/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1325 - A Short Reprieve Edition
Previous: >How to play New Leaf/Pocket Camp online with /acg/
People need to add each other's Friend Codes in order to visit.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today
Pocket Camp FAQ - pastebin.com/5WErjXrV
Pocket Camp Tulip Breeding Guide - i.imgur.com/gNbbmJS.png

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/file/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl
All furniture customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android app - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>Upcoming Birthdays
9th - Cyrano
11th - Hopkins & Zipper T.
12th - Midge
14th - Dotty
15th - Julian
16th - Doc
17th - Cheri

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
16th - Fishing Tourney
17th - Shamrock Day

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/camper reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

Reminder:
still looking for local real life /acg/ wife, you are already qualified

Is the Mario event tomorrow?

Did Cherry die

Do not pursue this matter any further.

Holy fuck I keep forgetting the events end the morning of the day and not the night. At least I got everything I wanted.

Sweet realease

Wow... I managed to finish the event just before it ended.

Thank you to everyone who gifted me ladybugs! Especially John, Dennis, Lexi, Sara, Pixels, Joshi, Avetixz and my awesome Japanese friends.

Hope you guys finished with all the extras you wanted.

What do you call your cult? Why bot go full birb?

>tfw was only 2 (TWO) navy ladybugs away from completing all requests
>couldn't trade in all my p. pink flowers either
Fuck me for being retarded and thinking I had more time I guess. At least I did get most of the things I wanted except for the teddy bears.

Good to know you guys could accomplish what I couldn't though.

Don't worry the event items will return some day.

Teddy Bears?

I got all the items minus the last Navy reward yet I didnt see any teddies...

only seasonal flower rewards go away

Newfag here. What does watering do?

It gets your flowers wet, if you know what I mean

What happens if two water my flowers at once

In more seriousness, watering usually does nothing. The only time you actually need to water flowers is if they take over 3 hours to bloom (rare tulips and pansies, some event flowers). If they aren't watered within this time frame they will wither and their growth will be stunted.

Watering someone else's flowers gets you friend powder which you use in crafting and I'm the dumbass lottery game in the garage area. Whether you water one flower space in your friend's garden or all the or spaces that need water, you will only get 1 friend powder per friend per cycle.

Are you crossing the streams?

All I know is several boys are giving my flowers a lot of attention

You and your flowers may need to get tested, friend. There's no telling how many gardens those boys have been in. It could already be too late for you.

Thanks user

Of course I would sleep through the last hours of the event.

Eh, I finished anyway, but would've been nice to help more people.

Most of those people won't log in for another 2 weeks. Fuck them.

reminder:
still looking for real life local /acg/ boyfriend, submissive brown guys preffered.

Sorry Colt, don't know why you gave me the purples, but I was asleep.

i stopped playing pocket camp in december when i was waking up at 5am and trying to plan my day around specific hours to grind the quest refreshes for ultimately pointless shit. what's changed/been added in the game since then? what events and special limited edition items have come and gone since then?

i've been playing the gamecube version again, i recently got a computer good enough to run dolphin. i've never owned a computer that could run anything more graphics intensive than like oblivion. it runs so smoothly, it's so nice to turn all the lights off and just run around in my little town. reminds me of the good days of playing it with my dad and waking up before school to see my dad sitting at the foot of my bed leaving gifts in my mailbox and watering the flowers since i never did, trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake me.
thanks for reading my blog. sorry.

Well the Spring flower event just ended. Mario event starts tomorrow. Perfect time to reignite your autism.

qt dad, is the emulator easy to set up? I was looking around to emulate NL but didn’t feel it was worth my time in the end

Not much has changed gameplay wise I’d say, a few new animals I guess. There’s an upcoming fishing event that might introduce some new elements to the game though. I can’t remember if crafting clothes was a thing in december. Some more customization for the camp, changing background/foreground and removing the wood deck area

You were a smarter person than us. The garden events probably would've done you in.

They added more essences, clothes crafting, more changes to campsite.

alright that's pretty cool, you're right that it's good timing, but did anything substantial change or is it just more of the same with new events? i wouldnt mind popping back in for a week i guess, but i may as well just stick with the gamecube if nothing has really changed

lol thanks, really fond memories, animal crossing is fun on its own, but the nostalgia factor definitely shoots it way up.
dolphin is legit plug and play, i was scared because i've fucked with the ps1 and 2 emulators and the dreamcast emulator and setting those up to actually work is fuckin hellworld, but dolphin you just download it, download an animal crossing rom and play. very simple, perfect for brainlets like me who don't have time to fuckin solve math equations to play an animal life sim game.
crafting clothes wasn't a thing when i played, that's cool. i did like decorating my villager and little camp/van.

alright so gauging from the responses i've gotten, seems they've just added some little extra shit and not really addressed the core issues that we were talking about when it first came out. sucks man. it's ok, i'll still check it out for a bit probably.

alright guys thanks for the responses

You missed out on becoming a goth rock star and a crystal princess.

pls no
i need a break between events
pls nintendo

Yeah there’s definitely nothing special added, but at least they seem to improve on things still. I think people are expecting too much from a mobile game. Oh yeah you can now dress up your animal friends which adds to camp customization as well.

Collection events are just normal gameplay, though. They've gotten really easy to complete.

I can't imagine using any of those things, though. Maybe the fire chain blocks.

PEACH DRESS

The one thing they improved gameplay-wise so far is the change of the request system for quarries.
Still awful to actually reply to requests though.

ACPC killed /acg/

Honestly they just need to fix anything that requires repeatedly clicking and the game is pretty great. People want to spend their time decorating, not planting individual flowers and helping with individual quarry requests.

Looks like the end of the previous thread was an absolute trainwreck. Why did these people wait until the literal last minute to ask for help?
Most active players finished days ago and were here asking if anyone still needs help. Almost nobody replied. I dumped hundreds of bugs on randoms because I just wanted the seeds.

To be honest, I suspect at least half were just hoarding bugs for maximum bell rewards.

I dunno user, you’d expect them to pop up throughout the week but as you said the end of last thread was... something.. I was sound asleep!

They do that every time.
At least with the first gardening event it was understandable becausee nobody had anticipated how awful it was going to be.

But who laid that egg?

This is a work of sheer beauty.

Phoebe.

>bing bing wahoo event announced on Twitter
>all the replies are begging for a break from events
lol

Guys I'm confused. I thought we were going to have the fishing event but we got stuck with another gardening event (thanks Leif). So what is this next event going to be?

I'm thinking it might just be a weak crafting event since they tend to alternate between each event. Or maybe we will get a new kind of event?

I wish they would give us a break though as I'm feeling burn out from Leif and I prob will skip the next one if it's more of the same bullshit.

>people are literally chimping out over free content in a free to play mobile game

Can't make this shit up

If the fishing tourney follows the same dates as it did in New Leaf it will start on the 17th.

You are probably right and that's most likely the reason for the heavy maintenance that they have planned for next week.

It takes some while after announcements for these events to actually happen.
They announced clothes crafting and dressing up campers weeks before they implemented it.

WAKE UP /acg/

I'm ready to go to bed

I lost my New Leaf town while doing some backups and just now I got a new 3DS. After the QR code machine, what should I do? My town only has oranges (native) and pears (thanks Isabelle)

What do you mean by what should you do? Do you mean what you should work on?

First thing I always do is start unlocking all the shops and pay off my loans with beetle money from the island.

I kinda lost the vibe of the game. Now I just chitchat with Coco and Cherry.

Yeah, been fishing an awful lot.

Oh okay. Well I like to work on a bit of everything all at once, so that means in a day:

> do some fishing and bug catching, donate new additions to the museum
> walk around town and dig up any X's, identify the fossils and donate them
> talk a little bit to everyone around town (but not on main street), fulfill their requests if you feel like it
> check the shops for any furniture/clothes you might like
> send letters to the villagers you really want to befriend (sending letters, especially with gifts, is the quickest way to build friendship)
> start to clear and plant trees/flowers, plan out where your town's paths are going to go (if you're the kind of player who goes all out with town design)
> go to the island at nighttime and farm stag beetles, put them in your basket until full, bring them to re-tail and sell them

The stag beetle farming is only for building initial capital, once you have about 500k - 1 million bells you can start to play the stalk market. I bought 500k worth of turnips and went to a friend's village after he TT'd to a date where the turnip buy price was something crazy like 400 bells a pop. Came back with 2 million.

Wow turnips are crazy money

Anybody else don't feel like doing requests anymore?

If it were backtoback collect X craft Y events barely anyone would complain. The problem’s the awful garden events. Events keep this incredibly barebones boring game somewhat interesting so the extreme casuals that play once-twice a week will ruin this game. It’s telling that we’re almost on the verge of dying when there’s no event, but get crazy activity like yesterday when something’s going on.

>animals are level 20
>i don't need money
>i don't need materials
Events are the only reason I bother talking to the animals.

buy my tuna and feed my new project

whats your new project

it’s a secret

but i will take your tuna for myself?

my tuna will be your tuna

but what about tour prje t?

it will be mine

whats the project

Touhou

what are you doing

it’s related to upgrading my camper

why are you upgrading your camper for touhou project

IT’S NOT TOUHOU

it’s already started on a smaller scale

you should buy my tuna instead because you would be buying the ultimate project, my love

how much does the tuna cost?

my tuna taste best

I miss cappucirno

my tuna is the most attractive tuna the type of tuna that turns people tunasexual

>people talk when there’s something to talk about

I don’t like how little player interaction there is in PC considering how substantial it’s been to the series before now, not to mention easier than ever to add friends and all. I don’t mean we should necessarily fish together in real time though I have fond memories of doing that in WW but no trading or reason to trade is super weak. With just that much there would at least be reasons for community discussion outside of how much they’re getting fucking jewed by RNG.

id?

Even player/animal interaction is shitty and the npcs have shallow dialog pools, but hey, all of this is just more proof that it is a cash grab mobage wearing Animal Crossing's skin rather than a legitimate AC title in any way.

But I'm still here.

I don’t know anyone who would defend this as a proper AC title, but I can hardly call it a cash grab since I haven’t once been tempted to spend money on it.

Villager templates are really shallow though, for sure. I’d like to see that fixed since it’s just text more or less.

I do just enjoy the game as having a little AC space to decorate that I can play towards while “”””””working”””””” but if anything it just makes me want AC Switch more.

People complaining about this games content other than the QOL issues it has need to seriously euthenise themselves.

If you thought for one second that this game was going to be anything other than a freemium version of AC, then you are lacking basic mental faculties. This has nothing to do with loyalty to the franchise or Nintendo or whatever, it's common fucking sense - there is no business model in handing a minority of weebs a free AC title.

>B-but muh animal cwossing

Kys, you're pathetic.

Hopefully. Overall I didn't do too bad for my first event. It was certainly an experience.
I could swear they were giving some teddies if you traded them for seasonal flowers, though I might've gotten it all confused. My bad.

anyone willing to let a hobo paleontologist drift into their town and nick their fossils?

im willing to pay a price set by you or draw a simple sfw pic of a villager of your choice [/spoiler]I'm sorry I don't have anything better to offer[/spoiler]

jesus christ lmfao

You were gone for like an hour there, was going through withdrawals.

Kind of a random observation but I've been selling a ton of clothes and furniture to Tommy in Pocket Camp to free some inventory space and the rewards you got from Rover's gardening event are the only items in the game that you can't sell. All regular craftable or purchasable furniture and clothing can be sold, animal portraits can be sold, even any other event item is fine – you get like 50 bells a piece so it's not profitable in the least but you can sell them if you want – but Rover's furniture and clothes are somehow a special clause.

The game treats Rover's shit the same way it treats Celeste's telescope or K.K.'s chair if you've bought them. It's locked to your inventory. I wonder why that is.

you cant run

What's the best way to decorate your camp? Going for total style/aesthetics or actually having items mix well for guest interactions?

Yeah

>No AC Switch
>Next chance at an announcement will be at E3 in 96 days
>Stuck with diet AC until then

who is this

Is there no way to find out how many items you already have?
I'm worried about hitting the cap now.

Oh geez I hope it's not because that's the only event that isn't coming back. It's the only one I've missed and I regret not even having one item from that event.