Irish iberian race

>irish iberian race
what does it means?

Other urls found in this thread:

prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/mythsofbritishancestry
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Basically this.

The Anglos had some problems with the Irish throughout the history before they conquered them so they had reasons to dislike them. So they invented this theory.

It was just another way of dehumanising the (Catholic) Irish, so the the (Protestant) English/Scottish could feel better about themselves for taking their land, massacring their people, and treated them like they treated every other indigenous race they encountered around the world.

The Irish beta tested the colonialism experience for the rest of the world.

>they had reasons to dislike them
kek what

>"please stop resisting you are going to give me a reason to turn this rape into a rape/murder"

How come Irish Iberians are so Negro-like in appearance and the Anglo-Teutons so much more delicate and lordly in their facial features? What is the picture trying to tell me?

Yeah. That's why they had reasons to dislike them. Because they rebelled. That's what imperial powers do. Blaming the victim.

that post reeks of french butthurt

basically it was somewhat popular for ethnographers in the 19th and early 20th centuries to suggest that the irish, along with the other early inhabitants of the british isles originally came from iberia. i think even tacitus said something to that effect.

it's kinda retarded now but those were some of the prevailing ideas of the day.

>it's kinda retarded now
You sure about that?

prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/mythsofbritishancestry

It's British propaganda. I think the Teuton is actually modelled after a Spaniard.

Might be the same thing as black Irish, which is a type of Irish with black hair and darker complexition most likely due to Iberian genetics

nobody ever posts the full version

That's not the full thing though. Read the fucking caption. It's just a text that references the cartoon.

Brits in the 90s invented these fairytales about being native Europeans from Iberia and they catched on and are still propagated on Veeky Forums despite being debunked by actual genetic studies.
I guess the truth isn't as interesting.

yes it is, most adna samples, celtic or not from the isles cluster like any other northwestern european populations, particularly with the welsh in some cases. basques also aren't some mysterious, unknown ancient population. they're of the same stock as other southern europeans.

Aren't the black Irish just the descendants of Irish and blacks who mixed with each other in the Caribbean because they were sent there by the Brits?

no, "black irish" is generally a more ambiguous term but can refer to irish people with a swarthier complexion.

>be an irish monk
>servant of the faith of Jesus
>central tenets of your religion is shit like love thy neighbor etc
>frequently go slaughtering other irish monks
Friendly reminder that irish monasteries in the middle ages would literally go to war against each other

I'm Irish and I sorta have that facial structure