/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros General

which ideas do you want for smash?

for me I would say a few things

>new game modes
>DLC costumes
>new game mechanic
>port costumes and port stages from brawl
>a story mode

what do you guys think? lemme know on which character, stage, music, or whatever do you want for smash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KmDXp9iPvfM
mynintendonews.com/2018/03/07/hori-set-to-release-a-nintendo-switch-usb-hub-stand/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

-Ranked online mode and leaderboard with for glory rules
-Playable Dragon Quest character
-All or most characters from previous installments + new ones

>>a story mode
>>new game modes
>>brawl
You casual shits need to stop with this. You realize the more assets they put into making miscellaneous garbage the less they'll have for actual content.

Mario Revamp:

Side B - Cappy throw
Down B - Ground pound
Up B - FLUDD hover/rocket

Thoughts?

>reddit spacing

While I still want my boy Lloyd, I think there has been too much time in between him being out and him being added to the game this time around.

I am very sad to say the least.

This is also my favorite map of all time unironically.

So who are they?

I hate the whole "Greninja's ears" part.
That is clearly Pika.
Go back and watch the trailer and you'll see that the top remains yellow and his buddy next to him remains pink (Kirby duh) all throughout the zooming out.

>Kirby
>Not Jigglypuff

Ranked online mode called Smashmacking in For Glory
Game points in For Fun similar to Mario Kart
Better use of 8 player smash and a way that you can play competitive 4v4
Story mode
The return of Smash Run, break the targets and board the platforms and an improved target blast and smash tour
Fast gameplay like Melee.

fuck off

>not knowing the difference between their silhouettes

>tfw you'll never be cut because you have OG immunity

Sorry, I wasn't asking petulant idiots like you.

Will he be in sma5h too?

thanks dr mario

I’m betting on Solair. Amiibo and DS remaster add some credibility

I want more legal stages. Yes, I'm a Smash 4 tourneyfag, get over it.

I enjoy a good kids party game now and then too

Post your mains in each game/mod and your favorite game/mod!

Possibly..

C. Falcon / Marth / Dedede / Marth

I like Melee for most for the nostalgia, never got super competitive at it, but Christmas 2001 will always be the best of my childhood for a reason.

Rhythm Heaven for Smash when?

What about DJ Max Portable?

youtube.com/watch?v=KmDXp9iPvfM

typical reddit answer get the fuck out of here you neckbread.

>Post ideas for Mario Revamp
>not have any inclination to post anything more than what the revamp would change for the game other than the design
>reddit spacing
What did you expect people to actually critique on when you've got nothing to go off of other than "this is my ideas the post" with no mechanics and look like a newfaggot.
Actually fuck off.

not him but you need to back to the other ssbg thread

What's Reddit spacing? Wouldn't you have to be a redditor to know what that is? Weird... Get reached and TEACHED.

Well, I kind of expected people who aren't idiotic angry sperglords like you to respond, but I guess I should've known better.

God forbid people engage in a bit of harmless smash discussion.

Apparently formatting your post neatly with paragraphs means you're reddit spacing, even though people were doing this on Veeky Forums way before reddit existed.

>Obligatory
Unless of course you're not actively a part of reddit and have the human capacity to identify what is reddit spacing and mannerisms of their ilk regardless.
That doesn't make it any less frowned upon. Lurk more, newfaggot.

>That doesn't make it any less frowned upon. Lurk more, newfaggot.
I was posting on this site before idiots like you were born.

Finally, a Smash thread

So what is it, lads? Smash 5? Deluxe port of Smash 4?

I've heard things like... if it was a port, they'd credit Bandai Namco. Even if Pac Man wasn't explicitly one of the silhouettes (unless he was? they were really hard to tell), they did have a hand in helping develop Smash 4 didn't they?

It's Smash 5. You need to stop being fooled by dumbasses on /v/.

>I-I made a horrible post! Its everyone else's fault for not taking me seriously and thinking I'm dumb. T-they must be angry sperglords because this is the kind of newfaggot buzzwording that'll really show em and get my point across!
Please leave. You're clearly not wanted here.

The same people who get butt blasted by reddit spacing are the same people who get butt blasted by the stupid shit that tumblr gets upset about, seriously who fucking cares what someone's spacing looks like so long as you can read it. Something like this is fine:

Here is my idea:

>neatly
>lists
>all
>the ideas

Shit like that is fine, but I guess I can understand when people talk about this kind of reddit spacing.

The kind where you space after every two setenences, the kind where you can clearly tell that they came from reddit in the hopes of leaks or some shit.

>inb4 someone gets triggered by this.

also I want an Etrian Odyssey character in Smash.

If this is Smash 5, what would its subtitle be? So far, we've had

>(none)
>Melee
>Brawl
>for (system)

Battle Royale?

It's Smash 5 and I'm fucking calling it. It's going to be named "Super Smash Bros. Legacy" or some shit because they're gonna say "this will be the last one I swear guys" except that they actually stay true to their word this time.

I'm gonna bet on Super Smash Bros. Showdown

>abbreviates to SSBS
>as a bonus, SSBS could also be Super Smash Bros. Switch

I like this idea

>Finally, a Smash thread
Like there's been any lack of this and the people that come with it since the announcement

WAIT

I KNOW WHY THIS IS SMASH 5 AND NOT A DELUXE PORT

BECAUSE THE MII FIGHTERS WILL HAVE TO BE CUT and good fucking riddance

Whats wrong with Mii fighters?

How did you react to this?

>WHERE IS MY 2018 FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

Mario (Dr. Mario as an alt, composite moveset that gives him the best traits of both), Luigi, Wario, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr (unlockable, Koopalings as alts), Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi
Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, Jigglypuff (unlockable), Mewtwo (unlockable), Charizard, Lucario (unlockable), Mimikyu (new)
Fox, Falco (unlockable), Captain Falcon, Ness (unlockable), Pit (Dark Pit as an alt, composite moveset that gives him the best traits of both), Palutena, Link (BotW appearance, new moveset that incorporates elements from the game, has OoT outfit as an alt), Zelda (BotW appearance, mostly the same moveset but uses the Bow of Light more in her moveset, has OoT outfit as an alt), Ganondorf (unlockable, a theoretical BotW design, similarly to how Sheik in Brawl, how she would have looked in TP, OoT outfit as an alt), Sheik (BotW Sheikah clothing, OoT outfit as an alt), Toon Link (MM Young Link as an alt)
Marth (Lucina as an alt, composite moveset, as strong as Lucina normally but keeping the tipper), Roy (unlockable), Ike, Robin, FE16 rep, Mr. Game and Watch (unlockable), ROB, Duck Hunt, Little Mac (unlockable), Olimar (unlockable)
Villager (unlockable), Isabelle (new), Shulk (unlockable), Squid Kids (new), ARMS rep (new)

Greninja won't make the cut as it lacks relevance now
Corrin is dropped, he lacks relevance now, and was just there to promote Fates
Wii Fit Trainer and Mii Fighters represent a dead brand, so they are cut
Lucas is on the verge, but I think he should be cut, since Mother 3 coming here at all is a meme, while Mewtwo and Roy continue to make appearances in their franchises and were also Melee veterans
The third parties are completely up in the air, Sonic, Ryu, Cloud, Mega Man, Pac Man, and Bayonetta
Bayonetta has a good chance of returning since I think Bayo 3 is coming up on the Switch?

its gonna be called Nexus
a reference to the Switch's codename and the definition itself

That sounds fucking lame

I just know what is Reddit and specific things about it but I don't go there haha!

Not him
But you don't necessarily have to be a Redditor to know what they're like. Just like how you don't have be a Tumblrite to know that its cancer.

Yeah they'd never pick something lame
"For Wii U/3DS" Was great ..

3DS version truly did ruin everything.

better than the last title Sakurai thought up
or that cringe fan title people forced (Kerfluffle)

It really did. While there is a novelty of having Smash on the go (and for what it was worth, it DID run smoothly, maintaining 60 FPS and all), that's kind of irrelevant now that we have the Switch for that. I'll just hope it can also maintain a good framerate.

>The return of break the targets and board
I knew that my sm4sh training was missing something important, that's it!
Other that showing the hitboxes in training mode.

No wait, what about those?

These are already usable on switch

Switch has been able to use them for months, dummy. You just need the Wii U adapter. Too bad their price skyrocketed after that

>the triggers on the Gamecube Controller, L and R, correspond to L and R on the Switch
>the Switch's triggers are ZL and ZR
>the only correspondent the Gamecube Controller has is Z for ZR, but no ZL
>Gamecube Controller also has no Home or - buttons

It'll be fine for Smash but for every other game you'll run into some difficulties. If you're playing Zelda, you wouldn't be able to open the map for instance.

Yep! It's mostly intended for smash and Mario Kart, I think. But hey, the option is there, that's pretty heckin cool

Really Hope that we get Rex and four Blades. I know Rex and Pyra are basically a shoe in, but I want Roc and Nia, damn it.

Yeah, I like that the option is there. I'm gonna bet that the Joycons on the sides will be an option for play, not ideal, but better that than the Wii Remotes on the sides. I can see the options being:

>Joy Cons together, Joy Cons individually, Pro Controller, GameCube Controller

I want good movement. If a game has good movement it's a good game.

It worked for bayofag. I think I have a chance.

whats the point, the cancer is going to come back once they realize a thread is up. its fucking depressing

I haven't tested it for Mario Kart 8 but it should work fine for that too.
Technically you could use it for PuyoTet or Mania but why would you
Most modern games like Odyssey, BotW, FE Warriors etc yeah, not gonna fly.
Also portable smash is saved mynintendonews.com/2018/03/07/hori-set-to-release-a-nintendo-switch-usb-hub-stand/

Mayflash 4-port is only $18 which is pretty much straight up superior to the original anyway.

you'll namefag for the rest of your life

If Shovelknight can't make it, you're fucking delusional if you think your sub-part SMT/Tohou rip-off is gonna make it

So you really have to avatarfag while posting?

>>new game modes
Ranked
>>DLC costumes
Cheerleader TLink, Gerudo Link, crossdressing Cloud, Zero Suit Fox, Wedding Dress Mario (from Odyssey), Pikachu Pop Star (pic), and of course Pajama Ness
>>new game mechanic
I'm thinking of something more competetive/subtle rather than something for casuals like a lvl 2 final smash or something (which would also be cool)
Like hitting someone in their airdodge lag gives more hitstun, meteor cancelling gives you a slightly higher jump. I cant really think of anything game-changing that doesn't break the game.
>>port costumes and port stages from brawl
I dont really give a shit, port all of it except the moving stages
>>a story mode
dont care, SSE is overrated as fuck. Melee Adventure mode was good though so maybe something like that

He ruined his legacy by continuing his tripfaggotry and shitposting long after Bayo made it in

Honestly solo joycon is more comfortable and viable than the fucking 3DS.

fuck OFF rakky!

Yeah... having an actual stick to use does wonders.

Meanwhile Smash and Kid Icarus ruined at least two or three Circle Pads I've had. I'm not even playing aggressively, I'm just playing as intended.

henlo

Big bois not allowed. Go home Ridley.

When is her reveal trailer

tfw my meme edit is even more relevant now

>general died because everyone stopped caring about smash 4
>same general sentiment across the board
>only revived interest because of smash 5 "news"

Meleechads win again, enjoy your $60 game that you'll play for a few months and then give up again once you realize that this one also has no depth to its gameplay.

Who do you main in melee?

So who's getting axed?

I think we are not going to see Pac-Man, Dark Pit, Lucina, Cloud

Based pivot tipper man. When I first started seriously playing, I mained Fox (about 1.5 yr) and honestly never even considered maining a floaty but eventually I found that Marth's play style is so much more fun than spacies or >>>Falcon

How does center stage work. I'm awful at smash bros. and I'm going to be awful at 5 too.

Ganon and falcon havent relevant for a whule so probably being cut
Bayo is pretty much safe. And gw is like 100% axed lol

Try playing

i'm so sick of this crippling depression /ssbg/....save me please....why must my mind constantly feed me negative thoughts

It means you're in the middle of the stage and your opponent is inherently at a disadvantage being at the left or right side of it because they have to approach you to push you out to regain it themselves.

Since the object of the game is to push your opponent to the blast zones you want to be as 'far' away from them as you can be when you get hit with an attack so there's less of a chance you will be KOd.
That's why they call it 'stage control' because when you're in the middle you basically control where your opponent can reasonably go to get it back without being rekt by you.

Well for starters Veeky Forums certainly isn't going to help depression. The place is mostly misery, if you haven't noticed.

Who will make it to the list this time?

General died because this autistic fuck split the community into several different discords because he couldn't get along with anyone and wanted to have all the power to himself, generals then died because they became nothing but the meeting grounds of said factions to shit on each other.

And the same thing will happen again if you don't watch out and report all discord links.

If you're gonna shitpost know your history, or be prepared to repeat it.

and now we have /v/ in the mix. are you fucking happy now?

>story mode bad
Subspace Emissary is GOAT

i sure love running through generic jungle fighting generic bad guys with low iq puzzles and vanilla brawl physics
I played that shit multiple times but cmon, after the launch hype was gone you only played it for the cutscenes

It's gonna be called SSBSS

>Super Smash Bros Super Saiyan