Hey guys seeing how volatile the crypto market is and how the price changes by the hour...

Hey guys seeing how volatile the crypto market is and how the price changes by the hour, im thinking of using this to my advantage.

Im not entirely confident that this strategy will work as theres probably logistical problems set in place to prevent people from doing this. By this i mean selling at the micro-bubbles then buying again at the micro-dips etc etc.

How sustainable is this tactic? Im thinking of using coinbase but im also considering what the fees are, as sometimes the microdips and microbubbles only mean 30 cents or so.

Make sure you are beating the fees.

This is hard to do in coinbase because of the ridiculous fees. 4% !!!

Is there an exchange where u can trade like this in real time with mininum fees?

Wow that's brilliant! How come nobody has ever thought about it?

I dont know if this is sarcasm but people have done this in the past.

I just dont know what exchanges and markets they utilized

I do that all day long on bittrex.

Ive bought and sold the same coin 4 times in the same day.

The issue is Although you can hit the same coin and make 1.5% like three times in an evening, when that coin drops 15% because bitcoin decides to rally, now your stuck with all your capital tied up in one coin. Now you wait for it to go back to close to what you bought for, but during that time you money is tied up so you cant buy anything else.

So basically, the strategy works, but now and again you take some big hits

cant u just put it into usdt when u feel uneasy. Or even into eth. Also if ur jsut trading eth trade on GDAX. Very low volatility right now there so not that good.

No, cause then you are trading out of the coin, so if the coin recovers you dont gain any money back

So an example would be I bought STEEM after it dipped from its big boom. Not because I figured it was a good long term buy, but because there was still a lot of volume, and it have very definitive support and resistance points. So I bought at like 52K, sold at 54K, bought at 52K, sold at 53.5, then bought again at 51. Next thing I know it takes a nose dive and loses 30% of its value.

So compounded, let say I started with $100. First trade got me to $103.80. Second trade, I have more money going in, so I dont need as high a yield, so I end that with $106.84. One more trade and I'm up to $110.91. Then I buy at 51k and it drops to 41. So now I'm down to $90.

So it took three good trades after a lot of studying and watching to make 10%, compounding each trade, then next thing ya know I'm down 20%. So now I'll need 4 trades (cause theres less profit per trade, cause I have less money) to get back up to my original $100.

So I leave the money in it and just hope it bounces back. My STEEM is back at 44.23 now, but that puts it at $96. And for two days, its $96 I didnt have that I could have spent to trade other crypto

and you have fees involved in every transaction so you probably want to invest more than $100 to make it easier to beat fees and then you've got the obvious risk factor going up

No one ever talks about how they deal with the taxes involved in trading.

You never cash out :^)

If you never convert to fiat you never have to pay taxes

As more people get into crypto and realize they can only avoid taxes by not cashing out, it may result in more people remaining as crypto holders, speeding up the adoption of crypto as a legitimate form of currency in people's minds.

The fees are based off of a percentage of the trade. So it doesnt matter how much you spend.

I track all my gains and loses and my spreadsheet automatically calculate my fees. So if you see a rolling coin, I put in the support and resistance, and where I target to buy at safely, and then my spreadsheet tells me what to put my sell at based off of the percent profit I want.

If I have $5 left over while I'm waiting on trades I'll use that to trade against something I'm graphing that I'm unsure about, just to kind learn from it (so maybe I lose a dollar if it goes really bad, but the knowledge I gain is worth that dollar spent)

BTW, RADS just mooned, get in quick if you want quick profit.

I thought this was false.

Its not

You only have to ever pay capital gains tax if you exchange your commodity for fiat.

For example if you owned a house worth 200k and it appreciated in value 2 years later to 300k, you dont have to pay taxes on that. Swapping houses is also a really common way to avoid paying taxes.

There was a guy on biz last few days who was scaring the shit out of me regarding trading cryptos. Was saying that each shapeshift/transfer from coin to coin was a taxable event. I was like well fuck that how the hell is it profitable to trade cryptos then. I thought he sounded a little extreme, but I've yet to see any proof of the tax code regarding this shit. Only thing that sounds positive is the "wait a year" meme before chasing out.

I remember that post, I'm pretty sure he was discredited in that same thread later.

tfw you get a good tip from someone on Veeky Forums

Good looking out, man

Then he's an idiot, crypto doesn't come under sales tax, it's capital gains tax.

I try.

I cashed half out at 18% gains. Didnt want to get greedy.

But now I'm at 22% and its still climbing.

I'm glad someone read my post and made some money. I've posted a bunch on here and it seems no one listens