Today I found out that Russians are still butthurt about Napoleon

Today I found out that Russians are still butthurt about Napoleon
What the fucking hell, how can you unironically be butthurt about a war that happened 200 years ago and that you won at the end?
Sure Nappy humiliated the Russians for a decade, but they won eventually, so why the buttpain?

Can't believe these faggots call us "butthurt belt" because we're still mad at what they did to us a few decades ago while they themselves are butthurt about stuff that happened centuries ago

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k97nvOSBDnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Historical myths influence contemporary culture.

Whoda thunk it

>What the fucking hell, how can you unironically be butthurt about a war that happened 200 years ago and that you won at the end?
But Russian history started in 1917.

>Napoleon was a coward
>Tsar Alexander was very brave

Is it opposite day?
Where was the brave tsar when Friedland and Borodino were fought?

People are still but hurt about Constantinople. Hell I'm still but hurt about Constantinople

Then you will be amazed after learning about 100YW and Internet.

Brits are buttblasted about it but then again they lost
Meanwhile the Russian in the OP is butthurt about a war his country won

>Russians are retards

More news at 11

>Russian history ended in 1917
ftfy

How come being opinionated about something automatically counts as "butthurt" on imageboards, it's the most retarded fucking meme ever.

>Africa is underdeveloped
>LOL WHY SO BUTTHURT ABOUT AFRICA

Have you read the post of the Russian dude in the OP
If that's not butthurt then butthurt doesnt exist

Every Russian I've ever met thought that napoleon was a great general specifically because he was one of the few people to get as far as he did. Im sure that Russians from the war didnt think so, but to my knowledge he is more revered than hated in russia.

Can't you say the same about USA and civil war? It was 200 years ago, why this losers flag is even popular today?

link?

The Confederate flag is just a "I'm not like those liberals in the city" thing.

Then again, Russians are probably mad about Napoleon as a reaction to tensions with the EU.

youtube.com/watch?v=k97nvOSBDnk

He's sperging out all over the comments

This one russian is probably a larper of the highest caliber. Probably even the "monarchist". In general the only thing that can make common people mad about Napoleon is to say that Russians lost battle of the Borodino which is like most known of the all.

No a lot of it is butthurt

They had to literally burn down their entire capital to win.

Seriously, Nappy nearly died a few times while retreating from Moscow on a fucking sled, eating frozen horse corpses and trying to avoid getting bushwhacked by Russians.

English are still pretty mad about the Norman invasion and the vikings

Yeah, Napoleon was anything but a coward
At some point he got ambushed with a small party by the cossacks, with enemies a dozen of meters from him, yet he didnt lose his calm

Meanwhile, the brave Tsar Alexander shat himself at Austerlitz despite never even having an enemy within sight range and got traumatized so hard by it he couldnt show up on a battlefield again until Leipzig a decade later (and even then he remained at the extreme rear)

Napoleon was such a living god that his mere presence made 60,000 Russians renounce to attack a few thousands troops out of fear

Aprocryphal as fuck

Not him, but I read a very similar account of things like that happening in Captain Coignet's memoirs

Except not at all
Napoleon's ambush by the cossacks at Gorodnya is well documented and has been represented by many Russian artists

Making Napoleon out to be a brave hero is a deception.

Alexander was the commander of Russia and he outsmarted Napoleon despite all boneys "bravery"

>Russians crying about robbing
It's fucking Russian history in a nutshell to rob their neighbours from everything.

Dumb cunts.

He didn't outsmart Napoleon at all, he never won a battle and there is no proof that he ordered the burning of Moscow at all - which is what defeated him.

>He didn't outsmart Napoleon at all,
Yet the grand armie was all but destroyed, and Napoleons power was markedly reduced, by a guy who never faught him.

He couldn't outsmart him if he was not involved in the campaign at all. He let his generals do all the work and thinking for him.

>Alexander was the commander of Russia and he outsmarted Napoleon despite all boneys "bravery"

Except that is it really was Kutuzov
You know, the man that this spoiled brat of a tsar blamed for his own failure at Austerlitz
Quite ironic