Gas Station Thread

Anybody here own a gas station or know about the business?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@29.795629,-94.9074747,3a,49.4y,98.57h,84.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6TvRTv4y-xb1NjA32053Pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, Akmed

I managed one once.
All the profits came from sales of snacks and stuff in the store.

now we have pumps that take your payment and restrooms that don't require you to go in and get a key. So there's really no reason for people to go in the store and buy things anymore.

Worked in one whilst i was at school.
Ask me anything

I know the gross revenue for gas stations is really high, and the profit margins are very low.

However, do you have a ball park amount for how much an absentee owner would net?

It's going to vary wildly by location and season.

The one I ran is in a small town (5k people) that gets a lot of summer tourism.

I only saw the books for the previous 3 years but the best the owner did that I saw was $23k and the worst was a loss of ~$150k.

But making a profit wasn't really his goal. He owns a pile of gas stations and most of his net worth comes from the value of the business and the property. So all he had to do was pay the mortgage, which comes out of gross, and he was ahead.

What's the point of building up the value of the establishment/land if the business itself isn't making any money?

Any would-be buyer would purchase it for the land?

or for the hopes of turning it around.

Looked into them briefly, margins seemed too tight and I didn't pursue it any further

Anything you pursue instead?

not him but self-storage is big these days.

What's the margins involved in Self-Storage?

Cost to enter?

Not that kind of thing, these sort of servo / convenience store / many franchise type things seem more suited toward say foreigners buying a job / residency rather than being at all lucrative in terms of profits, they're just those very obvious things that everyone has thought about getting into. Some guy was on here the other day talking about hooters franchises, seemed to reckon they could be run efficiently and produce a good return.

yeah could be ok in the right spot, feels like it would be pretty saturated still though. shit like oil disposal, dumpsters, recycling, it seems all overdone too but probably wouldn't get looked into ahead of a big gleaming gas station. so what's the next shittest thing that's pretty staple to societies but no one bothers to look into, due to invisibility, ignorance, disgust etc...

OP, I do. I will answer any questions you have. Will provide pics for proof.

True, my friend's uncle (pajeet) owns over 50 gas stations. He just builds a gas stations now.

This is a gas station he built:

google.com/maps/@29.795629,-94.9074747,3a,49.4y,98.57h,84.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6TvRTv4y-xb1NjA32053Pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

He usually builds it with 2-3 strip center spots, and then leases the gas station business portion to some new immigrant pajeet for like $14,000 monthly. The pajeet makes profit from the business + salary, and then just pays the lease. He also leases the 2-3 strip center spots for like $1500-$2000 monthly. Overall his monthly mortgage is only $13,000. He's making money not doing shit, and that's not even including the real estate value he's gaining.

How much is your gas station's monthly revenue? profit?

Any pics of the gas station?

Me again. Just gonna go through a quick FAQ before I post pics cause I'm drunk and really don't give a fuck. I own a 76 gas station, mechanic shop, and smog check station.

I'm located in Southern California, before 76 it was a Dutch Royal Shell station. The more gasoline you sell, the cheaper you are able to buy gasoline from your franchise (76, shell, chevron, etc).

I used to have a contract with fedEX and they used to pump gas like crazy at my station so I made great money, but nowadays I don't sell gas at all so the money I make comes from auto repair, smog check, and selling junk food.

If you have a good location, you will be rich, no questions asked. A lot of people will tell you that gas stations don't make money but that is bs. I'm in a bad location and I still make money, with a good location I could drive a lambo easily.

If you have any specific questions I can answer them. Most people come in and ask to use the restroom, I'm located by a freeway exit so I have to provide a restroom by law. It's bullshit though because 8 out of 10 customers will ask to use the restroom and not purchase anything. Do i provide a free restroom for people to shit all over? So many people ask for free air to fill their tires. The law states that someone MUST purchase something to receive free air and restroom, but niggers and spics will kill you over a cheeseburger so I just let everyone use my shit.

How many gas pumps do you have?
I hear the larger the gas canopy the more people stop buy to fuel gas for some reason.

Me again. Just wanted to point out that Conoco 76 are a bunch of cocksucking thieves. They will FUCK over their franchisees without breaking a sweat, they seriously suck dick.

Shell used to help us out and care about our performance, 76 just drops the gas off (at a premium even though it's all the same shit) and then they threaten you if you don't perform well.

Stay away from these cocksucking faggots.

Just 1 but the property is huge. Location is 100% everything in this business. Just having a driveway that is easily accessible will make you more profitable than your competition.

There is an Arco station nearby that sells gas at pretty much a loss right next to us. They make money purely by selling junk food. You will deal with A LOT of niggers, gypsies, spics, and other subhuman undesirables.

Any pics?

Me again. Niggers will get violent with your employees, spics will abuse your air machine and restrooms, and gypsies will just straight up steal from you.

This job made me hate black people & mexicans so much.

I've posted pics on biz before, if you REALLY want them I'll dig through my phone and post them. I took pics of my gas pump canopy after putting in new lights.

plz post sir.

How long have you owned the gas station?

Do you own the business or do you lease it from somebody?

I worked there and alot of them are nice if you're nice to them, the kids and some adults steal tho.

The solution is to get a low inhibition black dude to run the store.

pics??

What happens to gas stations when electric cars become common

So... can ya give me an addy so i can come visit?