Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulo_operation
github.com/NoelFB/Celeste/blob/master/Source/Player.cs
swatch.com/en_us/internet-time/
patreon.com/monstergirlisland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for sucking dick
not literally of course

Claiming this thread in the name of progress and good dev.

It's all about good positioning and not hugging the left like a dork.

Figuratively, obviously.

second for animal crossing clone/rebuild

To the retard who thinks there's no general vertex painting in Unity: You can "ProBuilderize" any object just by pressing a button. In other words you can vpaint any mesh you want.

is that the power of godot ?

... But what does the L do? What does the L do!?

Will your game make a relatively decent and stable man quit his life and job just to spend 6 months playing it non-stop, realize he fucked up and spend 2 years getting back in his feet?

how many syllables should the name of your indie game studio have

i dunno, someone in a previous thread said they wanted to make an ac clone so i dug out my extracted game resources from acnl and started throwing shit into the scene

I hope not but if my game made it big I would help out anyone in that situation.

looks good, too bad it's destined to sell less than 700 copies because it's a dead genre

prove me wrong!

i know 80% of you are making clone pieces of shit nobody wants to play but for us 20% with something good in our hands, the fear of having someone else make our same original (c) (tm) game is real

RIP bokudev

i almost took you seriously then i finished reading your post

Is there any way in Unity to have a fixed resolution preview in game view but have the scale be 1:1 starting in the top left corner instead of the center of the screen?

I'm trying to see how my UI looks at 4K but can only see the crosshair.

>RIP bokudev
what did he mean by this?

>new mario tennis game has a gameplay mechanic similar to one i had planned to implement
guess that just means its a good mechanic

these rapidly fired orange blobs look kinda gaudy

Nintendo is ripping off all his ideas in the new Captain Toad Switch game

>not having the source code so you can add this feature yourself

they turned toad into a cube?

I am the director of Nintendo and I can confirm we did this.

>GMS2 is coming to Switch
Welp, guess I have to buy GMS2 now.

Challenge:

How would you optimize this code to work in 6 lines or less while maintaining functionality...

It's a powerup. S for spread, L for laser and H for homing.
I have a bias towards spread

>prove me wrong!
Planing on it.

They're suppose to stand out a whole lot, and the weird blobby shape is suppose to try and establish they can't be absorbed like regular bullets can. Any suggestions to make it better?

why does it matter how many lines it is

>newPos

not going to waste my time helping a complete retard who doesn't have any self respect with variable names like that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulo_operation

Vector2 newPos = transform.position; if (transform.position.y > screenTop) { newPos.y = screenBottom; } if (transform.position.y < screenBottom) { newPos.Y = screenTop); if (transform.position.x > screenRight) { newPos.x = screenLeft; } if (transform.position.x < screenLeft) { newPos.x = screenRight; } transform.position = newPos;

Why does one of the homing worms (middle of clip) follow you for a longer time than the others? Should it have a different colour to indicate that, or something?

fishing jam when?

Vector2 NewPos = transform.position;
if( transform.position.y > screenTop ){ newPos.y=screenBottom }
if( transform.position.y < screenTop ){ newPos.y=screenTop }
if( transform.position.x > screenRight ){ newPos.x=screenLeft }
if( transform.position.x < screenLeft ){ newPos.x=screenRight }
transform.position = newPos;

cheeky fucker

>he used my fishing bar idea

kino

>Any suggestions to make it better?
simplest suggestion would be to invert the outline and make the projectiles darker on the inside than on the outside

alternatively:
if the player isn't supposed to be able to fly between the individual projectiles, make the sprite look like a solid beam which probably could still have hitboxes of individual projectiles
if they are supposed to be able to fly between the projectiles, consider changing their shape to something rotation dependent, maybe just a beam but with pauses

Streaming day 2,
Working through more of the games from Demo Day 19
Starting at 8 pm EST
Magus is up first
Followed by Mech game whatever and so on

twitch / devmccoy

To those of you from day one, my video card is replaced and Im hard wired in, I shouldn't be having any of the issues I was having
Radeon 7700 rip
If you want you're game replayed because stream was garbage, tell me and Ill play it again

hell yeah dude, that was a good idea. perfect balance of skill timing for a fishing minigame

>fishing in a game
where do you guys come up with these ideas

Good luck. AC has a lot of complex systems.

>sudden obnoxious shilling of unknown product with no prompt or question about an applicable use case of slapping a shitty filter on a image for the purpose of """pixel art"""
hmm

github.com/NoelFB/Celeste/blob/master/Source/Player.cs

Jesus

>lets take the worst part of bloated jrpgs and make a game out of it
why

fishing its just a vechicle mechanic for furthering other parts of the world. you will be able to cook the fish you catch, or sell to fishmonger. also will be a fish museum where you can donate all types of fish for a fancy reward and as part of a 100% run.

>700 copies
Where did this meme number come from

fishing is optional. will be more like harvest moon than a jrpg really.

Are you still streaming or did you give up

Tripple A competitive fishing game

not really. the only thing i don't know how to do immediately is the grass deterioration texturing since the world meshes aren't split up into tiles. i know there is a way though since nintendo was able to do it.

I suggest just setting the scale to .3 or whatever.

Starting at 8 pm. 30 minutes.
I was testing the set up earlier to make sure I wouldn't have issues.
Honestly I'll play em all even if no one watches. I enjoy playing these games

How do I round a float to a specific value in UE4? Like I know of the 'Truncate' and 'Round' nodes but those round up or down to 1>2>3.. etc

I basically want my value to snap to a set value like 45 for example

this is AMATEUR game dev fuck off

Low Budget casual fishing experience

>Starting at 8 pm. 30 minutes.
Ah, I got the time wrong, sorry! I live in a completely different timezone

I'd prefer if there was no mic desu, not really needed.

I think it was from an article about Stardew Valley's dev, but maybe someone knows for sure...

I wonder why there isn't a page dedicated to aggydaggy memes?

I Meant Shell Shock first.
The file is named Magus.

Please /agdg/ name your demo files "GameName.exe" Anyone who batch downloads is gonna have a bad time
There should only be one time zone. Just for USA USA USA

(almost) all the worms have different speeds, lifetimes, turn-rates etc all indicated by length. I don't want to turn the boss intro a rainbow cavalcade to indicate all the different kinds he can turn out.

Something like this?
I can't make it a laser because they bounce off the walls on higher difficulties

>There should only be one time zone
Swatch tried that. Sadly it never caught on: swatch.com/en_us/internet-time/

Answer: Choose(A,x) * Choose(B,y) * Choose(C,z) where Choose() is the binomial coefficient.

Pop quiz!
Given a 3x3 rotation matrix, its axis of rotation is the eigenvector with eigenvalue ___

oh, i know that. it's really simple, you'll think yourself a fool for not thinking of it on your own.
all you gotta do is ____________________________________________________give up________________________________________________________________

>New PixaTool 1.5 (Very WIP)
>(Very WIP)
this thing is a joke. it shows how small it is that he made it anew from scratch in a few months after release

>Please /agdg/ name your demo files "GameName.exe" Anyone who batch downloads is gonna have a bad time
Yeah that's always an issue with DD's.

>Question:
>The image exported is completly exported without cuts and at 1x pixel ratio ?
>Pixel ratio means that if image was 512x512 and you set 4x pixelation the exported image should be 128x128.
this is like the most basic part of it and you have to ask your customers to test it for you lmao

Fuck off, I don't have linear algebra 2 until next semester.

That pic makes me sad... I remember all of those games and never got around to making my own. This time it's going to be different...

well, that's what I say every time...

You're going to have to give a better example. Do you want 1.23123 to snap to 45?
Do you want 45.23423 to snap to 45?
Do you want 46.234234 to snap to 45?

If you paid for my game, do I have the right to ban you from my servers

my first game, no bully plz.

this isn't a secondary school topic where you're from...?

value /= 45
round(value)
value *= 45

*bullies you*

Fuck it. I'm done working on this game. I know it sucks but it was a learning experience. Game will be free on iOS, Android, and itch once I get them uploaded. Just want to see if any Chinese people buy it on steam first.

8T306-PJ3H3-JRW98
08V2W-6G0VM-8M2RF
XAVXJ-57PC5-97FDG
DIYEQ-TAZRF-5RD9J
WC358-5XQLI-R0IHC

>What do you mean, bought my game, goy? Oh you have just poyrchased a license that allows you access the Game Service(tm), oy would you look here, you signed that you agree for me to revoyke that license at any time. A real shande, goy, a real shande.

yes

>Game will be free on iOS, Android, and itch
Naisu

will check it out then

Good job friend! Completing something is always a success, and I applaud you for it.

Ey, I remember this from way back at DD10
It was fun

>mixels
Not worth the effort of copy-pasting the code desu

That circle around the player ship better not be the hitbox

it's great when people show early stuff, because it's a delight to watch it evolve. Thanks buddy, keep it up!

Any good solution to convert already triangulated vertex data into mesh data (removed doubles + generated indeces array), prefered in Unity/C#?

i give up

patreon.com/monstergirlisland

good, the first step is admitting you have a problem

his lats are way overtrained

>That circle around the player ship better not be the hitbox
it's just a temporary hitbox, pic related the only spaceship that I implemented a decent one.

Thanks user! Never thought making a game alone would be so fucking hard. I still have a fuckton of cool shit to do, like composing the musics on my own, redrawing every texture, making all the bosses, enemies and player spaceships.

This will be a free iOS game with a $1 option to remove the ads.

Holy shit 36k a month even with ~30% tax, 300k a year

>paper drawn art
make it all paper drawn user. MAKE IT ALL!

giant skelet heads right hand man taking a stroll through unity.

go get benbo quest you nerds.

Stream is starting.

Shell Shock here we go

>voice acting as last teir at 4k/month
>now at 36k
better fucking have a full orchestral score with every single sound being made by actual hookers high on some quality heroin in both Japanese and English done in a top-tier recording studio mastered by the best audio engineer money can buy

makes you want to buy a lottery ticket, doesn't it!

latmogged

I don't get why he doesn't hire a programmer and make a real game out of it. Like breeding season or whatever. Also he would have more time for the assets. But he's probably too greedy.

that skybox causes me physical pain.

literally skyrim with guns

it will user

Patreon is a terrible funding scheme for actually getting a game made, it just encourages stringing out development for as long as possible