freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

first for not gonna make it for demoday

Anyone looking for an artist? Tell me about your game.

Not responding to memes so don't even try.

>tfw game is in a playable but not fun state for demo day

post portfolio

Nice try.
Next.

Yes I am. I have quite a lot of spare income and I'm willing to pay.

the point of demo day is to find out what isnt fun

post one (1) sample to demonstrate your aesthetic approach towards art

Got few answers last thread vr TCG (yu gi oh style) or mobile geolocation (chao/Pogo inspired). I have the groundwork and proof of concept done for both but still bounce between them. This is no way to live.

>model in Blender
>uv unwrap in Maya
is this what true autism looks like?

3d medieval ter-edit sandbox rpg.
not willing to pay.

What tools do you use?

i cant figure it out

> vr TCG (yu gi oh style)
Would you model the monsters and shit or just have cards?

You are either desperate and I would hate to see the project, or you are trying to meme on me. No thanks!

I am more interested in non-commercial anyhow, and that actually sounds pretty cool. Tell me more? How far along are you, what engine, made any other games, what style you thinking?

Forgot to pulse a few times in between, but intro's there.

post portfolio

I already want to FUCK Etyliv.

Why does /agdg/ insist on meming artists so badly?

That's honestly the tough part. Right now the cards are modeled (very cleanly, only need splash art for new cards going forward), and the "gimmick" is having modeled creatures too, but then that means for every new creature I'd need a new model plus attacking, idle, death, and moving animations AT LEAST.

Homemade engine, C, OpenGL, SDL.

been developing this game for years, recently finished terrain editing and gravity, moving onto features.
Ive made shitty little zelda clones, tower defence, a 2d runescape proof of concept.

I like borderlands gritty cell shadding.
But as the art guy u can pick the direction.

I can't wait for rue34 of that character.

post bobs

2D or 3D?

Why the fuck is wanting to see the artist's portfolio a meme?

>borderlands gritty cell shading
That sounds excellent, yeah.

Unfortunately, I am simply just not interested in working with a homemade engine at this time. Good luck though

independently developed video games don't even exist

Can i ask why.
do you plan of developing in engine?
I would think ur just making assets, and ill make shaders and other tools for you.

Man, I know that feeling. And hate it, there's so much stuff wrong in my demo. At least it gives me a better hindsight as to what to do.
Plus, since it's an action game, almost everything I need to change is animation related, which means I need to consolidate the enemy designs, and by extend, the whole art direction. and boy what a suprise, I am bad at art

I'm sorry but I'm just not interested.

The whole "I'm an artist looking for a project but I wont show you anything!" is a meme. The guy isn't an artist and isn't looking for a project.

Anyone saved that webm of the medieval representation of this meme?

And your not interested in explaining why either?

Stop. This is a meme
>I'm an artist, post proof of your game
You post proof
>Sorry hunny, I don't work in

Every fucking thread. That's also why everyone wants artists to post portfolios first, because this shit happens so often.

Please, this is awkward and it's not easy for either of us, it would be best to just leave it at that. Good luck, really.

I don't think it's a meme if it's one guy

It's awkward because you haven't shown a sliver of proof that you're a artist, show portfolio or leave

How can I code a sequence of related actions in a clean way? A gun's burst fire for example. Storing a bunch of extra timers sucks but coroutines can't save state if you save the game mid-fire or something.

Mostly 2D but have done some 3D

What are you interested in working with?

Animation events/notifies/whatever your engine calls them

>the save system needs to correctly save the state mid-burst
Are you making a TAS game or something.

how can i demixel this wallpaper without redrawing it? even the pixely parts are antialiased and were scaled with some shitty algorithm instead of NN

That sounds excellent, yeah.

Unfortunately, I am simply just not interested in working with someone incapable of creating 4D art. Best of luck with your project.

Could this pass as an acceptable art style if done intentionally?

I'm doing some Ideaguying and PlotLoring for this thing, that I'll probably overscope and never finish like always, even while trying to keep it to a minimum.

Low poly play doh? Truly ahead of the curve

(Ye, gives me a RS2 feel if done well)

Expecting 10 copies bought.

No, but if a ship is launching a volley of shots, I don't want you to reload the game and the guns are on cooldown but you only have 1 active projectile instead of 5 or whatever.

Finishing up the painting mechanic.

How long does it take a full volley of shots to fire? I highly doubt anyone is going to fire their gun, instantly pause then save and reload then get pissy when their gun didn't fire all the shots. That's such an unlikely scenario I don't think it's worth worrying about.

you play as a gay black man with AIDS and you go into churches and stick nazis with dirty needles

Was Celeste a success? Why? What did it do different?

w-wew

Well the game autosaves (Ironman) and is a strategy game, so you could have potentially dozens of ships all shooting.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'd like to keep the game state as accurate as possible.

they're in the "in" indie scene, which means tons of marketing, etc

Their highest sales were on the Switch. That should explain all you need to know right there. Hint: The Switch is a great platform and you should make games for it.

My game is going to have graphics like Crysis. Can the switch run Crysis?

My game has terrible controls, no content, and isn't fun. Demo day here we come

any /agdg/ kickstarters going on right now?

Make sure to have the most important artist working on your game aggydaggy

Ion Maiden uses a heavily modified version of the Build Engine. Surly you could achieve the same aesthetic while also improving production speed and stability with in Unity or UE4?

Jokes on you, I was hoping you would post a demo because I like where your game is going.

Games aren't all about fun.

I could do it in Godot.

Yeah, but you wouldn't really have the nostalgia angle distracting people from the fact that FPSs where you can't look vertically aren't actually good.

How is Godot's Android support? Will games run on most devices/api levels?

Damn you got me

hookshot

unfortunately i don't have a playable demo yet, maybe next demo day

wtf am i even looking at

so I created a simple maze for my level and it looks pretty barren. Any tips for level design to make it more aesthetically pleasing besides adding random doodads about?

this is disgusting and i'd never play a game that looked like this
but thats just my humble opinion

>tegra

>officially made rule 34
n-nani

what is happening here?

strong color palette

Isn't a maze supposed to look boring and the same everywhere

the graphics didn't load in properly

>arches
>large creature that lurks atop labrynth walls
>bridges
>sections of wall that are actually plants
idk, show your maze faggot, it's hard to give ideas without knowing a single thing about your game or graphics or theme

how's your engine's context-aware music system coming along?

Probably a texture streaming issue, the nice ones haven't loaded in so the super low resolution and opaque versions are shown.

well yeah but I want to add to it so its not just a maze. Thinking about varying up the line widths for more interesting look.

It isnt so much a color problem as it is a shape problem. I basically have a bunch of square empty rooms connected to each other. Sure, the empty rooms could have a nice color but first I'd like to know what would be the best way to go about varying up the shape and what to put in the room to make it more appealing.

Godot 3.0 requires OpenGL ES 3 to run, so it only runs on higher end phones. But Godot 3.1 will have OpenGL ES 2 support which will run on older phones as well.
Other than the renderer, the support for mobile is good, the engine was designed to support both desktop and mobile games

I don't get it

Bit hard to answer that without knowing the theme, genre, or even how many dimensions the game is.

the church was actually evil all along

the mad scribbles of a disturbed nodev

I got it.

New rule: Every post that says "never gonna make it" must have a cute dog image.

Never gonna make it btw

congrats, you did it!

1st person dungeon crawler is the greatest genre of all time. If you're doing anything else, you're a retard.

>best way to go about varying up the shape
try using other shapes than square

I know those answers seem obvious to you, but not to me so thanks that is actually really helpful. I was kind of searching for abstract answers that could be used in any theme.

It is a bit of an abstract theme

WE did it

Opinions on the default setting for V-Sync?
"On" is definitely the standard, but it just adds input lag and I never see screen tearing without it

Will I get bad reviews complaining about screen tearing?

Turn-based multiplayer FPS.

doom rpg deathmatch?

i would unironically play that as long as it was simultaneous turns for maximum ridiculousness ala toribash

first stop being a retarded /v/ baby and learn what v-sync actually is and how it works.

Screen tearing is real, and probably more noticeable to casuals than a bit more input lag.