World of Warships Admiral - /wowsg/

kuma edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Important to read if you don't want to be brainwashed by Haruna and his minions
pastebin.com/hat48sxz

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/6evJAynS (embed) (embed)

>World of Warships enters Early Access on Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/552990/World_of_Warships/

>0.7.2.1
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-072/

>French BattlebaBBers
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/la-royale-boom/
>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[KUMA] on EU - contact one of the deputies or show up in the Veeky Forums channel
[BOTES] on SEA - contact the datamining chink who won't stop moaning about jake, "Benlisquare"
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact the childless, friendless, bitter autistic transgender male "JakeNS"

Previous: (Cross-thread)

Attached: 1507365352105.jpg (2560x1440, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

proships.ru/stat/ships/685/
youtube.com/watch?v=K_kAX0IB3-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st. for Kaga the CUTEST!

This carrier comes out with her torpbombers and AP divebombers. You can already hear the shreaking of her Stukas. What do you do? Keep in mind she has already strafed your Lexingtons fighters and doesn't care for DFAA.

Attached: __graf_zeppelin_kantai_collection_drawn_by_pip_red_juice1869__69e4d2cd62e93b62871ac60722fef914.jpg (1191x1684, 1.28M)

3rd for deplaned CV's

Attached: Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Katsuragi.jpg (3503x1512, 383K)

RAPTOR VULT

Attached: ridf marching on.jpg (1367x572, 122K)

Good taste. @EU

Attached: 1457485756254.png (576x539, 179K)

Thanks, ill leave things to you now NA, I do truly need the sleep.

Attached: You_are_the_most_beautiful_ship_in_the_world.jpg (538x591, 104K)

>Now bend over, you little spaghetti-whore!

Attached: FritzX.jpg (1400x1200, 650K)

I swear most people on the Discord just spin boats. I'm Blunicum, so I don't think I'm terrible enough that people would try to avoid me
I might be annoying
IDK, I just can never seem to find divs

I can only think of Hotel_a_QT refusing to play with other anons from /wowsg/. Why is he even here?

um just join their private in game channel for divs dude

Attached: qtest div.png (447x293, 123K)

to fuck your shit up
*teleports behind you*

>americans
Always trying to stick their 56%ers inside everything

>4-way syncdropping with clanmates
>OP gets sniped
Damm und blast

>my boatfu will never be real

Attached: UnAssigned_106.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's hilarious. How did Hotel_A_QT, Abrach and Chain get such a high likability if they hate most of /wowsg/?

Hmm?

Who's excited for the new PTS?

I'm excited for these spess ships we're getting in April, since I missed the previous S P A C E event a long time ago.

Dan is a faggot

report our kaga pls

Attached: file.png (84x63, 10K)

There's no CO humping the blue line, so you know it's a fake.

Never played PTS before, do you have to redownload the client to play on the PTS server?

there's a separate PTS client and you need a new login
Use the same email as your account on the live server otherwise you won't get rewards
I thought they had detailed instructions on the news post every time

Ok what am I not getting about the Akizuki's guns? I thought they were supposed to rip up other DD's but they barely seem to do anything. I don't expect to be able to fight Russians obviously but I lost a gunfight with a Yugumo ffs.

You do have IFHE on your captain, right?

Not yet but its on the list. Is it really that big of a deal though?

Yes because without it you do 0 damage to most DD hulls.

Jesus christ so until i unlock it i should just spam AP at everything?
At least it's not too far away till I get that last point now.

proships.ru/stat/ships/685/
Scroll down to the IFHE table. As you can see, you literally can't pen most of T8-10 DD armor without IFHE, which means yes, you'd have to rely on AP to damage most enemy destroyers.

>proships.ru/stat/ships/685/
thanks man

Most people would have a 10pt captain when they reach t8.

>Cleveland (Tier VIII)
>Superstructure armor increased to 16 mm, armored extremities increased to 25 mm.
>Surface detectability reduced from 13.3 km to 11.88 km, and in-smoke firing detectability reduced from 6.71 km to 5.64 km.
>Main gun reload time reduced from 10 seconds to 7 seconds; 180° rotation time reduced from 22.5 seconds to 18 seconds; in-tech-tree main gun upgrade was removed.
>Overall improvement on AAs. The 20mm Orelikons were exceptionally enhanced on Cleveland, providing 9.2 AA dps (single) and 15.6 AA dps (twin) per mount.

Attached: 1520094827649.png (280x280, 29K)

So is this better than NO or not

He probably took CE first.

I'm so fucking done with aigle.
It's not a bad ship but holy shit the teams I get with her make moss look intelligent. I can't fucking carry a flank all on my own you fucking mongloids.

Much like the Duke of Shit, I'll probably never play Aigle again now that I'm done with the accompanying campaign.
The fuckhuge detection range normally shouldn't be a problem with another DD/CV spotting for me, but that's impossible to ask for in randoms.

I was on two brothers. Set up smoke in the A cap just behind the island. Put fire into shit on the other side while contesting, there was no shortage of targets. Then a friendly DD runs out broadside in front of 2/3 of the enemy fleet not 5km from them and dumps torps, tries to smoke and dies immediately. From there it was a losing battle as our top tier BB sat behind the island in no position to shoot anything coming up. Then I run down to cap the enemy cap because fuck these guys are hopeless. Pull it off, and the rest of the team rounding the other side gets picked apart by like two enemies all while both flanks start flinging shit for being useless.

NA is such a fucking cancerous server

What better than New Orleans?

The new Cleveland.

>in Normandie
>broadside Hipper sailing straight line for minutes, at 9km
>every single shell overpens, each salvo does 3-4k damage until another CA join in and kill the thing
I fucking hate this ship.

It's not the normandie, that's cruisers in general.

The guns are fucking shit, overpen every single cruiser there is and do no damage against BBs so what the hell am I supposed to shoot at. And not to mention the fucking terrible dispersion.

learn to play it? I don't know, just about everyone loves the normandie, and the lyon is even more memetastic. The fault has to lie with you because everyone else can't be wrong.

Explain me how to play it then, like a Bismarck? Rush in and fighting DDs?
>just about everyone loves the normandie
lol no, that's fucking bullshit

Did you know HE shells are like, a thing?
Only AP when an actual Bismarck bum rushes you

Not the previous user, but Normandie? You have to push in a little bit like in between 10 and 15 km away from enemies because the dispersion beyond that distance can make you mad, but you don't necessarily kill DDs unless they show broadside to you. You play in her with a bit dare to obliterate broadsiding scrubs. You play Lyon more or less the same way, but you can make more atrociously good gameplay.
Also try to aim a bit lower than waterline when a scrub less than 10km away shows you broadside. You will see favorable numbers from one such salvo.

>suggesting using HE when driving bigger French boat
Workable on Lyon because 16 guns, but not really working on Normandie. I mean, French BBAP is already good in terms of penetration, and the BBHE is not as trollish as British one. Why bother?

So a Ebindurgh with lots better concealment and AA but without torps and smoke? That could be viable while playing solo and more deadly while getting divved.
I recently got her but I think she's worse than Nuernberg. Guns could be powerful when you get most of the 12 bullets hit on target, but the traditionally memetic USN cruiser shell trajectory really frustrates me.

It's all about camping behind islands

>Pensacola (Tier VI)
>Surface detectability increased from 12.78 km to 14.16 km, and in-smoke firing detectability increased from 7.32 km to 8.44 km.
Ah so it like in good old days of being perma spotted.
>In-tech-tree main gun upgrade was removed.
Ahaha. Go fuck yourself. WG. I am not going to play Pensa with stock guns AND permaspotting. Guess in this configuration Pensa is dead for me.

It better have some gimmick because even with 'merican AP it's going to have trouble measuring up to every other nation's tier 6.

what a pile of shit its going to be. Just like the good old days of the pepsi-cola

Tea destroyers and carriers when?

I'm feeling very tempted by the German Battleships, are they worth?

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_193-04-1-26,_Schlachtschiff_Bismarck.jpg (799x502, 49K)

It's a fun line if you like to get close. If you're some sniper shitter they will bring you nothing but misery

>get close

I really like to that actually, nice then!

I don't know how to feel about this, the healthpool is still low, and the armour mediocre although her citadel is very slim.
If she doesn't get some sort of shell upgrade she's gonna be an island hugger and I dont think I'd fancy that in a T10 battle.

Reminder to ignore this redditor circlejerker and his cronies, on EU.
Caters to his special friends and cares about "clan reputation" like the redditor he is, people calling him out for his bullshit are kicked.
Neither him or his buddies were part of /wowsg/, in fact he made a private Discord safespace where half of the members aren't part of our community and where he can roleplay his brony/manager delusions, because he's nothing but an azerbaijani powertripping cuck that jerks off to ponies.
By associating with him you are supporting Al Qaida, ISIS and any kind of goatfucker islamist group.

Attached: 1513174388677.png (1903x2479, 1.42M)

>Beginning of a match in Gascogne
>Fire on a Normandie at about 15km
>Take around 9k hp from him
>Fire another salvo that hits around the front turret
>Detonation
I actually felt kinda bad for that guy.

Tiers 3-5 are fun and will teach you how and when to brawl.
Tier6 is your first taste real of german "accuracy"
Tier 7 gneisenau should be the most fun bote in the game. But getting in a situation where it actually works is more down to the enemy fucking up royally. In the mean time enjoy your 6 patented overpen guns with "accuracy"
Bismarck is secondaries the ship.

The Alsace is an alright ship I suppose, will be better once I get IFHE

Attached: ye.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

And what about 9 and 10?

Forget they exist

wow I didn't expect them to be that bad

Grosser Kurfrust seemed fun

The Bismarck is the apex of German BBs, why bother continuing into disappointment

GK is very fun but she's objectively worse than Montana except for secondaries and bow armour.
Arguably she is more useful than Yamato but less useful than Conqueror or Montana.
Don't know much of Republique, but she isn't very tanky.

Too bad the way dispersion works in this game can fuck you up and make you miss shit from 5km away.

FdG isn't bad either but her main gun output damage is extremely unreliable.
Personally I never had issues with 4x2 gun layout, but people bitch about it all the time, so there's that.

French CVs!! When!?!?

Attached: 122397Barn.jpg (2318x1390, 393K)

You have a huge ass hull that takes a ton of penetration and fire damage, you turn so slow that you can't effectively dodge anything. The main strength of German BB is close range brawl but GK and FdG are so huge and sluggish you can't just push in and fight DDs like you can with a Bismarck.
They have great front armor for bow tanking but at the end of the day you only have 4 front guns with bad dispersion. 3x3 ships are simply better for this kind of task.

They take more normal penetrations but no citadels, and you can recover most of that and fire damage; german battleships are juggernouts and if you can manage damage control you can take damage, retreat and then come back with plenty of health late game.
GK can bowtank effectively against any gun in the game though not a very common tactic.
Hydro really helps against torps, it's the size that makes dodging torps as difficult as dodging them in Monty.

Ded

Attached: sms-goeben-with-torpedo-nets-rolled-up-pre1914.jpg (1280x894, 205K)

>Cleveland can mount Damage Control Party, Hydroacoustic Search/Surveillance Radar, Defensive Fire, and Spotter Plane
And who is going to take hydro instead of radar?

Same idiots that use the plane on Des Moines.

Manual Fire Control or Advanced Firing Training for a Gneisenau commander?

Manual secondaries without AFT is useless.

but yuro made such a cool video aout that it is now totally the new meta

>dream last night
>MO got reactivated
>part of the crew
>KC Chiefs coach Andy Reid is the captain
>Raptor is at the helm
>he beaches us
then my alarm went off
anyone ever get bote dreams?

Did your subconcious include raptor's autistic screeching as your alarm?

Alive?

I've been playing with Nassau lately and I love this thing, it's hilarious to use lol

>top 7 most played ships are BB
desu all other classes should be replaced with floating citadel class. It's like cruiser only can't shoot. Otherwise it can scratch mighty BB paint.

where's the cyanide please stop typing thonkan and thinken

Attached: this nigger has typed thonkan 2789 times.png (1256x913, 217K)

Why does Warships Blitz play smoother than Actual Warships

Is there a text list version?
I haven't watched the video.

As a gneis you should aim to get AFT, then manual and then finally IFHE

Post your best

Attached: ye ye ye.png (603x450, 11K)

Attached: fix cvs wg.png (600x418, 10K)

>Lyon newly acquired
>nice bote, does great, delete things real easy, kinda shit against other BBs but that's okay
>nothing but lost games
>every match there's a CV or two dumping all their loads on me
whyeventrying.jpg

Attached: dude fires lmao.png (440x483, 13K)

Attached: This thing looks broken.png (387x381, 8K)

>This thing looks broken.png
It is, I've definitely gotten 6+ kills on my taiho at one point

youtube.com/watch?v=K_kAX0IB3-8
>top 7 most played are all BBs
>CVs have been completly purged from the top 10, with the most popular being at place 55
Remind me, the year of what was 2017?

Attached: 1498455046104.png (293x323, 168K)

Is 2018 now tovarisch))))))))))))

>half the list are seal clubbing tiers
muh stats padding

I have difficulty acceptong wyoming being popular for any reason other than it's on the way to north carolina, especially when orion exists.

>grinding through corbet
>have outstanding games
>still lose because your team is just a little worse.

year of the conqueror