are .PKG files to begin with and those can only be installed to XMB. But if it's a folder format or ISO format game on an external drive you can easily transfer it to your PS3 Internal HDD through Multiman and games play better on the internal anyways.

Just google /v/ recommended PS3 for game suggestions.

If I can figure out how to actually put retroarch on there, I'm pretty sure I can get the n64 core to work.

You could always do manually through FBI by accessing ctrnand and going to title///data/public.sav. You could even use GM9 itself if you need to extract/inject into the public.sav archive instead.

I dunno if there's a dedicated app for that though.

My GC injects are on my Wii U external hard drive and nand. I dont have a seperate hard drive for Wii side.

The Nintendont itself is on the Wii side and on my sd card along with a few GC games I didnt inject/find injected.

So I have GC games on both my Wii U side, and my sd card.

I hope that helps.

>ctrnand

Fucking habit. I mean twlnand

I'm pretty sure the retroarch team doesn't have n64 working so I am very doubtful that a guy that can't even install it can get it working. I believe N64 would require graphics acceleration to run at a decent speed anyway and only Fail0verflow has got that working.

Someone said they need gpu lib or access and someone is working on a gpu lib or some shit.

thanks user
also is it posible to install DLCs now? back in 2010 i couldnt find a way

>mfw there's people on this thread right now who unironically believe that the PS3 3000 and 4000 models will ever, EVER be hacked

Please, tell me you guys aren't like this.

Maybe someday you never know , but I could care less. I got a og model with bigger hdd and got it all reballed.

Why do you people assume exploits are being held because of epenis? It's being done for your own good so you can play more games later.

t. attention whore

VitaTV 3.60 is so fucking comfy.

Where is a good source of nonpdrm games? I can't find individual downloads for them outside of the massive packs on ggn and other sites and I'd rather not be a part of a swarm with only 1 file out of 1k.

are there any good Yugioh ds games? 3DS or regular DS?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfI8elhzJW9XP9_A6KLx6AZpwP9vvWTal6i7NVwVWzs/edit#gid=597019973

Thanks, I used nopaystation for a few games but some such as Miracle Girls Festival do not have known urls.