ASX

/asx/

New week, new thread

what are the memstocks this week lads?

Good Morning

I'd stay away from meme stocks currently. Market is weak and oversold, especially in micro and small caps.

SGH

I am gunna take some time off memestocks, will be watching them tho, so entertaining

Is SGH going anywhere? From what I remember they basically went bankrupt.
If I drop $500 on them now, do you think I'll get a sizeable return in ~2 years?

GXY is back on the up

I don't know. Who knows. I was kidding, don't put $500 into SGH...

Save the $500 for a better investment chunk to save on brokerage.

SGH may survive, they may not. They aren't bankrupt, just very very heavily in debt.

so is anyone buying into A2M? it seems undervalued at 3.23 - thinking about putting $5000 on it.

I bought in a couple of months ago.
They're about to branch out into the SE Asian market. If there's one thing I know about Asians, they love Australian milk products, particularly baby formula.

Hello Australians, how has your market responded to the data from China?

Not well. Selloff was strong today.
Also, anyone wana critique my portfolio?

NUH, RAP and A2M

Might add more to NUH and RAP if prices stay at these levels but not much is happening with either for 2-3 months so hoping to get in a little cheaper yet

Check out this guy and his non penny stocks. I suppose you think you're better than me, huh?

Not better, different strategy.
I try to trade ASX200s but im waiting for larger % shifts.
Wat pennies do you trade?

I don't trade, I'm just sitting on my stock waiting for them to come to fruition. The usual suspects, EDE, ZLD, EQU, GGG and RMX.

>Myer stocks
You're not concerned about Amazons launch here in 2018? I'd be dropping any retail holdings asap but to be honest I don't know a lot about the company itself

I second RAP been watching them for a while bought in at .28 sold at about .37 even though i bag held and missed the peak.

The prices now look good, but i wouldnt buy in without an upward trend indication

Veeky Forums newfag here.

Looking at starting to build a portfolio, initially injecting 5k into mostly managed funds then suplimenting with 500AUD a month into local and intn'l markets targeting individual companies that i think have potential for a mixture of short and long term gains.

Which brokerages are popular here? Pros n Cons?

Do any Aus brokers offer MetaTrader API (more of a curiosity than a requirement, i don't expect to day trade)?

What are your strategies like?

My biggest piece of advice would be reconsider investing $500AUD every month into anything that has a brokerage cost, even $10 out of $500 is 2% loss that you have to recoup before you even break even.

Depends if you want the bells and whistles of a big 4 bank broker, advice of a premium broker who will guide you through things or the customer service of a boutique brokerage firm really.

Looking at the big 4, the fees are pretty hefty for a

Found em at $0.70 when Asians first started pillaging coles and woollies for em. I STILL think they are over valued. But I'm the sucker that still doesn't own it.

Bump

bump. don't die

ETF BRUH

Strong opening today, seeing alot of green.

ETF's are a good thing to have

Yeah fucking oath. My memes are green.

Myer

I reckon the premium shoppers for Myer / David Jones won't be absorbed by the internet. People still like going and talking to sales person when buying expensive things...

Also myers gotta be seriously undervalued. Company made billions last year and its < $1.00 a share!

Starting to really enjoy days where my memestocks are quiet on HC, means no bad news.

Every one else's memes run out steam today?

Consider just salary sacrificing to your super then would be my .02c

Got a couple of interesting examples to read up on? I've still not looked into ETFs yet, would be good to have some in mind when do some research

Given the new budget, i think i will also do this on top. Basically anything to build a nest egg if i have kids or to blow on a fuck tonne of 10/10 20yr old hookers when i'm old and lonely if i dont have kids