/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging. Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 09th of March:
141 BC – Liu Che, posthumously known as Emperor Wu of Han, assumes the throne over the Han dynasty of China.
1796 – Napoléon Bonaparte marries his first wife, Joséphine de Beauharnais.
1945 – World War II: The first nocturnal incendiary attack on Tokyo inflicts damage comparable to that inflicted on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki five months later.
1945 – World War II: A coup d'état by Japanese forces in French Indochina removes the French from power.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
EU4 DD 06/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1075765

CK2 DD 19/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/551

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2 - 14/12/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

LOL

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Reminder that Corneliu Zelea Codreanu did nothing wrong

white

Reminder that Poland deserved 1939

Reminder that Oswald Mosley did nothing wrong

i know, i've gone full tariffs&taxes pro, but that ends now. 12% effective tax for middle and lower classes, 6% tax for capitalists. the shogunate is finally embracing modern liberal capitalism.

LETS SEE HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF POINTS MY INDUSTRY DECREASES BY IN THE NEXT YEAR
what should I be using my nfs on now? capitalists I guess? and clerks probably

Capitalists and craftsmen

Absolutely purple and based.

What's the veredict?

>French Commune has a Black leader in the 1940s

wow, didn't know france was that progressive

>finally start properly industrialising as Russia after abolishing serfdom and my investments in education start paying off
>the world supply of iron literally can't keep up with my production of factories which in turn can't keep up with how many craftsmen I'm churning out

modders could've done better focus trees desu. It completely lacks events and flavour that lends context to what focuses you choose. Kaiserreich does it better desu update when

beautiful

god damn it tohoku had the best war-related industry in my country
whatafuk man, why is none of this stuff profitable

Is it too memey in blob 4 to select Aaragon and release naples and to play as Sicily?

Has potential but it's fucked and has fucked the game at the same time
Waiting for fix update before I play it some more

((progressive))

France was the site of the first communes so it should come as no surprise.

Playing it right now. There's few neat things in it, but as every Paradox DLC, it is not worth 15 dollars. It's literally just Chinese focus tree, decisions and chain of command. 2/10 fuck Paradox

How the fuck can the Ottomans lose 76000 men to attrition alone and not seem to be impacted at all
I don't even have a reserve of 76000 and I have 300 development more than them, we both have quantity ideas maxed out
Fucking Ottomans man they're such bullshit
How do I consistently beat them? That guy managed to beat them somehow playing Wallachia and I can't do it

like pottery

Hey friends where do I get HOI3 from?

Pirate bay link doesn't work in the info for me.

No not steam

Steam

Reminder that Bomber Harris did nothing wrong

nice trip's

I was looking forward to starting a fresh game today, is it broken even without the China DLC?

Any Germaniakid ITT? I got a fuckin bone to pick

Nice b8

Germany dindu nuffin. He wuz a good boy, tryna get his national debt back on track. We needed mo money for dem pogroms.

Lowered corruption to -1 per year, lowered inflation to 0, cut army maintenance to 0, can you be more specific since I have 3 merchants all pushing into Alexandria from my most profitable nodes, fired all advisers, deleted 9 forts, mothballed my remaining forts and I'm still on -1 gold per turn

Ireland should be a French client state in order to protect it from the English

Do NOT blob into AEngleland

just formed one

>subjugate over a nearby cha*s shitter
>cant do shit against them because that would be tyrannical

well what the fuck am i supposed to do

Disregard the fucking shithead council

Only way to get anything done, then when you get your shit done wait for your heir to take over and respect the council

Not sure sorry

it just seems dumb theres no mechanic in there to purge chaos shitters

What is the most resource intensive part of the engine in EU3 and EU4? Event listeners for every province and shitty OPMs? 3D water and landscape? Cryptocurrency mining for Johan?

Remember that time the IRA and KKK fought in Mexico?

How do I uproot hitler from germany? I don't have the new tree, what am I doing wrong?

Did you buy the DLC?

>Ku Klux Klan
Based

I did, I have it

*new ips*

>try out a democratic japan
>join the allies
>america still goes down the japanese war plan path
Stupid yanks

Afpg you here?

FUCKING REPLY AND TELL ME HOW TO MAKE MONEY IN THIS SHITTY GAME I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO BLOW MY BRAINS OUT

For some reason one of my vassals in CK2 is a fucking nigger

Why the FUCK is there so much bordergore in CK2

Lower your expenses or boost your income retard. Don't keep army maint max if you cant afford it

Succession is a bitch

Try collecting in Alexandria? Also make some trade ships to protect trade in Alexandria and other nodes flowing into it

Why is your corruption even increasing at all? You should be making decent money while you're at peace and your army and forts are mothballed

Why the FUCK is there so much bordergore in real life?

The first one, try to play a game with only like 7 custom nations, it runs incredibly fast because there are fewer countries.

It is lowered to 0

Your home trade node auto collects right? And I can't justify the cost to build the ships

idk that's what I want to know

this is a nigger run lad

Teach me how to play Darkest Hour /gsg/

Huh that's something I haven't seen in a while

How in the heck am I supposed to win the sino-japanese war?

>Your home trade node auto collects right?
maybe, but it wouldn't hurt to try right? I think collecting with a merchant gives trade power in that node, and there's probably a good deal of money flowing out of Alexandria, so any bit helps.
Haven't played EU4 in a while though, so I might be talking out of my ass

You have a huge problem with corruption are you extremely overextended or is your tech unbalanced? something like 16dip 22 adm tech?

what the fuck is with these values? Why is the new chain system AI so fucking retarded? Why is it trying to spread the men out as thinly as possible after attacking and overrides my manual commands immediately afterwards?

For HOI4, do all the mods like vanilla+ and conditional surrender work with the latest wanking tiger update? I'm deebly goncerned about updating and having everything break.

Shit mechanics
Most of real border gore was inside HRE which was officially one "empire". Especially in tribal eastern europe or middle east it wasn't as common as it is in CK2, just start game in 769 wait 100 years and I can guarantee you there will be Poland in random provinces all the way from Siberia to Sweden. Gavelkind is shit and should be reworked somehow to be at least little more reasonable.

Sooooooo, Seljuk invaded me, he had 45k troops, I had 30k, and then this happened. He had diarrhea earlier so I guess he died on a potty.

It's probably the tech imbalance, I've gone for 2 diplo idea groups

I've only played CK2, which game should I learn next? EU4 (I'll have to pirate all the dlc) or vic2 (already have it all)

EU4 + Meiou > Vic2

Vicky 2 my man

>Persia game
>Capital is not Esfahan

Fix that and pay back your loans and you'll be good.

*turkobyzantines ur path*

Is it just me or is the AI controlled air force terrible? They'll overcrowd airbases even if there's an empty airbase right next to them.

Wow that's so original :) Funny british man :o)

should I download the HPM mod in the OP image? or learn the base game first? I've been playing ck2 for so long I can't remember if I started with HIP

yeah play the mod. Vanilla is pretty garbage.

Yeah, no reason to not start with a good mod, it doesn't add that much more complexity anyway, it's mostly fixing vanilla mistakes and flavour.

what about the historical flavor mod (HFM), a modification of HPM?

historically, persians have had their capital all over the place

Don't. It nerds fascismt because ()((reddit)))

You okay there, pal?

sorry user but I can't tell what you're trying to say

nerds fascismt

it's mteh ewfascismsmmmmm NERFSS u diiot kikecuck lefty pol

Based Kikekilla2233

based

cringe

I restored the empire from my starting duchy so I set the capital there
R O L E P L A Y
O
L
E
P
L
A
Y

*cringes*

JUST FUCK OFF

talex

Hey /gsg/ I'm new to CK2 and decided I want to play a duke, so I picked caliph al-qa'im so I can form iraq as an orthodox kingdom and call it assyria
there's two assyrian culture provinces outside of my demesne but they're in my liege's demesne, I cant find any assyrian people in the character finder. how do I convert to the culture?
also my character is the caliph and sayyid, can I even convert to orthodox? can my heir convert to orthodox? what happens to my caliph title if I convert?
thanks in advance

is this a steamcordplaza raid?

>No Spanish, Greek, Bulgarian focus tree

What the fuck is wrong with Paradox

Wow you (you)'d me 4 times am I really that cringy

yeah

Fucking bugs