The one true religion of the world is mysticism(made popular by Hindus)...

The one true religion of the world is mysticism(made popular by Hindus). Christianity at its core is a mystical religion. Jesus Christ was an ordinary man who was the first ever to achieve a state of permanent union with the divine, making his will completely at one with the will of God. Jesus Christ died to atone for the sins of mankind AND the divine. To be a complete sacrifice he had to stay dead without aid of God.

The purpose of mankind on earth right now is to become the second Christ (famously refered to as the Holy Ghost or Spirit of Truth). The Spirit of Truth's purpose is to resurrect Jesus Christ from the dead ("You will do greater works than me" "When you lift up the Son of Man, I will draw the earth to my self.")

All that matters now is finding a pathway to the Divine.

The understanding of the Second Christ finally produces an understanding of eternal damnation.

If the Second Christ is to fail, then irreparable harm is done to God's will. An eternal sin, which we know that justice dictates would result in eternal condemnation.

So there is an eternal hellfire
But only if the Second Christ fails, otherwise there will just be normal hellfire equal to the amount of time spent sinning.

And we will do this how?

super deep brah got anymor acid

The Commandments.
The commandments followed properly are actually a method for mysticism.
By following the commandments on becomes pure in heart. "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God."

"You shall love the Lord with all your heart/mind/strength."
This really means love God as much and as hard as you can to achieve mystical union. That means trying to contemplate the Love of God 24/7 with maximum effort while you do your daily tasks.

"Love your neighbor as your self"
A simple moral ideal that makes one sinless in their relationship with other humans. It also means giving away all your wealth to charity(my personal pitfall), and doing good service that supports your fellow man (making clothes, giving food, etc)

If you follow these simple steps you will find God.

And if I would rather reject God and resign myself to eternal damnation, because on an infinite timeline it's as meaningless as paradise, but just less effort?

If it wasn't eternal, which it probably won't be, then yes in the end it's all the same.

If it won't be, then what comes after? Nothing? Because if so, it's still meaningless.

After hell you would be allowed into heaven.

... Then why not live a hedonistic existence on Earth, if the penalty suffered will be minuscule compared to eternity in Heaven?

hinduism is bullshit hippy

You could be the next Son of God!
But in heaven you get to see God anytime you want just by asking.
I guess you have a point.

Hinduism has been diluted from its mystical past.

There aren't 400 million gods obviously, but there is a Godhead(Brahman).

>Jesus
>first ever to achieve a state of permanent union with the divine
>Born c.4 BC

>Gautama Buddha
>Born c.563 BC

Guatama buddha never found God....
Perhaps future buddhists discovered God and called it the Dharmakaya... some of the experiences they describe certainly are reminiscent of the Godhead.

If mysticism is the one true religion, why was it the only school of magic that Bethesda removed in Skyrim?

you might like

>denying Christ
Into hell you go!

Get /out/

Where did I deny Christ is the Son of God?
You deny the Holy Spirit, the inner divinity in mankind! Which is blasphemy, the unforgivable sin!

Time to lay off the psychedelics m8

They have opened my mind. ;-}

take your meds son

I reason that there is strong reasoning to believe in a place of eternal torment, although it is unlikely.

It seems like that would do a great deal of good for chrisianity as eternal damnation turns a lot of people away from the religion.

When I disappear, do you fear for the sister I took? When I disappear, it is clear I am up to no good.

We need a thought revolution.
Tons of people already believe that the second coming of christ is the return of christ consciousness.
It has begun.