/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

loverslab.com/files/file/368-shaydows-vampirelord-overhaul/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Block
lolicon.legacywaste.org/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43765/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33289/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DEAD ON ARRIVAL

What's your favorite race to play as, /tesg/? I can't live without Night Eye, so I'm a Khajiit from here on out.

Xth for almost sweet release for /tesg/

>Last character was doing just fine and then a draugr wight fucking chopped one of my arms, then the other. I kinda felt like the black knight from monthy python. Then I died because what the fuck could I do?
>install nipple magic
>can still cast magic even without your arms

I'm planning on doing a vampire character, are there any decent mods that changes how the lord form looks for beast races?

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

Dunmer

I can't play with non-human races. I find very hard to get attached to argonians, khajiit and such. I like and prefer non-human followers but when it comes to my character I don't see the appeal.

Redguard or Orc. Adrenaline Rush and Berserk are both really good.

I started my first beast race (Khajiit) a couple months back when I wanted to do the TG for the first time since '11. Maybe it's just the literal cat burglar, but it's not bad. I think it's easier to do if you have a very specific play style in mind.
That said I will probably never play as an Argonian.

redguard master race

Redguard

Rate my akaviri.

light armored one-handed builds can totally work. I played a sword-singer redguard on vanilla master difficulty using super low tier guard armor and a blades sword (later bound sword for an ansei shehai).

i later recreated the same run with a full mod setup and it was just as effective and a lot more fun. keys would be to spec into weapon speed, damage mitigation via blocking, and utility shouts such as become ethereal, slow time, elemental fury, etc. alchemy is my go-to crafting skill for a build like this, but enchanting and smithing can both totally work depending on your mods. or be a pleb and use multiple crafting skills.

Female Breton or Male Argonian

Was gonna take the easy way out and tweak a preset I found on the nexus, but I can't get the skin colour on her head to match the body, can anybody tell me why?

Does anyone know what the skin texture for this character was?

Not many. Closest thing I can recommend is this - loverslab.com/files/file/368-shaydows-vampirelord-overhaul/

You must have missed my post in the last thread but Cries uses a custom mix of Chaser's Argonian textures and Eiries' Asari texutres (the fish textures) with various other edits. If you want them, download the follower. Her textures are uncompressed and mostly seamless.

How effective is blocking as light? Do you mean blocking with a weapon or light shield?

And again, isn't the idea behind light armor to avoid being hit as much as possible? Like if you do, fine, your gear's tough enough to tank a few hits, just don't make a habit of it.

How would that work with two-handed? They're slow. Is the idea too stagger them so much that they just never attack?

TH has amazing single target DPS. Just dodge their hits, they'll most likely only fire out 2 before dying.

personally i just ran with that blades sword and an empty left hand, blocking with my sword. weapons are equally effective at blocking in vanilla, and they actually fare pretty well at it. you can get up to the block cap (85%) with weapons without going too far out of your way. plus weapons do better bash damage than shields (scaled based on base damage, so two-handers bash for more damage than one-handers generally).

sure, the idea is generally to avoid taking hits. i used weapon parry standalone, mortal enemies, and ordinator's timed block perks. so i could sidestep clumsy attacks, parry or time block to mitigate damage from a well aimed attack. ordinator timed block combos cause enemies to stagger, flee, lose their weapons, etc, leaving them vulnerable for ripostes.

desu in the endgame most light armor can hit the AR cap unless you've seriously retooled combat and AR with mods. but from a roleplay/immersion standpoint, yeah, it's better to try to dodge, parry, and riposte than to take damage head-on. (kind of true for all builds though..)

> Installs HDT SMP and UUNP
> Belly wobbling like a pointed stick while moving when it's not supposed to.
How do I fix this /tesg/?

Nord for warriors and dunmer for mages, they're the best at what they do

The idea is that you're able dodge any attacks and then kill the enemy while they're recovering. Because Light Armor benefits recovery speed and stamina consumption, you're able to sprint around a lot more in combat, putting as much distance between yourself and enemies as necessary. Then, you run in with the giant hammer and whack them, before getting hit maybe once before getting out of there.

Think Monster Hunter; you spend a lot of time in combat with your weapon holstered.

There's no real reason to use BruteForce unless you go out of your way to make your SSAO as low quality as possible when playing.

did you install via hdt all-in-one vagoo? if not, try doing it that way. the fomod comes with several different bounce strengths, so pick one that looks weaker or that says "natural" (sometimes the "natural" ones are not the weakest/subtlest options though - you may need to experiment with the fomod a bit to find the ideal options.)

Where can i find the download link too the textures?

With the way smithing is in this game you can boost light armor to be better than full heavy suits using enchanted rings and stuff to go even further. The top tier light armors work.

Why are we still here?

just to suffer

Well alright, I'll give it a shot. Assuming I can get over all this Ordinator autism, of course. Fucking hell, light armor, block, and one-handed alone is already filled with agonizing choices.

to be angry

I thought those guys were chinese or something. Also, I just noticed the "Aka" in Akaviri. And they were dragonslayers/hunters, right? Were they trying to merge dragons back in the Aka oversoul or something? Assuming what I read the other day about dragons being fragments of Aka that is
Am lorelet, pls halp

They were barbarians that genocided dragons and then went extinct or something with the blades carrying on their legacy.

>finally get out of console hell and into pc heaven
>the wonderful world of mods is open to me
>friend has been talking it up for years
>as soon as I get there he starts talking it down
>more troubleshooting than an customer service department
>more crashing than drunk daytona 500
>more compatibility problems than a mac with PC components
Is it really that bad? I just want to mod the crap out of skyrim and I suck at this stuff

You get used to it. Read the guide in the OP.

I play Light + 2H,

Light is pretty easy to get it to 520 ish as long you spend Smithing or Honed Metal installed..
Blocking is fun. and still overpowered, once you reach 120% ish
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Block

you already reduce power attack to 85% which is unnecessary.

the only thing scary in this game is Magic, and Shock. the AI is cunning as fuck they'd do anything to keeps their distance and even with high pool HP they can shot 15% of your red bar with decent spamrate. and when they feels like chewing morrowing skooma they wont give you anychance. that's being said, always 85% your magic resist before start reckless slam attornach and mages leveled dungeon. or you'll endup get rekt.

and see your heroine fucked to death. ohh yeah.

Just don't be an idiot and install 100 mods at once and you should be fine. The OP site has a lot of good info, but it doesn't have everything. S.T.E.P. is another place with good resources, like how to configure your ini files. Do it in baby steps and install a few mods at a time. Make sure to use ModOrganizer, so you don't have issues with your data folder, overwritten mods, and NMM just being shit in general. If you need help, ask here.

But, that said, Skyrim is a buggy piece of shit. It CTDs with little to no reason. It has its quirks. I went from a shitty laptop to a really nice desktop recently, but I'm plagued with enb that works perfect, except I have no subsurface scattering. I've scoured the net, asked friends, and did a lot of extra troubleshooting and I still can't get it to work. That's just how this game is some times. It's a piece of shit, but you can still enjoy it,

as that guy said
>Just don't be an idiot and install 100 mods at once and you should be fine.
don't even think slam more than 3 after a save with dozens already running.

Modding system in skyrim isn't as complicated as other game. (well other than SKSE and ENB)
it's just a wrap. put files in Data folder and the mod files override the default gamefile.

Altmer. You'd have to be pretty ridiculous to not wanna play natural born elven mages.

I'd normally agree, but ES elves look like weird goblin creatures. It's gross.

You gotta embrace it for a while to get used to it I think. Call me weird but I actually like the strange look.

Anyone got good ideas for music to add to my game so far i've added in some oblivion, morrowind and diablo 2 soundtrack

I'm new to Skyrim modding, what mod manager do you guys use? As anyone tried Vortex?
I'm playing SE btw.

I don't want to embrace those bug-eyed freaks.

>Call me weird but I actually like the strange look.
You are weird.

Oh please, they don't even look THAT weird. Or am I talking to the Deus Vult poster?

Mod Organizer
Using anything else is just stupid

I admit my mental image of an Altmer is pretty different then what they actually look like. Still, they're a far cry from traditional, actually good-looking elves. See .

los brillantes duendes...

Is NMM no longer an acceptable option?

It was never an acceptable option

Dunmer are superior mages, Master Neloth is the most powerful mage in the game aside from maybe those Psijic cunts. No Altmer in Skyrim compares.

Spoken like a true shitposter.
Use what you want, NMM isn't bad but MO is better.

The only acceptable options are Mod Organizer or manual modding, the Dark Souls of modding.

Why does NMM have such a bad reputation anyway? Been using it for years without any trouble. Is it the sort of thing that only comes up when you use hundreds of mods?

got bashed recommend manual modding in /r/skyrimmods

what a bunch of faggots

What did dragons ever do for anybody? They're the ultimate useless jerks

It's just a concern that loose files between different mods would break the game.
MO has tools for troubleshooting that are invaluable to modding.

Paarthurnax taught men the voice and Nords used it alot in ancient times

>Dunmer are superior mages
That's probably because they worship the Daedra. Their kind has basically cheated for their magic.

T-Thanks.

>dunmer are superior mages
kek

Imagine an army of armor-plated, fire-breathing Nords. God damn. How did they ever lose?

let's say you have a brand new sports car.

there's new modifier brand just comes out, let's say exhaust system. but with NMM first thing you need to do is alter the engine works.

so you install an additional engine after the original engine. then so you could put your new brand exhaust pipe on new engine, Instead put the exhaust system directly on your main engine.

well now. every other parts you could add later like, intercoler, ECU, GearBox etc have to attached to the new additional engine itself or it wont works. and now your savegame baked into that NMM shit. once it's started having problem you can't help yourself not even a backup.
since you need your savegame adapt with how NMM was behave.

Only so they could fight back against their dragon overlords

Your high elf looks like a human with yellow skin, might as well play a breton

Altmer are better wizards overall. Neloth is an exception.
Just having one or two really good mages doesn't mean your whole race is made of super-mages. If the most powerful wizard in the world was an orc and the rest of them were as normal, would orcs be the most powerful mages?

that cute priest could use gloves.

Maybe she's trying to be incognito. Lots of people hate/want to rape elves.

>Elf
>Not actively seeking rape from big strong human men

Uhh you are breaking the lore sir I will NOT abide by this

There's not that many good altmer mages. The arch mage of the college is also a dunmer. They may have a more natural advantage but they underachieve.

Alright boys, round two of basically begging.

Anyone got any good PC female voice mods that arent on nexus? I remember finding one on a website infest with loli shit that was actually good, with shout voices and everything but cant find the website anymore. I cant stand the default voice.

>looks like a human
With these brow ridges, slanted eyes and sharp chin? I ain't seeing it, user.

Because they are subhuman unga bunga N*rds.

Might be the eyes, they're all big pupils in

Not him, but I was thinking of using parts of Cries' textures for my argonian. Along with the follower too, because Cries is adorable.

Do you have any other shots of your khajiit's vampire form? I'm not even going to try spelling her name.

Has anyone made an openly pedophile character before?

Probably, considering lolicon.legacywaste.org/ exists.

i really like bosmer and dunmer, i had a custom race for the longest time though so it's weird playing a normal race on my current character

>omg dudes what is this fourchan org place lmao am I in le deepweb xD

>people are weirded out by pedophiles
>pedo acts offended
dont be surprised.

WATCH OUT, THEY'RE AMONG YOU RIGHT NOW

Stop flaming me bros I've been here epically longer than you I've been here almost a whole year

>Miel
*woof*

why the fuck is nexus so goddamn slow right now?

Because you touch yourself at night.

Post lizards.

I've been working on her more, and I'm still working on her. What do you guys think of my improved oni? If you guys have any suggestions to help improve her, I'd be glad to listen. Also, I'm naming her Chunari.

Also, i'm going to start working with this Saraan Suum ENB.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43765/?

I lov-
ew enb

Perk overhauls for a combat archer?

Those are some big boobers, user

That's what I love about this armor. It's got bodyslide sets too it.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33289/
It's also got a skimpy version.

She got...Bigger than last time.

Is that bad?

Better than a sub-human lover.

What's your opinion on spell combos? If you like them, do you prefer figuring them out or being told what goes with what?

There's Divayth Fyr, too. I'm not aware of any specific Altmer super-wizards.

ded