/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Still no god bugs edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307707667
store.steampowered.com/app/581360/FoxTail/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give one good indie game that will make me feel like a hero when I play it

indie games are supposed to make you feel bad / sad

Six is not cool enough for glasses. That's why everyone loves Tanner more.

Please don't die this time.

Chroma Squad.
It's like a Power Rangers simulator, except you play the actors. So everything is over the top and people love it, and victory conditions are dictated by real life imperatives (Yellow has an appointment with his dentist, so you must finish quickly, or Green is sick and can't play).

I have fond memories of trying that game and making my heroes yell "DIE, FAGGOT" when calling their super powers.

Why is /indie/ deader than usual? Is everyone too busy playing some really good new indie game that I'm unaware of?

I've been meaning to try that one. I hear it just got a big update with a level editor or something.

I remember trying it a bit and enjoying it, even through it's not my kind of game.

BroForce

where do i found the pale ore?

Head to the left, there's a fake wall eventually. Then a bit of a hike and a boss fight.

Follow yourself.

thanks

Pfff...
Deadbolt?
Not a Hero?
Ruiner?
Hotline Miami?

Is Katawa Shoujo indie? Because I tried it, I played as I would act in real life, and apparently I got murdered by a conspiracy freak or something.

You don't feel like a hero in any of these.

A hat in time? If the gameplay, the characters or the soundtrack doesn't make you feel you're a hero on an adventure, I don't know what will.

Lisa the painful. To a certain extent. Lotta self sacrifice. Unless you prefer your loot

>ywn play OFF for the first time
>ywn play Ao Oni in 2010
>ywn find out there's tons of Yume Nikki fan games you haven't played yet
It hurts, anons, it really does.

It has its own general. I think it's one of the longest running and most populated generals in fact.

that being said, it is technically indie. it just doesn't really belong in /indie/.

>it has a fucking zeemaps page

How did I fucking know it would have one

>most populated
I refuse to believe that these cancer generals aren't just 3 autists that work in shifts.

What are some good games to play while I'm drunk and reclining on the couch?
Games with low skill requirements and simple gameplay without turning into a full-on walking simulator. The type where you play it until you beat it and then never feel the need to play it again.
Recent examples:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Grow Home and Grow Up
The Fall

Pretty much every Final Fantasy game.

Rain World is a beautiful and perfect game.

Heat sig. is such a fresh and lovely game, I keep finding new ways to go about things. What do you think?

"all indie games" is not a specific topic, read the rules and get the fuck back to /v/

Happy birthday Hollow Knight

It's been a year already? Last DLC when

I wanna lewd the hollow knight

Probably a bit, we still have both G&G and the hornet dlc to wait for. And that's not to mention that there may be more afterwards.

You're not wrong but you're not right.

Copy Kitty. You are a cat in a simulation training to be a superhero.

Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender.

It's hit or miss, but gameplay is very simple.

Niko is a beautiful and perfect kid

>A full year
Damn. And I'm still waiting on G&G.

/indie/ - cat games

page 10 bumpo

OneShot is not a cat game, it's a cute game.

Dead cats general

> friend recommends me Darkwood
> never heard of it, looks kinda decent i guess
> start playing it
> huh this is kinda spooky i guess
> start crafting shit, nearly die by a dog
> starts getting dark, figure there's a day and night cycle
> go hide out in my bedroom
> the darkness starts closing in on my room, start feeling increasingly on edge, no idea what the fuck is going on
> hear someone walking around somewhere outside my room
> mfw suddenly the door opens slowly

I don't recall a way to check which bosses are already dead hacking aside.

Dead generals general

There is only one thing left to be found and I'll be able to get anywhere on this cursed island.

As long as you are strong, nothing shall remain out of your might. If you are weak,
perish with the rest of them. I only hope you aren't perishable.

Holy shit Ar Tonelico. I was listening to Chronicle Key some hours ago. I miss this game.

The writing is the single most jrpg thing I've seen in years but the music is good, the art is find even if severely outdated, and I like the characters. The way maps work is kinda fuckin weird though.

Onward, to The Far Beach sanctuary.

What is it that you hope Isn't part of Gods&Glory.

Less specific to G&G but more related to any future HK content, I really hope they don't try to pull a 'Pale King was actually evil all along twist'. Between Dark Souls and 40k doing it I'm getting fed up with it. I just wan't a dark fantasy setting with a tragic ruler that wasn't selfish/evil/a jerk.

He was a big guy.

A lot of the bosses in that game are either piss easy or they make you a stain on the wall.

Ah, a salt grinder's safe haven. Buff, run, kill, return, repeat.
Mostly a matter of preparation.

I think the boss I had the most trouble with was that goddamn fucking dragon in that lightning place.

I'd rather enter pitchwoods from the other side.
Kraeken Wyrm? Hm, his fly-up attack could be outrun, you can jump to counter his tail attack and dodge his bites. I don't remember his weaknesses though. I think you find Phoenix Rondache somewhere in the castle, it upgrades up to 100 Fire Resistance.

Yeah, once I upgraded my fire resist it wasn't so bad.

Sanctuary first, gotta set a Stone Leader there to get more salt because The Coveted is counted for 2 bosses.
You should also have Blacksmith's Apron, gloves and boots by this moment.

That Omen Seeker mod is going out of control. Apparently people are stealing it and reposting it elsewhere? All because the guy likes big boobs?

Been playing though the Crimson Court DLC, I really like the districts. I found the best buildings to start building are bank + cartographer's base + athenaeum.

Bank gives you 5% interest of your current gold after every dungeon run.
Cartographer base increases the loot you get
Athenaeum buffs the antiquarian a little.

So you take an antiquarian as often as possible, to quickly accumulate money so you get more and more interest as your progress in the game.

I really like how the athenaeum gives you a stress heal upon interacting with certain curios, and I wish the other buildings gave the other classes unique interactions with curios too. Like maybe vestal and crusader getting a stress boost from interacting with holy items, or Hellion being a boost from alcoholic items.

>stealing a free mod

Do you mean the people are reuploading it and claiming they made it, or is the original artist still asshurt about the edits?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307707667
See for yourself the comments.

Did it get taken down? I wouldn't mind the loli one.

I'd be annoyed if it was taken down because of some pedophiles, but no, it's something else. A guy named MO made a "realistic body proportions" mod in which men are big, women are smoll, and he made it compatible with the Omen Seeker mod.
It's not an issue, but it became one when the guy who made the Omen Seeker mod told him to not to that, and MO just deleted the comment. Hence, drama.

How does a person do something like that and NOT think it will bite them in the ass?

Stupidity knows no shame. Or decency. Or self-preservation. There's a lot of things stupidity doesn't know.

I mean, calling a sex-based caricatured proportions mod "realistic" sort of red-flags the knuckle dragging, yeah.

What pisses me off is the attitude. A guy took some time from his life to make a mod, and he even put it online for free, but people want him to change it to fit their tastes. It's fucking disgusting, and it's just like deviantart when you have one good drawing who get spammed with "do my oc next" comments.

I'm also loving the designs for the monsters. The savage monstrous look contrasts nicely with the elegant and dandy outfits. I hope the upcoming DLC has similarly good looking monsters.

Judging by the description, the mod makes everyone "realistic" by giving them different heights instead of all the heroes being exactly as tall as one another. I think it just makes Omen Seeker taller/shorter instead of giving her a boob reduction.

Wanting him to change it for them is dumb, but there isn't anything wrong with editing it yourself. It's more or less the same thing as the reskin/recolor mods for the heroes from the base game.

Shortcuts are really underutilized in this game

HYLICS 2 WHEN???

nex machina

Nice bracers, Guide... Just like my Grim Bracelets I got for betraying covenants. Those were the days.

I translated this... but it's not very funny.

Some of the characters are in traditional characters for some reason. Can't guarantee I translated it accurately at all!

I wonder if there are many games where you can cosplay an NPC.

Ha, I get it. It's from top to bottom and left and right.

Dark Souls 2 has a NPC who only wears what you give them.

Somehow I managed to win my first game of Slay the Spire. The advice of was super helpful.
Demon Form was the main win condition and was really huge on boss fights.
Pretty sure I got crazy luck though, since astrolabe turned all 3 of the starters I transformed into rares (2 Offerings and a Demon Form).

Wasted.

Firewatch.
Gone Homo.
Dark Souls.
Whatever Slender game.

I want to play a shooter.

Does anyone have the soundtrack for Oneshot they can dump somewhere?

No.

Not a Hero.

>dat astrolabe

Glad I could help, recently won a Demon Form deck myself and got up to Ironclad Ascension 3.

Poor axe.

Wrong thread idiot.

I'm having fun with Dungreed.

/blog

I'm hype for Foxtail.

Just four more days of suffering.

looks like Rogue Legacy

What is it?

It kinda is, except you're rebuilding a village.

I'm getting mad at Not A Hero.

Point and click game inspired by older point and clicks, such as Escape from Monkey Island. If you liked those you may be interested in this.

store.steampowered.com/app/581360/FoxTail/

First episode is coming on Steam, also the owner signalized he will be releasing on GoG.