/arena/ - Arena FPS General

I dunno how to embed edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

>QuakeNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), chances for same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, certainly there will be 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>DUSKNews
The DUSKWorld 1v1 actually happened it but it seems like there was no stream and it was all about discord lurkers (statement for this is: "Spectator wasn't ready yet", "this is sort of a prototype tourny" etc.) Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

>QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ejzqm1KWjg
discord.gg/yMgfTgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for HAPPY lizer

2nd for stoic nox.
patch date predictions? im hopin for first half of the month. they delayed once(or more?) already so hopefully it will come sooner rather than later

3rd for poor ranger. Will he retain his purity for his wife at home, or will he succumb to the temptations of otherworldly waifus?

His "wife" is probably just a Rocket Launcher he uses as an onahole

what would quad do in that scenario?

Surviving, one day at the time.

Are there people playing in CPMA? Most of the servers I join in Q3A are bots

Last I saw they said 15th of march.

not too bad i guess. whered you see this? i watched the last community stream and only remember them saying it was in march; did i miss it?

doesn't matter if you lose or win match in qc it sucks regardless.
Too much bullshit like instankill abilities, invulnerability and no proper stacks.

>207196327
t. N00b

>he can't even use Veeky Forums properly
You scrubs who need your instakill abilities and 2 minute rounds because you have no attention span for 10 minute duel are fucking disgusting.

>207200195
/owg/ is over there, you know.

Doesn't look much like a rocket launcher to me.

What are the best couch multiplayer split screen arena shooters

screencheat

timeslitters

timesplitters*

How could you justify a Timesplitters champ in QC?

>20 minutes into netflix and quad and she gives you this look
what do?

Tell her to find somewhere else to breed, Thot.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ejzqm1KWjg

>breed
>not eat

Is this the general to talk about Toxikk? Is it too ded to play?

Guess so...i did like the theme of the asian map.

I saw they had a free version out, but the three matches i played were 2 on 2 bot matches, even on loosest search settings.

>/arena/ - Arena FPS General
feel free to talk about it. not sure how active it is; i dont think very much

Excellent game. God I wish there was a PC version.

I asked my gf to draw Hunter. Hope you guys will like it.

You didn't forget what fun was yet, right /arena/?

This is gameplay with functional tribolt.

nyx got BLACKED

HERE COMES THE SUCK

Not bad.

part 2 of the fun ride was a rollercoaster

HUH

The last part was a crusade vs crusade, and we finally managed to pull off a win
I got the last kill after being the last kill in 2 previous matches

madness

Threadly reminder that Quake Champions fucking sucks. QW 4 life.

the GNU pepper?!

i remember early access with the one map and the rocket launcher was a total power weapon, like in doom 3. good times. had to drop it though because they were dragging their feet in development

there a story behind that image?

Surprised you didn't fucking ragequit you shitter lmao

what makes him a shitter? why do you think he would ragequit?

>shitters defending shitters
make diamond in duel and then talk to me lmao

I make comfy maps and take aesthetic screencaps. This is something you can't do in Quake Champions because it's locked down proprietary shit.

it was just two simple questions, i dp not understand why you were so hostile at what appeared to be screenshots of goofy matches for fun.

>custom content in FPSes is literally dead thanks to Actiblizz and Valve to a lesser extent

How?

MW2 proved that shooters could be released on PC with literally no dedicated server support and still be successful
Overwatch is the fully evolved of this cancer
While Valve hasn't outright gotten rid of dedicated servers and custom content, they've deliberately taken steps to keep players out of the server browser and in their official matchmaking for both TF2 and CSGO

whats your stack at /arena/? the next part of this advertisement is to quickly click on the crackers to stack them. i use it to practice flick movements

>but it seems like there was no stream
There was a stream but it was only for the semifinals/final. It was adhoc as fuck though and casted by a dev who had no idea how to cast, though he did sort of learn by the end. Still, that's only three matches and 2 of them were one-sided as fuck.

discord.gg/yMgfTgk
If anybody is looking for a new arena game to play, this one has that and a fun little campaign

gunz? that shit is still around? i remember playing that back in high school, it was filled to the brim with cheaters. the premise of the game seems really cool but man was it fucking boring.
how is this an arena shooter anyway? its a 3rd person parkour-thing shooter, at least the 1st game was

HUH

huh?

jesus i remember playing some version of this ages ago and it was ghetto as fuck

>these tiddies

Titty monster in QC when?

She was here since day one, combatant.

>Fanart

why not pick a single server for /arena/ and all play on it?

New movement will make the game feel like shit. You heard it here first
They're memeing you with ":^) we got rid of speedcaps!", but the whole thing is actually about making people slower in combat and easier to hit
Yes, you'll be faster at top speed, in "movement mode" throughout the maps. But in combat you'll accelerate less with WASD, you'll be less mobile on the ground than in any other Quake

146.71.78.147:27972
>146.71.78.147:27972
146.71.78.147:27972
>146.71.78.147:27972

official q3/arena/ server

except people are already testing the next patch on the PTS

They tested changes related to the patch during the first week. They're now testing other possible changes to collect feedback

Decide that it's time to make some eggs.

DOAH

New moves are fucking shit

EURGH

Stop dying

HUH

I am tired of HUHing, should I give a go to write a one sided Nyx/Ranger greentext here?

Is it lewd?

Yes, but only if its cute

It better be Nyx lusting. Ranger is a loyal family man.

Either that or try sparking up some discussion I guess

A bit, not enough to (hopefully) send me to /trash/

Arena shooting is too stale of a genre to spark any proper discussion. Every attempt at develop it has been rejected by the puritans. Unless you can dominate it with fast mouse-hand alone, it ain't worthy for them. Connecting hits should be easier but the weapons and levels should be more complex and dynamic to allow more varied tactical approaches.

AFPS Are already very bizarre in the sense movement is close to 50% of effectiveness (varying with the game, but in Quake it surely is)
It's a game in which you can take a LOT of shots before you die. At most one (or a couple with automatic weapons) of them will be when you're unaware. Contrast this with a realistic shooter, in which you're usually dead by the time you find out you got shot

To put in context the importance of movement and the weird 3D platformer-game like quality of AFPS, consider how strong Anarki was until very recently - Chiefly from his insane movement and air control
They didn't just lower his HP, they removed a lot of his air accel and made him a lot more predictable

>how strong Anarki was until very recently - Chiefly from his insane movement and air control
anarki was only strong because his hitbox was impossible to hit and he had a get out of jail free card in the form of full heal

He still has the heal and he's still skinny. But his HP is low and more importantly, his movement was shot

it's nowhere near the level of bullshit it was
you can actually hit him now which is why 'i-i play him because of cpma movement!' faggots had to swallow the big bitter nerf dick and move on to maining whatever broken fotm is at the moment

>'i-i play him because of cpma movement!' faggots had to swallow the big bitter nerf dick and move on to maining whatever broken fotm is at the moment
so unbelievably butthurt it's insane

?

Okay, here I go.

>Another day in the Arenas, the Greiss warlord is tearing his foes apart. I fear he is beginning to control better the power he stole from us.
>"You again!?" This place is making me more sloppy each second, but not enough to get trapped in the barrages of rockets.
>"You weaklings don't know when give up." Says the madman with desilusions of godhood. He charges at me and once again I phase shift.
>"Aren't you tired to fall to the same trick over and over again?" I move trought the shadows to destroy him from his insides; but when I am almost there, just as my phase shift ends, he makes a rocket jump, almost killing me and sending me across the room.
>"Pathetic" He sneers as he takes aim with his Rocket Launcher. "Maybe this time yoAAAAAAGH!" Nails land in his head and now blind in rage, he shoots at the source.
>"Round two, big boy!" Is the lost marine, who kept opening fire as he dodged the rockets. I barely get up and my training orders me to escape and let them kill each other.
>Yet I can't being myself to do it.
>The marine makes the mistake to go in meele, which the warlord uses to grab his neck and slam him to the floor.
>As the greiss gloat, I take aim with the machinegun and blows his head off before he could finish off the human.
>Ranger (the only name I know about him) gets up and spits some blood at Scalebearer. He then looks at me.
>"Thanks." I am cherishing these words more than I should, but I keep my professionalism outside.
>"Then you can return it by keeping an eye for more hostiles." He nods and guards as I seek in the greiss's remains of any trace of the Fanthom Orb. Once again, there is nothing.
>"Let me guess, nothing?" He asks. "I don't think this is the best place to keep crying about spilled milk." He had a point. We had to get out.

test

Since the land of dreams and ancient gods hardly is required to follow regular logic, what if Ranger and Sorlag had offspring, how would they look like? Would the hatchings be regular sorg, actual humans or some kinda hybrids? I wonder if they could settle down with such family life in the other realms, haha

>keys in the health bar area
>but not using the hipnotic HUD
that's gotta be quoth, right

Explain this fucking image. QC only has weapon models on the right hand.

HUH

you're retarded, that's what

>thinking his shitty paint modifications somehow make nu-quake any less retarded

>"I know a structure above here" I point to a floating church. "Either you have to be a crazy rocket jumper or pha-" Before I could finish he shot his dire orb and teleported there. "-se shift...with me."
>"Are you going there or not?" I could barely hear him. Jackass.
>As I said, there is a road that only I knew thanks to my powers, so it taked less of a minute to get there. By the time I got there, he was already inspwcting the surroundings.
>"Did you forget that leaving a girl behind it is of bad education?" He got startled for a bit before remembering that we were not enemies for now.
>"You did not ask." He said a bit annoyed, then he sat in the floor, a bit relaxed now. I sat near, far enough to not make him paranoid, but close enough feel a bit of his warmth.
>"What is your story with the big alien." Ranger said suddenly. "There must be a reason you look his guts every chance you get."
>Despite my affections, I could not tell him the whole story.
>"He stole something important for my people, I am here to recover it at all costs." Short and clear to let him understand.
>"Is that 'something important' the reason your hair is blue?" If I was drinking something I would choked of embarrasment. "But knowing everyone else, it came with the cost of having voices nagging in the head."
>"My training is designed leave me inmune to the temptations from the masters of this realm." I shot back. "Also the blue hair is common among the Fanthom Agents."
>"A bit late for me it seems." He muttered and I moved a bit closer to him. "I do not think the Marine creed had some motto to deal with this beyond 'Semper Fi'."
>"Semper Fi?" Never heard that in my world.
>"'Always Loyal', but now it only works with my memories." I looked at his face, he was clearly tired with the endless combat here.
>"If you want you can sleep here." I said without thinking, I knew it was risky because he was not one of the sanest habitants in this world (not that it was a high bar).

Do you think QC would've been better if it was just a prettified Q3A without stat/ability faggotry, but still with characters that have stories and skins 'n' shit? I feel like that would've just led to bitching about how it's nothing new, even though attempts at "innovation" just disrupt arena shooting-type gameplay.

>strawman

>tfw