/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Certainly not BadASS edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

>QuakeNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), certainly there will be same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask as usual to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>DUSKNews
There will be another DUSKWorld 1v1 Tournament at 28th April. Both EU and NA will have seperate tourneys. How to sign up and rest of details are on NewBlood's Discord channel under #dusk-events tab.
Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

>QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Stench of cheeki breeki

Attached: DUSK_DUDE.png (750x1075, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/83whr1/for_the_love_of_god_get_these_servers_fixed/
pcgamer.com/whats-next-for-quake-champions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUSK opening image? Give me a fucking break

You asked for it - you got it

Attached: KEK.png (762x762, 257K)

I didn't ask for shit. Not this gay Dusk shilling
People LITERALLY care less about Dusk than any other AFPS. Even the old ones from the 90s
It's a game that's about to release in 2018 and whose first tournament was not even streamed. QC and QL are PUBG-tier popularity in comparison
Literally the only people who care about it as an "AFPS" are in the New Blood Discord
There's an ongoing major QL tournament going and not only did you not make the opening image about it, you didn't even include it in the description you shameless IMBECILE. But the fucking nothing Dusk tournament you did

You sound upset.

Attached: 59b.png (590x380, 172K)

You have could make a thread or at least talk about QL tourney - not that someone forbids you You have could make a thread or at least talk about QL tourney - not that someone forbids you either things.
Also I'm slightly out of touch when comes to QL so this is first time I've heard of QL tourney but it happens someone mentioned DUSKWorld tournament in previous thread.

Attached: 1511183565957.jpg (351x314, 16K)

QC is a stillborn game with incompetent bargain-bin development, unfulfilled promises and dog shit tier tech. It will probably never be released. On the off chance that it is released, Bethesda will quickly abandon it, pretend it never existed, then pull the plug on the servers. This is the only viable outcome. Let's move on with our lives and forget that the last hope for arena FPS has fucked the genre for years to come or maybe even forever.

I'm still having fun and didn't pay a dime so I don't really care

You're making a general about AFPS. The largest Quake tourney since Dreamhack is happening and you somehow missed this - Maybe you have no business making a general for AFPS if you're this detached from the overall scene, then?
You even took the DUSK copypasta from the previous thread and snazzed it up to include the developer's Discord. This is in addition to the Dusk image - But you have no idea that we're having QL monsters coming out of retirement and playing bo5 Duels on the 125FPS cup right now?
This is like covering a car crash during 9/11, you're either a shill or you fucked up in an unbelievable way

GURKAN?????????

Attached: 1431784630299.jpg (500x475, 47K)

Don't start with the namefagging please

I'm just mad that it's in Unity. What I've played of episodes 1 and 2 are interesting, I'm vaguely interested in episode 3, and multiplayer with the weapons available would be something All I wanted was another game to autistically play and make maps for, but I ain't
>making a Unity account
>downloading a fuckhuge game engine with development software
>downloading some other fucking shit
>loading that into the game engine development software
Just to make maps. I'd rather hit my head against the wall using Hammer than use Unity, but I'll stick to dicking around in Trenchbroom instead because it's comfy, and most importantly, isn't fucking Unity.

Attached: 1461767713084.gif (900x750, 84K)

>NEW THREAD WHEN
>*someone makes thread*
>I DON'T LIKE IT, IT DOESN'T INCLUDE THINGS I LIKE
*Sighs* As I said, you have could make the thread and not wait for someone else to do it, if you want to complain like a little bitch. Also you're acting like this is Quake General only.
I'm out because I need to go sleep.

Attached: breaking_news.png (480x360, 188K)

>Also you're acting like this is Quake General only.
No, but to miss something this major is either high incompetence or wanting to shill Dusk at any cost

>but it happens someone mentioned DUSKWorld tournament in previous thread.
There are also many mentions of the QL tourney. Far more than mentions of this upcoming Dusk one, in fact

Reminder to mute all trannies

I wish Galena was my mommy.

actually made it to 750 posts? did the patch drop or is it a christmas miracle? seriously what has everyone been discussing?

1st proper post for the best girl

Attached: 1511926735073.png (1240x1754, 2.57M)

You're the out of touch soul if you think anyone still gives a single fuck about QL

Technically it's the most alive afps. Kinda like winning the special olympics, as the genre is ded as fuck, but it's the truth

Where is everyone? I'm in global chat in QC and no one is talking.

Also can't find a duel.

COME BROTHERS WE MUST FIGHT

I think something is fucked with the servers. Only 162 players on Steam, this is unusually low for this time of day
Game as service, not even once

Awww WTF man...

Sorry for Ribbit link, but apparently it's been a bit of a trend today
reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/83whr1/for_the_love_of_god_get_these_servers_fixed/

And I just crashed to desktop twice.

GG

QC has been unusually low for the past few days.

I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the PTS registrations and everyone is on the PTS that can be.
And we all know the patch is coming the 15th so people are taking a break until the patch comes.

Rapha keeps flipflopping on the PTS movement.
So let me tell you with my better and more informed opinion what needs to happen
>Movement needs a change
>PTS movement isn't the right kind of change

Within the devs' head it goes:
>Oh well, we tried faster movement and nobody wanted to play, let's try the slower way and see if it works
If QC keeps going on as the zombie it's always been, they may well revert it, at last convinced this is not the issue with the game's unpopularity

It's pretty simple.
Every character needs 320base speed, and a logarithmic increase on strafe jump acceleration.
Slash and CPMA characters need a super hard softcap to keep them slower so Q3 characters don't get shut down by it.
Galena needs Quakeworld/Quake1 movement to make her more unique.

Then each character can be adjusted on their strafejump/unique modifier to keep them balanced.
Super skilled players will be able to go stupid fast on all characters, making the speed of play a super skill based thing.

>Technically it's the most alive afps

and that "technically" includes the massive caveat that 80% of the playerbase at any given time is playing ca, to the point that it's much harder to get a game in QL in any non-ca mode than it is to get a QC match

It's more like 90% CA, and quite a few of those players are waiting for QC updates anyways.

Quake Live and Quake Champions have been fluxuating between each other since QC came into closed beta.

Abilities were a mistake

>dicking around in Trenchbroom
I respect that user

Literally everyone who is playing the PTS on instagib is saying abilities make it a lot more fun.
For what it is, it runs remarkably well.
Far better than most unreal tech games, and as good as other inhouse tech engines that roll out with comparable graphics.
Bethesda isn't going to just drop QC out of the blue, especially because Bethesda is not a company that likes to have failures under its reputation.

The ever lasting doom and gloom and "this game is a shit" before it's even been released is the killing blow here.
What did you think was gonna happen when everyone is being told "this game is shit" before they even get to see it?
Happy go lucky successful game?

The only thing that's killing quake champions is the fact that Arena FPS are irrelevant skill sinks, in a sea of Skilless casual fucktard infested shitter level cockpleaser games.

Overwatch is literally a skillgap compressed press Q to win simplified TF2 designed to make any random shitter feel good about a win they dont deserve.
PUBG is pure casual trash garbage and is barely if at all better than H1Z1. Fortnite is far better than most games out there, but it relies on roll the dice RNG horse shit.
Paladins is also loser press to Q to win trash.

The only real fault of quake champions is that it's an extremely skill based game in a world of handheld crybaby gamers who can't tolerate a KD ratio on their TAB button.

>The only real fault of quake champions is that it's an extremely skill based game in a world of handheld crybaby gamers who can't tolerate a KD ratio on their TAB button.
Must be why the next QC patch will remove death counts
Cucked as fuck, you can get a far better idea of player skill and performance with deaths. I guy who finished FFA qith 50/10 is far better to one that finished 50/40

>I guy who finished FFA qith 50/10 is far better to one that finished 50/40
the point of ffa is not to stay alive, it's to kill as many people as possible

tdm is different because your death negatively impacts the team but in ffa you should not be worrying about dying too much

Nigga, I need deaths and damage dealt, preferably visible inside the match a la the common server plugin for nQuake in Quakeworld
It's a great way to get an idea on player skill and performance. Just frags is highly deceptive and shows a guy at 20:20 (1 KDR, in all likelihood mediocre player) as equivalent to a guy who went 20:2

getting 20 kills and dying 20 times in the same time as someone else only dying twice is a lot harder

Not necessarily. And it denotes careless, suicidal play. Guy rushes in, kills, dies, repeat
If you go 20/2, even if it takes longer, it requires more finesse

This thread is as slow as /vr/.
Get it? Because the games they talk about are old and antiquated? Haha ;_;

TDM and FFA are removing deathcounts?

that's how it is on the PTS

Screen cap please?
I know instagib didn't have it, but TDM and FFA better have it.

While I don't mind that they remove it in DM (Note I don't like it I just don't mind) in TDM it's nice to know why you are 10 points behind. Maybe the lowest guy is playing save and going 5/4 but the guy above him is going 6/10 wouldn't that be some nice info to have?

I really want a screencap of this before I post this rage thread and ask for it back.
I was watching ash's vod and at the end it's showing deaths in 2v2 TDM at the results screen.

Why the fuck does no one playing the PTS ever press TAB while in a match.

WHY DOES EVERYONE CLICK THE RESPAWN BUTTON!? JUST PRESS THE FUCKING SPACEBAR.

DOAHH

Demeanor placid as a lake
Easily the best girl from Quake
Meeting Nyx has changed my life
And there's no doubt that she's my wife!

Has always been top tier in Duel
My heart's an engine; Nyx's the fuel
Nyx is cute, strong and a fun
No doubt beloved by everyone!

Of those that badmouth Phase Shift
I must ask: Do you even lift?
Her wall jump will make you shit bricks
Thusly it is with our queen, Nyx!

Attached: Nyx!.jpg (292x265, 27K)

Since when does nyxgirlpower post here?

there's nothing good about nyx. annoying voice with stupid fishlips barbie-doll like proportions and jellyfish hair, she acts like a cunt and plays like one too, press F and escape right off the edge into oblivion please. she deserves to be outright deleted from the game- it would quite literally make QC better

>Female Quake player
>Not a fucking poser
Choose one

her voice is okay but after finding out her and slash have the same VA it's hard to not hear one as just raising/lowering their voice to imitate the other
slosh is still way better though, even if husky female voices normally make my dick hard

>nyxposting
>slashposting
Fuck off queers, the only true waifu is Sorlag

sorlag has a big mouth to choke on slash's big dick

It's nice to see that other people are also into Vore! :3

Demeanor painful as a headache
Easily the worst girl in Quake
Meeting Nox has changed my life
And there's no doubt that she aint a wife

Has always been shit tier in Duel
My heart's an engine; Nox's the stool
Nox is long, wrong and a gross ton
No doubt beloved by everyone!

Of those that badmouth Safe Space
I must ask: Have you seen her poker face?
Her wall-face will make you shit bricks
Thusly it is with our queen, Nox!

Attached: nox.png (519x1056, 348K)

This gave me a chuckle

gave me the chuckles.

Attached: 1507165636285.png (434x725, 294K)

nice

Attached: nox2.png (1337x437, 259K)

don't tell anyone

Attached: depressed-man1_3265726b[2].jpg (620x387, 38K)

there any pros in here?
If yes are there any that's willing to teach some noob until they get diamond in duel

yes, no

Post elo

no, you would only find out who i am from the leaderboard

>yah im pro
>not helping btw ;))))
fuck off

"her" name is viktor

Patch notes when

>Removing deaths on the scoreboard to make people feel better about their shitty skill feelings.
Overfags please go, and stay go.

>tfw rose

Don't forget they also changed "you lose" to "Enemy team wins"

Who
the shit
cares

QC cucks clearly because the developers spend time changing that instead of actually trying to fix the game.

I don't give a shit but it just seems like people are massive pussies today, all breaking down and crying because the god forbid didn't win in a virtual game. Imagine, you are playing baseball and the enemy team has scored 2 points and you have 1. Than the coach walks up to you and says :"The enemy team has won" instead of "we've lost".

as long as i can always see damage done at the end of the game, i will never care

the day they get rid of total damage dealt i will uninstall

Quakeworld players only care about damage dealt when assessing performance
Because you can do 90% of the damage to someone and not get the kill
They use it to see how well you're doing in your RL/LG runs in TDM. If you're a damagelet they don't want you whoring pickups (which take long to spawn)

Yeah, I still don't care.
"Muh everyone today is pussies, back when I was young we had to rocketjump uphill both to and from quad"

It's not that. The problem is that people today are way too sensitive to hearing that they have lost.

As soon as I hear "people today" I tend to completely ignore whatever comes after.
People never really learn from history it seems. People complaining about "people today" have been around forever and now, like then, they are plain silly.

Well it's retarded anyway. It's not like they've lost anything other than a virtual game and to than start whining that the game told you you've lost is just retarded.

id are making one fucking retarded decision if they are going to remove the K/D ratio from the scoreboard. I want to accurately see how I'm doing, I wanna see my deaths. It's a very quick way to take a look if I'm going negative that I'm doing something wrong.

I wouldn't care much if they only removed it in DM(although I would still like to know how often I died).

Waited 5 minutes for a game and then get this shit

Attached: fuuuu.png (1600x900, 1.69M)

Attached: yes_this_is_god.png (478x36, 9K)

This is not the real guy right?

Attached: sync.png (1747x54, 23K)

Bump.

why did you block out your name, condmr?

he realized it looks like condom

why is it so much easier to hit rails in ql i have good aim in ql but with qc i have problems aiming at people right in fucking front of me i dont understand

Attached: r2g5edp4c8g01.png (1000x559, 496K)

cute aminu gril

It probably is. Tim wallets is even worse

March patch is removing speed cap? What else have I missed jfc

Revolver is not cocked, I can disarm her like a little baby.

Attached: remove8bit.png (480x480, 67K)

What if it's a double action revolver? Like 95%+ of revolvers?

Even then time and strength it takes to pull the trigger is quite high.
>around 0.2 sec for shooter reaction
>another 0.3 for pulling trigger of the uncocked revolver with full force.
I have plenty of time to do that.

>500ms to do a disarm
Hope you know what you're doing. That's roughly the time it takes to fully open then close your hand as fast as you can. It's Hollywood shit to react against a pointed gun if you can help it

>500ms
It all assuming the person holding revolver is prepared for such thing, is proficient shooter and the adrenaline is pumping. So, this is all very optimistic estimation when you look at the picture /k/ mode disabled.

Attached: spintowin.gif (398x219, 996K)

Game has more quake live level stacks, champs are more balanced. weapons are better tiered, better hitboxes, better hit reg, ect.

pcgamer.com/whats-next-for-quake-champions/

Attached: 1517652514075.jpg (480x480, 100K)

>Doing things like some spawn protection, some help system stuff, that’s there. But we are working on a—for lack of a better description, a new player experience. It’s still kind of early. We’re still kind of figuring out exactly what that is, so I don’t want to get into it too much.

Attached: 1477344780863.jpg (499x374, 45K)