Savings Portfolio

I want to save 20K for a new truck. I can put away 4K/year. I was thinking of putting 1/4 in SSI, 1/4 in SDR,1/4 in ORC, and 1/4 in cash or money market. Is this a good portfolio? Why or why not?

buy ETH

2.66 div yields? Not much of a savings account.

>puts money into an appreciating asset to buy a depreciating asset

kys you degenerate asshole.

>He dreams of saving for a physical good!

Seriously, what a dumb fucking pleb you are. Saving money for a particular thing is wage slavery pleb shit. Save your money to not have to work, then use your time and capital to build even more income, then buy fun shit if you feel like it.

Yes, thank you for that. But I need a truck to get around and transport material for my regular job

"needs a truck to get around"
"needs a new $20k truck"

These two are not the same thing.

20k is for down payment. New truck costs a little over 40k.

When i say new truck I mean a truck to replace my old one. Frankly I'm not seeing the level of knowledge I was hoping for.

>tries to save enough to be approved to go into debt for something he can't afford

loool

>40 thousand dollar truck for work
Wow... That money is really gonna be hard to get. Normal people will struggle for years to save 40k but seeing how you're full on retarded you might as well give up now.. Or buy some good knee pads.

I am only interested in hearing from some one who knows how calculate intrinsic values of dividend stocks. That would be great!

NO it's not

Drop SSI

i see you are trying to go for dividends.

be careful of ORC i've held that thing for 3 years, they may cut divi soon due to selling shares, they will reinvest that money from the offering, but the problem is that it's a REIT so they have to pay out 90% of their income to shareholders if they sell more shares they will have more shares to distribute income to. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. If they can manage to grow their income they can keep the divi, if the income after the investing activity stays the same expect a drop in divi aswell as a huge drop in share price, if that happens, wait and start buying ORC hand over fist. For now stay cautious holding it.

For SDR you need to be on the look out of oil, they look they are doing alright right now but some of these oil trust expire in a certain time maybe they have certain day they expire or maybe they have a certain amount of oil and gas that after they have sold that amount they will expire and your principle will go to zero. If for some reason oil prices are causing them to break even they will pay a distribution in a form of return on capital, which is basically taking money out of the shares to give back to the shareholders. So be careful of that, read up on when and if the trust expires.

Since i think you should drop SSI because it is retail and fuck retail for the next year. You should look into buying a stock that isn't focused on dividend paying but on growth, like a stock that doesn't pay out a dividend but yet reinvest into the company. This will give you accelerated growth in your portfolio, more risk yes but if you do your homework on the company you should come out ahead. Sell once you are up a good amount on the growth stock and look for another while collecting dividends on your other positions.

As for the truck. Once you get to the 20k you might not want that truck anymore so focus on trading not on the money.

Brilliant! Thank you!

are you new here? do you know how to reply to people?

also do you have a broker account that is able to trade otcmarkets?

Anons, I know it's extremely retarded to spend a lot of money on a new car that's going to depreciate the moment you drive off and worse if you are paying interest loan on it. So, is it better to buy a gently used 3-5 year old car instead? I need a new car because the one ive driving for the past 12 years too beat up.

yes

>20k truck
Why not get a 5k truck?
Do you think you will look better on a 20k truck?
Do you think people will look at your truck and think it has any appeal whatsoever? It's a fucking truck!

If you said you wanted a 20k used sportscar, i can understand that. A truck? no

Buy a used 200X Toyota. No need for a new truck granted it's not intended to impress country whores or something.

yeah its a fucking truck lmao

So... The general consensus here is that I look into a used truck, go for an 8-10K down payment with a 3-5K loan. The truck does not have to be pretty but I do need to be able to transport building materials and work equipment to job sites.

You're right, it does not have to be pretty, but I do have to have a substantial towing and payload capacity

and your ID is mlp to top it off.

I just paid off my current truck, I want to keep it for about another three years and then start looking for another.

lol, what truck doesn't have the capacity to tow enough?

The 200x is way too small and underpowered for my purposes. But they are pretty great little trucks.

Underrated.

The type that breaks an axle or blows a transmission when over loaded.

>Save your money to not have to work, then use your time and capital to build even more income, then buy fun shit if you feel like it.

This is my m.o. right here.

let me guess
you're in the Midwest

Solid investment brah

Or buy POSW now and have one by next year.

>wants a solid reliable truck that tows a lot of shit
>posts a Toyota Tundra, the worst pickup in its class according to most car review sources

I mean it's probably reliable, but it's bad on gas, bad ride, average towing capacity at best, and more expensive than the equivalent Ford or Chevy option.

If I'm you, I go down to a car lot in 2-3 years, buy a nice f150 with lots of options and 20-30k miles on it, and pay maybe $20-25k for a reliable, lightly used truck with lots of aftermarket support and cheap parts for repairs.

You don't need a new truck just so you can pay depreciation on it. The vast majority of truck owners use the towing capacity sparingly, and many never even see a dirt road. You won't be any better off buying new than getting a nice, gently used one for $15k less.

Yep. Get an off-lease vanity truck (f150 king ranch edition or some shit).

Nobody gets that truck to actually use it, they lease it to show off for their blue collar buddies and maybe tow a boat or jet skis a couple times a year. It'll cost you $25k for a 2014 or 2015 model with like 30k miles, and there will be easily 100k of hard, abusive miles left in that truck, worst case scenario. Then, when you wear it out in 5-10 years, you repeat the process. You'll have a nice truck that you'll enjoy driving, it will be reliable and safe, and it'll only be half the price of buying that new Toyota.

BTW, don't get a Toyota truck to abuse. The resale on that brand defies logic for the entire model range because they're the "reliable" brand for retards that don't know how to maintain vehicles. You're better off with an American truck because their depreciation schedule doesn't defy logic, and I'm assuming you plan to drive your truck into the ground so resale won't be a huge concern for you.

Or put it all in DGB and be a millionaire next year you fucking retarded red neck. Then you can buy all the pick up trucks your heart desires.

Veeky Forums really is full of neet poorfags, y'all would really buy a beat up piece of shit for $5k and fix it every year instead of taking a 3 year loan on something brand new that will last for years with proper maintenance. Also it will be a solid down payment for a new car 10 years down the road.