How full of shit is Martin Shkreli? Serious question

How full of shit is Martin Shkreli? Serious question

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5HXLpVeejg
dallasnews.com/news/news/2012/01/29/not-guilty-remains-a-rarity-in-federal-and-state-courts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Legendary businessman
"My aids medication though"
>Who gives a shit queer
>Yfw he's the epitome of capitalism and the only reason everyone doesn't do this is because he's a lion amongst sheep

Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't do the same, prove my point.

Go to sleep Shkreli.

he likes the attention and he likes to hear himself talk, so the shit he says isn't necessarily useful.

He's going to prison soon.

He doesn't really know anything about investing in the stock market and gets noticeably nervous when anyone asks a question about it. He's probably a single digit millionaire and nothing more.

YOu fucking idiot if he was a single didgit millionaire are you telling me he spent 20%+ of his net worth on a wutang clan album. Anyone smart enough to be a single digit millionaire is'nt dumb anough to do that.

You say that like you have tens of millions yourself..

He is very smart and accomplished, though he's an arrogant douchebag and probably overstates his claims about how cool and successful he is.

So i'd say he's not full of shit at all. Moreso he just likes to troll.

Skhrelli gets off on looking like movie villain when really he is a ultra successful NEET beta virgin. He could have shut up let the aids story pass but he deliberately became a meme. He surf's this board for sure.

dude it worth like 100 million

There's some things that he's done that doesn't make sense. He makes this big quote on quote investing course yet throughout the entire thing he says that investing is a waste of time and that you shouldn't do it and instead just get a job that you like and try to make money in that. He says that majoring in finance is a waste of of time yet that's what he did. He recommends reading textbooks all day and gloats about how much he reads and how much of an autodidact he is. A lot of it doesn't make sense

He is saying investing for most people is a waste of time. For the time you are required to put in to successfully invest (matin's idea of successful investment strategies), it is not worth it for most people, because you do not make enough.

What's the story behind this?

It is a waste of time for the vast majority of people who will end up spending all of their time just losing money. Also you should do a job or make money doing something you enjoy. Money isn't everything and thise with money know this and always say it. So why would you go to school for years just to do something you don't even like just because it pays 20% more than something you enjoy. It's all solid advice really. Not everyone can be a multi millionaire investor just like everyone can't play in the nfl.

Lol at the normies bashing this guy. The best is yet to come. Media has tried to make this guy look like an evil piece of shit. He will come back stronger and hes gonna do some outrageous stuff.

Probably telling the faggots whining about
>Muh aids medication
To go die already.

Martin Shkreli is going to prison.

They're going to take everything from him.

Considering he constantly acts like a nigger, that's very likely.

Seems like a decent chap. What did he do?

youtube.com/watch?v=d5HXLpVeejg

>worked in hedge fund as a young teen
>degree in business
>self mastered pharma
>taught himself how to program, starting a tech company
>still invests on his own
>literally the god of trolling
Martin is my hero and fuck anyone who disagrees with the idea that he is a god among men.

There was some CNN reporter? Maybe Buzzfeed? I don't remember what news outlet but she pissed him off in some way. So he changed his entire profile into a collage of her pictures. His cover photo was a collage of her. His profile picture was a photoshop of them together. And his twitter feed was nothing but him talking about her in a creepy yet hilarious way.

It was all a joke for her being a cunt, yet Twitter took it seriously and suspended him for "stalking"

good joke

Does he know how to program? Which language?

Full of shit. Like 110%.
He has dangerous half knowledge about investing.
People believed in him and he gambled their money away with some retard tier trades.

Hedgefund 1:
According to the SEC, he took in $660,000 from investors starting in November 2009; by November 2010, $331 was left. Some of the money allegedly went to fund Shkreli's lifestyle, but most was lost in trading. [S&P500 index gained roughly 13% during this time.]

Hedgefund 2:
He took in another $2.35 million in investments in December 2010 and January 2011, the SEC says, including $1.25 million from a single investor. (he lied about his past returns) By the end of January, half the money was gone, and by the end of February it was all gone and MSMB was in the red. [This was during a period in which the S&P 500 index again gained nearly 9%.]

To continue trading the lies to banks... e.g. one short sale where he claimed he had the shares but he had not and Merrill Lynch at the end had to cover Shkreli's short itself, allegedly at a $7-million loss, which it was trying to get back from Shkreli.

I am learning python

Highly intelligent. Great memory.
You can ask him anything, he has a youtube channel where he streams. You have to call him though, and dumb/off topic questions get dismissed. Hasn't done it recently, probably because of the court troubles.
The streams are literally just him working. I've seen the cam left on, he works, leaves for hours, comes back and continues working. It's a great motivator.
He also gives lessons on topics like JS and investing, but they move fast.
>10/10 decent guy

The people who take Shkreli seriously are the type of people that would never be like Shkreli.
Smart guy and that's why I know he's full of shit

he is alpha
youre just a poor idiot being mad lmfao

He's pretty bad at chess, especially for someone who's "great at self teaching and has great memory skills". However, I still have to respect him simply for playing and trying to get other people to play (i.e. by playing the game on stream).

One of the very few people of his level of success that uses it for Veeky Forums-tier enjoyment. I say this with total admiration for the guy and I would love to meet him some day. Intelligent, cunning, and the absolute God of trolling. Wouldn't be surprised if he lurks here.

I don't know too much about him other than the basics, but I did read about his career path once. The part that doesn't quite make sense to me is the big internship he landed at the end of high school at some hedge fund. Seems to have been the starting point of his success but is almost never discussed and I don't quite understand how something like that worked out for him.

Almost suspicious. I'd love to know the full story.

Interesting guy for sure.

kids full of it up to his eyeballs

He spent that money before the whole scandal blew up and he got indicted. Back then, his financial prospects were much brighter and he probably assumed that he would be worth nine figures by now. The feds absolutely do not fuck around when it comes to fraud, and once they get through with him he will be broke and imprisoned with no real path to re-acquire wealth.

Nobody noticed Martin himself just posted in here?

poor guy :(

Where do you think you are right now?

Nobody surfs this board, but I can see him taking the occasional poke through /pol/.

It wasn't AIDS medication, it treats toxoplasmosis, which people with AIDS (or anyone with a compromised immune system) are more vulnerable too. It's not an AIDS drug.

It's a seldom used medication, that's why it's not as bad as the Epipen issue.

He bullshit his way from nothing to shitloads of money, who's to say he can't bluff his way out of federal charges?

he's a sociopath...now go research how sociopaths operate.

Not a chance. If the feds file charges against you, you're basically fucked unless some incredible stroke of luck breaks in your favor. Their conviction rate is something like 99%. He would have to be playing some type of 20d underwater backgammon which mob bosses, cartel heads, major fraudsters, and terrorists know nothing about, he's fucked.

dallasnews.com/news/news/2012/01/29/not-guilty-remains-a-rarity-in-federal-and-state-courts

That's because it wasn't martin.Martin is leaning javascript btw.

I wouldn't do the same

> Anyone smart enough to be a single digit millionaire
Literal retarded people, people with mental retardation, become millionaires every year

the point of is him is like you need money to make money - better spend your time making that initial money with something you have fun with

Criminal Levels of Shit.
He's literally going to jail because of how illegally overloaded with shit he is.

He started doing investment streams on his YouTube, u may check that out