/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Sadayo Saturday Edition

NEWS
>BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Releasing on May 31 in Japan, June 5 in North America: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-releasing-may-31-japan-june-5-north-america-new-trailer/
>Persona 5 anime to start airing April 2018: p5a.jp
>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night confirmed for release on May 24th 2018:

>persona-dance.jp/p3d/
>persona-dance.jp/p5d/

>Atlus' online shop is now open: shop.atlus.com/
>Persona Q2 revealed: pq2.jp

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ
>Persona Concerts - 2008 to 2017
pastebin.com/L19y0r5X

MANGA
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Anal with Makoto!

I love Anne!

Yep. Gamifying the arcs of characters supposedly integral to the story is just bizarre. It comes across as incredibly stilted and meaningless, it's just broken up into these 10 neat chunks, and because they're neat they feel artificial. And to top it off, these segments of character development aren't really well written. There's very little that ever surprises you about someone, or makes you think more deeply about them, or makes you truly empathize with them.

I cared more about FF15's characters, and FF15 was a bad Final Fantasy game. That tells you something.

I love Yukari!

i wanna rest my face in her hair swoops

there's no escape huh

Meguro is a in a media composer's role while pretending to not be a media composer. That's why I used the word "useless". His works add nothing to the base game. They don't amplify the feeling of scenes or battles at all. They're just random, poorly made lyrical compositions inserted into a game.

Mitsuda, Shimomura and Uematsu understand that they are first and foremost media composers whose role is to create something thematically appropriate for the scene and game.

No need to be so rude, user. It's true.

I love Bimbo housewife Aigis!

I love my Queen

I'm not referring to one specific game. I'm just interested in why the series as a whole is so overrated.

I recently played through a bunch of PS1 era RPGs again, and it reminded me of just how bad Persona games were by comparison. Character development wise, story-wise, in terms of world-building and mechanics too.

I have no idea why these games get so much unadulterated praise. Especially for narrative and characters. The character development is generic and boring, it's gamified in a really clumsy way, the character arcs are completely predictable. There's nothing in them that makes you truly empathize with your party in the same way, say, Barrett or Cid's backstories made you sympathize with them in FF7.

It's annoying because the weebsphere never tires of shitting on Final Fantasy, but even the best Persona games can't hold a candle to FF6 through to 10.

So why the overrating? My feeling is that a lot of it is down to ironic female weebs with no taste.

Yukari doesn't love you, you have a penis and that means you are a filthy pig.

>So why the overrating? My feeling is that a lot of it is down to ironic female weebs with no taste.

Bingo. If you look it up on twitter, most of the hardcore Persona fans are girls who are desperately trying to ingratiate themselves through irony into various weeb subcultures. These people are massive hipsters too. If you look at the rest of their feed in general, they'll be the sort of person who hates anything new/western/non-niche.

Weeb girls are absolute cancer because they never grow up for some reason. They're like this well into their 20s and even 30s. Whereas most weeb guys at least get thrust head-first into reality in their 20s and have to adapt accordingly.

I attribute this to a few of them being cute enough to get away with being insufferable morons with arrested development.

I recognize that the stories and characters in persona games are weaker than in other jrpgs
However at least for me, I really enjoy the daily life rpg/vn format and in P3 and P4 I cried at end because I legitimately felt intimacy with the characters. P5 was just emotionless garbage made for money with no focus or theme.

Why do people even copy paste things over form /v/ to here?

Faux "groovy" jazz is all Meguro can do. Do you realize how many two-bit YouTubers can do the same, or media composers charging $5 a pop online?

it feels like a cop out, but the answer is honestly autism

Not true, user. She loves me!

Character development in Persona is basically forced and part of the story in most older JRPGs while in something like Persona it's essentially optional. And because it's optional Atlus has struggled with integrating the development those characters go through into the main story. The worth of Persona is just inflated because they appeal to a particular target market among people into Japanese media that has arisen over the past 10 years. The same people who love spending tons of money and time on those mobile games primarily.

And yeah. I got more into the world of Tales of Vesperia, which I played recently, than I ever did persona.

She loves you too!

yukari only loves people who know how to make webms

I hope.

Does that mean she doesn't love Fuuka?

I had more fun with #FE than Persona.

Yeah

Why do you even talk about twitter/youtube/whatever here? Did someone over there call you a faggot and it hurt your feelings? Or did you just come to this site and are trying too hard to fit in?

Is he a bot?

A reminder that LJ is a Fuukafag.

Because that's where the majority of the ironic weeb/female weeb contingent who love Persona games hang out?

It's like asking what links Ribbit and Rick and Morty.

Who hurt you?

don't respond to the guy pasting posts from /v/ you literal retard

we already know that
now we don't care

Back to /cgl/ you sad slut with daddy issues.

I want to play the cowtiddy Persona game but I don't own a Wiiu. Switch port never.

Stop projecting.

That was also copy pasted from /v/. He is even copy pasting the the posts responding to his copy pasted posts from /v/

damn it turns out i am the literal retard for not checking that i guess

this is some avant garde shitposting

>it's another squeenix vs. fatlus episode

You don't have an argument either, it's just 'but other people do it too'
>faux 'groovy' jazz is all Meguro can do
Is Persona 5 the only megaten you've played?

I do have an argument. Namely that Meguro's compositions are useless as media compositions for the Persona games.

Go and listen to the Nier and Nier Automata soundtracks if you want to understand what a good soundtrack can do for a game in terms of amplifying certain scenes.

>doesn't deny it

Whore.

Hey, if you need to pretend I'm some girl from your college's anime/video game club who loves persona and broke your heart, go for it.

If you're a post 2008 weeb who has an ironic twitter account, you'll think Persona is better than FF7. If you have taste and don't go to anime cons or cosplay, then you'll prefer FF7 (the superior game).

Deal w/ it.

first part meant for

>playing other jrpgs
LOL

Is this reportable?

Truly the best cast

It should be.

I have an argument. Please refer to pic related.

Yes, it's spam

>implying reporting does anything

Redeeming thread with precious hand holding.

It's not spam since it's not all the same person and it's all on topic
There needs to be a rule regarding copying posts from /v/ that are related to the thread you're in

What does Haru think will happen if they are seen together?
>Look at this cunt, she loves her boyfriend! What a bitch!

Makoto is a handsome girl!

Persona 4 & 3 are fantastic.

Persona 5 is garbage though.

>Haha! Look at that loser enjoying her relationship!
then they all take turns giving her swirlies

Thanks? umm. For you?

excuse me those girls should not be in those outfits

Her name is Anna.
Truth.

hahahahahahaha

Thanks for the Xenoblade 2 dual audio patch. Too bad no one used it and your shitty dub was used by everyone for comedic relief.

Aegis is best girl.

we did it p5bros

>gif
Grandpa I...

I couldn't stomach five fucking minutes of that trash dub, what sort of fucking idiot would want to ruin the story of the game just because "lol british memes." And NoA didn't do the dub anyway dumbass, that was NoE.

Her name is Holy Grail.

>Gamifying the arcs of characters supposedly integral to the story is just bizarre.
It honestly astounds me that people can play through the game and somehow completely misunderstand the purpose and significance of social links, even when they are so blatantly spelled out that you have to be either braindead or /v/-regular to miss them.

Say that in real life not online see what happens.

I'm all ears, grandson.

Persona 3 storywise is okay since it has actual character development in the main game. But 4 and 5 can't even do that.
When i played Persona 5 for the first time i had the same experience as when i played Dark Souls III on NG: The game was perfect. But for both of those games, when i tried to play the second time, it didn't had a 1/4th of fun it had before. There's no replayability for those games. Hell, maybe even P4 is like that, although i'm still on NG and i'm already bored with the game

>he actually used the dub

If you can't appreciate the thematic richness of Persona 3 and along with it's occult atmosphere I don't know what to say. Everything is tied together so well in this game despite its glaring flaws that it feels great and I like that its something different. It has some standout moments and probably one of my favourite final bosses + endings in any game.

Too bad nothing happens in the middle of the game for a solid 40 or so hours. Worse pacing than even P5.

Subtle vidya clothes

>Worse pacing than even P5
>implying P5 had bad pacing

Who wouldn't? It's terrible in that hilarious way, except for the bunny guy who can shut the fuck up.

alright just fucking STOP reposting from /v/ jesus fucking christ

Surprised there is no fan art of them together and your right Aegis is best girl

>copying /v/ posts this quickly
lmao

why not move to /psg/ or other Persona generals on /trash/ since it's safer there?

When two people in a circle of friends get together, the result is tons of teasing at their expense.

Persona is garbage

Anyone who cares about taking the game remotely seriously. The shit that is intended to be funny is funny in Japanese, and the shit that is intended to be serious is serious. In the dub, it's all a laughingstock, and not in a good way. I wouldn't curse myself with a first playthrough with the dub in a million years. Hell I can't stomach a bad dub anyway so I wouldn't touch it even on a second playthrough.
>It's terrible in that hilarious way
Nah, it's terrible in a terrible way, and hurts the game.

The thread desperately needs it.

Cute

The game isn't exactly Shakespeare, you LITERALLY get "nothing personal, kid"'d in the prologue. And let's not forget
>I am a trained military man, I don't understand basic color recognition
>You think I'll give up me friend's names that easy, I'd never betray Rex and Pyra!

>October 26th
>Futaba standing in your room at the end of the day
>talking to her from the left side while skipping through her dialogue causes her animations to mess up and have her right arm clip right through her stomach every time she turns around

That's some scary stuff.

Comfy Persona silliness

I would like there to be a couple shirts with the complete blood splatter or Jokers "shows over" broken star by themselves against a plain background.

cemented lightbulb

>The game isn't exactly Shakespeare
That's a fucking retarded excuse for essentially using a dub that brings the game down to youtube abridged video level trash. Nobody's voice fits their character, and every dramatic scene becomes a fucking mess. Even the stuff that was actually intended to be funny in Japanese like the stuff with Zeke during the early-game end up being cringe inducing messes that I doubt anyone would actually laugh at, and definitely not for the reasons the writers intended. It is a legitimately terrible dub that changes the tone of the game so drastically it might as well be fanmade. It's a shame you're stuck with the mediocre translation regardless though, since they could've actually pulled off the Meleph being a dude thing in Japanese with how credible her VA sounds, but the translators decided to remove that entirely and call her "Lady" from the moment she's introduced.

I just booted P5 after a 9 month break and I'm at Okumura's palace waiting for the change of heart. Any tips on what I should be doing around this point of the game? I've forgotten all the minor details. I think I'm doing good with my social links, but I'm concerned about my personas. I have Pisaca, Belphegor, Mitra, Kikuri-Hime, Hecatoncheires, Mithras and Hariti. At this point I just want to run through the game as fast as possible.

what's from /v/ and what isn't
I don't want to reply to anything without knowing, but how do I find out without going to /v/
fuck

>At this point I just want to run through the game as fast as possible.
Go back to it when you have the time and patience then, nu-persona doesn't accommodate rushing very well

don't reply then
don't even look at any posts
close the thread
escape

I disagree but Anne is garbage

I played Trails in the Sky 3rd chapter right after persona 5 and the contrast was astounding, both in gameplay quality and presentation of the story. Sure Persona 5 looks shinier, but its just that, a game that is very polish and refined in its presentation but a damn shallow pool

Trails 3rd surpassed all of my already high expectations after the first two titles, and it is quite clear why, it didn't play things safe, it took certain subplots and areas into a direction the series hasn't taken it before, where as I feel like Persona 5 tried too hard to ape off of what Persona 4 did and Persona 3 was had great ideas but absolutely fucking dull braindead gameplay