/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work.
Alternatively, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Hunt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ks1e6bgVnqM
youtube.com/watch?v=eLbS34P_Sbo
youtube.com/watch?v=wOe91NfThg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SnS is the most fun!

I'm hunting lewd monster girls

Why do people join your quest and not do anything? It happens every time and it's so frustrating, especially as a new player.

>having trouble on a quest
>Fire an SOS flare
>Someone joins
>They AFK in the camp and never show up to help me
>Monsters are now buffed because of multiplayer
>Abandon quest because it's a waste of time
And it happens so fucking often too. Why do people do this?

Why can you use both Return from Quest and Abandon Quest? Why would you not want to keep stuff?

>Rathalos a looks astronomically better than Rathalos b
>Rathalos b has more slots

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To the fucking subhuman kraut that just triple-carted on my three reward tempered odoggo within two minutes of joining: I hope you and every member of your family die horribly in your sleep tonight.

Never play a video game again.

Sincerely,
Someone who has enough functioning neurons to press buttons correctly

Anyone else feel like this?

Anybody?

XD Are you me? That's fucking perfect!

>max evade extender on HBG

Cursed image

I posted this as it we're bout start a new gen so I'll post it again here.

I'm unsure as to what would be better for CB, assuming Attack Boost, Artillery and Capacity; would Handicraft and Weakness Exploit be better, would goin for Agitator be the better idea?

kek

You're better off just soloing. It's easier, you don't have to risk others carting for you and you need to learn the game anyway, so might as well.

>filename is actually an emoji for me
huh

Did user give up trying to port Generations text to XX?

I'm refreshing SOS and I'm seeing the same quests with the same people not filling up. Is MHW dead already?

>tfw fighting Bazelgeuse with the Shattercryst

He's like a goddamn pinata.

>beta armor looks worse than alpha armor
Sure thing Capcom

>Grind nourishing extracts or run demon powders
Do they stack? Whats optimal?

nice, though I expected Pao instead of Legi

Situations where you burned through a bunch of consumables while not getting enough stuff to justify burning them.

>mfw big huntress tiddies and phat huntress butts on PC

meld the drugs

People meme about MH and Dark Souls, but despite the many differences, they share a few important aspects: combat that requires attention and punishes bad playing, deliberate moves in battle that reward the player that learns the enemy pattern, minimum focus on rpg elements and great emphasis on player skill.

Dark Souls wasn't influenced by MH and MH wasn't influenced by Dark Souls, but I think Dark Souls paved the way for MH World's huge success in the West, at the very least. People here didn't understand MH, but Dark Souls taught many that it was ok to struggle against a boss, that you didn't need the game to hold your hand all the time, that it's fun to overcome large beasts that seem impossible to beat at one point etc.

If we're not counting food. Demondrug + Demon Powder is always the way to go, and if you want you can throw a might seed in there to. Mega Demondrug is a waste

>tfw Lance for the first time against Diablos
Jesus Christ all the memes were true. I feel like a fucking gladiator.

Can someone recommend me a good hammer skill set? I'm thinking of maybe trying out Vaal's hammer
Also what augments? 1x attack, 1x affinity, 2x attack?

Handicraft isn't super important because now you can charge your sword for mind's eye. WE isn't bad because it's easy to get but it won't increase your phial damage at all.

Drugs lmao

Are people using Airborne on SnS? 10% on your best attack doesn't seem too bad.

How long does the drug, seed and pill last? And how much damage increase am I looking at with each? A flat number of a % on top of your weapon damage?

all the raw, i don't even bother maxing weakness exploit sometimes
your phials will deal like 110+ each

How does breaking parts even work? Do the parts have their own hidden health bars or thresholds with their own resistances, or is it just a certain number of hits to make them drop? Or maybe its like a status effect where the effect for "break" builds up on repeated hits. Or is it just confusing nip black magic and whatever the game feels like? Like if parts have their own health bar/integrity bar with their own resistances, then part breaker would make sense as it would increase your damage against parts hidden health bar, or increase the rate of break buildup. Just getting some dragons dogma flashbacks here with breaks being so inconsistent, like you spend a whole fight trying to break a cyclops armor and it won't budge then the next cyclops you break it off by complete accident. God damn Capcom, if you aren't going to give us dogma 2 then crossover some enemies here, you already used grigoris skeleton for xeno, and I swear doggo is a more fluid garm.

>Dark Souls wasn't influenced by MH

Doesn't count for airborne (or LS helmbreaker for that matter)

Gotta love this.

Imagine how many thousands of hours you would have to play before you could pour tea at that angle.

Then what's the fucking point.

I've decided to stick with elemental bows and doom myself to either looking fucking retarded or a samurai for the rest of my career. I have the Anja, Legi, and Tobi bows. Is the Hazak bow worth making for elder dragons? How about a water bow? I figured it'd be pointless but I've found a handful of monsters that are only three star weak to water.

>Finally reach high rank
>Doing a random quest to hunt a Barroth
>As i'm fighting it Bazelgueuse comes flying in
>Handler says something about how its going to be a hard fight
>It lands on me and i cart instantly
I can already tell this is going to be fun

Hammer spin shenanigans

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ks1e6bgVnqM
youtube.com/watch?v=eLbS34P_Sbo
youtube.com/watch?v=wOe91NfThg4

gracias
not you

So what's the magic trick for spread HBG to not be absolute garbage? Shield is a meme and you have to be so close to the monster's weakpoint to deal damage that by the time you get there the monster is long gone.

>play with /mhg/
>immediately surrounded by ridiculously strong chad hunters
How will shutters like me ever compete?

Was it? Feels like they just went with King's Field and made it 3rd person.

They get more invasive as it goes on, it’s a good time though

do you automaticaly do a counter if you get hit while on the guard + O stance ? i have trouble with doing counters reactively

lmao

someone help me here and don't come with le math I'm too dumb for that.

Check the math and you'll know what to do. It's 2nd grade arithmetic.

how much more attack would it be ?

Regen

>Mfw thiccer mods

Presumably you're not doing TAs, choose affinity

>professor just asked me to resend half my assignments that he hasn't graded yet because he somehow lost them
>did them from the college computers
and have no idea how to access the files
>he needs them in before monday night because my marks get finalized on
tuesday

what are some builds that revolve around killing myself?

>Just managed to coordinate a trio of rank 2 Nu-hunters still in their Jaggies and Irons to an early Rathalos kill without even having the treetop camp while also teaching them how environmental traps and Turf Wars work.
>Get carted at his nest at the last second due to a poor judgement call
>They manage to trigger the mudslide and finish it off on their own
>We all exchange guild cards afterwards

I’m so proud of you fucking goons.

first of all, use a weapon which can be upgraded more than once

Of those five possibilities I would say Defense Increase and Health Regen are useless. If you get hit, you are dead anyway in two hits, so those doesn't help you at all.

Personally I would always chose attack increase. Affinity only gives 25 % damage increase if it is triggered. Also some attacks can't crit so Affinity is useless for them. Slot Upgrade isn't bad, but you normally can get the skills you want without wasting a weapon slot.

You don't even have to be in stance beforehand, it comes out pretty fast. Although I try to power guard when I can for the reduced knockback and upthrust (like 120+ crit on Diablos' belly).

It's his fuckup, he should solve it, not you.
Go complain to student resources or whatever if he tries to give you shit for it.

People keep memeing about this but to be honest, Capcom should be thankful Dark Souls created this kind of "boss battle with weighted weapons" action kind of game, if that's how one would describe it.
Souls paved the way for other franchises like MH to follow.

>include something good in my build
>people criticize it

I'm tired of you contrarian faggots. I know you all use dragon king eye patch because I inspect each and every one of you when I join a /mhg/ lobby.

>try out 2x Partbreaker decos on CB
>hmm let's fight Diablos
>Charge shield and get all 6 phials charged
>Oh it's doing the retard charge; great!
>Space it so the SAED lands square on the head
>Parts Broken x2
Holy fuck

So glad MH:W is opening doors for a brand new audience of players!

5/10, you might get a couple people with this

When is XX gonna start pouring honey on me and how can I get some quick before it does that? I'm running low on mpots for the first time.

what now

Aloy when? Megaman when?

>breaking every part on great jagras in one attack
comfy
>slicing off a tail in one helm breaker

MAXIMUM COMFY

>cheaters that 1 shot everything with 500000 attack bows

Use the trader to get honey.

who here /eatan rocks/

>Offenc(?)e: 1
Who the fuck made this and how do we get them castrated?

>playing with randoms

so its just guard + O after getting hit for a counter ?

>the people that use this will still cart

Reminder to the skeptic-fags who are going to be so BTFO yet again in a few days when this is all proven true

Deviljho is coming out March 9th.
Lunastra and Oroshi are part of the spring update as well.
There will be balance changes for older weapons, and "new" weapons added that aren't part of the Jho/Luna/Oroshi pack.
Alatreon is coming in the summer title set for July.
The pack will include Shaggy with the title update monster headliner being Zinogre. The Zinogre trailer will drop in April.
There will be a Shonen Jump crossover with Black Clover in May.
There will be a God of War crossover for Sony PS4 in June.
In May there will be a full Elder hunting Luna/Teo/Kushala/Kirin/Nerg.
In September there will also be the first release of a new map called the Shimmering Lagoon. It's half jungle and half lagoon with a series of caves connecting a hidden second lagoon. Plesioth, a new world subspecies of Royal Ludroth, a new world subspecies of Barioth, a new fanged wyvern based on a crocodile, and Chameleos.

>do multiplayer
>guy comes in and doesn't fight at all, always stays in the nearby area doing nothing but staying close (probably so he can carve later)
>tell him to play or eat shit
>nothing changes
>cart 3 times
enjoy, fucker

The trader doesn't offer any honey.

Phew, I'm glad there will be a tank online to draw aggro so I can get my flank and back attack procs on Longsword!

You seriously think that will happen? They're taking 3 quarters to work on it, I'm sure they'll prepare for it. Anyways, a reliable source says stats like weapon attack, stamina , hp, etc are all hardcoded into the game and not a save file so you would have to run a memory editor alongside the game which is extremely easy to detect serverside. The MOST they could do is give themselves all items, resources, decorations but people already do that on console.

his PSN is right there

>easy learning curve
>at the point where you've already farmed a ton of high rank Uragaan and have a bunch of decos
What?

argh, what a good weapon go get at least 4 solo stacks?

Parts like tails have their own hidden health bars, but damage do be to the part is still damage to the monsters overall health.

black clover collab
i cri evrytiem

>7/7 defense boost
Fucking lmoa

I had an investigation to hunt tempered Azure Rath and Lavafish with 5 reward boxes. Did the first flawlessly, decided to be nice and share the second one. A guy joins and we get the Rath, then he starts fighting urugaan for 10 minutes before I can finally get his attention. He comes over to lavafish, carts, then goes back to fighting Urugaan and carts again.

How are people so fucking brain dead?

>calls other people braindead
>can't kick them
lel

>join MP
>multiple hunt
>host just sits in tent all game
>tell the group to leave and that I'm going too
>2 krauts ignore me and try anyway
Do people like being taken advantage of, or is it just me? It was the event quest as well so not like it was super rewarding.

I was doing hornetaur investigations for super quick and easy zen when I thought about how I didn’t have the rare fish. Walked down there and what do you know, hes there, first time I’ve ever looked for him.

I wish I could get the others this easy, damn.

>check his profile
>he's a German born in 1985
What the fuck went wrong with you. How are you over 30 and this much of a leeching piece of shit

Dodogama is my spirit animal(monster)

>One (1) bar of offence
How can Lance shitters ever even hope to recover? Jesus Christ it's over

The strongest CB attack can't crit, what do you think?

Post Poogie

You need to do some 2* and 3* village cat quests then to unlock the trader option. I think hub quests also unlock it if you don't want to do cat quests. but I'm not 100% sure about that.