freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

anime allowed but not welcome

Attached: 1449800038856.png (1024x768, 692K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/_pdf/Pitfalls_of_Object_Oriented_Programming_GCAP_09.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AGDG instead of /agdg/ in title
retard

health regen is shit
SHIT

How do I use OpenGL with jai?

Also RNG

Attached: RNG.png (386x242, 3K)

added nighttime and doing some UI updates
I need an information panel on the bottom left, something to show info on items (weapon values, watering can fullness, food flavors,etc)
does a magnifying glass read as "info" here? unsure about this design and looking for alternative ideas
I want to avoid something too fat and opaque like the inventory bag since some items won't have a lot of information to show, the background would end up being dead space blocking the player's view when holding items like that

Attached: Untitled.png (993x562, 297K)

>If you don't have the time to playtest, then why would you even make a subpar game in the first place?

It's been decades since barebones maze runner that you could belt out in under a year with five people were acceptable. Healthpacks were something that could be done when building an fps map meant throwing together a maze out of a few brushes and then dropping monster closets into it. Nobody wants to play that sort of thing anymore and the alternative is too expensive and time consuming to be fucking around with health pickups.

What have you done today to make your game more fun?

Attached: 1519900948629.jpg (380x352, 31K)

You take down

Attached: progress_dog.webm (720x404, 1.19M)

Improved nose

When will you stop pretending to be retarded?

Attached: 6548681655.png (448x468, 194K)

Health regen in the typical EA sense, yea sure. But what if... Half Life 2 Regen but as an MMO?!

>Get btfo
>wel ur retatd

Another day, another shitpost, eh?

Menus
Those are fun right

What's your opinion on Daz?

Sluggishly added details to a 3D model

gitlab or bitbucket

Concretely nothing, too much of the fun is tied to animations and I need to finish a good 3D model first.
Technically two since I need an enemy AND the MC.

>too much of the fun is tied to animations
what's the point of a game if you have to rely on juice to make it fun?

So never? Okay. Go working on your non-existent corridor FPS with regenerating health, I won't be waiting for it.

Attached: 687641654.jpg (500x308, 46K)

it depends on the genre
autism simulators can get away with looking like excel sheets, genres that usually rely on flashiness and satisfying combat/movement like action games or platformers need juice

>what's the point of a game if you have to rely on game mechanics to make it fun?

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Game mechanics are related to how the player interacts with the game
juice is a separate layer independent to mechanics

Animations in melee combat isn't juice, it's the essence of it. Without them, there's no telegraphing, there's no motion, and there's no feeling whether the attack is powerful or not.
Look at the lastest Mortal Kombats, it's the exact representation of what happens when your animations are not good in melee combat.

Fun is a meaningless buzzword used by bad games.

>Think of an absolutely brilliant gameplay mechanic months and months ago
>Eventually drop it because I figure that keeping track of 16 cards at the same time is too much for normies
>Months pass
>Depression and nodevness
>Idly think about the mechanic again
>Suddenly don't give a fuck about how complex people might feel it is because fuck them it's cool
>Forge ahead
Is this commercial suicide?

indie game dev is commercial suicide

stop thinking about your hobby as a means to strike it rich and as just that, something to keep you busy, pass the time, and challenge you intellectually

Not making it would be even more

Commercial suicide is trying to appease retardumbs that won't even play your game to begin with instead of doing a niche but solid game.

It was commercial suicide as soon as you mentioned cards.

This.

I added menus.
Just some text on a black background.

What sort of game is it?

Who said anything about making an FPS? Nobody can make a decent quality traditional FPS by themselves in this day and age; even small team indies can't do it. The only way with FPS now is to not compete with AAA at all and do something that requires little to no graphical fidelity or level design, like super hot or devil daggers. Otherwise nobody gives a fuck, as plenty of indies and AAs have discovered, the hard way.

it is a video game

>Think of an absolutely brilliant gameplay mechanic
>I make nothing because NoDev, NoSkill and NoConfidence
>Months pass
>A3 publisher announces [GAME] with mechanic exactly like what i thought of months and months ago

Attached: file.png (800x430, 568K)

Dusk and Ion Maiden are sending their regards to you, retard.

Attached: 06568768168.png (612x563, 123K)

hey you lil bitches what's up. ive been up for 24 hours show me your game progress i wanna see it.
i fucking love you dudes

this is looking good my man, i think the magnifying glass is pretty big but looks alright. will it be there all the time though?

gitlab

Health bar split into multiple sections and the health only regens within that section of health is top tier health bar.

bitbucket

Right, so some nostalgia bait titles with >20k sales despite heavy shilling on /v/ is your idea of 'decent quality' and 'games people care about'? I think we're just about done here.

I haven't been. I've decided I'm an artist today.

>user in action
Why don't you just stop embarrassing yourself?

Attached: 321654845.png (755x627, 41K)

New to 3D, never textures a human before. How would I go about doing this in baby mode?

first get a human

substance painter

>get btfo again
>straight back to the lame one liners
Maybe you could make an old school fps with med packs and show me how many people are still interested in that sort of game.

the key issue is how to unwrap it in Blender. First of all color it in Blender in Texture paint mode to see where everything is going

health regen works well with some designs and not with others.

Dark Souls but you take Jerusalem

>blender

is impossible for a single guy to make a game people will give a fuck.

Attached: 1520380041734.png (650x773, 47K)

That's precisely what I'm working on. But are you an AI dedicated to shitposting, or something? Serious question, obviously

Attached: 3468465464.jpg (599x475, 41K)

Let's see it.

Sure thing, son, right here!

Attached: giphy.gif (340x205, 1.66M)

it's not impossible.

Pong was made by one guy

So are you actually working on anything or did you just say that because you thought it sounded good?

Attached: 2018-03-12_09-29-30_UPLOAD.webm (1240x576, 2.05M)

Depends on what you mean by single guy, even the 1MAest games have outsourced audio and stuff even though it's just one dev.
It's possible to make a good game while doing literally everything yourself but you will need a lot of experience and you will need to temper your expectations and design the game around your weaknesses with minimalist graphics or audio for example.

It used to be possible. But these days you need something really extraordinary.

I'll do it. You'll see.

Looks snappy. When I played it forever ago it wasn't quite like that.

Not quite sure what you're trying to show off in the webm, though.

Congrats on your dopamine hit without actually doing anything! See you next year.

You'll see

must read

harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/_pdf/Pitfalls_of_Object_Oriented_Programming_GCAP_09.pdf

pls rate.

Attached: pacifica.png (320x704, 191K)

it's okay (artist here).

It's decent but you've got a long way to go

Get Your Shit Together Christian/10

but really
>flipping just a half to make lazy symmetry
>she must be dead or anorexic because that waist is too thin for normal humans
>are those whiskers on her face?
>arm too piddly and disproportionate, gb2 loomis
Can't really say it's good, but other than the glaring faults I mentioned above, it's good.

No no no no no no don't tell me you've been at this 6 years and your art still fucking looks like this.

art skills 3/10
design 4/10

It's a start.

It's cute, but really spindly.

yes?

is not a illustration, but just a reference for the 3D model.

>enginedevs

The first example and I'm already seeing shitty code strawmanned as OOP code.
Slide 26 GetWorldBoundingSphere(Matrix4 ParentTransform)
If this hypothetical codebase was following OOP principles, there wouldn't be an argument. The object would have a pointer to its' parent transform, and recursively add the GetTransform down the heirarchy until the world origin was reached.
With the argument, GetWorldBoundingSphere is a static math function that the author is trying to strawman as an object function.

New meme

What are you making this in?

Ok pretend I was shitting on you for the design instead of the art and I mean it just as much.

Reading through the rest of the slides, I see that that is literally the only example, thus proving the entire lecture is shit.

cool I've been looking for a chocolate kitty-tan for ages

get yourself together

Still tho
>she must be dead or anorexic because that waist is too thin for normal humans
>are those whiskers on her face?
>arm too piddly and disproportionate, gb2 loomis
3D or not, those points are offenses against good proportions, and will likely get your game laughed at, and not even in the good way. Fix 'em!

Obviously mirrored/10. Don't do that

you are an idiot and deserve all hardship you ever experience

In Godot, how do you check if an entity is visible via a camera? I don't think there's a function for that.

Worked on the first level theme. There's only like 10 seconds of it so far

Raycast for every pixel on the screen, if it fails to hit the desired object, it object is not visible

Attached: 1459545445618.jpg (862x1000, 148K)

Remember to bank inputs and give grace periods so that the player can jump for a fraction of a second after they fall off the edge

Will do that thanks

Attached: 73982DFDB42146C2B49F8A684FB5D57D.jpg (730x800, 60K)

Mirroring is okay it saves a lot of time. It's good to edit without mirrorring to add asymetrical detail to break the symmetry on the view angles where you see both halves of the model at the same time.

VisibilityNotifier node.

Red white and blue is too American. Why don't you give her the colors of the Mexican flag?

Is there ideal settings or something I should be shooting for with an occlusion bake? I'm getting the odd feeling like this might be a bit might.

Attached: file.png (784x909, 741K)

Make sure you pick up this book.

Attached: it's basically loomis.jpg (260x334, 32K)

Do you want her to turn out like this? Then use those proportions.

Attached: 2467890-screen+shot+2013-04-10+at+1.17.00+pm.png (1866x1392, 2.62M)

Well I'm retarded thanks.