/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous is currently in Chapter 1 of the Beyond expansion, patch number 3.0. It comes free with the Horizons expansion and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content and continues to fall short.

Thargoids have crippled AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are now appearing in human space. Be aware that while the Targoid Interceptors are not normally hostile, Scout Marauders absolutely are.
Starport repair requirements have been reduced to 10% of their original values and may actually be feasible now.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Alpha 3.0.1 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
[YouTube] {Stanton Symphony} - Cinematic Montage, 1440p Smooth Ultra (Comprehensive Star Citizen 3.0 playable)

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
[YouTube] Squadron 42: Pre-Alpha WIP Gameplay - Vertical Slice w/ Director's Commentary

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/whU2tNu2

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Previous Thread:

Attached: CS_STAR_CITZ_Steel_Style[1].jpg (1000x700, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/henshingarbo/wsg-2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1435597664660.gif (400x225, 435K)

>uses SC for the OP pic.
>doesn't update SC info to show 3.1 is in evocati.

Attached: 1518252506299.gif (320x240, 1.19M)

Which ship do you think most fits the definition of the Millennium Falcon in Elite? At the moment I think it's the Python because it needs some serious engineering to get decent speed and jump range.

None. They don't have smuggling compartments to hide in, nor are they made to push a space barge. You might find more luck with play pretend fantasy playing of this game at the forum. This is more about money and rank here.

Spoilsport. I was interested to hear about mediocre ships that become decent via engineering. Anyway it's a shame there isn't a scan-proof smuggler's cargo hold available as a module though. As for money and rank, those have been beaten to death already. Money missions have been nerfed and rank missions will be nerfed in the upcoming patch.

little fat moneystealing gnome

>I was interested to hear about mediocre ships that become decent via engineering.
There aren't any. By the time you engineer a small ship, you just at a disadvantage to almost everything still. You just sunk 50 hours in a ship that you still can't do work in.
Python isn't a mediocre ship, it's the 7th most expensive ship in the game, only outdone by the largest ships in each category.
Do you even play ED, or do you just crawl the forums and make up headcannon about how cool it could be?

Will it be fun?

Attached: Cyclone.jpg (3840x2160, 3.79M)

If you enjoy driving around in a beautiful sculpted rng terrain, then yes. If you want to actually interact with other humans, no.

>implying the python isn't anything but trash

Attached: TheTruth.jpg (822x525, 72K)

I was actually trying to be charitable because he was either a troll or a lost dad that found his way here from one of the hugboxes.
I prefer not to warn people about the Python. That's the type of buyer's regret people should have to feel first hand.

The Python can do the most things in the medium class but doesn't specialize like the AspX or Fedbricks.

That being said I own a fully engineered to the max python and I would call it decent. I can fight pretty well with its excellent hardpoint spread and placement. I have around 1500 shields and about 1000 hull so it can hold its own pretty well. I would probably place it below the Viper Mk4 in terms of agility but only by a small margin.

I can't recommend the Python unless you really want that multipurpose medium since off the block a stock grade A is going to cost you 140 million and you'll have to engineer it for sure.

Python is just pretty comfy, I own two anacondas (one for multipurpose and another for exploration) but I'm finding the python to be pretty good for doing shit around the bubble where there aren't large sized docks.

>buyer's regret
But you can just sell it back for near-full price?

Yeah, you lose over 11m selling it back for 80%

I don't know why you would want to sell it though, its probably the best in class medium that isn't exploration or combat. Also it can hold the most cargo for a medium pad, while still having a decent shield. Of course the real hauling goes to the large ships but the Python doesn't get cucked on outposts.

well well well

what do we have here? A Pypleb? This is Anaconda territory, now shoo

>can't land on outposts
>can't land period without a docking computer due to shit cockpit
>said cockpit looks like the rusted interior of a junkyard 747
>worst of the big 3 at everything except exploring and a small ship does that better
I can't even imagine what kind of retard would buy a Conda when easy rep missions and better big ships exist like the Cutter and Corvette.

Attached: 1518938655601.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

anaconda truly is the pleb choice among the large ships

t. Virgin Python vs HMS Chad Anaconda class

>Python with its tiny guns
>limp FSD, barely can scrape double digits
>tiny hull that cracks under pressure
>weak shields that are outclassed by a fucking triangle
>hides in outposts because he's scared of Chad

>HMS CHAD WITH ITS HUGE GUNS. HIGHEST SUSTAINED DPS IN THE GAME
>LONG FSD, CAPABLE OF PENETRATING THE OUTERMOST REALMS OF THE GALAXY
>COLOSSAL HULL, CAN RAM ADVERSARIES TO DEATH NO PROBLEM
>GIRTHY SHIELDS THAT MANAGE EXCELLENT PROTECTION DESPITE COVERING CHAD'S BIG HULL
>DOESN'T CARE FOR BACKWATER REGIONS THAT CAN'T AFFORD A REAL SPACE STATION

You ought to self destruct with that piece of shit. I bet you're fucking Alliance, too.

>feel the need to write about self in all caps to seem better
Keep telling yourself anaconda isn't a bottom tier large ship

This general was gone all day.

Attached: Gentry Trotter's Perfect Hair.png (466x352, 116K)

People too busy ranking up in ED while SC are waiting for Avocados to finish (and leak) their stuff.

bump

>have over 200 tonnes cargo space available
>can't transport modules with them
why the fuck

>have imp eagle with g5 dirty drives on enhanced performance thrusters
>can barely break 530 on boost
>orca can hit 490 with undersized g5 clean drives on boost
>sell g5 enhanced thrusters and re-engineer a new set to g5 with the new engineering
>imp eagle can now hit 700 with a combat loadout on boost
>rank grind imperial rank and buy qt courier, put the enhanced thruster in it
>it can hit 640 with a combat load

Did I just get a shit g5 roll on the first pair of thrusters, dads?

Attached: IMG_20180310_211303.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

time to aim for lightweight everything else for even more sanics

Will there be more salt after 3.1 goes live?
Will the "performance patch" meet expectations?

Attached: W1J8W8V.jpg (1495x1475, 248K)

The 530 boost was after engineering everything on the eagle for lightweight. It was better but just completely redoing the thrusters was way better

I sold the original pair because I didn't want to have to fly them out to Palin in an eagle again

Wait it doesn't go higher than that? I am sure I have seen 900 boosted speed screenshots here before

I'm pretty sure my pre-beyond thrusters just had a godawful roll and I didn't have enough materials to redo them

Enhanced perf has a garbage mass curve and the courier is actually lighter than the ieagle by like 15 tons.
To hit maximum sanics with the ieagle you have to undersize and lightweight absolutely everything. Even shit that doesn't have a lightweight mod needs some other mod + stripped down secondary. In this way it's much easier than it used to be since you can just pick the mass reduction secondary instead of gambling for it.

Attached: traffic violation.png (571x66, 20K)

As someone who played the premium beta and remembers the devs' reasons for nerfing the Viper's top speed down from 500m/s (they claimed the game engine couldn't handle it and that it was too fast for players to reasonably fly), the new wave of 900m/s ships amuses me.

using gravity you can reach over 2k speeds too

are the e:d servers down? I cannot connect :(

Not been following too much after the disappointment of 3.0 (not been able to land on a planet yet since out of the three times I tried, I crashed or got disconnected from the server each time), but the newsletter says 3.1 is on the PTU? What does it add/fix specifically?

They've made a bunch of performance fixes, but until it's live we have no way of seeing the difference.
They moved bind culling to 3.2 so I expect a massive amount of anger, salt and rage when it's inevitably moved back again to 3.3.
My guess is that at the end of the year 3.4 will be what people hoped 3.0 would be up until it launched.
Personally I'm salty that they delayed 3.0 a year without still adding any gameplay (mining,ect) so I will be salty if those aren't incredible when added.

Attached: roadmap.png (827x844, 320K)

Working for me.
In fact I just found some fag in open at Dav's Hope and destroyed his Python.

well shit. i can connect but when i try to start game either open or solo i just get my dbx spin for 3 mins or so then get a failed connection message

Their network programmer even said that bind culling won't take full effect without object container streaming

Still better than the Python.

What the fuck is a dad?

It will be a big nothingburger of a patch and CIG will probably give up on quarterly releases when they finally figure out that all people have given a shit about this whole time is whether the game plays smoothly or not. They can add 500 more ships and no one is actually going to give a fuck while it's still a 20fps shitshow.

A joyless fuck that thinks space games are a second job that needs to be taken seriously. Soyboy beta faggots that want to ruin other people's fun because their headcannon is devalued everytime someone gets ahead of them in the game with less effort and a smarter use of their time than they did. Dad's are the reason for every ED nerf and the faggots that report money making as an exploit. They take these games seriously with no fun allowed so they can pass it off as not playing a game, but having an experience.

Speaking of Dav's those triangular material canisters really fucking launch you if you don't have them targeted when you run them over. I'm tempted to try to achieve orbit using one of those as a launchpad.

Lol this game doesn't have much depth. Why do they get mad if people don't want to slack truck for hours just to fly a fun ship?

You answered your own question. There isn't any depth, so they have this idea that it should take hundreds and thousands of hours to get top end ships and engineer them. If it doesn't take months to get rank you are cheating at an open sandbox game.

What's this game's obsession with all sorts of little extraneous bits and pieces that'll just get broken off?

Ew player of 3 days here. Traded my way to 30 mil then went on a 12,000ly exploration jaunt in my Asp. I wanna try out resonating cascade torpedos, and to unlock that engi I need 50 combat bonds. I've been visiting low intensity sites in my Asp and doing alright but is there some trick I don't know about? Would I be better off just buying an eagle?

What is it you want to do in game exactly? Asp Explorer is a good long range exploration ship and reasonably decent for a starter pve combat ship though not really a dedicated fighter. You can make a fast little eagle extremely cheaply but you might get swamped in solo bounty hunting with it

Just feeling out what the game has to offer. I've been able to average 7 ships killed before I have to fly out of conflict zones, and I could probably get more if I stopped using fixed weapons. I really liked exploring but I haven't tried much combat yet. Trading and exploring are more of "sit and listen to a podcast" type activity tho. I just want to unlock some engineers right now. Guess I'll stick with the Asp.

why are so many ships named after snakes
even ones from different companies

Sneks best waifus.

Attached: 601ccaf4cc4c8d79f5886e60333fbc3c.png (500x635, 228K)

>relaxing cutter mining
>already have the painite and can now focus on getting some profit
>bro in imp fighter has my back
>blow up three nerds in their vipers and cobras who think they're hot shit
soundcloud.com/henshingarbo/wsg-2

Attached: 1472115357598.gif (480x270, 728K)

Attached: what are dads3.jpg (1552x258, 184K)

I am genuinely upset that surface POIs even exist. Every single one of them is a wasted spot on the map that could have held a metallic meteorite instead.

>ship computer can store virtually unlimited exploration scan data
>ship computer has standard flight assist, helping the captain steer the ship
>needs a big, additional WWII era computer to auto-dock
Seriously. Why isn't auto-dock in the functions list on the right panel and you can turn it on and off whenever you like.

Attached: Eniac.jpg (1340x1024, 609K)

Little do you know it's not actually a computer. Instead it's a specialized living cabin with a little dude inside with his own set of flight controls.

'cause 1984 faggot

Attached: deal-with-it.gif (320x240, 1.72M)

It makes even less sense whwn you realize the ship is capable of taking off, jumping to supercruise, jumping back out and landing all on its own when you're in a SRV. How the fuck is that any different than what is necessary for autodocking?

Normal backers will log in for an hour to experience the content, then leave for six months again
Cultists will continue to treat the patch as a miracle again
Goons will laugh again

What system is as good for free ranks as Mainani was for empire? I ground out King in a couple hours (from a middle rank). I'm at lieutenant and want to finish before they nerf it on Monday.

>free ranks
I mean Fed ranks

Sothis/Ceos or Dakondunii/Kamahu. I did mine in the later.

Thanks

What is the difference between these two?

CIG wants to exploit their ship destruction tech to it's fullest.

Sothis/Ceos is a bit out of the bubble, have multiple stations with only one or two fed factions.
Dakondunii/Kamahu both have one station and one planetary station each with 4 or 5 fed factions. I always flew from station to planet, jump, station to planet. Rinse and repeat. The outpost station also orbit the planet with the planetary station in both systems so you save some time, if you do the planetary missions. I almost never had to board hop with the amount of data missions there.

VISION
and keep you from realizing the gameplay is so shit a bot could replace you

Fuck Marco Qwent
>Dude travel 5000ly doing fuck all for something completely unrelated to exploration.

*Palin

'tech'

You mean a simple mesh hider + particle spawn. The only good thing the tech is for, is pointless amounts of network activity to waste bandwidth.

I was taking about hull pieces breaking apart and not hull deteriorating to reveal internal components.So i don't see how a mesh hider is relevant.

The hull pieces don't break apart. Geometry is hidden on the main mesh, and a particle is spawned with the mesh that 'broke' off.

Star Citizen is a scam.

Renegade Squadron uses lag switches.

Test Squadron uses bots to up their numbers.

Aces High breezy1 is a cross dresser.

Disco Lando has a criminal record for car jacking.

Ben Lesnick suffers from cjronic depression.

Derek Smart is a goon; yet they think what he says is true, but never heard of somethingawful.com; so the normies Reeeee.

Attached: 1520770213532.jpg (581x607, 168K)

Kraiklyn at CIG is an uneducated poor faggot that thinks SC is life.

Eric Green aka Proxus is also is a faggot on Evocati bully; but ever since he showed his face on camera on ATV; I pity him, lil angry man complex.

You don't understand,

CIG is finished, they only have $178,358,889 left in tax rebate and won't last 90 days top, their loan with Crytek force them to exclusively make Squadron 42 & Star Citizen in a 32bit game called Space Citizen and give them ownership of it for bug improvement, plus they'll pay huge fine because they gave VOIP full access to Lumberyard deepest machine code.

It's all smoke and mirror!
They used volumetric smoke to hide the blatant nebula skybox in the S42 vertical cut!
And the procedural city is just mirrored building to make you think there's more than ten thousand of them.

The Homestead demo was just GO PRO footage with Augmented Reality ship and worms added. They prerendered everything, the sight from space, the looping terrain loading screen while they load the spherical 7x7 Mm ground-map, the prerendered sun, planet and space station orbiting on the skybox is obvious.
You can see how railroaded and small it really is when the Constellation try to move out of the flight corridor and fake turbulence force it back to the landing pad. Without it you would notice the 2D mountains sprite.

The 3.0 full release don't even have gameplay, ship physics, walking on ground, moving box, 3D planets, every games can do that! It's not even seamless, they transfer you from server to server without you noticing!

Wake up sheep! You can trust me I have a leak in Concierge's private Evocati VIP group.

Anyone want to fuck their own ship in elite?

>kids should learn to have patience and work for what they earn
That's true though.

Prove anything I said was false. You cant.

There's a few elements that shouldn't be modules, both for the disproportionately negative effect on your flexibility in outfitting, and for some MUH IMMERSION bullshit as well.
Hull and module reinforcements should only add mass penalties, and maybe some mild thermal penalties on the module side of things to reflect the downsides of bulking up the durability. It doesn't make a ton of sense why filling a small cuboid of space where you could have put a room or piece of internal equipment with struts can provide a general improvement to your hull's resilience. I guess you could imply the module reinforcement is putting in a dummy unit to confuse targeting, but that should really be a thing in itself. Rather than the current blunt D and E ratings, choose how much reinforcement to add, and mix between ceramic layers (high absorption, but brittle so low resilience) and composite layers (lower absorption, but not shattered by direct hits) so the players can balance their reinforcement effects to taste. It only matters against kinetic penetrators, lasers and blast effects shouldn't really touch the interiors. Thermal and corrosive resistant layers for tooling up exterior modules could add more to the system.

Docking computer and the weird "special compartment" for the planetary landing suite should be rolled into upgrades for the main computer bay where your avionics live. The docking computer is for plebs who can't fly straight. If they want to do even less in game that's their lookout, but don't make the retards lose a module over it. Also let me play Blue Danube when I have docking clearance even without the module. Discovery scanner being a module is okay since it's meant to be a massive piece of kit to be able to scan a large volume. Surface scanner I'm of two minds, might be better as a heavier, more expensive parallel range of the main sensor suites whose power draw spikes when you scan a planet. Leave it as a sub-component in power management.

Sure, but only if the following apply too:
>developer should learn to make challenging gameplay, not grindy skinnerbox
If I had a kid I wouldn't teach him to do repetitive task for pointless reason, I would teach him to be lazy and do better with less work in a smarter way.

They could easily stick a paragraph of lore in there that there's a regulation requiring a more sophisticated autopilot to dock with an actual station or outpost where people live, traffic exists, and someone has to fix the dents you make, but nobody gives a shit about you using the basic autopilot to land in the middle of nowhere on a rock. Then they get to flesh out that transit charter mentioned as the reason we all have COVAS.

Most dads have immature, child like mentalities so getting parented like that makes sense for them. Degenerate fucking retards that get life lessons from a video game deserve the life they create for themselves as a result.

It's a game not a fucking child.

>Palladium, Osmium, Painite
>high

Attached: predator devouring its prey.jpg (420x317, 38K)

>tfw find a refinery system with a prismatic ring really close to a station
>everything I mine is in high demand
now comfy mining with good music and making money doing it is something I can get behind. sure it isn't 400mil cr/h but I am at a point where I don't really need money anyway

>why cant I carry a 320t primatic shield generator in a 128 ton cargo capacity slot

You should be able to carry smaller modules and weapons if they fit inside one cargo bay though

So I assume no one has any fast credit making info? Im currently doing Sothis/Ceos for federal rank, and the credits aren't that great.

Fdev disabled the last few credit metas. For now it never hurts to get yourself to at least rank C in every weeks CGs for the payout.

This weeks is shit
>no res sites
>outpost

The main issue is that module slots are simultaneously an abstraction of how much you can fit inside your ship and designated slots for pre-fab components to fit in.

>The docking computer is for plebs who can't fly straight
Fuck off mate, people use docking computers because after the first few hundred hours regular docking just becomes tedious, I'd rather pay more attention to whats on my first monitor than have to spend a minute docking my big cargo shop every trip.

Normally though, its just we've had a few weeks of shit.

Especially colonia

Only one of last weeks was actually in Colonia, they just didn't make it clear so barely anyone bothered doing it.

That's what i meant i'm not travelling for hours just to do some CG then have to comeback.

Yeah but only one of them was actually outside of the bubble. The other was a few ly from Sol.

Are the performance enhanced thrusters better if you can use them? I'm looking at Coriolis build for a viper 3 using them but I'm getting the same speeds if I use the regular 3A ones on there. I just want to go really fast and be able to shoot things as well.