How do you motherfuckers do it?

How do you motherfuckers do it?

>be 24, working 40 a week at a building supply company @ $14.50/hr + 1% commission (average $40k a month in sales)
>taking home about $2300 a month after taxes
>getting tired and extremely depressed with living in grandma's basement
>live in Chicago so mortgaging the average house is half as expensive as rent on a 1bed in the city
>$700+ month rent min with 4 roommates and 3 dogs
>find and go see a nice studio for $645 a month
>calculate finances and after all bills will have like $30 leftover per month
>if I want to keep paying the same amount I have been towards the little student debt I have I'll be in the red about $450 per month

What am I doing wrong? I've been out of school for about a year. The only clear fuck up I made here is that I have a car payment. I am trying to get some sales experience at current job; dream is to own my own business (as I'm sure most of us here want to do).

It wasn't always like this right?

what'd you go to school for

>dream is to own my own business (as I'm sure most of us here want to do)
fuck no, dream here is to become millionaire from trading shitcoins

Break down all your financial obligations for us:

Car
Phone
Rent?
Food budget
Student loans

2300 after taxes should be liveable, and I'm comparing to Denmark right now, so you are doing something wrong

>2300/month for 40h/week
>just made 3x that in a couple of hours holding ripple
Fuck, my motivation to work (if I even had any to start with) just disapeared

BS in Finance from not a very high ranking school. Would like to go back and start my masters (more than likely in marketing) within the next few years.

I've been working at my current company for nearly a year now. I'm up for a raise, where I'll more than likely meet my max hourly of $15-16/hour, in a couple of months. We are expanding out the ass so I've been sucking dick and washing dishes hoping to get a promotion of some sort within the next year or two because fuck sales.

I look around at job listings and went to a few interviews for positions where I'd actually use my degree and at best I'm matching my hourly rate currently.

you're actually doing pretty decent for someone your age.

the car payment is really the only thing hurting you it sounds like, but yeah. just try to cut costs any way you can and chip away at the loans. I'm 29 now and after about 5-6 years of working tons of OT and moving up the chain im now at about 82k a year and have all debt paid off (was ~50k). 100k+ net worth now too because i got 250 eth and some shitcoins.

moral of the story is you're not going to be flush overnight. it'll be a few years before you start to see the green grass on the other side, but only if you are working constantly to improve and don't stop.

Car (payment+gas+insurance) = 760
Phone = 70
Food = 200
Misc = 200
Minimum payment on school is $140 and change, I've been putting $500 a month. Rent on the studio I was looking at was $645.

Once upon a time I didn't have that car payment but I got rear ended pretty bad. Payout wasn't that high since my previous car wasn't worth that much. Decided to spoil myself with a car I actually wanted.

I live in Straya on 880 a month and our cost of living is higher. I have room mates though.

I'd just wait till your older and earning more money before living solo You save money on rent and utilities that you can put towards a house deposit. You got to consider that 100$ a week in rent covered by a house mate is 5+ grand a year saved.

what this guy said. I know it's shit but at 24 you need to be living with others to reduce costs. then once you've done that for a few years and would rather eat a bullet than live with someone else, you get your own place.

Find a better job.

Times changed. $40k isn't much these days.

I don't see how anyone could really live with less than $50k.

Get on linked in, ask around, charm people. Charm is literally 50% of succeeding in life. Read some 48 laws of power for a few ideas.

But mainly just find a way out of what you are doing. Also it sounds like you don't like what you do. You don't need to love what you do, but you need to at least like it a little.

Maybe move out somewhere where it's cheaper to live like Ohio! or Texas
But move to Ohio

Fuck off Ohio's full

if you have a BS in Finance, why not find something in financial sector?

I see you are a based Ohioan as well,
I can tell by your dubs,
OP only come to Ohio if you're Germanic and white

>Ohio's full

like anyone wants to be in Ohio. Get real.

Good, then you don't come here

The location in which you live is the most important thing. I'm 21 and live off $21,000 a year and still manage to save money every month. I own a car that I bought in cash while in highschool working part time jobs. Stop spending money on dumb shit, when you master the art of eating with only $10 a week, it will get easy.

its called the system is fucked and its getting worse

Haha omg I won't!

Literally someone would have to offer me $200k+ a year in an easy as fuck job to move to Ohio.

MOVE BACK IN THE BASEMENT. NOW!

Your savings will explode.

This. The only downside is feeling like a teenager sneaking around your parents. Either that or get a better job.

Otherwise, enjoy your $30.

Man here I was feeling bad about my 63k at 22 in Indianapolis

I'm not American but I'd rather live in Ohio than NY or California

Upstate NY is pretty nice, it like 100% different than NYC.

move to las vegas, work in night club, in one summer you could drive a lambo.

^^not me because I'm a neet, but my friends drive super nice cars, live in nice condos, and get free girls

Get another fulltime

I was feeling bad about my 120k in a rural area, with 2 paid off cars and condo.

Just move to suburb or two over outside the city dumbass. It's whiter, cleaner, less noisy, less crime, way less rent, less garbage, less bums, and then you'll still be like 15-20 minutes into the city.

Car: You bought an expensive car. You also have to pay more insurance for a nicer car. I don't know how much you spend on fuel, but American fuel is cheap but if you gotta drive to get places, that's fair enough.

Phone: Why is it $70? Is that paying off the phone in addition to data and minutes? Buy a cheaper phone and get a better tariff, I own a nice phone ($400-500 new) but pay about $7.50 for 250 minutes and 500mb data. I avoid using data and use WiFi where possible

Food: $200 is fair enough, but if you could manage 150 that's an extra $600 spare a year

Misc: $200, what is this? Gym? Alcohol? Video games? Suppose it's not that big

Getting rid of your school debt is a great idea, avoids the interest getting you, but don't pay so much you have no money to make more money with

If you can avoid rent, do it. It's a hell of a lot of your money give per month if it's not really necessary

Get rid of the car. Buy a shitbox while uyou oay of your loan and set a little sideaside for a car eupgrade.

Get a cheaper phone. $40/ mo should get you unlikited everything after buying a phone

State policies are all strongly influenced by NYC. Upstate is nice culturally, but you're still dealing with horrible gov't.

get rid of the car. Full coverage insurance + car payment and interest fucks your money. I will never buy another vehicle again on a loan.

>tfw live in major US city and only spend $500 a month which includes ALL my expenses
>(parents live 2000 miles away; try harder--I have no friends or family in the city at all)

I have over $1000 a month I don't even know what to do with. I've been putting it in /rgt/ just because. Short answer: you're not creative enough.

Hey, why don't you buy some kneepads?

>mfw 21 and netting $3000 in savings to invest alone per month with a job that pays about $38 per hour while living in my own place and taking care of wife and all payments and shitposting on Veeky Forums all at work because no debt, etc.
I worry I'll lose all motivation because of how easy my life has become some day.

>moving 500K of product a year and keeping $30 a month.
Wagecucking ladies and gentlemen...

the only honest answer you will get is this:

society is set up for a dual earner household
housing prices are so high, that unless you are already in, you can afford to get in without inheritance money
you will need a wife, who is also working in order to afford to live outside of your Grandma's basement

Sorry user, but that's the truth of it

>21
>wife

>>be 24, working 40 a week at a building supply company

How do YOU do it, motherfucker? How do you work for 40 hours without wanting to kill yourself?

I DON'T KNOW

TODAY I PRETTY MUCH BEGGED AN OLD COUPLE TO RE-DO ALL OF THEIR INTERIOR DOORS AND LISTENED TO MY MIDDLE-AGED COWORKERS COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW FAR OF A DRIVE TACO BELL IS FROM THE WAREHOUSE

>cucking himself at 21
Pretty sure it's bait, if not, godspeed

oy vey don't disturb my goyim let him do his thing

I am sad reading this user. Feeling bad for you. Let me tell you the truth, you're fucking up and you don't even know why. First of all, you're paying your debt, second of all you're living in chicago(even a long drive of a train to work would be better), third of all you're not making enough money.
>sales experience
Yeah, great. You want real sales experience? Join vector knives and try to sell those. If you don't sell, you don't get paid. That's real sales experience. There's tons of podcasts about how to sell properly and you're asking the scum of the net and pajeets how to run your life.
Word of advice, get better mentors.

He's keeping $400 power month, but you're totally right, his commission should be higher.

OP, you need to get into sales with a higher commission industry.

What is your diet exactly?

Hoosierfag here searching the Indy job market. What do you do? I will be graduating in the fall with a degree in business admin and one in business management.

Holy shit you car eats up 1/3 of your disposable income, of course you are having a hard time getting the money to last and finding room for buying an apartment

Fuck man, car debt is a chokehold on you

Hope it's nice, enjoy living in a basement for the forseeable future unless you get a better paying job

To add, if you had bought a cheaper car, even one of those econoboxes, you could have a payment plan down in the 100-200 dollar range

You bought above your paygrade, and now you are paying the price of being locked down financially.

This, guys, is the prime example why car loans are a bad deal if done wrong

t. Dane who keeps a car running inclusive buying price + repairs for about 50 cent pr mile driven = app 250 dollars a month inclusive taxes and insurance, and this is in one of the most expensive countries to own a car in in the whole fucking world

For clarity's sake I spend about 100 dollars a month on diesel

I also have a BS in finance from a shit-tier state school. I like the MBA idea, but this can go two ways:

1) Top-tier school like Chicago or Northwestern
2) Mid-tier while you work your current job (employers love this shit).

If you can demonstrate need, you may get a scholarship, in which case your ROI goes through the fucking roof.

But then you need to move to a job in finance or marketing. Quit fucking about with an hourly sales gig. The sales skill is nice - demonstrate that you're a leader at your company because this is huge - but if you're like me, you need a top flight degree to purify your academic reputation in the eyes of recruiters at the best paying firms.

I've identified your problem

buy ETH

>not living in a walkable city where you dont need to waste your income on a cage
Lmao