>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/20kshdRC

Ripped apart

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwMbaJe8cZY
youtube.com/watch?v=ftxTURLQa3M
youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-xmFxBSzo
youtube.com/watch?v=93fxc8SCF3g
youtube.com/watch?v=k9SrmPPA-hg
youtube.com/watch?v=c-OttnZEXZo
youtube.com/watch?v=cZEpGtePF4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can OP even bump his own thread anymore?

The answer is no.
RIP

Anyone that may be using SpiritMod, have you had any luck getting Fiery Essence?

ded

oh shit i remember this
ya still got all the worlds?

ctrl+s, you dummy

I don't think I deleted any worlds, but two of them seem to be corrupted.
It's dorfs and finite worlds. ;_;7

Starbound > Durraria

Talk about beating a dead horsecock

i played on everyone of these when dwarfs and elves were a thing for some time
F

>206534096
If thats the case then why does Terraria have a little over 5 times the amount of players as Starbound? I wish you could go back to your containment general, but you dont even have one.

Yes and this one is more or less kept alive by someone posting Horsecock over and over
but i agree terraria > starbound

Bump
Going to sleep and won't be able to bumb for a while.
Your turn.

I've been playing Starbound recently, with Frackin Universe. It's a lot harder to have fun in this game than in Terraria, but it has some nice moments.
Found some Violium and shit on a cyber planet. Kind of a cool place. It occasionally rains lava, and if I dig down a bit, there's this massive almost-open cavern full of helium. That stuff's invisible and fucks with your jumping, so it's a bitch to navigate. Fell to my death like twice.
I think I need to find a planet with Protocite next.

Any builders do anything with Thorium or Spirit?

Luiafk is actually a great mod

Incubus
(Female)

When you look at it in reduced size, the Pumpking trophy really just looks like someone slapped a jackolantern with a big blue dick.

Oh god damn it.

Sorry

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

what is this

A binary adder. It can probably be a lot simpler.

Morning

Hi

No server no bump

Just started playing this masterpiece of a game. Started on expert mode, yesterday i killed Eye of Cthulu and now i'm making my herb farm before i go and kill the worm thingy.

Your trees are never gonna grow

Your saplings/trees won't grow when they're side by side like that, use the auto-cursor for placing them since it automatically shows good spots for them.

Congrats on finding this gem of a game
And damn you already build better stuff than i do and i've been playing this for about 1000 hours now

Now that i think about it i don't like to make big bases as they are just npc deathtraps when invasions are occurring. Also i hate having to manouver around much to grt to npcs and even more so while an invasion is going on

Then make one.
One that can actually handle that monster that tModLoader is, please.

Oh so that's why, i thought that some of the trees would grow and i wouldn't have to plant saplings every time i cut trees. Thanks for the advice, appreciated.

Thanks man. I credit that due to the fact that autistic and artistic are very close to each other, at least grammatically. Show some stuff you've built?

I will when i get home.
But to put it simply: I almost don't bother anymore.

>first hellevator
youtube.com/watch?v=XwMbaJe8cZY

Need to funnel this stupid hot red water from the way first though. This is the plan. Totally getting sidetracked from killing Eater of Worlds.

Just get some sand. You drop it, and it falls into the lava, creating a wall.

Sure, you'll still have some lava in the tube, but there's a lot less to worry about.

Also, you can just drop water on it, if you've got a good enough pickaxe. The obsidian will naturally cut off the large pools in the magma chamber from your drop tube. Just start mining the obsidian and the water will drop, forming a barrier beneath it. It's a bit trickier, but if your pickaxe sucks you can dig the tunnel with bombs.

Thanks for that sand tip, wish i knew it earlier.

I like your style.

Bump

There's MOUNTS? Honestly, the whole game just seems like the devs made a basic platform sidescroller and then went "What's fun? Let's add everything that we can come up with"

Well, this game could pass up like the Final Fantasy's answer to Minecraft according to a SNES' nostalgic fag.
Only a couple of mounts are worthy of having equipped, such as truffle and the cosmic car.

Yeah, only after beating the Mechanical Bosses though. Unfortunately not long after my world decided to fuck up and corrupt so I had to delete everything and create a new one.

Fiery essence isn't that hard to get. I had more trouble finding shit like the fucking Demon Lamp.

Bee Mount is good pre-hardmode though, I actually managed to reach floating Islands from ground level with it, a hookshot and Frostspark Boots.

>he didn't build a dirt/wood platform staircase and sky bridge in the very beginning of the game for maximum mobility and easy island loot

I've got a bit of an itch to host a modded server again and want to try out one of the rpg mods along with thorium, and some other stuff. How well would an rpg mod and thorium work together and do do any of the rpg mods work in multiplayer?

>play the fuck out of terraria
>get bored, quit
>months later
>play the comfy OST
>Urge to play terraria all day
>EVERYTIME
vidya music is so weird. It makes you nostalgic for all the good times. Its crazy how important good music is when making a good game.

Post favorite track
youtube.com/watch?v=ftxTURLQa3M
0:53-1:31 so fucking good

I reached the end of the Thorium mod, but Dying Reality is a lurid cunt which destroys me everytime.
Which setup you suggest me?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-xmFxBSzo

And then you have this fucking abomination
youtube.com/watch?v=93fxc8SCF3g

It's fucking awful except the Corruption soundtrack

IMO it's not *bad*, it just sounds too cinematic for Terraria

Its not terrible, its just too intense sounding.

Yeah it's not inherently bad. Idk about cinematic, but i think it tries too hard to be actual music rather than flavor for the feeling of the game, if that makes sense.

Also, litsening to it again, both the Corruption theme and the Space theme sounds good. They are more low-key atmospheric

Yeah that's another way of putting it.

is that fucking game ever coming out?

Mounts are neat, but there's some definite progression and balance issues with them.

Slime King and Queen Bee are "optional" bosses, but either provide great progression points or are nearly unavoidable. However Slime King's mount is the second most useful pre-hardmode, allowing easy escape from deep pools and a fun method of attack, and retains some of that use later on.

Queen Bee's is useless in the water, but has better flight time and flight height up until Duke Fishron, and I've seen no real arguments as to why Pigron, Unicorn, or Rudolf would be preferable to the bee.

I could maybe see the bunny as a way to get around occupying accessory slots with jump-boosting items or the lucky horse shoe before you can beat slime king.

Does anyone know of a mod that will allow me to flag rooms so that NPCs won't move into them?
Corruption. That was the only type available when I first started playing. Which is when I probably spent the most time on the game so I just feel more familiar with it. Now it's all for that Worm Scarf. Does anyone remember the corrupter enemies that would spit and turn the environment?

don't have a table and a chair in them

pic related is what currently my bases look like
either that or like that i gave up building nice bases because i don't consider myself as creative and because of reasons mentioned here .
I feel like im doing terraria injustice as almost every block has a nice looking version and a wall too; sometimes even a whole set but that actually overwhelms me because of how many choices you have and i don't know what would look nice.
before i build something that doesn't look good, i just build nothing of relevance

youtube.com/watch?v=k9SrmPPA-hg
for action
youtube.com/watch?v=c-OttnZEXZo
youtube.com/watch?v=cZEpGtePF4M
for chillin'

well let's start with
Kalciphoz's RPG Mod and VapeRPG
these don't work in MP so they are off the list
then there's Experience and Classes and Class Based RPG Mod which according to the EaC dev work well together.
afaik they only affect the character, EaC straight up making you stronger with every level (bonuses are dependent on the class you choose) and CbRM which both makes you stronger in some parts or giving a special bonus or skill while making you weaker in other things or give you some gimmicks you have to live with.
then there's leveled which affects both you and your enemies. biomes are categorized for example overworld woods at day is lvl 4 while overworld snow at day is lvl 7 or something.
You can choose from 6 categories to put points into, making you stronger based on where you invest your points into
i haven't tested rocko's arpg yet because there was something that bothered me but i forgot what it was

I don't like my house.

why so ded

>206625929
No wonder (You) dont like it, its in Starbound.

Cause everyone antisocial

How's the testing going,Mr. Soon™?

I'm playing with both Spirit and Thorium and I think that I should do a separate playthrough of the former one because it only overcomplicates things for me. Should I just deactivate it or generate a new world?

hm Veeky Forums apparently doesn't like encapsulating 3 spoiler tags

I do

That's one of the reasons I'm not as fond of Starbound as I am of Terraria, the base building aspect. Why invest the time building a nice base on the surface of a planet when you could cram everything onto your ship for the sake of convenience. Aside from visiting a planet once to see what kind of loot you can find from the surface chests, there's no real reason stay planet-side. You run left or right, pillage what you want, beam back up to your ship to store what you just collected and repeat for the next rock. There's no real incentive to do anything on the planet themselves. It's rare to find a planet that looks nice and makes you want to stay on it for more that 15 minutes.
I do have to admit, the most fun I had was building a sea lab on an ocean planet that I happened to land on by mistake. Was probably the only time I found a planet that I liked.
I have both installed as well and find the amount of material drops to be a bit overwhelming at times. Most of the time I can't tell which item comes from what mod and just end up cramming them into whatever free chests I have. Spirit generates a custom biome, so playing without it on a preexisting world could cause things to act a bit fucky, maybe corrupt the world file, idk. Or just leave you with a gaping hole where the old biome is supposed to be. Deactivating Spirit and generating a fresh world would be the safest thing to do.

>Why invest the time building a nice base on the surface of a planet when you could cram everything onto your ship for the sake of convenience
Do the former for ambience, NPCs, etc., and the latter for convenience. Don't just do one or the other
>there's no real reason stay planet-side
Ambience/Immersion/Comfiness

I just want a game with the building, decoration and housing aspect from Starbound with the gameplay and progression of Terraria. Is that too much to ask for?

cursed image
Also while we at it why not post about every 2d pixel game there is?
crea, edge of space, dungreed, junk jack and what the fuck ever.
Seriously why are people going to general x to talk about game y.
Are you going to bloodborne general and talk about dark souls?
hell even /tesg/ is triggered like nothing else if you mention teso in the slightest.

Because one of Terraria's devs worked on Starbound for years, because the latter was inspired by the former, because they're both more similar than most other 2D games, and because Terraria and Starbound generals have already been merged before in the past, hence that image. I'm probably forgetting other reasons too

autism

So?
Times have changed and this is Veeky Forums and nothing else now.
Some of us don't like people posting about starbound so just don't do it

>I just want a game with the building, decoration and housing aspect from Starbound with the gameplay and progression of Terraria
what's so different about that from Starbound compared to Terraria?

Some of us don't like people posting about horsecocks, so we filter them. Let people enjoy what they want. And sure, times have changed, and there's no reason why they can't change back, or why they would even have to fully change back in order for Starbound discussion to be allowed

I bought the server, and I'm waiting for it to be activated. After that, testing will take awhile unfortunately. Rewards is broken to the point that it can't even load in the latest update, which means that Reset Mode can't load either, so I can't test either one of them in multiplayer just yet. But at least I can learn how to add mods to the server and other things like that while Hamstar updates Rewards

What a bummer
Rewards and Reset Mode were your core ideas for the server weren't they? I hope Hamstar can fix it.
Have fun with the testing! I hope everything else works.

That's right
Thanks! Same here

>someone saved that
kek

I haven't been able to defeat Plantera yet , tried running around in my big arena with boots and wings , tried setting two teleporters in an horizontal line and warping between them

its all ogre

The pic and filename combined made me actually laugh

Set up some solid chunks of land to hook onto. Hooking in every direction to dodge most of its attacks makes the fight much easier

serb when

Soon™

I've never played multiplayer Terraria

Oh fuck, playing terraria on the latest version of tmodloader is like playing the game in ultra slow motion. Is anybody else getting this?