Why was the America Revolution so successful compared to the French or even the Communist one in Russia?

Why was the America Revolution so successful compared to the French or even the Communist one in Russia?

Free land everywhere.

As far as I know (although I'm not much studied on either of the other revolutions) America was the only one to actually build a governmental structure that endured during the war for independence.

The more usual course is to declare independence/revolution, fight the current governmental structure, win, and then try to make a system work, with jockeying between the intellectual elite, the military figures, wealthy sponsors, etc.

Then, of course, they wind up fighting, because everyone trying to grab a slice of the pie.

America got almost all of that out of the way before they won independence from Great Britain, so could just go on to a (mostly) peaceful independence.

its also the same system more or less America has now. I dont think people give the founding fathers enough credit

It wasn't a revolution in the way we think about it. The same people ran the colonies before and after the Revolt. Thus was a regionlist movement more so than anything else. Still that being said it is impressive that the same.basic system of government has endured as long as it has.

Plenty do.

Like the English civil war it was controlled and spearheaded by the elite unlike the French one which was controlled by the rabble.

Unlike the communist revolution they didn't make a complete dismantling of the gov't it was the same colonial governments as before just autonomous.

The biggest reason might simply be that America's remote location (for the time) made it very expensive for Britain to launch any kind of counter-attack.

It was organized by the elite in a way that allowed for the easy transition of power

Unlike the other revolutions, the people's lives didn't change all that much post-independence compared to pre-independence, therefor the favric of society wasn't much disturbed

Financed by France.

Infinite supply lines.

Free land everywhere.

Because the odds were different
The French still managed to win militarily, but the huge threat they faced caused mass paranoia among revolutionary leaders and turned the whole stuff in a chaotic mess

The later two examples were revolutions in the sense that they had to overthrow the current government in their land and build a new one while fighting allies of the old administration. The American revolution did not seek to depose the king of England, and it was able to rely on previously existing political infrastructure in the states. Really it would be more accurate to call the war "The American Rebellion", but I guess "revolution" is a bit more glorious of a title.

It's more that Recolution had a different definition in the 17th-18th centuries (restoration of a previously empowered party) than the 19th century definition of radical overthrow and a completely new form of government.

far away from europe

No the original system during the Revolutionary war was a confederacy between the states and had a notoriously weak federal government. The US constitution we all know was not formed until 1789.

I did not know that.

The Atlantic is quite the puddle to traverse, logistics wins wars. France as an economic and political ally.

That's only 8 years after the revolution with mostly the same founding fathers, absolutely zero reason for you to post that

>user says that America survived the revolution because it managed to establish a stable government early on
>different user states that the system they established during the war is more or less the same system that is used today
>I correct him, stating that during the revolution the U.S had not yet established its constitution
>but that was only 8 years later user, you have no reason to say this!
ok?

The revolution was a defensive war against a distracted Britain. The French did not have the luck of having their elites living on the other side of an ocean during their revolt.

The Americans built on a foundation of 1,000 years+ of English common law and traditional freedoms, the French and Gommies tried to implement radical ideology in a feudal society.

>The revolution was a defensive war against a distracted Britain.
>defensive war against Britain

And civil war was war of northern aggression.

Read the OP fuckwit

Because it wasn't radical like the French or Communist. After the revolution, things were mostly the same for the adverage man

The American Revolution created a system of governance that was largely derived from the egalitarian, democratic sentiments that already existed in the 13 colonies. In fact many of the governing bodies of the Union were the same ones that existed under British rule. The American revolution was really just a shifting of political power over America from London to Washington. No fundamental social constructs were confronted.

In both the French and Russian revolutions we saw new orders created in a vacuum that existed after the toppling of the old orders. Both of those revolutions also happened to be demographically divisive as the majority of their support was derived from liberal, metropolitan types in clear defiance of the more conservative rural populations.

As well, America was divided by an entire ocean from the old European orders it came into conflict with. This was not true for either Russia or France.

All three were successful.
All three have had failures.
In what way has the French Revolution a failure?
Mind that the answer changes depending on which political and ideological ideas the person holds.

Why do you believe the American Revolution was successful? Considering the president-elect of the USA is a silver-spoon-fed corrupt con man.

the american revolution was more of a revolution of the mind rather than a revolution in the traditional sense.

>Why do you believe the American Revolution was successful?
Because we got the tea slurpers to fuck off.

If you are interested in why they turned out so differently it largely to do with historic circumstances.

Americans were far freer to develop and experiment with various governmental systems before the revolution compared to the French/Russians, they had no strong elites like the church/nobility/military to worry about unlike the French/Russians, their enemy was across the sea instead of right by them and projecting power wasn't that easy back then, and Americans grew up in a much more liberal and benevolent environment than the French/Russia counterparts.

When it comes to which one is more successful I'm not sure what to say as even in the case of American you can find bitter commentary about how things didn't turn out how certain people wanted them to.

>In what way has the French Revolution a failure?

The fact that they all started chopping off everyone heads until the main head chooper got chopped himself

The American Revolution was honestly not that radical, it just removed a middle-man (Great Britain) from the equation. The power structure stayed the same. It was not any kind of class-based revolt. The actual class-based revolts were stomped out by the elites.

It also helps that the constitutional system had checks and balances, there was no easy loophole that someone could exploit in order to seize power. Washington maybe could have, but he didn't, and that set a precedent.

Not really, they still dominated our trade for a long ass time and literally robbed us of our sailors, even after the war of 1812.

oh the irony

kinda shows why you shouldnt be so quick to execute people

I think some people hold the founding fathers on way too high of a pedestal.

they did a lot, but like i said earlier, the american revolution was a revolution of the mind - they didnt do much to protect the rights and liberties of anyone who wasnt a white male land owner, which were pretty much the same people who had dominance in the british empire

i mean holy shit we had slaves until a civil war, and 100 years after that we used a separate but equal policy, none of which is necessarily the founding fathers fault but if they truly wanted a society where everyone was equal and free, they would have been willing to free their own slaves and give shares of their own land to former slaves - something i really dont see them doing.

This, the American revolution was at its heart a colonial revolt. While it did lead to an unprecedented style of government after the fact, that was really more codifying and refining the colonial government that was already in place, instead of building from the ground up.

Also, there was no real social aspect to the American revolution, past making sure that there was some moderate patriotism so people felt invested in the new country. Compare that with some of the absolutely retarded shit you saw in France, Russia, or God help us, China.

>Muh Trump is terrible

Yeah, I'm sure all those WASP plantation owners are spinning in their graves because an isolationist, anti immigrant business man got voted in. By the will of the states over the will of the mob, no less.

It wasn't, America got infiltrated within 30 years.