PlayStation 4 General #508 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/

Previous thread Dogs are cuter than Cats Edition

========================================

Join the official /ps4g/ Discord!
discord.gg/jaeNT8K

>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night have PlayStation VR support
gematsu.com/2018/02/persona-3-dancing-moon-night-persona-5-dancing-star-night-playstation-vr-support

>Hokuto ga Gotoku demo now available in Japan
gematsu.com/2018/02/hokuto-ga-gotoku-demo-now-available-japan

>Shining Resonance Refrain coming west for PS4 this summer
gematsu.com/2018/02/shining-resonance-refrain-coming-west-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc-summer

>2D action platformer Fox n Forests coming to PS4 this spring
gematsu.com/2018/02/2d-action-platformer-fox-n-forests-coming-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc-spring

>My PlayStation web service launched
gematsu.com/2018/02/playstation-web-service-launched

>Burnout Paradise Remastered announced for PS4
gematsu.com/2018/02/burnout-paradise-remastered-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

>Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus launches May 31 in Japan
gematsu.com/2018/02/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-1-plus-launches-may-31-japan

>The first 18 minutes of Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
gematsu.com/2018/02/first-18-minutes-ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom

>DJMAX Respect launches March 6 in North America and Europe
gematsu.com/2018/02/djmax-respect-launches-march-6-north-america-europe

>Moss launches February 27
gematsu.com/2018/02/moss-launches-february-27

========================================

>PS4 Pro vs Slim comparison
pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA02429_00-BATTLEFIELD01REV
store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA02429_00-BF1TF2ULTIMATE00
twitter.com/josef_fares/status/968155757509095424
psnprofiles.com/Ceresa
youtu.be/4Z2gR3gKFrQ?t=32
wccftech.com/vanquish-2-xbox-one-exclusive/amp/
ebay.com/itm/PS2-Bundle-fat-console-CIB-and-slim-console-CIB-with-32-games/152923464767?hash=item239af2e43f:g:mYUAAOSwigxalFCS
twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/968232682105778177
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh boy I sure love me some PS4 games.

Battlefield 1 Revolution
store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA02429_00-BATTLEFIELD01REV

Battlefield 1 & Titanfall® 2 Ultimate Bundle
store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA02429_00-BF1TF2ULTIMATE00

are they really giving Titanfall 2 for an extra 0.2 cents, is it worth it?

Bunnies are better.

Cats are the best.

That isn't a cat, it is an anime girl!

She is a cat

bought Horizon yesterday
wish me luck

It's really not that good.

Abyss mode is tough.

Fucking 50,000 HP Izanami with her lowering your Def too.

>linking to the gematsu article for my.playstation.com again and not to my.playstation.com
Why though?

Skyrim VR is actually very fun! Melee is pretty cool but the enemies still react and behave in that Skyrim specific garbage manner so that's not a fun option long term. Bow shooting is a neat gimmick, you actually have to stand sideways to properly pull the bow and aiming works very well, but overlapping move controllers can lead to tracking issues on a regular basis. Maybe I'm still doing it wrong though.
Magic on the other hand is finally fun in Skyrim. The moment I first shot lightning from both hands in independant directions I chuckled like and idiot. You can really go full palpatine there and that is definitely fun.

The game is set to super easy on default and I might just leave it there, just because I can't be arsed to do much busy work for chracter advancement in VR. You're not weaker though, the game plays much better that way. Aiming and the teleportation movement give you quite the edge over enemies.

Teleportation movement is insane in itself, you can climb higher ledges than normally, you can move much faster than normally and no movement ever drains stamina. They did patch physical movement in, with jumping and sprinting, but it's inferior.
Though, you may not want to wander the wide fields by teleporting around, which is why I set the game to physical movement for world travel and teleportation for dungeons. I just pretend I'm a mad always teleporting wizard in combat.

So yeah, it's fun. I also get the impression novice difficulty speeds up craft progression in fields such as alchemy and smithing which is also fine by me.

I will upload some screenshots later today but obviously it looks like the PS3 version. Maybe even worse.

Gameplay and graphics are very good.

Writing is offensively bad.

Guys I think the last thread died

I was ready to watch this one die too. What the fuck are you playing at bumping this shit?

Remember to get your limited quantity szechuan sauce at McDonalds today.

Is it actually good?

>tfw your friend stops talking to you because they thought you hated them

Is it me or does this look barely better than the first game in terms of visual effects and polygon density but run at the same 720p resolution?

Maybe early version but considering how great the first game looked on it's plattform, the lack of progress is disappoiting if bearable.

The save transfers over and it releases 1 month later, so I guess the final version isn't going to be too different?

Defend this.

Since Danganronpa general is useless I might ask here as well.
Is V3 worth 35 bucks?
Loved the first one.
The thing is, I'm on a tight budget so I must be certain that I will get my money worth.
How long is this game?

Yo is that before tax?

Have you played the 2nd? If not, play that first.

If yes, then you already know if you like the series or not. What a dumb fucking question.

I don't really have how to play it.
Don't have PS Vita
And 2 on PS4 you can only get by buying pack including 1, which I don't need.

>let me just skip a giant part of the story in a story heavy game and go straight to the third part
Fucking idiot.

No. It's a very boring VN with deviantart-tier characters and the plot is so backwards and retarded that only Japan could come up with it.

Okay, first of all
No need to be rude, fella.
Second
I just assumed that each entry is different story, since it features different characters.

>literal reddit spacing
>getting triggered over someone being rude through the internet
You don't belong here. Please leave.

Yes, although some people didn't like the final part. However he's right that you really should consider playing 2 first.

For the main game of V3, probably 30~40 hours. The post game stuff is very time consuming and will double this time and maybe more.

>muh sekrit club
He can be wherever he wants to be.

I'm "getting triggered", as you are saying, by unnecessary hatred toward my character.
Thank you, user.
I guess that is what I'm going to do.

Try the Demo.
It's looks, sounds and plays exactly like the first game.

The 2nd game is the best game and I am not just saying that. It has the best story and set of characters. They basically fucked themselves over with making the sequel as it'll probably never reach that height again

But lads is the music in DR3 as dope as in 2?
Because that music in 2 oh god.

Will play DR3 anyway once I'm done learning core 2k Japanese

Welcome back to Veeky Forums /ps4g/! We would like to inform you that were gone to long for this thread to count as 508. Therefore you must re title the thread to 1 for the next one you make.

yeah it's really good

I'd say it's at least as good as 2, but OST is pretty damn expensive.

twitter.com/josef_fares/status/968155757509095424

Piss off Katawa Shoujo gen

Oh, I am sure I will when this thread dies again in a few hours

Friendly reminder that /based/ YNA will take the first MHW plat here.

I already got it
psnprofiles.com/Ceresa

Nice profile link, clown. How about posting a couple of screenshots?

I am at work right now

lmao

Sorry, i am not a platlet neet like you and have a job. I also have a gf if that gets your boils boiling

This game is a lot better than i thought it would be.

Nice meme Citrus but we are not rubbing that around your butthole

Not quite PS4, rather PS2.

Anyone have any experience fixing a silver PS2 slim 79001 series?

The PS2 in question will read blue disc PS2 games (I assume CD's) no problems, but when it tries to read a normal PS2 game, it will grind and give up.

The problem is similar to what is in this video: youtu.be/4Z2gR3gKFrQ?t=32

With the top off, I watched it load a CD no problem; when I watched it try to load a DVD, the laser went towards the center of the disc and grinded as it was reading outwards.

I saw some suggestions such as loosening screws, or adjusting the pot, but that doesn't seem to be the solution for this particular one. Any ideas?

Here's a suggestion. Buy a new one for $5

wccftech.com/vanquish-2-xbox-one-exclusive/amp/

EVEN FUCKING MS SECURING EXCLUSIVES AND YOSHIDA IS A FUCKING CÙCK

>fell in love
>couldn't express my feelings to /ps4g/ because they were dead for 2 days
>fell out of love

Cheers for naming the anime in the file name.

Dead foe less than a day

new laser?

Here you go dumbass
ebay.com/itm/PS2-Bundle-fat-console-CIB-and-slim-console-CIB-with-32-games/152923464767?hash=item239af2e43f:g:mYUAAOSwigxalFCS

just like your momma

What the fuck EDFbros I thought we were the life of the party.

Faggots who eat dick are not the life of the party

Don't you have a monster hunter thread to cry in about how dead your end game content is?

Got a plat for Tales of Berseria arter 122 hours of playing, 42 of which were grind for plat after post-game content was cleared.
I don't think I'll pick up another action-RPG ever again. After playing through Tales of Berseria, Nights of Azure 1 and 2, The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Nier Automata and spending 3000 hours in Phantasy Star Online 2 the only action-RPG that I didn't fall asleep while playing was Automata, which is very different in that it plays more like a shmup.

of course you're going to get burned out after playing two shit games like nights of azure and hundred knight.

Fact: People that complain about "no endgame content" have no life.

I don't think that's entirely true as i was complaining about no end game content for Destiny 2 in the beginning and no one believed me. Now look at the game, a wasteland.

This is it. /ps4g/ is dead.

While my post was inflammatory shit and you're right, that was still not my point. The thing is, Destiny 2 is dead... but so what? I'll play again once new content is out. The bigger bummer about Destiny 2 for me was lack of ambition and decrease in writing quality.

And sure, it's fun to do regular gsming sessions with friends, but you can still do that hopping from game to game.

Border Break will save it.

Mein Führer...

>I'll play again once new content is out
Lmao. Did you also enjoy cure of oshit? I will never again by another bungie product after what they did to Destiny and I am sure a lot of others like me who bought Destiny 1 and sunk hundreds of hours into it won't either. The series is dead and I would be extremely surprised if they try to make a 3rd as it will tank faster than Infinite warfare

Dream Tank Match will save us

Why are these generals so dead?
I thought ps4 was a popular console

I mean yes I probably won't play the next as Osishit was bad. I mentioned how I hated the writing now. But that's how I played D1. I didn't run Raids every week, I had long breaks between Taken King, Machine whatever and D2.

Someone requested Skyrim VR screenshots so here are some. More tomorrow

Magic is really fun when each hand is a move controller

I don't know shit about Skyrim. Is there a build for Spells in one hand and weapons in the other one? Because roasting draugers with your left and then stabbing and slashing them with your right once they get close feels intuitive and I'm under the impression that I'm very cool.

It looks very bad when you gaze across open fields...

...but at times respectable inside buildings and caves.

People just make a general for every game

fuck high rank monsters keep one shotting me

Level destruction and one hand skills

Feeling it

Looks like Death End Re;Quest got to rank A+.

i hope they bring this west

Surely they would, I imagine that's why they set up IFI.

Fuck the west

Fuck you, trash weeb.

>PC
haha cucked
please don't call me an eop

Fuck the east

It's a PC wallpaper.

I was destined for greater things than /ps4g/

twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/968232682105778177
New exploit for ps4 was posted by qwertyoruiop.
So now we have every fw up to 4.55.

I thought there was a 5.xx one?