/wtg/ - War Thunder general

Niggers on a tank edition

Previously, on /wtg/ >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/5353-video-the-shooting-range-ep-84-en
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Template:Mk214a_belt
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Template:ShVAK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for old

mutt genocide soon?

systematic slaughter of every slav and chink when?

r8 my deck

based general edition

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS!

Don't forget
>F4 won't come with gunpod stock
>Aim9 will be shit, meaning it will be painful grinding or shekel up for GE
>either we only get the first iteration of the 20mm gunpod for the F4, which was shitty compared to the revised version
>this will be reflected in game with accuracy and jamming, see AN/M3 ))))
>or we get both but the revised one isn't much of an improvement

ty bby

roll

(You)

I hope next week they're only going to have plane devblogs

Are these the worst planes in the german tree?

I hope tomorrow devserver opens

No, they're good little money grinders.

>play P-39/P-63
>the 37mm is really good provided you are able to land it
>realize 37mm cannons are a caliber used by quite a few slav planes
hmmmmmm

yes
>has two engines
>still has the acceleration of a freight train and the maneuverability of a bus
the only saving grace is the armament

Explain yourself. Why wouldn't I play the do217s if I wanted to make shekels?

T29 7.0 when

Reminder that the russian is a spiteful, pathetic and inhuman creature who is an existential threat upon the human race and that it is the sacred duty of every citizen of the world to to do them harm in whatever capacity he or she may possess, such that we may eventually bring about an end to their verminous species.

>use an american 20
>it goes everywhere but on target
:thinking:

Soviets had lend lease p-400s

>21 posts in
>thread is already shit
stop making new threads
let /wtg/ die

well, at least there is no clan drama in this general

>stop making these posts
>stop criticizing our game
>back to official gul..forum with you

Because killing tanks and the rare light pillboxes is way more dosh.

we're just 20 posts in user

who are these tyt niggers that shit up every game

They're talking about the muttposting shitting everything up. Don't be a stupid nigger.

>high caliber gun does damage
woah..
besides slav 37 is far superior anyway

Still better than =UA=

>Don't be a stupid nigger

>mutts come home from government mandated interracial breeding program
>thread goes to shit
like clockwork

>if i post a picture of a funny looking mongrel, maybe people will give me (you)'s!

(you)

How long does the devserver stay open for?

>>high caliber gun does damage

O I am laffin

So why did we adopt mutt posting? I thought that shit was reserved for /pol/ or /int/

When?

>ap shells

Usually stays open a few days, if not an entire week
I don't fuck around in the devservers so I don't keep track of how long they stay up
(((SOMEONE))) realized it was a good way to fuck up discussion about the game and exposing the bullshit, which inevitably led to discussion about how subhuman and kike-ish the devs and other gaijin staff are

Those are HE, the APs have a different color.

>visible explosions
>ap shells
imagine being this retarded

+4 GE!
You can see them exploding in the first webm.

What the fuck
That's even worse than when "Flying Fortress" wasn't just a meme
Who the fuck thought these damage models were okay?
At least that makes my stupidly lucky shot slightly more impressive in that I had even stupider amounts of luck than I originally thought

Is that an old screenshot? The 50mm used to do genuine 1-hit-kill damage to any target no matter where it hit

IIRC it's from 1.75 or 1.73, can't remember which exactly
I'm pretty sure it's from this year, though, if I can decipher the filenames Steam gives screenshots correctly

>yfw some idiot either in game or in this will claim it's at least stillngreat for attacking fighters
Is shooting down spitniggers with a 50mm cannon fun? Yeah of course it is, but good luck doing it to someone competent. Speaking of shitty things, isn't the narwhal about as expensive as the 262-A1 at 25k SL to repair?

these shitters need to go, NOW.

But I can still do that better with do217 than the d0-335

>look mom I lit a single engine on fire

unless you're a SHITTER 1 hit is all you need

>cannon jet cancer
>Calling anyone else shitters

>posting fake ass vids again in an attempt to screech "muh shills" at people that attempt to disprove you

The narwhal costs 9k to repair. It's decent against props, but they all outclimb you massively so you need their permission to fight them.

262/50 is 9321 to repair spaded
262A1 is 24450 to repair stock

>It's decent against props, but they all outclimb you massively so you need their permission to fight them.
by far the most retarded thing I've ever read

>fake ass vids

Incredible. I have never seen such shilling before. It's like... it's trying to re-mold reality in order to shill better.

>he climbs in his jet like he does in his props
shitter spotted

god's work

sorry Vickers, nothin' personnel..heh...

i really REALLY like this picture

You can climb any way you want in a 262, you won't be outclimbing griffon spits and bearcats.

+100GE!

>implying altitude at all fucking matters when you're 200kph faster
are you the same type of nigger who side climbs in 9.0 jets and thinks speed means nothing

What exactly are you going to do with your 200kph extra speed when the enemy has 4km more altitude?

>what is evasive maneuver
Good God you're a shitter.

oh I don't know, outrun them and remain completely untouchable even when they dive on you, then after they burn their speed in that dive you zoom climb and gain an easy advantage you fucking retard?

+2 GE and 15% RP booster (1 battle)

>speed means nothing
I've yet to see someone who can outrun bullets. You can stay out of a bullet's range though

>fake ass video
could you explain what is exactly fake? I"ve had this happen against players in G8's, so I wouldn't mind knowing what part of the vid is seemingly photoshopped

The 262/50 can stay 100% untouchable and ground pound to victory if he plays well enough. It doesn't matter how high up those props are, if you stay above 850 kph they will never be able to touch you even in a power dive. And if you absolutely insist on getting an altitude advantage you can still sideclimb in jets

ANY OF YOU FUCKS SEE THE FLYING PANCAKE IN THE NEW SHOOTING RANGE VIDEO

warthunder.com/en/news/5353-video-the-shooting-range-ep-84-en

16 MINUTES IN

I wonder how much it costs Gaijin to hire Indians to monitor & shill these threads? I think minimum wage in India is like pennies per day

You can tell from some of the way they spell words, it's like old English learned from British textbooks

Not exactly photoshopped, but he is moving the goalposts by using either APHE or mineshells as ammo, when the regular HE has more damage potential than both and that's what you should be using

>old footage from the april fools episode
nothing new desu

>france still paired with germany and russia

oh fuck seriously

I thought they were tongue-in-cheek revealing it for real

fuck me

The "regular HE" has a fucking 550 m/s projectile speed (minengeschoss is 920) and is only available as every third round in the default belt. And no, it does LESS damage than the minengeschoss, not more.

>germany and italy still paired with russia in jet matches
>germany can't be paired with US/UK in post-war GF because "but tovarisch)))))) we are reducing MBT/KPZ spam))))"

It's HE, shillfriend. You can see the explosions. You can see that the tracer is white, not red.

Mineshell has way more explosive packed into it than regular HE, it should do way more damage. This is 100% gaijin's fault the 50mm is a piece of shit when firing at bombers
and of course the AI IL-2M on Berlin can survive a 50mm shell as well ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Russia & Germany should be paired together

There is no HE in the Narwhal. It's either default belts with a HEIT shell that for some reason isn't a mine shell, or it's the air targets with nothing but minengeschoß. If you are refering to the first round, that's fucking stupid, because then you're using APT for a third of all your rounds, which means you may as well shoot a round away from your target for all the good it does. Then you have a similar round but "Not mineshell )))" for some reason for another third, and then you have mine shells for your third round. Effectively, you're either saying that he's using the default belt, clearly incorrect, as every shot is a tracer in video, or you're saying that he should be using a round that doesn't even exist on the plane.

My vote is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about

>it does LESS damage than the minengeschoss, not more
By adding up the damage ratings, you get 1401 damage rating for the HE and 1303 for the mineshell
Holy shit, you are bad at maths.

>Mineshell has way more explosive packed into it than regular HE
No shit. It's about 200g of explosive if I'm correct

Yesterday he was saying that the 50mm is 'pinpoint accurate' as well, when ingame it's not even half as accurate as 20mm Shvak

wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Template:ShVAK
>Maximum dispersion at 500m = 1.22m

>Maximum dispersion at 500m = 2.79m

Not even that guy but do you even know how dispersion works?

+1 GE

also not the guy you're replying to, but something tells me "pinpoint accurate" is not what you were going to say

>there is a shill in this thread who is trying to defend the current state of the mk214a
>it is likely he thinks that regular HE should perform better than mineshell HE

God i hope Gaijin realizes that the Leopard 2K cannot compete with these newer tanks, Germany should get a Leopard 2a2 that can actually compete and wont be utter garbage vs these new tanks, the problem with the German top tier is that ALL of their tanks rely on speed, what good is speed if you don't have armored tanks that can support you while you rush the cap? And adding another non-armored tank for Germany wont help, and Germany most of the time just fights vs the Russians, British, and Americans which the M1 only has a 2 mph lower top speed than the leo 2k so where the actual fuck is the reason for the Leopard 2K other than being worse in every way?

120mm Rheinmetall smoothbore gun.

>giv us newr tenks!!!
never satisfied eh?

20mm autocannon))))))))))))))))))

Maximum dispersion tells you little about accuracy of single shots, instead it is more relevant for bursts. Take the Yak-9T as example. You can fire single shots with decent accuracy, but if you hold down the trigger you won't be able to hit jack shit.

what makes Germany a bad end game nation is that until the Panzer IV levels.

Germans only trait that keeps up is being a lesser armored glass cannon, even though they did have quite the assortment of heavy shell eaters and even some late
Panzer IVs were able to ricochet a shell to the front given the right position. But German Tanks simply cannot compete with American or Russian tanks at almost every tier, espeicially tier VI

posted from my tiger 2 h nazibunker with 105mm apds absorbing optics

>get teamed with germans
>lose
>get teamed with bongs
>win
hmm

>still shooting optics on anything
Come on user. At least pretend you want those free GE