What is the cutoff age for when you should move out of your parents house?

What is the cutoff age for when you should move out of your parents house?

Other urls found in this thread:

graphics.latimes.com/powerball-simulator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When you try to avoid your dad

like 15

Cumulative 25 years. Living in student housing or an apartment paid for by your parents counts as living with your parents.

You can stay longer if you are paying rent at fair market rates.

When its profitable. You are a total loser if you view moving out as a life challenge.

whenever you feel like it or they force you out.

what? you feel like a baby? thats on you. no one says you cant bang girls in your bedroom. i mean, i never did but whatever..

seriously though, make sure you are financially independent.

And what, pay rent? No thanks, that chunk of change goes right into the stock market.

When you really want to leave and there are chances of you going fine by being at your own

Only advice I can give is to leave on good terms. Your parents want to best for you, treat them nicely and show them you've appreciated your upbringing.

16 if you're motivated and intelligent. 18 if you're a fuck up.

>tfw 24 and just moved back

no later than 22

>tfw screwed my relationship and had to move back in
>tfw 27

Should be back out by September/October though, I miss the freedom.

>tfw my time is coming up

>not having your parents move out

in Europe its more common to live with your parents forever

Usually after college, getting a job right out of your degree or with whatever trade you have picked up earlier.
My opinion is certanly skewed as an European, but the American attitude of "YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW AND PRETTY MUCH CRIPPLE YOURSELF FINANCIALLY FOR LIFE FOR NO REASON OF YOU'RE A PUSSY" always stuck me as retarded.

You got nothing to prove to anyone, move out when you actually have self-sustainability, not when you're just a glorified NEET because your societal culture is retarded.

21 or if you kardashian rich then 18.

Another great thread about business and finance.

That's because euros are cucks with no motivation

so 29 if you moved out for undergrad eh?
ill take that
shit my net worth would exceed half a million by then

>tfw 22
>tfw debt and no money

I have a "job", I only make money if I work and I haven't been working a lot recently. There is no excuse, I need to work harder.

>tfw college dropout

It really bums me out the position I am in and being 22. I feel so embarrassed. I don't have any friends, I'm not in school and my job doesn't involve other people. I really want to move out, and I could support myself but only if I worked really really hard. Right now I need to save up money to pay my mom back $2,000.

>tfw no gf

I feel like no girl would want to go out with me. Because I live at my mom's house and I feel so down about it. I feel like I'm too awkward. Over the past years and years I've been trying and getting less awkward. But even if I get "better" I still feel like I will never reach normal. I will never be able to pass as a normal person.

My plan is to win the lottery. If I win at least 2 million, I can put 500K in stocks and live off of $20,000 in dividends. I will move out of my parents house and I will tell NO ONE that I won. I won't tell my family or my old friends. I don't have any current friends. I will move into my own apartment and I will use the remaining 1.5 million to

1) Invest 1 million into various crypto and forget about it for 5 years.

2) Start an online "cult" of sorts where I help people overcome their problems. They will look up to me like a God and it will be weird. I will charge $5,000 for "cleansing" sessions. All of us will be vegetarians.

3) Hire a financial manager that makes sure I don't go over budget. This guy is my only friend and the only one who knows I'm a secret millionaire cult leader.

4) Phase 2: Use the insane gains from crypto to start doing Elon Musk shit. My personal army of vegetarian cult members will help me create the world first mass-producible synthetic meat. It will be lab-grown meat, with the exact same nutrition as real meat, but without the huge cost in resources and animal suffering.

>My plan is to win the lottery.

What if I win?

nice blog

You're not going to win the lottery user.

And even if you did, I can tell from your post that you're too stupid to do anything worthwhile with it.

I live in a real populated city in texas, it's extremely common to know people past 25 who still live with their parents. I'm 20 and halfway done with college and refuse to not have my own place by 22.

I believe in you user, spend what ever you have left in lottery tickets.

Why don't you just plan to win 100 million then?

Best answer here.

>Supportive parents
Move out when you're rich

>Nonsupportive parents
Move out ASAP

Protip: Most rich people are supportive of their kids.

Terrible advice. I'm a recent college graduate and am saving about 35K a year after taxes. My peers on the other hand are always complaining about their bills and I can't imagine them saving more than 10K a year with rent being so high.

This, save up as much as possible. Obviously don't be a nigger, and help out around the house/throw SOME money at your parents even if they don't want it.

Luckily mine will let me do this indefinitely if I want.

Yeah I help out sometimes. It's worth helping out in the state I am in my career right now. Obviously I won't be doing my mom's laundry when I'm clearing 500K+ a year, but it's a small sacrifice doing chores right now.

I am savings 35K a year and investing almost all of it. All while living in a 600K house. It's really hard to be in that kind of a position as a 23 year old.

>stock market
>not crypto

Lel you dun goofed user

I'm almost starting to believe that, but not quite.

This, truly

If you don't move out 6 months after you graduate high school you are a waste of space and should consider the army.

Go join the Army for 2 years. You'll hate it but it will make you street smart. By 25 you'll be years ahead of your peers.

>Assuming your normalfag and not from a foreign rich family or something stupid

In Canadaland housing pricing is fucking through the roof. Second highest cost of living in the WORLD....

You are fucking stupid if you move out without A) Having a RELIABLE LONGTERM roommate/sibling/girlfriend/boyfriend that will guarantee cover HALF the living expenses on where you plan to rent or live. OR B) Are able to save at LEAST 2000$ a month AFTER taxes that is essentially liquid cash

I made the mistake of moving out earlier than I wanted because I had a good job. 1 year in I lost that job and spent the next 2 years living paycheck to paycheck.

Average cost of living for a student/entry level worker here in Canada is around 2000 a month. That is conservatively speaking too.

>What is the cutoff age for when you should move out of your parents house?
fuck that rent meme

My parents don't want me to move out despite knowing I'm rich, but not richer than them. I'm the only child so it's understandable although I don't want to get spoiled because I know how hard life is for the poor.

I moved out at 18

t.southern euro

>26
>Make $40k a year
>Live with parents

Even if I moved out I would just sit in my room playing vidya by myself why pay $1000 a month for that privilege when I do it for free now?

I moved out when I was 21. I worked for 2 years and saved up 95% of my income. Bought a 60m2 shitty shitty shitty apartment (rotten floor, 7 arabs lived in it). Had to change a lot but it was dirt cheap.

Only reason why I moved out was to invest my money and bc I went to uni.

There is no reason to move out unless youre in some way forced to do so. Stay home and save up income. Then invest all the income into ripples.

Well if you have a good Relationship with them, why would you not profit from your situation? Don't blame yourself about the other's poverty, that's useless and depressing.

I agree with this.
Also if you have a sibling who's a drug-addict and steals from you to sell your stuff --> MOVE OUT ASAP

>everyone my age is panicking because they can't afford to go to uni and save for a deposit AND move out at 18
>mfw 23, living at home with $50k in the bank

I really want to sympathize with other millennial's, but I just can't

>Bought a 60m2 shitty shitty shitty apartment
How much did it cost?

This. I have no friends and no gf. When I'm not at work I am in my room playing video games and watching movies. Not only would it be a waste having an apartment, but I feel like it would be super lonely and empty.

113k euros

That's why Europeans aren't having babies. Women want successful men who have their shit together, not mamma's boy cucks. Unless you're landed gentry living in an enormous estate which will pass to you as heir, GTFO of your parents' place.

Don't let your dreams be dreams, biggest jackpot was over $1 billion.

Ok, OP. Here's a lottery simulator that will let you play an unlimited number of lottery tickets ( .

graphics.latimes.com/powerball-simulator/
1. Take your earnings for the next ten years,.
2. bet it all and let is know how many decades before you come out $2million ahead

Adversity makes men, you fag
t. Still living at home at 20

How?

In all seriousness I'm 31 and still living at home. I get along well with my parents, help out around the house, and give them $500/month. I'm really not even interested in moving out as I'm unfortunately sterile so I can't produce a child and I'm uninterested in raising another man's child. I will probably move out when my grandfather dies because I'll buy his home just to keep from ending up having shitty neighbors(he lives right next door and I don't think anyone else in the family would be interested in living there) but I'd still come over to my parents just about every day.

Aren't you interested in Independence?

Noone is truly independent unless you're just innawoods or something. If you mean just living away from my parents just for the sake of it why would I? We get along well and at this point our relationship is closer to that of friends than parent/child. Living alone while doing the daily grind at work and coming home to an empty place sounds lonely and finding a wife sounds pointless without the capability to have a child.

>My plan is to win the lottery.
Well you never know...

There are alot of women; and maybe I'm just assuming your age here - that don't want children, and every year that number grows. But aside from that, what about the independence of just being an adult and doing adult things in your own space? Not judging here, to each their own. Or are you bad with women like I'd presume the majority of anons here are; so it doesn't matter?

I'm 30 and recently moved out. Honestly would have stayed longer if parents weren't cunts. Saved a good amount of money. Never really cared for other people's opinions and I found gfs who thought it was better to save money than keep up appearances. All in all, worth it.

Holup, isn't the whole moving out thing an American phenomenon? Most Asians and Latin Americans stay with their parents well into their late twenties or early thirties.

This

>help my dad out with his zany projects
>cut the grass
>cook dinner occasionally and clean around the house

In exchange I live rent free in the 2nd floor master bedroom.

It's a first world thing because third worlders can't afford moving out so early. North- and West Europeans also move out early

Elliot Rodger tried to use the law of attraction to win the lottery.

I've read his Manifesto multiple times, I will succeed where he failed.

>Honestly would have stayed longer if parents weren't cunts.
>Saved a good amount of money
Yeah, they're the cunts for not funding your savings plan indefinitely.

So how is one being successful by being a heir ?

As a true Veeky Forumsnessman, you should recognize that you should fully capitalize on every asset available at your disposal.

Stay as long as possible, disregard whatever effect this has on your social standing as friends and women are also essentially drains on your resources.

I'm pretty decent with women, I've had women ask me out before and all and had no issues getting turned down or anything when I was still dating. I've just always had a pretty low sex drive and that's only went down as I've aged so its not something I miss.
>what about the independence of just being an adult and doing adult things
I am an adult and do adult things, I am confused about what you mean by this.

I did until 27, 29 now and have a 250k portfolio. The only people who left home early and seem to have any net worth are the ones who buy a house and rent it out

>Stay as long as possible, disregard whatever effect this has on your social standing as friends and women are also essentially drains on your resources.
But how will you be a true Veeky Forumsnessman without connections and hoes?

How will your spend your money?

Easy to make those once you're rich.

I'm 28 and live at home. I got a good excuse though, it's normal in my culture

In this day and age you should try to divorce them before you become a teenager.

>4 year degree
>29

50. You don't want to come home one day and find your mom's corpse like me. Reply to this post or she will die in her sleep tonight.

>2) Start an online "cult" of sorts where I help people overcome their problems. They will look up to me like a God and it will be weird. I will charge $5,000 for "cleansing" sessions. All of us will be vegetarians.

TOP KEK

Don't listen to these retardos spouting baby boomer memes.

The average cost of a home compared to the average salary has gone up something like 350% since 1960.

It is retarded and wasteful to start out your life as a slave to a landlord/bank if your parents have space.

lol looser enjoy being a virgin for life

The "move out at 18" meme is a marketing ploy on par with engagement rings.

this tbqh famalam. living with my mommy and i have a bf too. feels good desu.

I live with my parents currently. My plan is to buy some land then buy an rv and live rent free on my land. To me this is the quickest cheapest and easiest way to move out while continuing not having to pay substantial rent.

lmao redneck white trash piece of shit

>Be a poor shitskin
>Awww its okay its not your fault you're poor the government will take care of you! They owe you anyways for being racist!

>Be a poor white person
>Redneck! White trash! Loser!

im 29
hot girlfriend, 70k saved up.

65k a year job now and moving up.

thanks mom and pop.

lol, redneck got triggered

holy shit. this thread and 1 other on the front page are currently the only ones visible to me. every other thread is auto hidden due to my memecoin filters.

this board's quality is high.

>Move to your own place.
>Maybe get to stick your penis in something wet occasionally until you're completely trapped and get married or have kids.
>Live paycheck to paycheck with unhealthy amounts of stress.
>Society views you as normal

vs.

>Stay at home
>Do a few chores around the house each day (Probably an hour out of your day max)
>Save money
>Do whatever you want with the money
>Society views you as a loser.

It seems like an easy choice if you have any control over your sex drive at all.

>almost 30
>less than six figure income
>thinks this is successful

No it isn't. Rent and food isn't that much.

giggled

do what's right for you. asking questions on the internet only to be judged shows that you can't make your own judgment. you have to do what's right in your own circumstances. if anybody laughs at you for doing what you do, then they don't know you

me: 21, moved out at 18, almost finished a double degree in law and commerce and have a law grad job lined up. as "great" on the outside as that may seem, dont fucking sweat what people tell you bud

What's crypto.
Not bait btw I really wanna know

24 if you go to college, 18 if you don't. Anything later is hilariously pathetic.

>b-b-but you save money living with your parents

Yes, but you get used to being coddled, which is the bigger fuck up.

shut up just kill urself faggot

>t. mommys boy