/xgg/ - Xenogames General #124

USE SPOILER TAGS (Press Ctl+S to make them.)
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Multimedia Links
pastebin.com/2gUL5sWK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1480752988518.png (751x340, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/skyedevabennett/status/972488991273553921
youtube.com/watch?v=OoXDB7EpxI0
youtube.com/watch?v=SoyoTGvMeME
youtube.com/watch?v=JVWcBdEILSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ah shit I was going to make one
Fix that typo in the OP next time

I can't tell if parts of the game are overwritten or underwritten.

of course they're over written how else would you save, there is only one save slot per profile

Attached: 67670128_p6.jpg (931x1000, 771K)

FUCK OFF CARLOS

Does the AI know how to cancel auto attacks or is it only the one you’re playing as that can do it

hnnnng

I WANNA SNIFF FINCH'S CROTCH

I hate everything.
Fuck
Now I'm just feeling like finishing the game because I have to.
>tfw paid almost $400 to play this

Attached: >.jpg (461x837, 120K)

Xenofags actually think that Rex is a guaranteed spot, it's funny how much denial you guys are in.

Doesn't the fact that Nia's favorite pouch items all change when she changes form suggest that her psyche is actually fractured between her two selves

Attached: 1516154751859.png (500x500, 228K)

Go die thank you

Not going to Smash will make up a lot of discussion until release, unless they cut shulk.

What did you not like about the game? Everyday I'm tempted to sell it, myself.

Rex has no chance, because it's obviously pic-related's time. Sakurai's going to include a character from every noteworthy Wii U title (so basically just Inklings, Elma and a W101 character).

Attached: 1456002150216.jpg (1584x1080, 884K)

I hate that Nia was cucked so hard, that's the second time my favorite character has been cucked in a Xeno game. Never again you here me.

Just beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and really enjoyed the story.

Should I go back and play Chronicles 1 since I've never played it before or continue on with new game+?

No I'm just tired.
I don't really play games anymore, don't feel like spending effort and shit.

>he hasn't done NG+

You guys are too old for JRPG's to be honest. 99% of hardcore gamers who become wageslaves develop ADHD and only have patience for menial shit with instant gratification like CoD or moble shit. I've seen it so many times.

Nah I'm 19 and still in uni.

Point still stands. You most likely don't have the time to devote to a JRPG of this magnitude since you're so focused on your school life. I'm guessing you're rushing through the game and skipping sidequests too, no? Trust me, I know it all too well. You're devolving into a normalfag and you know it.

Attached: 0f1366aafceb4927cdfb84a5550483aa3cf6687a_00.jpg (450x318, 19K)

The AI will cancel autoattacks but only the third one. It also will not chain cancel driver arts.

more like different body, different tongue. fish fingers and custard

I haven't been to uni for 5 weeks now. I have loads of time.
I do all the quests I can. I'm at 94hr and still at ch5.
I guess dragging it on for too long takes it away from me.

Doing too much side shit can take it away from you for sure. Just do the main storyline then and continue that stuff in NG+. The last few chapters are definitely worth it. Mindblowing stuff.

It's because I love JRPGs so much that I want to sell this game. On one hand, I had a good time, but every time I think about it, the bad parts were really bad and the good ones were just... good, ok (with only a few moments of brilliance).

I don't know what"s up with XB2 fans, but there is a bunch of you who just loves to throw assumptions at anyone who doesn't fellate your game.
Also "instant gratification": as if gutter trash waifus like Pyra and Mythra and self insert idiots like Rex aren't all about YOUR instant gratification. It just shows by how the devs wanted to change their bittersweet ending to that harem crap, and how badly you people shat your pants when the month old datamine got shown around and you discovered Pyra and Mythra lost their memories in a previous build. If you really enjoyed your game and it wasn't all about the gratification of your dick, you would have accepted it, but no, a whole thread was spent shit flinging about the destiny of your shitty, player stroking, empty waifus. And that's without counting the threads spent shit flinging about the triforce of shitty waifus and harem garbage.

I already knew everything. Watched a stream at release

Whatever lad.
If you don't like it, throw it out the window like that guy did and fuck off. Go make a thread on v and cry afterwards.

>the absolute state of tired gamers

Felt sad reading this honestly.

How are you expecting people to respond to you spewing literary vitriol and garbage like this? I can only assume you want people to throw it right back so that you can use it as self-validation.

Attached: DXSbLb6VoAEbGgX.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

I don't get wich items to equip and wich blades are good. I just take HP items for tanks and strength items for dps. Did you guys watch tutorials or figure it out yourself? I feel like I'm doing it very wrong atm

Attached: 1505299865169.jpg (724x897, 116K)

CAN ZEKE
STOP
FUCKING
DYING
HOLY SHIT HE'S SO BAD

>Enjoy my first playthrough
>Take my time in everything
>Hear about NG+ and how neat it is
>Sudden urge to rush the game

Attached: 1371558037893.jpg (144x216, 17K)

>not rushing through first playthrough on easy then doing a 100% hard playthrough on ng+

What does that have to do with how cute she finds the tails on ardanian bear carvings?

alright you have a point.
okay howbout this, driver items she likes holding in a pouch and sharing with byakko, blade items she likes rex sharing with her and pulling out of his pouches without asking his permission

zeke is the best character in the game by the time you get to ng+

Does Rex suck at Sneak Thief King?

That's some of the cutest headcanon I've ever heard

" 'ere, 'ave a cream orange paratha.. hey, I'm all out. Where'd they go?" *clearly mouth-full Nia murmurs something welsh that sounds like Iunno* *Rex gets in really close to her face. she blushes* "Ah knew it, ye've got cream orange on yer breath"

Then he grabbed her by the hips and fucked the parathas out of her

Someone post the pic of Rex feeding Nia fish

Seconding this, sounds cute.

Why do Poppi QT's boobs jiggle? I thought she's out of solid metal

obviously she has gel mouse pads installed

For anybody that cares, Pyra and Mythra's VA might be streaming XC2 sometime soon.
twitter.com/skyedevabennett/status/972488991273553921

Attached: Skye Bennett.jpg (800x1000, 114K)

I can already see the people asking for pyra to insult them or to say weird shit

holy shit she's as hot as her voice
just tell me she's married so I can stop wanting her so badly.

Probably not. She's only 22. Younger than me. Damn.

>the english VAs

Attached: 1517792195416.jpg (249x243, 6K)

I actually thought she did a decent job so this would be pretty neat.

kys

Attached: 1483466087856.png (1200x900, 823K)

nyoh my god..

>Avoid most sidequests because I had a bad experience with them so far (pretty much fetch quests only)
>Hang around in Mor Ardain
>Accept the quest from that Driver you see in Gormott when you arrive there
>mfw
Looks like this game has some very good sidequests after all. A shame some people will probably never discover them because they're scared off by the shitty fetchquests.

Attached: 1520549447009.jpg (346x346, 18K)

can you get more specific?
also, there were almost no fetch quests in this game

>there were almost no fetch quests in this game
user, that simply isn't true.
>can you get more specific?
The quest where you meet that driver who resonated with a core crystal in the beginning of the game. He became a soldier of the empire. Then some senator gets killed and I guess from this point you know what quest I'm talking about, if you completed it yourself.

>Playing the first Xenoblade.
>All these FUCKING sidequests.
>Completionist autist that won't progress the plot until I've done every quest I can.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>having to go through every single town at different times of the day after every major plot event just to make sure you don't miss a time-limited quest
what a nightmare

>Also a fucking sperg about affinity chart stuff.
>Have to talk to EVERYONE at morning, day and night after each plot event.

this seems interesting. someone should make a pyra/mythra facerig and send it to her. I'm not even joking, I think that would be pretty entertaining.

Was this before or after the guide on the wiki?

Are there other VAs that stream their own games, preferably English?

maybe it's just that there were so few even by xeno standards which is already low by RPG standards, but I don't reclal any fetch quests
also I remember that quest now but you couldn't do that for a LONG time, because it's mostly in mor ardain, right?

I know some of the guys on Nier Automata and Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia did it.

For me, it was before.
I did this too. I kind of missed the affinity chart in 2, the ease of use improvements would've made it actually fun to use.

I had a fantastic spoiler-free guide that helped
is that a thing now? man I remember when oshtoby had a homestar one he operated manually
most actors don't have lives outside of acting or at least they arent into anything fun

I've seen a few automatic rigs but they tend to fuck up around the eyes.

LIVE, DAMN YOU

>Doing the UMs in Sprit Cruicible Elyps

So there is a way to circumvent the limitations right? I'm level 55 so around 5 levels above the UMs and I'm getting my ass blasted.

either use tora or just wait til you're way overleveled like I did

Either use Tora or come back way, way later

Should I control Tora? I've been using him on AI and that's probably a mistake at this point.

eh. at this point in the game he can't do a lot of what you'd want him to, and the ai is good

Not sure, but I do find it odd her personality seems to change slightly when she’s a Blade. Nia is a bit odd since her other form can’t do anything Blade related. Maybe “her life is tied to yours” is kind of literal. Maybe she picked up characteristics of her sister.

Attached: 7D9ECDF0-C0DB-4B3D-BD86-00042D75C20E.png (643x718, 390K)

well she can probably do a little

youtube.com/watch?v=OoXDB7EpxI0
Is there any other notable out of bounds glitch?

Please help, I need premium cylinders for the salvage king sidequest and I'm starting to give up hope. I've slept in inns at least 100 times and they just will not appear. I've tried both long rests and short rests. I've tried doing it on different titans. And yes, I have max salvager rank and every dev level maxed. Is there something I'm missing? It could just be bad luck but this is ridiculous.

do you have the DLC? The MIA Nopon quest opens a premium cylinder crafting shop

No, I don't.

I'm guessing you used up the free ones you got from raising your salvager rank?
If you did, I think the only way to get more is just to keep doing what you're doing until you get lucky, or get the DLC. Sorry, user.

It's pretty sad that Gormott, Uraya, and Mor Ardain were the most intricate areas in the game and everything is downhill from there. How would you make later areas as fun to explore?

Probably move the early story events in Uraya to Gormott and have Uraya happen after Indol. Move the early Nia arc to after that so you have a reason to come back to Gormott, the largest area in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=SoyoTGvMeME

Is /xgg/ dead until the story DLC?

yes, don't bump

I would still like to talk about hot girl characters

It was specifically the VA for 9S, with some guests who also starred in the game every once in a while.
I watched a little bit of it, he seems like a cool guy, and his commentary shed some light on just how little he knew about the narrative even though he played a major character.

oh hey she seems pretty cut-

>major feminist

dropped

>Chapter 4 of Xeno 2
>Still not a single Rare blade, not counting Wulfric and Roc

Maybe I should just restart the adventure to reset the desire sensor, I have no good blades against Lila, those generic robots sucks ass.
Now I understand the hate towards the gasha system.

Attached: 1450149023109.png (171x197, 42K)

dammit there had to be a catch

not a single one?
you know about the pity system right?

>pity system
Just read about it now that you mentioned it.
I guess it didn't work because I blazed through 17 Common Crystals and 4 Rare ones and each was wasted and that was just today, not to mention all the ones I broke in the last month.

maybe your luck's really low...

Anytime you open a Core that gets you a Rare Blade, the counter resets. I think that opening up Roc's and Wulfric's Cores had the same reaction, even though they're forced summons, which set back the pity Blades.

Maybe my reading comprehension is ass at this moment but I don't understand that.
I found a gamefaqs post explaining which said the same thing, the counter resets at each successful Rare Blade. If it resets, why does it take more points for the next one? It contradicts the things that was just said with each blade being accumulative.

No worries, I wasn't all that clear. When I say that the counter resets, all I mean is that any "points" you've gained towards getting a pity Blade are put back to 0 when you open up Roc or Wulfric's core. I'm not saying that you now have to reach a higher point value for your pity Blade; that only happens when you actually acquire a pity Blade.
I'm only saying that by opening up those forced summon Cores, you now have to start from scratch in order to build points for the first pity Blade.

Of course, this is just a theory. I have no idea why you don't have a Rare Blade yet. Opening up 4 rare crystals plus one more should have gotten you one.

eh she's pretty tame comparitively

Miiks just put out another one of his Xeno videos: youtube.com/watch?v=JVWcBdEILSA
I really like the information this guy pulls together but holy shit reading the video crap for 50 minutes gets old fast.

phew. i can fix her then