>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Thrones of Britannia Info
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq
Q & A with Developer - totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-gaels
>Total War: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Gaelic Cinematic Trailer: youtu.be/FLS6faCrHQc
Total War: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Gaelic Lets Play - youtu.be/rE46BWFTBLE

>Warhammer 2 Info
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
Announcement Trailer - youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

>Rome 2 info
Desert Kingdoms DLC Announce Trailer youtube.com/watch?v=YhKhntVPbZ0
totalwar.com/blog/masaesyli-roster-reveal
totalwar.com/blog/kush-roster-reveal

Previous Screenshot sharing and campaignposting encouraged!

>o-only history sells
>gets warhammer
>o...only eurocentric games will be made, q-quit asking about it
>china gets announced
>well, at least our past games stick to europe
>nubian kangdoms announced
>you will never get Total World War faggot, quit crying
>mfw

A S I N I N E

How do I git gud in FoTS? Do you only recruit line infantry and spread them as much as possible? Is 4 artillery too much? Is that cheap boat useful for anything other than scouting and transport?

WULFRIK NEEDS TO WANDER HIS ASS OVER TO ME RIGHT

N O W
O
W

OR CA IS GONNA HAVE SOME FUCKING REGRETS

G O B L I N S

>at war with the dwarves
the hell did you do

he declared war on the new world colonies (my ally) from across the map

>how do I git gud
Naval bombardment, Parrott Guns, Line infantry and a couple sharpshooters, use maps to your advantage, Naval bombardment, a gatling or two to mow down samurai and cavalry, naval bombartment
>that cheap boat
the torpedo boat? less than worthless, it's a detriment

>playing on easy

you can do something like pic related which is what my early game army usually looks like, rebind your forward and backward marching to "E" and "T" so you can shuffle the lines back or forth depending on what you need to do. Early armies will be melee-oriented and try to rush you, this is good for getting extra shots in before the melee, notice I deployed the artillery really far back so I'd have plenty of room to keep shuffling back.I keep those spears in the back to respond to cavalry, which is the weakness of this formation. Gotta keep track of where their cav is going and shadow them with spears and learn how to get the spears in front of the line before the cav hit.
Line's ok, having some units with more range is useful for kiting the enemy and for sieges, where you can pick off their wall defenders from a distance. Artillery is excellent, the more the better honestly. 4 would probably be minimum for most people ideally. Parrot guns tech gives you a good early game advantage but armstrongs are what you want to aim for. Use cheap boats for the things you said and also blockading enemy ports. You dont want to waste expensive ships on blockades so just keep the main fleet separate and have a bunch of gunboats to blockade the ports and raid the trade routes after your fleet clears the area. Like you said, scouting is crucial in this game, the AI will often send fullstacks on one or two ships, if you scout this early with some gunboats you can intercept before they land.

>imblyign

normal battle, campaign VH

>normal
Easy+ is still Easy

>normal battle

>enjoying having peasant mobs with more morale than elite troops

enjoy playing weenie hut junior mode and never learning how to actually play.

Rock the boat!

keep playing games on the lowest difficulty
see how far you get in life
While you're trying to take strolls through life, I'm pushing boundaries, actually thinking, planning, outplaying artificial intelligence built solely to outsmart and defeat human players with my superior intellect. I know how to use my mind, the greatest weapon evolution has ever created, a brain capable of coming up with not just how to move a mountain but a reason why or the ability to move that fucking mountain "just because you can." I sometimes laugh to myself at night (the human mind's Eucradian Rhythm has shown humans perform better mentally at night, likely due to an evolutionary holdover from needing to think quickly to survive when outside the safety of the pack/camp/tribe as night predators came out) and think about how stupid most of humanity is. If you give this game and put an easily winnable battle infront of the average person, they wont have the intellect and creativity to examine the situation and then create even the simplest plan to win.
I've seen so many friends that insisted on never using their units how they should be used, and lose the battle as a result. They bitch, they whine, I try to teach them in every battle by punishing them when they make a mistake, but their simple minds only closed themselves off and came to resent both I and the Tactical Sandbox game that is Total War.
You've already taken the steps to become a greater human than the average sample of the entire species. Don't make the same mistake the people I once thought were friends did, push your boundaries and play every battle like your life depends on it.

If this isn’t pasta it is now

tldr

Attila Rise of Islam DLC when

git gud

WH2 Araby DLC when

>your army is supposed to be led by Mohammad
>he's just a black rectangle with a sword that swings around and comes with the option to put him on a mount
>completely unkillable, doesnt route, not even a health bar, causes fear and terror, 100% physical resistance, 100% missile resistance, able to act as an agent as well and use the World of Allah ability to simply convert any city he attacks without needing to battle
Anything less and you'll make the turk fanbase angry

Sad but true.

I want to make a mod for WH2 where every faction starts with tier 5/3 settlements and from the very beginning you can slug it out with elite units. Of course starting buildings/armies, diplomatic relations, technology etc is the part that will be hardest to balance. Any ideas what would be a good way to start out? I was thinking having a version with powerful subfactions and another with the playable races having large territories. Let me know what you guys think

I'd say (this would be a bit more work), do different "tiers" for the mod. One where Empire starts with Reikland, and Altdorf is level 3, one where they have around half the Empire, and most settlements are level 3 or higher, with half tech completed, and then an ll out, with maxed out buildings, full Empire, and completed tech tree. The final level would remove most subfactions, and have everyone with their respective territories complete and constructed.

Where's the option to commit sudoku? This is fucking up my public order.
This is so dishonoraburu.

>Karak Zorn on fucking Lustria

H O W

Never played Med 2 before, what am I in for?

that is pretty good, so one version with lore friendly starting territory/mid game stuff, Another with some minor faction assimilation, except for minor factions with big lore relevance, then an all out. Good start, I'll be playing with numbers this week to see how it goes.

The Pope can be a real dickhead in that game.

try to liberate some factions and you'll gain honor

To be honest, I wish that you didn't have to battle with your minor-faction of the same race. Mirror matches are always boring as fuck with early units.

Play crusader states and get READY FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING JIHAD

>start up DEI for the first time, want to play Arverni
>public order penalty for Gallic culture
What the fuck were the autistic pieces of shit who made this thinking?

Sorry was meant for

I never understood history, how did so few convince so many to fight and die? I can't imagine how many armies were really lost due to defection once you make them travel thousands of miles from their home.

>SS
I remember that mod being the best one for Med2. Are there some other good mods now? How different is SS compared to some years ago?

What you should do is implement (elite) unit limits by building like with TK (although with upkeep costs as well for other factions). That's the only way to ensure that balanced armies are used even if a faction has access to elite units.

The only problem with that is that brettonia AI starts to avoid recruiting calvary altogether. So they never win auto-calc battles.

Then it could be removed for Bretonnia, possibly with some changes to their economy to maintain balance.

It does kind of make sense for a faction with elite units that are virtually identical except for stats.

Would making elite units tied to buildings/but also no upkeep to elite units work? So you can field lotsa crap but elites are rare and (optionally) have a cool down for recruitment so you don't spam suicide elites.

you might not like it, but this is what peak total war looks like

>when you upgrade your unit it also upgrades their models

Are you retarded? Do you know the concept of authority and power?

You just have to give them free reign of some of their higher low to mid-tier cavalry units. For a Brettonia army to be effective they need half of their army to have four legs. If you could shift the AIs proclivity to recruit more horsies, they could handle fights against others and even the player due to the AIs ability to handle more cav.

Yeah, its a concept. But I could imagine random conscripts defecting easily and often in ancient times.

fucking CA

Invading the Aztecs was pretty boss.

They totally did defect all the time. But if your only alternative is dirt farmer there are lots willing to take a chance.

Fun times.

Tanukhids campaign in Attila any good

reminds me when i was playing dwarves and the border princes came to """""""help"""""""" relieve a siege by Archaon with an army of 19 mortars.

Is WH2 worth the 60 shekels? Is there any chance the price will go down before the next steam sale?

If you liked Warhammer 1 it is. More of the same kind of variety, as much of an oxymoron that is. I doubt it will go on sale any more than 10% just because of how jewish CA is.

It's literally only been 10% off
try to buy it off a key site like 2game or some shit
>people called me crazy for pre-ordering for 30$
>it hasn't dropped below 55 since then

Just play EB

when do goblins do good?

When you flank with them

vigor loss reduction means troops become exhausted slower right? it seems like the only good early dwarf red tree talent

With a red-line Night Goblin general, pref. Skarsnik.

Its never seemed worth it to me. Dwarf armies rarely move.

If you have WH1 it's worth it for Mortal Empires campaign.

I feel like arrows being shot like that wouldn't even pierce the skin of a naked man. It would be fine for fire arrows where that's not the intent though.

No wonder I lost that battle, lol.

When you scheme and have a lord with red line

>Full red line
>Trait that gives your units xp every turn

G O B B O S

>Warhammer ended on a high note with unexpected stellar DLC
>be hyped for Warhammer II
>expect Mortal Empires and Norsca come with a release
>short time before the release it got announced that both would be delayed
>don't mind it at all
>game releases
>month passes, ME finally comes out, without any notable updates to the Old World factions and absent Norsca, RoR's and even Foundation Patch for a some reason
>okay, what the hell. A bit annoyed
>months pass by without any mention of Norsca
>Foundation aka Reprisal somehow arrives yet still no Norsca
>it got delayed to a fucking MAY
>receive shitty Intel shill FLC
>then a fucking Multiplayer ONLY map pack
>while CA blabbers about multiple teams meme
>expected FLC schedule got fucked into the oblivion and only God knows what useless shit CA is going to put in
>and no content at all for WH2 until the fucking MAY
>meanwhile, get a shitty DLCs for Rome II. Not even a fucking Attila
Just another reminder why you shouldn't trust CA.

reeeeeeeeee, why the fuck this ptomelay bitch won't trade with me.

I'm going to annex your ass

Who knows. Their other trait, the +2 PO from each war with neighbouring factions can be incredibly strong if you get a nice fortified position and tell everyone else to get fucked, using to PO boost to fuel a slave economy.

>be strength rank 1 Empire
>absolutely dominate the Old World
>trusted friends with tiny little r58 Hochland, 280 friendship rating and rising
>they absolutely refuse to confederate after nearly 100 turns

Is there a mod or some kind of cheat to force confederation, at this point it's just so fucking exasperating seeing this last fucking independent hold out.

Force them into the multiple wars with scary enemies. Or wait that their stacks somehow get wiped out by enemies. They are way too comfy to confederate with you at the present.

Thats vanilla pre-16patch. Just didn't update their mod for it. Its so easy to get positive public order don't be a pussy

Did Tomb Kings update remove the tax income bonus for AI?

Eat shit, Sassaniggers

>conquer settlement
>repair their temple and let them keep it

who here /enlightened/

lmao, good cuck, enjoy the terrorist attack

I'd totally play M2 if they fixed the controls and tidied up the UI and changed nothing else. I'd even pay for it. Even if the units are still janky as fuck and sieges are still ass.

:*

If only people actually followed with what they say.

just bribe the shit out of them

>And then I JAMMED MY AXE RIGHT THROUGH HIS NECK

Now that I just played Senua's Sacrifice I can't decide if I'm going to play the Picts or the vikings in ToB

>amazons still not announced

any tw where I can retake constantinople?

An arrow in free fall has plenty of piercing power.

Napoleon with any mod that lets you play Greece.

So I installed FotS once again and realized that I've never played as tom cruise. Is it viable going full melee? What's the best faction to try out and how can I avoid getting fucked by modernization.

I thought was was going to be much worse with the sheer amount of archers I had to deal with.

What? The one that buffs quarrellers and thunderers is great.