Who's the most badass historical ruler of all time?

>Mine: Ramesses II

Yours Veeky Forums?

Cyrus the great
>conquers the middle east
>"i did this for my people, i won them their empire"

Timur

Hitler

Selim the Grim, Shi’ites, disobedient military officers, idiot family members, and the vast majority of the Egyptian population were all ground into meat-sawdust before his onslaught

Selim's first order of business was to have the entire male population of his family murdered. But, since it was considered immoral to spill the blood of the Ottoman Royal Family, he offered his siblings a far more humanitarian death – he had two brothers, five cousins, and any other man who could produce a semi-legitimate claim to the throne ritualistically strangled to death with silk cords. This worked out so well and created such a smooth, succession-war-free transition that from this point on almost every Turkish Sultan would perform the same service to all his brothers when he became ruler.

he really hated Shi’ites, so he had all of them imprisoned, executed, or sold into slavery. Literally all of them. Then, after making a couple peace treaties with Spain, Italy, and Hungary to secure his Euro borders, so he could fight Shi’ite Persia.

The Persians fielded a massive force of spearmen and archers numbering almost 120,000 men. Selim was outnumbered, but he had a little surprise he’d picked up from the Europeans. Namely, a fucking shitload of cannons and several regiments of infantry equipped with matchlock muskets.

Selim also had himself appointed Protector of the Holy Places and Caliph of Islam, meaning that he was officially recognized by world Islam as the “successor to Mohammad”, and the political and religious head of the Muslim World. He was the first Ottoman Sultan to take the title, but everyone after him would follow suit, including his son Suleiman the Magnificent

Olga of Kiev

Saddam Hussein

Who? Sounds interesting user.

Burned cities with birds, burned high officials alive, burned everything and then tried spreading Christianity.

Carlos I de España y V de Alemania, Emperador del Sacro Imperio Romano Germánico, rey de España, Nápoles, Sicilia y Cerdeña, duque titular de Borgoña y Archiduque de Austria. Emperador del Imperio Español.

>This woman is a saint

what a qt

Narmer.
Guy didn't take shit from anybody at any time.

Absolute madwoman

Oda Nobunaga, Demon King of the Sixth Heaven

The Taliban supreme leader Mullah Omar explained why he ordered the statues to be destroyed in an interview:

I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.[58]

Oh look, mudslimes who fail to understand the value of preserving historical knowledge...

Nice one.
Do you think that the bible really predicted the aparition and deeds of this character?

Gaius Julius Caesar

>the queen of bithynia
OP asked for badass rulers, not sore assed rulers.

Look at that cuck

I claim Cortez

It's Napoleon

It's Pompey, you stupid fools

Pompey had the best trained, most well equipped soldiers in the world, and still couldn't win a civil war against a walking meme. Pompey a shit.

>not Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, el Cid Campeador

It's not the size of the Empire that determines a man's greatness, but how well he fights for his honor.

Make this thread in 20 years so I can post myself.

You'll get the same response if you just post yourself now. Let's not pretend you're going to do anything in the next 20 years.

what knowledge? a stone carving? not that i condone the destruction but i can see his point

She didn't become a Christian until much later on to be fair; she got her slaughtering out of the way before she had to do any mental gymnastics

Do you have any idea how much money Egypt makes out of the pyramids? With the money he could have got from charging foreigners to view the statues he could have fed half of Afghanistan.

MY FELLA RIGHT THERE

good choice but murad IV is a lot better

>born during internal strife where different factions battle each other through intrigue and plotting at the capital

>takes over, executes anyone who talks back

>to prevent further plotting he bans coffee, smoking, and drinking and bars,

>literally walks around at night dressed as a civilian with a fucking sword and executes anyone who smokes on the spot

>after executing about 40 000 people in his empire he turns to the shias and continues to slaughter them

Seconding Cyrus

This guy literally wrote the book on how to be a good ruler. Even the Jews fucking adore this guy for ending their captivity in Babylon and allowing them to return to their homelands and practice their religion in peace. Right up until the modern era his name was a byword for everything that a ruler strives to be for his people. Thomas Jefferson considered him to be one of his heroes.