/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/8/8/tekken-7-fr-arcade-online-update-version-c-balance-changelis.html
twitter.com/Runitblack/status/966844623225159681
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I HATE ALISIA

or answer in this one I guess

Master Raven is the cheapest, most dishonest hidden top tier character in this game.

Stay woke.

I can't believe someone last thread was complaining about Claudio's design being derivative when Tekken characters are largely just aping of action movies and anime that Harada and the team like. For fucks sake Raven was 1:1 Wesley Snipes.

Thanks for the combos man, both of those ch ff4 ones are great.
I have trouble hitting it after qcb4, 1+2, db2, 1 and then the ff4, I usually just do the 4,3,4 combo instead.

Why didn't you reply to him then instead of being a passive aggressive bitch?

Though if you're using Raven as an example of a good design, then idk wtf to even tell you.

ye that ones pretty tight so you just gotta do it but its much easier on bigger chars and not really a needed combo since the one youre already doing is already good

Because it was from like 4 hours ago and I only read it just now. Also I didn't feel like going back and finding his post to give him a (You).

And if you are shitting on Wesley Snipes then you might be gay, friend.

You know what i hate about Tekken characters?
Tribal tattoos.

You're right. Unoriginal rip-off characters should be applauded and used as a blueprint for success. Creativity is obviously a thing of the past.

How could I have been so mistaken.

I want to lick Lili's feet

I want to lick feet's Lili

Whose original in this cast? Literally almost everyone was based on something down to the devil gene, the crux of the entire franchise, being just a big send up to Devilman.

There's nothing wrong with being influenced by things, it's about what you do with it. Paul Phoenix was inspired by Polnaref in JoJo but is a wholely unique character, Claudio is inspired by many things but his personality and his motivations as an asshole exorcist is unique to him.

>asshole exorcist
>asshole
What? I thought he was lawful good

He's lawful in the sense he sticks to his guns/code and he is good in that he wants to eliminate demons, but he's a smug fuck who talks down to people unless they appear useful. Hell after he beats up Ling in the story he stoops over her and just smugly goes "Sorry, but I think we will make a great team after this. You will make excellent bait, after all."

Nobody knows his personality, because he doesn't have one.

Sure but those words could have come straight out of Lee's mouth. You don't think he's an asshole right? They're both just flamboyant/ smarmy

I most certainly think Lee is an asshole. But Lee also has more compassion for people where as Claudio has a more pompous air to him such as his sarcastic clapping.

>walks into fight with a noose

You guys are safe to play ranked for a while I'm not playing atm

I'm sure the silvers will rejoice

What are the general weaknesses of Master Raven?

no abusable moves. very punishable.

I never mentioned mishimas or paul

NOT AN ARGUMENT

Big moveset.
>very punishable
You're going by framedata alone, but that's not enough when talking about Raven.
She's the one character whose punishable moves actually have a mixup in them: either a BT mixup or a followup

Shit I forgot.
Other than having a big moveset, she also has bad punishment because she can't launch until 16 frames standing, and she doesn't have anything for 13 frames from WS aside from her generic WS4 with shitty range.

She can launch from WS at 14 frames but meh

pls respond
I already know some mids got turned into special mids but I'd rather have a complete detailed list of the nerfs

if her uf3+4 orbital isnt abusable I dont know what is
It has a low followup that is a CH launcher, and a mid followup that can be done in reaction to the launcher being blocked ( so you dont have to commit to it ruining the combo if uf3+4 lands )

The low itself can be let go, delayed, or cancelled into either nothing or a mid launcher.

avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/8/8/tekken-7-fr-arcade-online-update-version-c-balance-changelis.html

I think this balance patch affected him the most.

All that "more worse" hurts to read.

Is yellow the tekken equivalent of silver in sfv?

I don't know but that's a dumb question and you should go back to fgg

Master Raven no abusable moves? You kidding me? You can't punish shit because there's always some extension coming that will fuck you up with a counter hit launcher if you try to punish her. Stuff like uf+3+4 and its extensions, qcf+4, her cd mixups, cd2 being a low that leads to like 80 damage with no walls, her ws2 being probably the best in the game, the best wall damage and wall carry in the game. She routinely crushes highs with basically her whole moveset. I fucking hate this character so much that it's not even funny. I'm a Steve player.

is Tekken: Blood Vengeance worth a watch?

yes but only if you watch it on my CyTube room together with all other tekgen anons like we did last summer

It's more like ultra gold to maybe Platinum

DJ is basically a better version of Bob.

Not an argument

>better mid pokes
>better low pokes
>better hellsweep
>chad ewgf instead of the virgin CH cd1
>same gameplan

lul

You forgot to add
>easier to play

This is an argument, don't debate me

12f and 14f punishes aren't great

Her 2,4 is a great 10 frame punisher, and her 4,1 is also good for 12 frames because it has good range and leaves her in BT with plus frames.

If you were going to mention her punishment, then you should have said that her fastest launcher from standing is 16 frames instead of 15.

>>better mid pokes
>>better low pokes
This can be applied to just about every character when compared to DJ
>>better hellsweep
His hellsweep is better than all other hellsweeps and hellsweep proxies
>>chad ewgf instead of the virgin CH cd1
Ewgf outclasses most launchers in the game
>>same gameplan
How is their gameplan the same?

Aggressive poking character with focus on mixups and string pressure.

Yeah that's pretty fair. I would say the reasons to prefer Bob is preferring his specific tools, liking more reliance on wavu wavu, and preference to his aesthetics.

>preferring his specific tools
That makes sense only for his 2,1 jab which is high-mid, and also if you like hopkicking shit.
Other than that his awful punishment from both standing and ws doesn't make him viable imo

Claudio's WR2 is absolute fucking shit. Let's have a look. It:
>Crushes low
>CANNOT be parried for whatever fucking reason
>Tracks so sidestep isn't viable, even to his left side
>Can be instantly followed put with his hopkick (which is also bullshit)

uh maybe don't mash after you block it?

it's like his only good move in neutral

Ok so I wait for him to finish his hopkick. Then fucking what? It's safe as houses!

Umm, actually I am intelligently and consciously choosing to use a slow launcher to block punish which is the very opposite of mashing.

who are you playing as

Also fuck you for making me ask that instead of mentioning it yourself in your first post.

Block-punish a +7 on block move huh?
Alright.

The parry should have been a clue. Asuka. I'm still terrible with her after a couple of days, incidentally. It's somewhat rare that I score a juggle and when I do, I drop the combo more often than I hit it.

2,4 is 12 frames, hopkick is -13 so it fits.

Forget combos and gimmicky shit for a minute.
Learn movement and poking, there are plenty of videos out there for those things

I've not played for a month or so and I come back and every online match lags like hell, while my internet seems to be just the same as it was before. The hell is this shit?

This is a list of characters that are DIRECT UPGRADES of other characters.
There is no reason to main the latter outside of looks.

>Shaheen >>> Katarina, Lee
>Ling >>> Eddy
>Devil Jin >>> Jin, Bob, Heihachi, Kazuya
>Feng >>> Miguel

Feng and Miguel are nothing alike

Platform? I play on pc rarely get lag even against some 2 bar players

Systematically provide evidence to the contrary.

What's your platform?
And fuck you for making me ask.

>Tracks so sidestep isn't viable, even to his left side

You can sidestep is pretty reliably; it just takes some practice. Same for Dragunov's WR 2. Claudio's WR 2 is very strong, If you block it you can't press anything cause he's like +7 or something. It becomes more oppressive if he has STB because of STB d/f,2,2

They're both poking characters, except Feng has functional arms, a better df1, better pokes, better lows, better CH moves, better combo damage.

Pc, sorry, thought everyone here is a PC player.

>it becomes more oppressive because of a string that you can block on reaction

???

Shaheen is a direct upgrade of all slide characters. Just as effective, if not more. + less execution heavy.

How is Katarina like Lee and Shaheen?

Law with proper execution is far above Shaheen.

Aggressive poker that looks for CHs.

he fucked up the notation as well
it's d2,2
df2 is a ch launcher and df2,2 doesnt exist

Law is better than Shaheen played well. Playing Law well is hard though so Shaheen has the edge when it comes to ease of use.

This is a list of characters that are DIRECT UPGRADES of other characters.
There is no reason to main the latter outside of looks.
Devil Jin, Drag >>>>>>> every other character

I disagree. Shaheen is easier to pick up, and easier not to fuck up. He has a pretty solid kit imo

Not every one will every time. I get that the framedata says it's reactable but in an actual match people make mistakes. If Claudio doesn't have access to STB d,2,2 then you're are safer in a situation when you've blocked a WR 2.

There are plenty of characters with wildly different gameplans than those two.

That's why I said Law -with proper execution- is better than Shaheen, which is true.

Complete bullshit.
If he has starburst you should be alert for that d2,2
The only way it can hit a good player is if it's a counter hit, but even then top level Claudios consider d2,2 a complete waste of Starburst and they're rather go for f1+2,1+2 instead which is a far better move.

saved for future debateposting

Feng's evasion and panic moves make him very different from Miguel. Miguel is all pokes and Feng is pokes + evasion.

FUCKING KENPO STEP

absolute retard
shaheen and kat aren't similar
ling and eddy are completely different
dj and heihachi/kazuya aren't that similar
feng and miguel aren't very similar either

Holy shit I just read through RunItBlack's Twitter responses about Eleague and this is a glorious amount of butthurt. Even if the more questionable people weren't included he still wouldn't considered over several other players. Hell Bronson should go more than RiB.

yeah, so many good drag, d.jin players like.......................jdcr and.............??????????????????????????

nobi and qudans

Miles got in and she can't backdash on 2p side

twitter.com/Runitblack/status/966844623225159681

Who is this guy?

Yeah she got in largely because of the fact she's a girl who is decent and sponsored. That aside if we removed her RiB is fucking far from consideration of taking her spot.

lmaoo rib is such a fucking ape

The literal embodiment of what it means to be a Jin player stereotype

is kkokkoma autistic?

I think he's adorable. Just watch him laugh his ass of while his team got TPK'd at Mastercup.

I don't know but he's the best player in Korea.

whyd you say that chokkoma is far from that and never did shit in tournament hes essentially just a ranked monster

He beats everyone in the long run. Short sets are different and worse players have a better chance at beating him.

He has the perfect ability to download someone but he is working on a dial up connection

I think he'll start winning everything in a few years. JDCR and Saint should stop being pussies and start dming people on PC.

The only dishonest characters are:

Asuka
Bears
Eddy
Hwoarang

They DM people in arcades

Arcades are dead.

Now I hate bears, but when every mix up is just as dangerous for them to use as it is for the defender, then wouldn't that be the definition of honest?