mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xIynmsmi8Go
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone help. How do you capture large animals like bears? I've been punching this poor bastard for 5min now.

1. get walker gear
2. kick bear
3. fulton the thing if it lives

So i have to kick it with the walker gear or is it more a matter of reducing it's health without killing it?

Smack it with your bear hands pussy.

I've heard arrows work but I knocked the fucker out with one kick

I just shot a bear with the shotgun and it went down for me to fulton it

I shot it with 3 arrows and it just laid down and I fultoned it. Good to know.

Shoot him in the face a few times with arrows / 9mm
Wait til he goes to sleep before the deep sleep
Collect him

Quiet for god sakes.

I got the horse cage, where does she spawn?

I wonder if this needs you to just get everything from all singleplayer containers, or if you actually have to acquire all of the legendary and epic items as well? i'm assuming the 0.1% who earned this used Steam achievement unlocker

Can you imagine if Ahab and Ishmael both were voiced by Kiefer but once you beat the game and start new game + Ishmael was voiced by Hayter?
Why didn't that happen?

Because Hayter isn't a very good actor.

Toilets

and "my daddy is donald sutherland give me work" is?

Uh, yeah. He is, actually.

Ore wa Jakku Bawa

now i have to change my nameplate

She surfifed?

Anyone who wears it is an autist

Why can't I craft mag pouches? I have all the ingredients and I'm level 40

When your crew gets sick do they heal over time or do you always have to heal them yourself?

this is the location of flame trap, its underground so you have to enter through the hole to get it

I've never done anything for them and they just heal on their own. I didn't even know you could heal them.

>reeves wants to use my last styptic

>i'm assuming the 0.1% who earned this used Steam achievement unlocker
Um yeah since you literally can't craft epic gear.

Matchmaking went from instant yesterday to taking 20 minutes today. Is the game dead already?

Seems to be a bug, I can't either

>tfw have literally only seen one other person with it

Deadness depends on region, it's working good at 10 mins for me

is this game serious right now, boss that destroyed my entire base. Fucking bullshit, I am now officially on the hate bandwagon for this game.

>Metal Gear raid fights
>you and your squad take on various huge fights, or metal gears
>coordinated effort
>team work
>scout uses stealth camo to place c4 at various points
>Assault goes KAIOKEN while the shield dude defends the Jaeger as they shoot it up

It could be so good konami pls

>new co-op mission added: Salmon Run

Are there more undergarment options or it just shirt, naked, and the DD bdu?

There may be more in the future but for the moment what you see is what you get. There isn't all that much gear in the game at the moment in the first place, with the highest tier being locked behind a workbench no one has.

>all the gear is just shit you earn day one in tpp
maximum disappointment

seth? I was worried he might trash my base so when I went after him I brought grenades, just hid behind the middle pole waited for a good time and just dropped them all on him and finished off his silver of health with bow attacks

lol yeah seth, the dude destroyed EVERY SINGLE thing I had built, feels fucking bad man.

1 rifle clip to his head is all it takes

Here's my 15-minute defense (spoiler-free for those of you who haven't reached it yet):

youtu.be/xIynmsmi8Go

Why didn't you lure him out side of the base? Thats what I did when I noticed he damaged buildings.

HOW DO I GET COPPER

>bdu
privileged fuck, some of us don't have fabrics for it

what kind of fuckin military issue cargo pants cant carry more than 2 magazines in the pockets

They have to make room for the insane amount of materials and food you carry.

I have latest MGSV:TPP and I have hex-edited the game to support 2560x1080. It works fine in borderless windowed mode. Two issues though:
a) The game doesn't scale up evenly, I'm getting uneven pixeled jaggies all over the place. This doesn't happen when playing full screen. Any fix to this?
b) When it comes to switching full screen mode the game crashes. I was checking Steam discussion and lot of people are having the same issue. Is there any fix to this? My system is up to date and there shouldn't be anything weird in nvidia settings or anything. Crashing occurs regardless of my resolution, be it 1920x1080 or 2560x1080 or whatever.

I think my game is broken.

My bow and rifle says I have no ammo even though I do. Shotgun says I have ammo like normal but my bow and rifle says I dont and when I craft ammo, it wont let me send it to my guns, only to repository where I cannot transfer them back out

What the fuck is going on?

>clip

Try putting the equipment into storage then log out. Log back in and re-requip them. Maybe it is a bug and you need to clear it up somehow. Just a guess.

What skills are utterly necessary for survivor? I'm at level 6 only by now though. Please help.

>clip

Str, dex, and the scavenging speed one.

A little late for me to ask but why did MGSV and so on have frankenguns instead of real life ones? Was it the customization? It just feels weird that everyone in-universe swapped for the game’s weapons for a few years before switching back to real life guns in MG1 and so on.

Thanks. I picked up the right ones, are the combo skills any useful or should I just invest into the attribute points only like you said?
Is there a way to respec character if you mess up with point distribution?

I can't imagine people here knowing more about it than the steam forums, if the fix was out there it would already be there or buried in a google search. Who knows.

I recall from a long time ago, there being a community around hi-res gaming, forget its name though...

Maybe it is a licensing issue. At least Call of Duty developers were sued at some point by Colt etc. MGS1 was made in 1998 and that wasn't such a big problem back then.

If you use spears, the heavy attack is a good one.

The dashing attack seems good in theory but has less good results. It doesn't stagger so doing it to bunched up Wanderers gets you swiped in the face

www.wsgf.org

The 15 minute defense mission and subsequent boss fight are the hypest shit ever, and the people who bash this game have literally no idea they exist.

People actually say that the Metal Gear title was slapped onto this game as an afterthought. Fucking retards.

so we all agree that gameplay, map content, exploration, enemies, music and atmosphere is BETTER in survive than in 5?

Right, that is it. If the answer isn't there I wouldn't know where else to look.

I definitely do

Where is the M2000-D sniper recipe located?

Mine is fucking bugged, it was a reward. It wont take ammo. My bow was fucked too but I dismantled it and remade it and it works.

I need the sniper recipe though to make another.

>tfw just lost an s rank because the ammo supply bugged out and no one could use it
I was standing there for over a min and kept holding the key but it didn't work

To be fair, I found V to be pretty empty. It’s a gripe I have with open world games like BotW, GTA V & FFXV. Some tend to make map size a greater priority than things to do in said map.

Those kuban crystals are really useful, all I do in coop is sneak around and gather and throw crystals at large groups and watch them all run away back to their spawn while others kill them since I'm too weak.

I like the comfy freedom aspect of 5 but I very much dig Survive's urgency, tension and exploration

5 probably could have benefited from having it's map more tightly focused like Survives

>Relying on ammo

I still miss funny codex conversations.

>BotW
to this day I have no idea why people claim this game was a 10/10 perfect. There was nothing that interesting to find in the map and all the shrines were terrible besides the boss ones.

t. ammolet

hard leveled zombies make melee difficult unless you have the melee class on and the perk that lowers the chance of stun. I jump into a pack as scout and just get demolished.

bear becomes fultonable at like 15% hp

It’s the hype. Just about every recent Zelda gets hyped. Skyward Sword was called better than Ocarina of Time before Breath of the Wild was. Personally, I have a hard time calling it a Zelda game with barely any dungeons, unique minibosses or any of the other things I’m used to.

>level 35
>kuban requirements to level shoot through the god damn roof
shit. time to grind hard coop missions i guess

Brainlet trying to understand the genius of Survive. The game is ahead of it's time so much people do not understant the finesse.

Meanwhile Survive gets anti-hyped when it's a better Metal Gear game than 5.

They made the items and upgrades useful in survive so you have lots of options in V they were more as an afterthought for me at least.

Both are not good Metal Gear games.

I admit that I probably didn’t use much of it. Silenced tranquilizer guns for people and explosives for machines.

Survive has a dangerous lack of mech boss fights.

Use the camo you idiot, zombies don't fucking even attack you.

this better be the cutest girl

I think MGS is my new favorite game.

Metal Gear Solid is still pretty fun.

why can't I make more beds? The game tells me to make more beds but doesn't let me.
is there a base expansion option buried in a sub menu's sub menu somewhere?

just keep playing

Cheeky

How do I into rubber, any near the base?

I was using machete up until just now, got the master key. Using that and bayonet stick + AMRS or whatever.

Was using machete, AMRS, Compound Bow.

How do I get my pistol to do more damage? Upgraded my 9mm to 5 but it still barely hurts anything. The damage numbers on the 45 are the same basically.

I don't know how but I have some, and have the undergarments. Pretty sure I got it from fooling around with the option to turn some materials into others in one of the crafting stations.

is that true?

yes

I'm in the same boat, senpai. Our Captain was the designated sniper of an msf team, it seems.
And it'd be a massive help during co-op or base digs.

I didn't use any upgraded items. Just C4, decoys, level 1 tranq, and the silenced mrs rifle you get from the very start.
It just didn't seem necessary.

oh god it's in a "memory board" or some shit?
also
why did the hyper advanced AI from the 70's forget how to hang a pot over a campfire so I could boil water?

is the base defense before lord of dust diffcult? not sure what to expect

They'll only attack if you're brushing right up against them, I usually sprint attack into a pack, then dodge and wipe the rest, sprint off to find another pack, easy 50 kills a camo.

MGSV is okay game but not that good Metal Gear Solid. Survive is okay as well but it's buried under the tedium and lack of sexyness especially in the beginning of the game.
Survive would need some redesigning of few things and it should really more balls and sexyness to it. Who enjoys stabbing zombies through a fence over and over and over and over again. It needs just variety but even now it's quite okay and I'm having fun with it. The environment itself is quite tepid and if I were an art director I would opt for different lighting and make it more bright and contrasty. But oh well talk is always cheap and we have these games and they are what they are you know.
I'm sorry I posted. Sorry.

Nice review user, I liked it

Goodluck told it how long it took you to figure it out the first time, it was just keeping history intact