Freemasonry

I want to become a freemason, build up in ranks my whole life and leave a legacy for my children and their children.

How do i become one?

Can anyone just become one? or do you need a certain privilege?

Other urls found in this thread:

grandlodge.gr/
lmgtfy.com/?q=freemasonry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are a few requirements, but you mainly have to find two freemasons and get them to vouch for you. And you have to ask to join, they can't ask or recommend it to you.

>or do you need a certain privilege?

lol no.

>find two freemasons and get them to vouch for you
^This.

Find your local lodge, find the date of their normal meeting, and wait in the parking lot. When people come out, calmly and non-creepy like, ask to speak with the Most Worshipful Master. Explain to him that you don't really know any Freemasons and would like to apply.

That should show some initiative in your part.

You have to believe in a "higher being" or creator of some kind, so you have to be at least a deist. But keep in mind, there is a reason people view it as a cult—the deeper you get in Freemasonry, the weirder and more esoteric it gets. You'll have to swear oaths to a bunch of weird ass shit by the end of it.

Really that depends. American lodges are really lax about the qualifications for "Deism" and "Creator".

I know some American folks who'd get booted from any other UGLE sanctioned outfit.

In either case Cryptic Rite requires you be a Christian.

I live in Greece and i am from albanian origin(i would likely want to look for one here, since it feels more appropriate)

this could be hard since people in the balkans are more secretive.

on the other hand, i could probably bribe me into the fraternity.

I believe in a luciferian figure that is a companion of man and gives him free state of mind, but i also believe in a all good god that gives us a choice to either obey him or obey lucifer, i have a conflict with my beliefs and sometime i favour the first over the latter.

Does this belief count?

>Greece
I don't know what the lodge situation would look like in your country.

The Grand Orient takes atheists and you'd probably get away with bribing someone, but if you tried that shit in any UGLE connected lodge you'd immediately get blackballed.

Why do you wish to become one?

If you seek titles or honours, stay away. You may receive them. And it will do you harm by aggravating your flaws.

If curiosity sways you - stay away. It will burn you.

If you seek power or wealth - stay away because you may receive them. And you may not know the costs.

You shouldn't do every thing just because you can.

To answer your question - sure - almost everybody can join, And mostly everybody does. If that's an worthy indicator for you, then you should reevaluate your motifs.

While your impulse may be noble for your children's sake, the legacy of the Brotherhood is not having one.

Pride is not a legacy.

>the legacy of the Brotherhood is not having one.
14th degree of the Scottish Rite (translated from Spanish and Dutch comasonry rites, I dunno the UGLE convention off the top of my head).

>D \ M \ provides Kand \ the ring: Get it ring as a sign of the covenant that you have closed today with Virtue and the virtuous. Promise me, dear Br \, so you never get rid of in your life. And to him, after your death, to leave it to your wife, your oldest son, or your best friend.

Truth?

I was a mysterious and a inspiring legacy for my children.

I want my grand-grand-grand children to look back in the books and say "wow, my grandfather was a stoic mason!" instead of living my pointless life as a programmer barely making money for my kids and my legacy being nothing but degenerate and not worth remembering.

>I was a mysterious and a inspiring legacy for my children.
see

And if I like to listen and think a lot, talk and debate a bit? Is it a good reason to become a free mason?
How do I chose the obedience?

I believe politics and religion are forbidden within the lodge.

There are two faces to everything in this world.

One is false
There other is falser.

Your motivations and your heart may be at it's right place, but you should educate yourself about what an initiatory society means before goings heads in.

Being a freemason is not a quality, nor is it an honour. It means employing yourself towards an eternal work. And if you steal the start, you may end up burned along the way.

Once a mason, you will never be out. Remember that. Study your country's religious teachings and compare them to masonic concepts. See how you feel.

You must come willingly and it would be best to be well-informed.

Sure - you can do it just for fame, "legacy", and wanting to stop being a no-one. But rain falls the same on all of us. And time will wither all that is - sooner or later. So why would it matter for you?

You need to focus on "now"; not do things in hopes of attaining what you think is glory over the years. Truly glorious people who have offered humanity great gifts in knowledge and work are today forgotten. Do you think your work will surpass theirs?

Do you think that in a world with 7 billion people and tens of millions of masons, anybody is going to publish a book with your name in it just because you we're a member on paper? And would that truly matter to you?

In the end, i am sure that either way - joining the Brotherhood will enrich your life - even if you will be ignorant of the deeper implications of the work you are engaging towards.

But joining means believing in the eternal life of the soul. And you should really think about what that means if you vow things you don't believe in - but they turn out being real after your death.

You are positively right. But what OP meant by "legacy" is in my opinion totally different from what you are pointing there.

Sure - the brotherhood's teachings and some people there will surely enhance your life and make you a better man.

Listen - what I've said is my advice for you as far as deeper implications go. If you are interested in that or if that triggers you in some way - then good. If not - still good.

The Gates of the Temple are open.
But you must come willingly and "free".

Being "free and willingly" does not mean bribing your way into the Brotherhood, nor doing it for "fame". Just as an example - wanting fame means your conscience is not "free".

Search out. Seek out your local Lodge. Inform yourself directly. And then take a decision.

I'm french, and one of our biggest lodge holds conference about secularism, republic vs islamism, geopolitics.

Either way, discussion about philosophy or history is fine too, for me. I'm just more prone to listen than talk.

>french
Which means you're under the jurisdiction of the GOdF which has different protocols and landmarks than the UGLE affiliated lodges.

>french

You guys have a whole different flavour of masonry there, lads.

>Being "free and willingly" does not mean bribing your way into the Brotherhood, nor doing it for "fame".
I don't really want "fame". I already have been active in some associations and been part of some projects, people make a big deal of it but it was only to help someone I liked, not to feel important or whatever.

>Search out. Seek out your local Lodge.
That's my problem. There are so many lodges and flavor. I'm still trying to figure out where I should start

Is it a bad thing?

I'm not OP, by the way

>Is it a bad thing?
I don't think so.

would probably disagree.

How would you describe the difference between french and ugle-masonry?

>156
Different landmarks.

They'll take atheists and hold open discussions on politics and religion. Often they'll recommend political candidates that they like.

There are also minor differences. The Book of Law in UGLE defaults to the bible. The Book of Law in GOdF defaults to a blank book, else cycles through religions (I've seen a number of pics with the Gita).

>>Is it a bad thing?
Yes. The french are all about liberalism/libertarianism.

> tfw a stranger gives you the handshake

>tfw you get out of a traffic ticket because you have Freemasonic ring but aren't a Freemason
Also, iirc, Duncan's Ritual is massively outdated.

Nope, I do not disagree.

I just see it as a very different thing - not a bad thing.

I don't believe that just by discussing politics and religion in a lodge you blow up the house.

But the fact that they accept atheists and somewhat focus their debates on "wordly" topics for me shifts the theme a lot. Like it changes some things retroactively.

Freemasonry in it's "regular" mode interdicts those topics because politics and religion are the main prejudices which separate humans. And are not only irrelevant from an initiatory standpoint; they are harmful for the Order's framework.

So I just think that the GO stuff is hybridized with profane motifs. And given the fact that "regular" freemasonry is already diluted a fuckton from ancient mystery traditions..well, that's why I find french masonry somewhat separate.

That's a more reasonable position than I see from some other UGLE folks.

I joined clubs and made forts with the kids in my neighborhood. We had mock initiations and had some stuff we would say sort of like a motto or anthem

I am glad I didn't grow up to be such a faggot. Can you imagine doing such business as an adult?

>tfw want to be a mason but it seems that in your thrid-world backwards country there are literally THREE different branches claiming to be the one true (or something like that)

When in doubt find the UGLE/USGL (though USGL is subordinate to UGLE) affiliated group.

Grand Orient can range between "good and engaging" and "fuck this cult shit". Grand Lodges tend to be a bit more boring but weird cultish behavior's *almost* (but not quite) unheard of.

welp indeed the oldest one seems to be the one recognized by UGLE.
Thanks for the tip, Ape.

they have literally a "please fill this form if you're interested in becoming a mason and we'll check" buttom on their website though.

I dunno how it works where you are, but generally an unprompted contact will have a affiliate or two either run by your home or otherwise meet with you for a chat, just to get to know.

This sort of thing can be awkward if you're a sphaghettilord, hence my recommendation here for making first contact. It 'gets your foot in the door' more reliably.

If you know people in the group, just ask them.

It's not the first time I see you giving the same advice on how to contact, I was just a bit surprised by the online form thing.
I mean, I know it's not hard to enter (due to your explanations, monstly) but I wasn't expecting to be so modern.
Anyway I can hold my spaghetti well so I guess I'm good to go

>I live in Greece
Email these chaps. grandlodge.gr/
>Does this belief count?
You'll have to discuss it with the lodge you aim to join, but it's a toughie. Like, that's kind of in conflict with Masonic teaching, where God (non-specified) is considered the creator of all things, and grants free will and knowledge.
But if the lodge is cool with it, you're in.

>I dunno the UGLE convention off the top of my head).
Yea, sadly we, and basically all of Europe don't do that. It's straight to 18th, but there's nothing stopping you getting a 14th ring. We just don't have the ceremony like the Yanks do.

Yea, it's as good as most.
And if you're religious (have a belief in God), you contact the Grande Loge National de France.

Regular Masonry, not just UGLE, because France has regular lodges too. So basically that's the legit side, where you're reasonably safe as regards what you're joining.
But there's the Grand Orient de France side where they push politics (telling you which way to vote, and they're very liberal), let in women, atheists, and defectives.
They change the ceremonies too, so it's quite different from Freemasonry.

There is no USGL.

bump

>USGL
There's no autonomous USGL by that name but you yourself admit that American lodges are fucky in ways that make the UGLE sigh. For matters of convenience in these discussions, there may as well be.

>Also, I got way too used to saying "USGL" while in the OTO.

Fair enough. Thought you meant the newest iteration of a (mostly black) group calling itself USGL.
And yea, Septics be crazy, but at least they maintain the landmarks.

so is this like legal mafia or something

lmgtfy.com/?q=freemasonry