/hg/ - Halo General

#412 - Keep it Clean Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise. New arrivals check out the spreadsheet for updates on community events and to familiarize with active /hg/ members.

>/hg/ 1v1 Winter Championship
Details and match listings are located in the spreadsheet. Maps can be downloaded from the file share of xBackup Beastx

>/hg/ community spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180BTI18TtggxC9yGxZE5-_QPiSK_fFAGLOx5awbTySY/edit?usp=sharing

>Halo General Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/travel-time

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

alephone.lhowon.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the ideal spartan armour configuration. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance look like.

>visor hexagons
Dropped

Reach is good

into the trash it goes

>classical art style
>nothing about it is classical
hmmmm

I just don't understand you guys.
This active at this time

I've got nothing better to do tonight other than homework, so I might as well keep the thread bumped.

Post yfw Disney buys Microsoft, invalidates the EU, and reboots the series with a game about stepping onto a Halo and it being blown up by a strong independent female Spartan who don't need no Chief

hey, how do you do that thing where the test is black till you hover over it?

[/spoiler]Ctrl+s[/spoiler]

ty

based

hmmm

anyone that overthinks the visuals in this brief snippet is autistc

I just realized it looks like the Spartan on the left crushes that old man

holy shit cant unsee

Good Morning /hg/

When THE FUCK is the BATTLE OF BRITS?

pic?

I doubt there's any games on Monday but we will see

Who wants to play halowc2018
gt is PancakeAbuserz4

can't right now. got work :-(

what rank are you?

What will happen with the extra year of dev time?

What are they up to....

More lootboxes of course

double the reqs obviously :)

and hopefully an aiming system that is broken for longer than 18 months

I'm pretty shit just gold 4

Has crusading died?

Watch me play Iads

mixer com/barranquilla

what timezone are you in?

ill be on later today probably.

17 more First Strikes and we're done
>I remember the time when people said that would be the last one we'd finish

(YOU)

>only 17
sheeeeeeeet

WoKe

slick

Well /hg/?

CE was smart enough to not let the hunters be bullet sponges, have their attacks easily telegraphed and able to be evaded, but also to make them a much more frequent enemy to compensate.

there's as many or more hunters in some individual CE missions than in the entirety of Halo 3/4

FUCK both of the ElDewrito devs AND the i01 devs. You can't have the long drawn hype marketing and also not have a somewhat accurate release expectation. It doesn't matter what the price of your product is, if you announce to the world that you have a product, shit or get off the pot. Stop saying "MUH SOON™", because that is you being dishonest and vague. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. I refuse to support either of these devs or their games until I see results.

It doesn't matter if you work on the game in your spare time, it was YOU that made the commitment. You dug your own grave, now lie in it.

I mean, they’re just worms. Not like they should be extremely rare.

Soon™ your fate will be sealed /hg/

as the games went on and they became stronger, they became more rare. Halo 3 only has 4 Hunter pairs in the whole campaign.
Truth in Reconciliation, the first level they ever show up in, has that many.

There is positive correlation between being a weeb and being a NEET.

this is pretty standard for non-professionals
If thwyre not put on a leash by a dev, and if they're not paid for their work, nothing goes exactly as planned

So what you're saying is that they aren't liable for releasing anything at all?

Of course not.
I've been fans of enough content creators across the internet to know how this song and dance goes.
Don't get me wrong, they WILL release something eventually, but after a while they will go away and whatever form the project is in at that point is what we will be stuck with.
There's two kinds of activities in life: professions and hobbies. This isn't the former. If they were getting paid for their work by a publisher and had an official studio, well then that would be their life, but because it's not, their actually life will eventually get in the way. It's just the way things work. By all means support the project and stay anticipated, but be realistic. This won't fill the hole that the classic halo itch has given you. Only 343 can do that.

This, sadly.
It's like every single online/commission artist I have followed. They start out ambitious, then they get a following, then they are in their golden age where works ate being released at a good rate, but then they realize they need justification to keep up with it so they get a patron and most of tyheir work moves over to that. At about this time they will release a schedule for their works which they fail to follow, and then eventually they just disappear altogether. It's the same exact shit with youtubers.

I know we like to shit on publishers for being greedy money horders that force nasty practices into games, but they're also the ones that hold devs feet to the fire and keep them on track. Hell, look at Bungie. As soon as they split from Microsoft and became an independent studio, right after Halo 3 released, their work quality started declining.

Soon your life will end, user.

soon you will finally fuck me

MCC Update when? I also signed up to test the damn thing.

>Yfw 343 remasters the H3 Campaign and adds Blur cut-scenes as an apology

Hype!

Where do I sign up

my favorite level

Page 10 pity bump

Lets say I wanna practice for Halo 6, should I practice 5 or are we going back to the classics?

We don't know. More than likely, 343 will be building off of Halo 5's shitty gameplay though.

We will MAYBE get a shitty "classic playlist" on 343-made forge maps at launch if we are lucky

>to practice for Halo 6
Play Fortnite, Overwatch, and Halo 5
>to become a morally supreme being and to get out of that, uh, jabroni outfit
alephone.lhowon.org/

Well i'm playing siege right now. Not a fan of Fortnite or Overwatch though

ugh

Y?

Too difficult for you? :^)

I like it actually.

hhnnngghhh

The scale needs to be adjusted
The higher the weeb the more money you require

>blue highlight
hi wizard.

the chart is retarded. If you can't network and make relationships with people, you're fucked

this

The original post last thread was wizards. You could tell by the filename.
This one is IJ advertising himself. Once again, by the filename.

Hi!

>nu-Elite model
>nu-Chief armor
It's shit.

Detective droid at it again

Hi, Sebastian.

Who made the OP of this thread?

Hard to narrow it down

>Not someone who posts obnoxious weeb shit
>Not someone who posts shitty memes
>keep it clean

Someone who wants the betterment of the thread

so probably sweaty. Maybe RED. possibly Grim or Rentaroo

loooolimagunnaKILL/hg/!

sure you are buddy

Nah, it was me. First time making a thread.

yeah pretty much

No, shit like this is making me appreciate the older armor designs better. They've aged like a fine wine for my tastes.

Throwing pouches all over nu-chief is not good design, you gotta be tasteful with it

fat spartan

One on the right still has the ugly armour
Also >no crotchpad

le >white text
baka senpai

nice art

Why is there sigmund in the middle of the breast plate?

user, no